Author Topic: Ye Religion Thread  (Read 1036971 times)

Offline animosity

• View Profile
  • Rated:
Re: Ye Religion Thread
« Reply #3060 on: May 15, 2014, 04:51:28 PM »
HA!!   ^^
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Well-Reasoned Argument and/or Conclusion
    Demonstrates Exceptional Knowlege of the Game
    Appears Not to Comprehend Game Fundamentals
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Whoosh! You done missed the joke thar Cletus!
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Preposterously Irrational Arguments
    Blindingly Obvious Logical Fallacies
    Absurd Misconstrual of Scientific Principles or Evidence
    Amazing Conspiracy Theory Bro
    Racist Ignoramus
gOd2DuM: lady puts finger in ur ass and stimulates behind the dick
goldy: how would you know that?
gOd2DuM: its my favorite

Offline Roarkes

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #3061 on: May 16, 2014, 04:15:07 AM »
stereotypical ethnic ghetto-style individual wut!!! E'rybody know Jesus was a brotha!

Lol. Nevertheles, it had at least a more darker tone of the skin than the people in Europe.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• Irrepressibly Profuse Member
  • Help Destroy America: VOTE DEMOCRAT
    • View Profile
    • Focalor's Horrible Website: We Rape You Til The Room Stinks
  • Rated:
« Reply #3062 on: May 16, 2014, 09:44:15 AM »
Well Jesus was apparently Jewish. And Jews do look pretty similar to white people. As far as skin tone, they're about halfway between caucasian and arab.

In accordance with any religious texts pertaining to Christianity, I don't really think it matters what color anyone wants to depict him as in a portrait as long as that sect/denomination doesn't focus any of their beliefs or teachings on the supposed fact that he WASN'T a Jew. If anyone is focusing too much energy on what color Jesus was, 99.99% of the time they've got a racist angle in play. From the oldest original texts, it's pretty clear that Jesus WAS in fact Jewish. Meanwhile, you've got the racist white supremacists from the Church of Jesus Christ Christian (which is basically the religious storefront that the modern Ku Klux Klan and other white supremacist organizations hide behind) claiming that Jesus was a white aryan. Then you've got others that wanna claim he was black as Denzel Washinton simply because one verse of the Bible mentions something like "he had skin of/like brass." I'm not religious at all and I don't believe in anything, but I think that if God actually is real and Jesus Christ was actually his human incarnation, then I don't think some dumb shit like skin color really matters to God. I've seen nothing in the Bible that leads me to believe that God gives a shit about what color or race anyone here on Earth is. It's pretty clear from the texts that we're ALL equally horrible pieces of garbage unworthy of him. And according to the Bible, at one time God actually prefered the Jews... but then they doubted him after he delivered them out of slavery at the hands of the Egyptians, not to mention how they forced the Roman rulers to crucify his only son. So as it stands now, it looks like even the Jews are looked upon like total pieces of shit just like everyone else.

This kinda reminds me of something that happened before I graduated high school. It made the national US news back in 98 or 99 I think. There was a hyper-conservative protestant Christian college called Bob Jones University located in South Carolina I think. The media was jumping their shit because they didn't allow inter-racial dating. The private Christian school I went to was loosely affiliated with this university because they got a lot of the text books and satellite linked classes from them. But many of the people teaching at this private Christian school, including the dean, who was also the pastor of the church where this school was located, actually SUPPORTED their reasoning for prohibiting inter-racial dating. And the whole time, they ACTUALLY THOUGHT that they were being good wholesome biblical Christians by doing so. They cited some verse from the Bible in the Old Testament that says, "Be ye not unequally yolked" as their reasoning for it. And they didn't think that was racist at all! :D What the verse is ACTUALLY referring to is when believers marry non-believers and comparing it to when you have two different size/strength oxen yolked together to pull something. Obviously the weaker one is just gonna hinder the stronger one from pulling the load properly.

