Author Topic: C/C++ programmers.. need some help.  (Read 20335 times)

Offline reaper

• Opulent Member
  • Nice night for a walk, eh? - Nice night for a walk
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
Re: C/C++ programmers.. need some help.
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2007, 06:36:29 PM »
you know networking and programming go hand in hand.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 06:50:02 PM by reaper »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Well-Reasoned Argument and/or Conclusion
    Demonstrates Exceptional Knowlege of the Game
    Appears Not to Comprehend Game Fundamentals
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Whoosh! You done missed the joke thar Cletus!
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Preposterously Irrational Arguments
    Blindingly Obvious Logical Fallacies
    Absurd Misconstrual of Scientific Principles or Evidence
    Amazing Conspiracy Theory Bro
    Racist Ignoramus
VaeVictus "reaper is a lying sack of shit and ragequit then had, probably slugs, come alias and beat me, wasnt even the same person playing OBVIOUSLY, accuracies basicly doubled, and strategy

Offline console

• Brobdingnagian Member
  • "Man, this is the way to travel," said my attorney
    • View Profile
    • tastyspleen.net
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2007, 06:40:07 PM »
See thats the problem.. I'm not a programmer and don't foresee myself as being a programmer, however this class is required for my degree for which I would like to pursue a career in networking, although I know programming is a part of everything generally computer related. [...] The reason I'm here the night before it's due is because the first week of the assignment it was midterms week, the following week after that was spring break in which I was away for that whole week.. so here I am :)

Haha, well OK -- thanks for the context, it helps me understand better what is going on...

I'd say you were on the right track as far as adding the .txt filter to the open/save dialogs.  Having seen the rest of the program now, I'd say you probably don't want to make separate Import/Export methods.  However, the way you had added the filter, your code was replacing the .xml, rather than adding .txt in addition to the .xml.  So you'll want to modify that code so that the dialog can allow the user to choose both .txt and .xml formats.

From there, you're going to need to look at the Load() and Save() methods, to make them handle both loading/saving .txt in addition to .xml.

Personally my approach would probably be to rename the current Load() and Save() methods to LoadXML() and SaveXML().  Then make new Load() and Save() methods which examine the filename passed in, looking at whether the filename ends in .txt or .xml.  If it ends in .xml, then call the LoadXML() or SaveXML() method.  Otherwise if it ends in .txt, call a new method LoadTXT() or SaveTXT(), which you will need to write.

BTW, feel free to post the compiler errors when you try to compile with VC 2005.  We can probably figure out why it's not finding the header files.

Regards,

quadz

• Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline [N]auTiCa

• View Profile
    • Extreme Online Gaming
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2007, 06:59:17 PM »
reaper.. yeah I'm aware networking and programming go hand in hand, I've done some network administration yrs back. For now I'm focusing on getting my certs and not having to worry about programming :)

I'd say you were on the right track as far as adding the .txt filter to the open/save dialogs.  Having seen the rest of the program now, I'd say you probably don't want to make separate Import/Export methods.  However, the way you had added the filter, your code was replacing the .xml, rather than adding .txt in addition to the .xml.  So you'll want to modify that code so that the dialog can allow the user to choose both .txt and .xml formats.

From there, you're going to need to look at the Load() and Save() methods, to make them handle both loading/saving .txt in addition to .xml.

Personally my approach would probably be to rename the current Load() and Save() methods to LoadXML() and SaveXML().  Then make new Load() and Save() methods which examine the filename passed in, looking at whether the filename ends in .txt or .xml.  If it ends in .xml, then call the LoadXML() or SaveXML() method.  Otherwise if it ends in .txt, call a new method LoadTXT() or SaveTXT(), which you will need to write.

BTW, feel free to post the compiler errors when you try to compile with VC 2005.  We can probably figure out why it's not finding the header files.

