Author Topic: The last movie you saw....  (Read 521101 times)

Offline yahoo

• Opulent Member
  • Quake II | Powered by SMF 1.0.9.
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
Re: The last movie you saw....
« Reply #1635 on: January 14, 2018, 02:51:12 AM »
Jigsaw

1/10

Ok. was expecting to have at least a bit better and more blood and gore as the previous franchise since this is like a reboot or something.
First 5 minutes, OK this seems ok. Oh boy was i mistaken.

Justice League

6/10

If only not for zacky's this could have been a classic. I guess it was wonder woman who saved the film
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Well-Reasoned Argument and/or Conclusion
    Demonstrates Exceptional Knowlege of the Game
    Appears Not to Comprehend Game Fundamentals
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Whoosh! You done missed the joke thar Cletus!
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Preposterously Irrational Arguments
    Blindingly Obvious Logical Fallacies
    Absurd Misconstrual of Scientific Principles or Evidence
    Amazing Conspiracy Theory Bro
    Racist Ignoramus
Quake II | Powered by SMF 1.0.9.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.

Offline yahoo

• Opulent Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #1636 on: January 23, 2018, 06:01:33 AM »
The shape of water

Can say if its good or not.

Its a story bout a mute chick who pleasures herself at her bathtub before she goes to work and later fell for a merman and somehow found a way to make love with him.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• Irrepressibly Profuse Member
  • Help Destroy America: VOTE DEMOCRAT
    • View Profile
    • Focalor's Horrible Website: We Rape You Til The Room Stinks
  • Rated:
« Reply #1637 on: January 23, 2018, 11:52:52 AM »
The shape of water

Can say if its good or not.

Its a story bout a mute chick who pleasures herself at her bathtub before she goes to work and later fell for a merman and somehow found a way to make love with him.

I saw it the other weekend. It wasn't terrible. Honestly, if they would've left out the bathtub jilling-off scenes, the other brief scenes of nudity, and any of the rare "fuck" words, they could've gotten a PG-13 rating and made more money from a wider audience. And while I'll give it points for being a little more unique than all the rampant remakes out there these days, they still had to go injecting their "Hollywood morality" into it.  :ohreally:

The part at the "Dixie Diner" where they clearly use the name "Dixie" and the waiters prejudice for homosexuals and blacks to basically stereotype everyone from the south as being a racist homophobic klansman. This kinda shit is repeated over and over and over again either in the news media or in entertainment media, and now many people just accept it as fact. "Oh yeah, man. If a guy's from Tennessee or Georgia, he's gonna be racist and tell black people to sit at the back of the bus, true story." And this is why so many on the west coast are so upset about Trump getting elected. To many of them, that's exactly what southerners and midwesterners are, caricatures of a handful of traits they've been spoonfed by the media. We're all just poor, stupid, racist idiots, and therefore our opinions and votes shouldn't matter or be considered, because we're not smart or progressive enough to participate in politics that might also have an effect upon them.

It's the same way with the confederate flag. Those opposed to it's display have their own notions about what it means TO THEM, and therefore what it means TO THEM is more important than what anything means TO ME. To me, it's a symbol that represents the south as a region, and our culture, and our people, BLACK people included. In a minor way, it's an inspirational symbol to me because it represents a time when southerners as a whole bravely stood up to the federal government and said, "FUCK YOU, you're not gonna push us around and tell us what to do when you don't even fucking live here!" Granted, the major issue they were getting forced into was the abolishing of slavery. But that's the thing, no one cares about anything else. Slavery and civil rights is always the sacred and most important issue in any discussion where it even CAN be a minor momentary topic. No one is allowed to consider anything critically or logically, because it's already been dictated to you what your opinion will be if you want to remain relevant. Prejudice: preconceived notions with no consideration for any other factors. Is that irony or an oxymoron? Fuck it, we'll wait and let the media tell us what it is. ::)

And that was all said in order to lead up to this, believe it or not.