Anyway, long story short, eventually Bob Jones University had to cave in to the media pressure to allow inter-racial dating otherwise they would've been continuously viciously attacked by the media and everyone else for being the racist fucking assholes that they were. I still the remember the statement they issued when the University made it's decision to allow inter-racial dating. The dude who ran the university said something to the effect of, "We're gonna allow inter-racial dating so that the devil can't use the issue as a tool to destroy their school." HA! Fucking assholes, man. Check them out on Wikipedia. You'll see they have a history of racial discrimination dating back to the Jim Crowe era. And I guess the school probably has something to do with the fact that the page's mention of the 2000 repeal of the inter-racial dating policy is so unbelievably vague and short. Yeah, I'd be pretty fucking embarrassed by that shit too and want to say as little about it as possible.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Jones_University#Dropping_the_no-interracial-dating_rule_.282000.29

:ohlord: Fucking assholes, man. Fucking assholes.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 09:59:53 AM by |iR|Focalor »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline The Dreaming Dragon

• Carpal Tunnel Member
  • " ! "
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline quadz

• Loquaciously Multiloquent Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #3064 on: July 19, 2014, 03:15:10 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/20/world/asia/struggling-to-keep-afghan-girl-safe-after-a-mullah-is-accused-of-rape.html?_r=0

KUNDUZ, Afghanistan — It was bad enough that the alleged rape took place in the sanctity of a mosque, and that the accused man was a mullah who invoked the familiar defense that it had been consensual sex.

But the victim was only 10 years old. And there was more: The authorities said her family members openly planned to carry out an “honor killing” in the case — against the young girl. The mullah offered to marry his victim instead.

This past week, the awful matter became even worse. On Tuesday, local policemen removed the girl from the shelter that had given her refuge and returned her to her family, despite complaints from women’s activists that she was likely to be killed.
[...]
As the Western withdrawal from Afghanistan has accelerated, rights advocates are seeing a sharp difference in their funding. “We already see the signs of losing the support of the international community,” said Ms. Geyah, in an interview before she resigned. “No one’s funding new civil society programs anymore. None of the foreigners show up anymore; they’re all in hiding. And I think what gains we have achieved the last 13 years, we’re slowly losing all of them.”

The accused mullah, Mohammad Amin, was arrested and confessed to having sex with the girl after Quran recitation classes at the mosque on May 1, but claimed that he thought the girl was older and that she responded to his advances.

The girl’s own testimony, and medical evidence, supported a rape so violent that it caused a fistula, or a break in the wall between the vagina and rectum, according to the police and the official bill of indictment. She bled so profusely after the attack that she was at one point in danger of losing her life because of a delay in getting medical care.
[...]
In the hospital room, the doctor found the girl’s mother holding her child’s hand, and both were weeping. “My daughter, may dust and soil protect you now,” Dr. Sarwari quoted the mother as saying. “We will make you a bed of dust and soil. We will send you to the cemetery where you will be safe.”

Even mothers here often believe that there is no choice but to kill rape victims, who are seen as unmarriageable and therefore a lifelong burden to their families, as well as a constant reminder of dishonor.

Traditional Family Values, eh.

:ohlord:

• Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
"He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious."

Offline 2d

• Carpal Tunnel Member
  • Bow Down to the King
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #3065 on: July 19, 2014, 07:44:10 PM »
I will tell you all the truth about life once and for all, so stfu and prepare to be educated:

edit: First i will share with you my experience, due to fader:

My brain was intensely revved and extremely emotional one afternoon. While crying and maxing out emotionally, in a moment of internal anguish and carnal desperation for truth about the world, something majestic unfolded. My sense of time perception shifted and I transcended into an extremely immense sense of awareness. An earthquake of awareness took hold of me.

My sense of time completely distorted and I SAW and FELT that time was ageless. In this reality, everything holds a life presence, everything is perfectly harmonious, and everything is love.

I felt my body reaching into the deepest depths of human consciousness and I began feeling as if I were five thousand yrs old.
I felt my heart and body and mind giving birth to a new perception of reality. I entered very slowly, very powerfully and very concentratedly into another realm of human consciousness and awareness in what can only be described as a transfiguration.

I began breathing differently and love just started pouring out of me through words and heavy breath. My chest felt heavy and very warm. My heart felt as if it were lit like a candle radiating like an emotional sun as it was filling my body. My perception of reality changed and everything surrounding me held a life presence..I was so overwhelmed with emotion, i could barely open my eyes. My entire face was concentrated, and appeared in the same manner as the newborn infant in the picture i have attached.

I was in an immense and deeply concentrated rosy and hazy flame and for the next hour, I learned and witnessed more about life than anyone or anything could possibly teach me.