Ok.. I'm looking into the Load() and Save() methods right now trying to figure out how they work respectively. If i were to call a new method for which I have to write.. how much code are we looking at here? This better not take me long, I still have to type up the report to this lol.

also here are the errors.. I'm getting less errors now that I enabled MFC support, however it's still not finding afxwin.h

Code: [Select]
------ Build started: Project: Project, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Compiling...
Xml.cpp
c:\a_note_4_2_1_src\a note\source\stdafx.h(15) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'afxwin.h': No such file or directory
Translate.cpp
c:\a_note_4_2_1_src\a note\source\stdafx.h(15) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'afxwin.h': No such file or directory
SystemTray.cpp
StdAfx.cpp
Splash.cpp
SAPrefsSubDlg.cpp
SAPrefsStatic.cpp
SAPrefsDialog.cpp
RecycleBin.cpp
Picture.cpp
old_BtnST.cpp
NotePosition.cpp
Note.cpp
MainFrm.cpp
LayeredWindowHelperST.cpp
HyperLink.cpp
ErrorLog.cpp
DlgUseUserInformation.cpp
DlgUserInformation.cpp
DlgSnooze.cpp
Generating Code...
Compiling...
DlgSetTitle.cpp
DlgSetAlarm.cpp
DlgRecycleBinHelp.cpp
DlgRecycleBin.cpp
DlgOptionsTransparancy.cpp
DlgOptionsToolbar.cpp
DlgOptionsServer.cpp
DlgOptionsRecycleBin.cpp
DlgOptionsNewNote.cpp
DlgOptionsLooks.cpp
DlgOptionsLanguage.cpp
DlgOptionsHotKey.cpp
DlgOptionsGeneral.cpp
DlgOptionsFont.cpp
DlgOptionsDatabase.cpp
DlgOptionsCharset.cpp
DlgOptionsBehaviour.cpp
DlgOptionsAlarm.cpp
DlgLanguage.cpp
DlgGuide.cpp
Generating Code...
Compiling...
DlgDeleteInformation.cpp
DlgCreateNewLanguage.cpp
CMapi.cpp
ChildView.cpp
BtnST.cpp
BCMenu.cpp
Base64.cpp
Backup.cpp
AutoRichEditCtrl.cpp
A Note.cpp
Generating Code...
Build log was saved at "file://c:\A_Note_4_2_1_src\A Note\Source\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
Project - 50 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
Clan ^K][L^  co-leader! www.clankil.com
dC member! www.monsterkill.org

Offline console

• Brobdingnagian Member
    • View Profile
    • tastyspleen.net
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2007, 07:29:27 PM »
Ok.. I'm looking into the Load() and Save() methods right now trying to figure out how they work respectively. If i were to call a new method for which I have to write.. how much code are we looking at here? This better not take me long, I still have to type up the report to this lol.

Essentially, you'll need to make a "txt" equivalent to all the methods in Xml.cpp.  That's not literally true: what you'll need is to make up your own text format that has equivalent functionality.

For someone who is actually trying to learn programming, this is actually a pretty good assignment.  It means you need to understand the data structure you're trying to load and save, and you have to come up with your own text format to describe the data for one or more of these "notes" being saved & loaded.

In your case, where you're not interested in programming, I dunno what to tell you. :(  I don't see how you're going to pull this off without really taking time to understand the problem.

also here are the errors.. I'm getting less errors now that I enabled MFC support, however it's still not finding afxwin.h

First thing I'd suggest is to make sure "afxwin.h" is actually on your hard drive SOMEWHERE.

For me, it's at: C:\dev\vs.net-2003\Vc7\atlmfc\include\afxwin.h

Obviously it will be different for you, but the main thing is: do you have the file?  If so, we can figure out how to tell the compiler how to find it, too.

Regards,

quadz

• Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline [N]auTiCa

• View Profile
    • Extreme Online Gaming
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2007, 08:28:50 PM »
Well I don't have either the afxwin.h or windows.h files. I am downloading a supposed fix to this. It's a 400mb file and it's taking a while to d/l. It should be done in about 40 mins. I will apply the update and try to rebuild the program.

I guess I can't say I'm not interested in programming, it's just that I don't have time to commit to it right now, but I have no other choice because it's mandatory I finish this for my project.