LBJ - starring Woody Harralson as LBJ... what the fucking fuck? He looked more like a rubber ballsack mask than LBJ. And once again, this movie really wasn't about the REAL LBJ. The entire movie should've been called JFK, but Oliver Stone already took that name. The entire movie mostly had LBJ in it, and yet they somehow still managed to make the most important figure in the movie be JFK. WHAT THE FUCK!?! And the biggest issue of both the JFK and LBJ presidencies was... Vietnam, right? WRONG!!! History has been "revised" in this film. Because, you see, JFK's presidency was not about Vietnam and the Cold War and Cuba, it was all about civil rights. JFK was a civil rights figure just as important as MLK, don'tcha know.

And the part where both Kennedy AND LBJ knew from their first day in office that Vietnam was an unwinnable clusterfuck of epic proportions... not even mentioned. (If you wanna see that, you gotta go see that other movie, The Post)

None of that shit matters though. Because YAAAY for us, we're good people and passed civil rights laws and integrated because we're progressive and righteous and wonderful!

Vietnam and the Cold War were nasty ugly parts of our history, and we damn well need to fucking OWN it. We went over there and killed shitloads of those people for nothing. We sent our sons over there by the boatload to die and suffer and lose limbs and get fucked up in the head psychologically for NOTHING. Black sons, white sons, the enemy didn't give a fuck what color we were... how's that for civil rights? We accomplished NOTHING. Lots of people died, and the same shit that was GONNA happen when it first started... happened any-fucking-way. The only ones who walked away from it winners were the companies selling everyone the weapons and equipment.

Fuck you, Hollywood.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline yahoo

• Opulent Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #1638 on: January 30, 2018, 11:24:22 PM »
Downsizing

5/10

Movie started to be a good one. Gave some giggles and laughs. Later however seems the twist of the story went out of the phase. Such a waste.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #1639 on: February 02, 2018, 01:35:08 AM »
Yeah, I saw that one. I agree. It started off good, but then kinda diverted to Shitsville due to inclimate plot development.

Apparently Tom Hanks is slated to play Fred Rogers in a Mister Rogers biopic. I dunno how that's gonna turn out. :D
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #1640 on: February 15, 2018, 04:31:21 AM »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline haunted

• I am hollywood.
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #1641 on: February 23, 2018, 05:56:42 PM »
Star Wars episode who gives a fuck: The last Jedi

1/10.

I'm exaggerating a little but man, I am not a fan of the newest movies. I feel like the casting is bad, the acting is bad, and the plot is bad. The sarcasm/occasional corniness was a failure. I think the first, episode 7 of the newest ones could've been better but even that one was so bad I can't even remember the plot other than discovering Luke at the end. I remember the plots of episodes 1 through 6.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #1642 on: February 23, 2018, 06:53:02 PM »
Now that I think about it... yeah, you're right. There really isn't much of a meaningful plot. The dark side is trying to run the galaxy and they gotta stop them somehow. Yeah, that's technically a "plot". It's the same fucking plot from the previous 6 films. They jerk off the dumbass audience with all the visual bullshit in hopes that it'll distract from all the terrible shit you just mentioned.

But you gotta understand something about American cinema.

We're the folks who made 8 or 9 different Fast and Furious movies. Quality shit there.

We're the folks who made 6 or 7 different Rocky movies, because we CAN. And then when Sylvester Stallone and Carl Weathers were both too fucking old to look convincing while beating the shit out of someone, we stuck a young no-name black dude in there and called it Creed.

They made 5 or more fucking Police Academy movies. Yeah, all of em with Steve Guttenburg. What the fuck was wrong with us in the 80's?