...the whole experience lasted just under an hour, and i was not alone. It has changed my life, my beliefs and proved to me who I really was and how important it was to realize that every inch of this earth and universe, from the sand grain to the ant....from the waters to the trees, from the stars to the outer reaches of the universe.....

Everything, is contains life, and everything in its totality is divine.

We are surrounded and unknowingly immersed within an ocean of emotion. Every breath we take is not oxygen, but life itself. All of life is harmoniously intermingled and beautiful. This oceanic vibrative wave of emotional ambrosia is where all of life sprouts from, and through which everything is connected.

God is an infinite and continuous partitioning of all life including ourselves. God is the totality of all existence, past, present and future form, existing as and  through the infinite ocean of love which surrounds and exists within us.
Whether you glance at a tree, a wild fox, or your fellow human, we are all of God and of its essence.

If you want to really know what life is, reading words can only take you so far. But I can give you the correct path. Whats amazing is, every human being knows this inherently, but over the years has become accustomed to his environment so deeply, that truly escaping the matrix pf the 21st century is very difficult.

Eliminate your ego, and your self consciousness, and return to the original state of your birth, when you first entered the world. All religions constantly tell you:

thou shall not steal, thou shall not murder, thou shall not...shall not... shall not....
thou shall fast from sunrise to sunset (muslim ramadan) etc

Humans have fallen in love with directives rather than trying to truly understand what the great people of the past tried to advise in the best capacity that they could.

I will liken my words to an analogy:
Everytime you take jump into a pool or go out for a swim, and submerge yourself, your perception of reality changes. You experience the water uniquely in a way that cannot be truly explained through words. Your visibility is limited, your hearing is altered, and your state of consiousness is different.

It is possible to return to that original state at any age and at any given time. The only way to truly do so, is to engage your emotions, to build up your desire for the truth about the world to such an extent, that you cry out in severe longing and desperation for revelation. What you need to do is physically cry out like a newborn baby, literally to such an extent, that your entire self and will is dedicated and exhausted with love, and life will present itself to you:

There is an infinite ocean of emotion that exists throughout the entirety of the universe. All of creation, organic or not is made from this radiation of love.

God is not a singular being, or even a deity.
The human concept of god is naive and truly beneath our capacity.
I have given you a path to find the truth about life. This is the road i have been down, and so has moses, in his 40 day journey through the dessert with his longing for truth, so has christ, with his transfiguration atop the mountainside, and so has muhammad, with his retreats to the cave alone in search for truth, as well as the buddha, through his own transfiguration and journey. The religious texts that have followed these men have no doubt been altered to control the multitudes of mindless souls who live adrift. Most of the sayings of these great men can be viewed in harmony and towards a common theme.

Truth is only found within, and you will never be satisfied until you undertake the journey for yourself. Even as you read my words, i am certain 100% of it will have fallen on deaf ears, but it is the truth. All of you will think i am insane, but rest assured, this is the path to god and to the top of the mountain to attain the vision all humans were endowed to recieve from the moment of birth.

Remember, to truly know yourself and the environment requires destruction of yourself, of your ego, and of all desire from this earth. you must return back to the original state of life. And i will tell you all for the last time, the radiation of love is everywhere and in everything. Look to the nebulas around us, We have already captured the essence on camera, but no scientific tool will ever be able to duplicate the human heart and its capacity to interpret what was intended for us to experience.  God bless <3

Many people have freed themselves and attained the truth:

"The thought manifests as the word. The word manifests as the deed. The deed develops into habit. And the habit hardens into character. So watch the thought and its ways with care. And let it spring from love, born out of concern for all beings."
-Buddha

Prophet Muhammad - “They will enter the Garden of Bliss those who have a true, pure, and merciful heart.”

"Love is a fruit in season at all times, and within reach of every hand."
-Mother Teresa

This I command you, to love one another. The kingdom of God is within you.
-Jesus

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched- they must be felt with the heart." - Helen Keller

“Love is like a friendship caught on fire: in the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.” – Bruce Lee

“Nobody has ever measured, even poets, how much love a heart can hold.” – Zelda Fitzgerald

"Love is the dynamism that infallibly brings the unconscious to light"
- Carl Jung

“Love is the strongest force the world possesses, and yet it is the humblest imaginable”
-Mahatma Gandhi

"God is always in man, and very commonly the soul is aware of His (passive)
presence. It is as if He slept in the soul. If He wakes up only once in a man's whole life the
experience of that instant affects the whole of life. If the experience of that instant should be
indefinitely prolonged what soul could bear it!"