I've been looking over xml.h and the different call methods and trying to understand them. I have a much better understanding of them than I did this morning. I will keep looking over code until this d/l completes. Once it's done, I'll let you know how it turns out.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline reaper

• Opulent Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2007, 09:19:09 PM »
okay, hopefully i'm wrong, but you may have run into some bad luck.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 09:26:31 PM by reaper »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
VaeVictus "reaper is a lying sack of shit and ragequit then had, probably slugs, come alias and beat me, wasnt even the same person playing OBVIOUSLY, accuracies basicly doubled, and strategy

Offline [N]auTiCa

• View Profile
    • Extreme Online Gaming
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2007, 09:26:04 PM »
I'm installing the platform SDK right now.. I do have VS 2005, the full version from school, but I had un-installed it and was going to try the express edition, but basically the same errors came up.

After I install the SDK, I'll try to see if it works.. if it doesn't I'll just go ahead and re-install the full version of VS 2005.

And yes the program seems simple enough to add the ability to display .txt in the drop down menu system, the problem  is compiling what I have to see if it's right. I'll find out once I get this addon up and running.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline console

• Brobdingnagian Member
    • View Profile
    • tastyspleen.net
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2007, 09:33:26 PM »
i think the program shouldn't require much altering,  the program creates xml files, which can be exported, and later imported (on any machine with anote) , and these xml files are interpreted by anote so thate "notes" are generated/saved.  good thing that xml is just a way to structure data, and very much like a .txt file. 

so all the code that converts the xml into notes should be able to stay the same, and you just have to add the ability to select a .txt file, and make sure that file is converted to the notes, and as far as i can tell, the only difference is the file extension.

Well... I hope you're right.  I considered mentioning earlier that an XML file is technically a "text file", but figured that might confuse the issue.

If this assignment really is as simple as just adding a ".txt" filter option to the file dialog, then I would say Nautica 'lucked out'.  In the real world a 'txt' exporter is not going to be the same format as a 'xml' exporter.  (It would be "incomprehensible." :D)

Regards,

:exqueezeme:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline [N]auTiCa

• View Profile
    • Extreme Online Gaming
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2007, 09:36:09 PM »
If this assignment really is as simple as just adding a ".txt" filter option to the file dialog, then I would say Nautica 'lucked out'.  In the real world a 'txt' exporter is not going to be the same format as a 'xml' exporter.  (It would be "incomprehensible." :D)

So does that mean what I have is somewhat correct?  :uhoh:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline console

• Brobdingnagian Member
    • View Profile
    • tastyspleen.net
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2007, 09:38:49 PM »
So does that mean what I have is somewhat correct?

I'm not sure how to guess.  It would be wrong if this were any kind of real-world assignment.  Do you have your instructor's actual words describing this assignment handy?

• Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline [N]auTiCa

• View Profile
    • Extreme Online Gaming
  • Rated:
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2007, 09:48:34 PM »
I'm not sure how to guess.  It would be wrong if this were any kind of real-world assignment.  Do you have your instructor's actual words describing this assignment handy?

Yeah.. here is the assignment, word for word.

----
Change request: This change requests consists of adding new import/export features to
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 09:53:03 PM by [N]auTiCa^K][L^ »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline console

• Brobdingnagian Member
    • View Profile
    • tastyspleen.net
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2007, 10:08:13 PM »
here is the assignment, word for word.
----
Change request: This change requests consists of adding new import/export features to
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline reaper

• Opulent Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2007, 10:18:09 PM »
yeah, i seen the error said "i" was undeclared or something, so i looked at the line number of the error, and "i" was there.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 10:23:58 PM by reaper »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline [N]auTiCa

• View Profile
    • Extreme Online Gaming
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2007, 10:27:36 PM »
What can I say... I mean I'll try my best to see what I can come up with. I doubt it will be right, but some credit is better than no credit.

I'll add /Zc:forScope and see what happens... and reaper.. yes I do need  :help: lol.

I think I'm going to finish typing up the report now and get back to the code a bit later.

I'm east coast and it's 1:30am.. damn where has the time gone??

btw.. I don't believe I have to write a whole new format for xml. All I have to do is modify the popup menu so the drop down contains .txt along with .xml thats it.