America turns out shit movies like an assembly line. It's not entirely Hollywood's fault. They MAKE the shit, so yeah, they catch some of the blame. But the stupid fucking retarded American public goes and sees it. They do focus groups and surveys and extensive marketing research to see what people want from movies, and then they turn around and give them what they want. The goal is not to make a quality movie. The goal is to produce a product that generates shitloads more profit than what they have invested in the production of it. If movies are predictable and shitty and unimaginative, it's because that's the general consensus of what movies should be now. So thank the fuckhead in the row in front of you, it's his fault.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline haunted

• I am hollywood.
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #1643 on: February 24, 2018, 12:03:53 PM »
They do focus groups and surveys and extensive marketing research to see what people want from movies, and then they turn around and give them what they want. The goal is not to make a quality movie. The goal is to produce a product that generates shitloads more profit than what they have invested in the production of it. If movies are predictable and shitty and unimaginative, it's because that's the general consensus of what movies should be now. So thank the fuckhead in the row in front of you, it's his fault.

I haven't seen Black Panther, but I couldn't help but think of the movie when I read this. So yes I'm a racist now for saying that ::)

I actually watch several of comic-based superhero series. From Marvel I enjoy Agents of shield which is plot-filler in between the Marvel Movies. And from DC I enjoy The arrow, the flash, and--because it was comprised of characters from both of these series DC's Legends of tomorrow. Some I don't like but those 4, even if I am behind on episodes I like to watch. I learned recently that DC's Legend's of tomorrow was postponed just so their new series "Black Lightning" could take their slot at 9pm on wednesday. Coincidentally it aired 2 weeks before Black Panther aired in theaters from Marvel  :purpleshock:

I know some people are triggered by this movie and series by the prefix Black in different ways. Some I don't agree with, some I can empathize with. I'm just wondering why White Man and Jewish Lightning haven't aired yet :???:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #1644 on: February 24, 2018, 07:38:12 PM »
I haven't seen the movie, but I did see that preview thing they did during the Superbowl. I'll admit, the premise is interesting. It diverges from the usual boring storylines, and while a "tribal african king who moonlights as a superhero" sounds highly unrealistic and far fetched, you gotta remember: it's just a superhero movie. My ma made a comment to me about it, complaining about the name "Black Panther" because she thinks Black Panthers are an anti-white racist organization. Well... blame the creator for that stupid unimaginative name. He's not a newly conceived character. I remember seeing him as a Marvel character back in the 90's when I had a set of those Marvel comic trading cards (probably still do somewhere, I hope they're worth money now, but they're probably not).

I don't watch ANY of the shows, AT ALL. I saw the Batman vs Superman movie on one of the premium channels out of sheer laziness. I didn't wanna roll over and reach for the remote. So instead I laid there hating the movie and the retarded attention deficit disorder way they showcased all the action scenes, everything always blurry and flying and zipping all over the place. I don't mind watching the XMen related movies because that's the main Marvel comic series I read as a teen. And I liked the first couple of Michael Keaton as Batman movies, especially the first one from 1989 I think. I remember I must've saw that movie about 10 times while it was in theaters, me and my aunt would go every other week to see it.

These superhero movies though... they're predictable money grabbers. They know people eat that shit up and will pay for a ticket even if it's not a character they really love. I mean... you watch the shit on TV and you don't even really like it. :D

I did a survey where they proposed the idea that the audience gets to vote at certain times during the movie to influence the outcome of the story. Either with a box wired to the seat arm or with an app on your phone (most likely the phone thing, more cost effective for them, and idiots love fuckin retarded apps for their phones). So imagine being in a theater where everyone is fucking with their phone during the movie. And you know they'll be chatting with their friends about what they picked. Dumbest fucking idea ever. But I bet they'll do it, I bet enough other people got surveyed who told them it was a LOVELY idea. Fuck people. People are shit.