- John Yepes (St. John of the Cross)

"Under the luminousness of real vision, it alone takes possession, takes value.

Like the shadowy dwarf in the fable, once liberated and looked upon, it expands over the whole earth and spreads to the roof of heaven.

I should say, indeed, that only in the perfect un-contamination and
solitariness of individuality
may the spirituality of religion positively come forth at all.

Only here and on such terms, the meditation, the devout ecstasy, the soaring flight,

Only here communion with the mysteries, the eternal problems......
whence? whither?
Alone.
And identity and the mood—and the soul emerges.......and all statements, churches, sermons, melt away like vapors.

Alone, and silent thought, and awe, and aspiration— and then the interior consciousness, like a hitherto unseen
inscription, in magic ink, beams out its wondrous lines to the sense

Bibles may convey and priests expound,
but it is exclusively for the noiseless operation of one's isolated Self to enter the pure ether of veneration, reach the divine levels, and commune with the unutterable"

- Walt Whitman
(one of the greatest quotes of all time, whitman, one of the greatest poets ever, describes the ocean of emotion i witnessed)

Read this:
http://www.archive.org/stream/cosmconscious/ccon_djvu.txt

<span data-s9e-mediaembed="youtube" style="display:inline-block;width:100%;max-width:640px"><span style="display:block;overflow:hidden;position:relative;padding-bottom:56.25%"><iframe allowfullscreen="" scrolling="no" style="background:url(https://i.ytimg.com/vi/m5TwT69i1lU/hqdefault.jpg) 50% 50% / cover;border:0;height:100%;left:0;position:absolute;width:100%" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/m5TwT69i1lU"></iframe></span></span><br /><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/m5TwT69i1lU&amp;hl=en" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/m5TwT69i1lU&amp;hl=en</a>
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 09:19:32 PM by 2d »
Futhermore, you keep saying "occupation". It's not an occupation.
Denial is a crime against humanity!

Offline fdrjk

• Brobdingnagian Member
  • gotta be above it
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #3066 on: July 19, 2014, 08:12:56 PM »
Obviously you've never been depressed or tried to kill yourself in your entire life, so I'm just going to assume you don't know what you're talking about. Unless you can post something that will legitimately prove me wrong (which I'm open to), you're clearly not thinking out of experience. Not all of life's problems can be solved by embracing someone elses' subjective interpretation of the idea of God or love.

Honestly, this whole outlook and moral high-ground you're trying to push is so condescending, it's downright offensive sometimes. However, as outlandish it is, it makes me think, so I'll give you that. You're not stupid or anything, just very easily swayed when it comes to subjective ideas you interpret as objective, which only exist to offer diverse ideas in an incomprehensibly huge world; not offer a single truth.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline 2d

• Carpal Tunnel Member
  • Bow Down to the King
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #3067 on: July 19, 2014, 08:22:40 PM »
a child will remain foreign to the feelings of maturity, until he is ready. my words will ring hollow to all of you because this truth exists on a maturity level you will have to aspire your entire life to reach. I am not being condescending towards anyone, you can deduce that my words are written in a way that testifies to how absolutely positive with my entire being that my words are nothing but truth. I will not apologize for truth. what i wrote down is subjective, because i cannot share it with you. You have a heart, and i hope to high heaven that one day you experience a truth so powerful that it overrides all hesitation within you. Life is designed for each individual to learn and experience for themselves. everything is perfect
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 08:33:57 PM by 2d »

Offline fdrjk

• Brobdingnagian Member
  • gotta be above it
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #3068 on: July 19, 2014, 08:27:13 PM »
i will not apologize for truth.
[...]
what i wrote down is subjective, but life is designed for each individual to learn and experience for themselves.

That's contradictory. Unless you wanna stop being vague and tell me what you think is objective (oxymoron), and what you think isn't.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline 2d

• Carpal Tunnel Member
  • Bow Down to the King
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #3069 on: July 19, 2014, 08:37:34 PM »
Fader i cannot give you evidence of love. If you asked me to quantify the amount of love I have for humanity or for my mother, I cannot objectively produce an iota of evidence, but that does not mean that it is not real. I cannot prove to you anything that i have written, and i readily concede this, but this does not mean that what I have stated should be discounted in anyway shape or form. It is truth to me, and others have written about similar experiences, hence the quotes i have given.