EDIT:

After enabling Zc:forScope my error has gone away and I now only have warnings, 19 to be exact and here is the log

Code: [Select]
Compiling...
MainFrm.cpp
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\atlbase.h(513) : warning C4996: '_vsnprintf' was declared deprecated
        c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\stdio.h(339) : see declaration of '_vsnprintf'
        Message: 'This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using _vsnprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE. See online help for details.'
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\atlbase.h(537) : warning C4996: '_vsnprintf' was declared deprecated
        c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\stdio.h(339) : see declaration of '_vsnprintf'
        Message: 'This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using _vsnprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE. See online help for details.'
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\atlbase.h(561) : warning C4996: '_vsnwprintf' was declared deprecated
        c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\stdio.h(450) : see declaration of '_vsnwprintf'
        Message: 'This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using _vsnwprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE. See online help for details.'
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\atlbase.h(584) : warning C4996: '_vsnwprintf' was declared deprecated
        c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\include\stdio.h(450) : see declaration of '_vsnwprintf'
        Message: 'This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider using _vsnwprintf_s instead. To disable deprecation, use _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE. See online help for details.'
c:\a_note_4_2_1_src\a note\source\mainfrm.cpp(802) : warning C4312: 'type cast' : conversion from 'UINT' to 'HMENU' of greater size
c:\a_note_4_2_1_src\a note\source\mainfrm.cpp(803) : warning C4312: 'type cast' : conversion from 'UINT' to 'HMENU' of greater size
c:\a_note_4_2_1_src\a note\source\mainfrm.cpp(887) : warning C4101: 'szFilter' : unreferenced local variable
c:\a_note_4_2_1_src\a note\source\mainfrm.cpp(917) : warning C4101: 'szFilter' : unreferenced local variable
c:\a_note_4_2_1_src\a note\source\mainfrm.cpp(1362) : warning C4800: 'CNote *' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)
c:\a_note_4_2_1_src\a note\source\mainfrm.cpp(2104) : warning C4800: 'BOOL' : forcing value to bool 'true' or 'false' (performance warning)
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\afxtempl.h(566) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'const INT_PTR' to 'int', possible loss of data
        c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\afxtempl.h(563) : while compiling class template member function 'void CArray<TYPE,ARG_TYPE>::Dump(CDumpContext &) const'
        with
        [
            TYPE=HICON,
            ARG_TYPE=HICON
        ]
        c:\a_note_4_2_1_src\a note\source\systemtray.h(154) : see reference to class template instantiation 'CArray<TYPE,ARG_TYPE>' being compiled
        with
        [
            TYPE=HICON,
            ARG_TYPE=HICON
        ]
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\afxtempl.h(566) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'const INT_PTR' to 'int', possible loss of data
        c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\afxtempl.h(563) : while compiling class template member function 'void CArray<TYPE,ARG_TYPE>::Dump(CDumpContext &) const'
        with
        [
            TYPE=int,
            ARG_TYPE=int &
        ]
        c:\a_note_4_2_1_src\a note\source\bcmenu.h(278) : see reference to class template instantiation 'CArray<TYPE,ARG_TYPE>' being compiled
        with
        [
            TYPE=int,
            ARG_TYPE=int &
        ]
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\afxtempl.h(1105) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'const INT_PTR' to 'int', possible loss of data
        c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\afxtempl.h(1102) : while compiling class template member function 'void CList<TYPE,ARG_TYPE>::Dump(CDumpContext &) const'
        with
        [
            TYPE=CMainFrame::tagCString,
            ARG_TYPE=CMainFrame::tagCString &
        ]
        c:\a_note_4_2_1_src\a note\source\mainfrm.h(58) : see reference to class template instantiation 'CList<TYPE,ARG_TYPE>' being compiled
        with