I did my part though. I told them what a stupid fucking idea it was. So don't blame me.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline Sgt. Dick

• Loquaciously Multiloquent Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #1645 on: February 25, 2018, 06:29:26 AM »
I haven't seen Black Panther, but I couldn't help but think of the movie when I read this. So yes I'm a racist now for saying that ::)

I actually watch several of comic-based superhero series. From Marvel I enjoy Agents of shield which is plot-filler in between the Marvel Movies. And from DC I enjoy The arrow, the flash, and--because it was comprised of characters from both of these series DC's Legends of tomorrow. Some I don't like but those 4, even if I am behind on episodes I like to watch. I learned recently that DC's Legend's of tomorrow was postponed just so their new series "Black Lightning" could take their slot at 9pm on wednesday. Coincidentally it aired 2 weeks before Black Panther aired in theaters from Marvel  :purpleshock:

I know some people are triggered by this movie and series by the prefix Black in different ways. Some I don't agree with, some I can empathize with. I'm just wondering why White Man and Jewish Lightning haven't aired yet :???:

What about "White men can't jump"  :lolsign:

• Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
aka IOU

Offline |iR|Focalor

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #1646 on: February 25, 2018, 10:21:45 AM »
I'm the first one bitching about reverse racism and unfairness and all that shit usually. But on this one, I gotta say... chill out, white folks. It's just a movie. So it ain't a movie about white folks for once, big deal. You've got movies like the old silent film "Birth of a Nation" and the old Lavar Burton TV miniseries "Roots" that are kinda designed to elicit emotional responses from racial-minded folks. But as far as I can tell, that's not really the aim of this movie.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline haunted

• I am hollywood.
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #1647 on: February 25, 2018, 04:17:37 PM »
No one cares about the those movies lol. All I see are YouTube stars, media, celebs etc desperate to shame white people. Everything I've seen concerning that narrative is taking some random YouTube comment then ranting about it for 10 minutes addressing "white people". So part of their agenda is to trigger whites that weren't triggered before through their rants... I mean they're YouTube comments from Joe Shmoe. Some people will say whatever just to get likes.

I posted to be funny and was hoping to get a snicker out of "Jewish Lightning" lol
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #1648 on: February 25, 2018, 05:06:19 PM »

I posted to be funny and was hoping to get a snicker out of "Jewish Lightning" lol

Yeah, well I'm pretty sure Adam Sandler did something like that. And then there was that stupid The Hebrew Hammer movie with Adam Goldberg.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline haunted

• I am hollywood.
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #1649 on: February 25, 2018, 06:43:34 PM »
Never seen those movies but the term Jewish lightning has been around for a century. It's insinuating that a Jewish person would commit arson on their own property then collect the insurance money basically. Clearly a derogatory term but I've always found the concept hilarious even if completely false. Which is why I thought comparing it to black lightning may stir a laugh.  :???:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

El Box de Shoutamente

Last 10 Shouts:

-Unh0ly-

March 18, 2024, 03:51:45 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjGjxwHT6ok

played guitar drums bass and sang cuz everyone too lame to start a band with me

0rbisson

March 14, 2024, 04:29:08 AM
HT1 or whatever the stupid map name is instant server killer. the map is trash, Everyone leaves

Costigan_Q2

March 10, 2024, 04:00:02 PM
This is my fave TS post.

And quadz posted it - some ppl must haaate that. :)

-Unh0ly-

February 29, 2024, 08:35:47 AM
MONDAY NIGHT RAILWARZ GAMES   74.91.120.171:27910 -- BIG FUCKIN GAMES.... LETS GO!!!!!!!

|iR|Focalor

February 29, 2024, 01:19:58 AM

|iR|Focalor

February 27, 2024, 12:23:01 AM

0rbisson

February 26, 2024, 11:38:19 AM
player "shogun" known hacker back on ts servers. http://forum.tastyspleen.net/quake/index.php?topic=21160.msg201752#msg201752

|iR|Focalor

February 17, 2024, 10:11:59 PM

Costigan_Q2

February 16, 2024, 07:45:01 AM
Almost 4 months ey? that's a new record.

Last accepted: profile;u=7126
Date Registered:17-10-2023
WaKy-FeLa

Last registered: profile;u=7150
Date Registered:09-02-2024
damsonpharmacy

0rbisson

February 14, 2024, 10:51:18 PM
pings back up to 400+ on dm

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:53:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length