I already said 100% of you will think of me as insane and my words will ring of lunacy, but in the end, we are all human, and it is my responsibility to share my incites with all of you, because all of us are the same being on the same path. 
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 08:44:27 PM by 2d »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline fdrjk

• Brobdingnagian Member
  • gotta be above it
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #3070 on: July 19, 2014, 08:40:34 PM »
 :dohdohdoh:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline 2d

• Carpal Tunnel Member
  • Bow Down to the King
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #3071 on: July 19, 2014, 08:49:14 PM »
I'm just going to assume you don't know what you're talking about. Unless you can post something that will legitimately prove me wrong (which I'm open to), you're clearly not thinking out of experience. Not all of life's problems can be solved by embracing someone elses' subjective interpretation of the idea of God or love.

Wtf are you talking about? This is not my adoption of someone else's interpretation of the idea of love or god. I had my own personal experience and revelation, and the words i have written and the experience i went through for over an hour are beholden to myself, and I to it. The quotes I have included in the above post serve to strengthen my own experience and relate it to historical figures from the past

gtfo fader

edit: fu fader, i posted my experience in teh original post now. and gtfo ex.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 09:20:07 PM by 2d »

Offline ex

• Carpal Tunnel Member
  • :>
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #3072 on: July 19, 2014, 09:39:18 PM »
Everyone, please "racist ignoramous" 2dum's posts so we don't have to look at that garbage.

BTW, the real face of Jesus:

...at least closer than some depictions show.  Judging by the people in the area where Jesus was born, which IIRC is modern-day Jordan, he was a darker-skinned Jew, but not truly "black" like some people think.  He was pretty much an Arab.

I always found it funny when The Passion of the Christ came out, and everyone was saying how they didn't enjoy the movie because Jim Caviezel didn't "look" like Jesus.  Apparently to white people, if he isn't blond-haired and blue eyed, it isn't the real Jesus.  And to black people, if he doesn't look like he's African black, it isn't the real Jesus either.  Idiots.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
VaeVictis:
i find it funny that you even consider grammar a sign of intelligence, that itself is a very uneducated claim

http://alldeadmormonsarenowgay.com/

Offline |iR|Focalor

• Irrepressibly Profuse Member
  • Help Destroy America: VOTE DEMOCRAT
    • View Profile
    • Focalor's Horrible Website: We Rape You Til The Room Stinks
  • Rated:
« Reply #3073 on: July 19, 2014, 11:11:16 PM »
If anyone wants to measure the quality and/or worth of 2dum's "quasi-religious revelation", consider that he claims to be perceptive enough to see all these things that apparently no one else is attuned to, yet he can't perceive how much of an idiot everyone thinks he is, otherwise he'd keep his mouth shut about such things... as well as pretty much everything else that comes to his mind that he disgraces the english language by using it to impart those thoughts to others.

"Everything holds a life presence and everything is love..."  :D Bullshit, son. Life is not eternal, it's presence is not eternal, therefore in the grand scheme of eternity, life means jack shit to everything except the living. One thing I will agree with though... "Time was (is) ageless." I see these shows on the Science channel talking about planets and the universe. I hear these apparently highly respected experts claiming that at some point even time and space will END. DISAGREE. Time will never end. Space cannot end. Neither one of them physically exist as THINGS. I know the concept of "eternity" is pretty daunting, but the fact remains that space goes on forever and ever and ever and ever and it NEVER stops. You could go so far that no matter at all exists in that enormous portion of space, but that really only means that you're gonna keep going that direction and see a WHOLE LOT MORE of that nothingness.

Nothing IS.

To be bluntly honest, this means that Adolf Hitler can kill 6 million Jews without going to Hell, because it honestly doesn't matter. It means I can murder anyone I want. It means there really are no divine consequences, in this life or the next, for the awful shit I may do no matter how vile, sick and twisted it may be. It means laws are merely suggestions, especially if you have the might, balls, and brute force to overpower whoever wants to recite these piddly laws to you. It means there really is no such thing as evil.

Unless... you're a living human being who consciously or subconsciously agrees to abide by the rules and constructs of our civilized society. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that murder and all forms of depravity are a-okay. I'm just saying that if one steps outside of the bounds of humanity and truly looks objectively at it all, good and evil are pointless descriptors.

We look at sociopath behaviorisms as being a malfunction. Basically this type of person views their actions much like the rest of the universe would. There is no guilt or empathy or sorrow or good or evil. There is only the goal and the realization of that goal. We look at sociopaths as if THEY are the fucked up ones, as if THEY are broken and need fixing. Maybe they're just fucking fine and dandy and it's the rest of us who have been conditioned and brainwashed to have too much guilt and empathy.

Wouldn't that truly be some shit? To live your entire life for 90 or 100 years as a staunch Atheist, and because you still follow the civil code of having empathy for your fellow man and you try to live "right", you've basically still been successfully annexed and controlled by the systems religious mechanisms. It's a little scary to suppose that WHAT IF... the real "right" thing to do is to kill at will and be an asshole whenever and wherever you please. The world would be like... you're the only single white person stuck right in the middle of the 1992 LA race riots, only it's just like that for everyone else too. Madness? Lunacy? Nah, it's just another day here on planet Earth. :D

See, religion doesn't quite suck so bad anymore, does it, kids? Think about that shit next time you wanna claim you're "oppressed" just because your parents make you go to church as a kid. Worse shit could happen to you. MUCH worse. The world is full of more sociopaths than you think.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 11:29:56 PM by |iR|Focalor »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline quadz

• Loquaciously Multiloquent Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #3074 on: July 19, 2014, 11:52:39 PM »
subjective ideas you interpret as objective

Indeed.

others have written about similar experiences 

Yes, they have. And their various interpretations also tend to take on the trappings of their local culture and belief systems.

Members of our species have documented having experienced transformative moments of transcendence throughout history. To one person it proves Allah exists. To another it proves Jesus is real. Others may give their interpretation a new-age-y cast, like, "Every breath we take is not oxygen, but life itself."

Secular interpretations of the experience are also possible: http://www.samharris.org/blog/item/this-must-be-heaven

It's been awhile, but my own versions of similar experiences in my 20's left me nearly convinced--for quite some time--that a 'spiritual' dimension must overlay what we normally perceive as the physical dimensions, and that there was some sort of life-energy native to this spiritual dimension associated with every living thing in the physical dimension. Some days I could 'see' this energy emanating from people, even in such mundane circumstances as while walking to lunch with co-workers.

But we also know that extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. I do recall being careful to avoid letting myself become fully convinced that my particular hypotheses about these experiences were in fact correct.

As Richard Feynman put it: The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool.

:?:

• Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
"He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious."

El Box de Shoutamente

Last 10 Shouts:

RyU

September 03, 2024, 05:15:49 PM
And wow Derrick is still playing lol

RyU

September 03, 2024, 05:15:15 PM
Just know yesterday is gone and soon tomorrow will be gone too  :)

Lejionator

August 08, 2024, 07:28:01 PM
It's tiem to QuakeCon!!!  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThQd_UJaTys

ImperiusDamian

July 26, 2024, 09:34:53 PM
In nomine Quake II et Id Software et Spiritus John Carmack, Amen.

QuakeDuke

July 26, 2024, 05:10:30 PM
Hey, shout, summertime blues
Jump up and down in you blue suede shoes
Hey, did you rock and roll? Rock on!!  ...QD

Yotematoi

July 24, 2024, 01:31:20 PM
Ayer me mato 5 veces para robarme en la vida real hará lo mismo? [img]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid0wXU2VgS7atesBcSoMz5BWMJCJajeZFVT6GzSU6TtpJGddN9kLTvWNgcZaskkbKFQl&amp;show_text=true&amp;width=500
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid0wXU2VgS7atesBcSoMz5BWMJCJajeZFVT6GzSU6TtpJGddN9kLTvWNgcZaskkbKFQl&show_text=true&width=500" width="500"

Yotematoi

July 24, 2024, 01:25:59 PM
hi ya está la basura de Martin, se cambió el nombre es un ladron estupido, asi llegó a 10000[img]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&amp;show_text
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&show_text

Yotematoi

July 24, 2024, 01:25:59 PM
hi ya está la basura de Martin, se cambió el nombre es un ladron estupido, asi llegó a 10000[img]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&amp;show_text
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&show_text

-Unh0ly-

July 05, 2024, 05:20:36 AM

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 05:43:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length