        [
            TYPE=CMainFrame::tagCString,
            ARG_TYPE=CMainFrame::tagCString &
        ]
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\afxtempl.h(1105) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'const INT_PTR' to 'int', possible loss of data
        c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\afxtempl.h(1102) : while compiling class template member function 'void CList<TYPE,ARG_TYPE>::Dump(CDumpContext &) const'
        with
        [
            TYPE=void *,
            ARG_TYPE=void *
        ]
        c:\a_note_4_2_1_src\a note\source\mainfrm.h(124) : see reference to class template instantiation 'CList<TYPE,ARG_TYPE>' being compiled
        with
        [
            TYPE=void *,
            ARG_TYPE=void *
        ]
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\afxtempl.h(1518) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'const INT_PTR' to 'int', possible loss of data
        c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\platformsdk\include\afxtempl.h(1515) : while compiling class template member function 'void CMap<KEY,ARG_KEY,VALUE,ARG_VALUE>::Dump(CDumpContext &) const'
        with
        [
            KEY=CSAPrefsSubDlg *,
            ARG_KEY=CSAPrefsSubDlg *,
            VALUE=DWORD,
            ARG_VALUE=DWORD &
        ]
        c:\a_note_4_2_1_src\a note\source\saprefsdialog.h(143) : see reference to class template instantiation 'CMap<KEY,ARG_KEY,VALUE,ARG_VALUE>' being compiled
        with
        [
            KEY=CSAPrefsSubDlg *,
            ARG_KEY=CSAPrefsSubDlg *,
            VALUE=DWORD,
            ARG_VALUE=DWORD &
        ]
        with
        [
            TYPE=CDlgRecycleBin::tagCString,
            ARG_TYPE=CDlgRecycleBin::tagCString &
        ]
        c:\a_note_4_2_1_src\a note\source\dlgrecyclebin.h(55) : see reference to class template instantiation 'CList<TYPE,ARG_TYPE>' being compiled
        with
        [
            TYPE=CDlgRecycleBin::tagCString,
            ARG_TYPE=CDlgRecycleBin::tagCString &
        ]
        with
        [
            TYPE=tagNote,
            ARG_TYPE=tagNote &
        ]
        c:\a_note_4_2_1_src\a note\source\dlgrecyclebin.h(56) : see reference to class template instantiation 'CList<TYPE,ARG_TYPE>' being compiled
        with
        [
            TYPE=tagNote,
            ARG_TYPE=tagNote &
        ]
        with
        [
            TYPE=CRecycleBin::tagCString,
            ARG_TYPE=CRecycleBin::tagCString &
        ]
        c:\a_note_4_2_1_src\a note\source\recyclebin.h(35) : see reference to class template instantiation 'CList<TYPE,ARG_TYPE>' being compiled
        with
        [
            TYPE=CRecycleBin::tagCString,
            ARG_TYPE=CRecycleBin::tagCString &
        ]
        with
        [
            TYPE=CMapiRecipient,
            ARG_TYPE=CMapiRecipient &
        ]
        c:\a_note_4_2_1_src\a note\source\cmapi.h(64) : see reference to class template instantiation 'CArray<TYPE,ARG_TYPE>' being compiled
        with
        [
            TYPE=CMapiRecipient,
            ARG_TYPE=CMapiRecipient &
        ]
Build log was saved at "file://c:\A_Note_4_2_1_src\A Note\Source\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
Project1 - 0 error(s), 19 warning(s)
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 10:32:39 PM by [N]auTiCa^K][L^ »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline console

• Brobdingnagian Member
    • View Profile
    • tastyspleen.net
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2007, 10:34:19 PM »
it didn't make much sense to me that the project would be that easy, but the functionality of the project doesnt make much sense to me either.  only anote creates, and displays the files, so i'm not sure why you are changing the format (maybe other than to learn something)  or in this case pretty much pass the class : )

In the literal view, yes: why add a new import/export format when only this program creates/reads its own files?  You're right, from that standpoint it's fairly pointless.

But I would still argue that it's a good "real-world" assignment.  Programs like WinAmp read playlists in multiple formats.  Programs like Excel save out spreadsheets in multiple formats (comma-separated .txt, tab-separated .txt, etc.)  The program I write for my employer saves in both XML and TXT formats, among others.  It's pretty common to have to add data importer/exporter features to programs in multiple formats.

that's pretty weird, because it doesn't specifiy how much of the structure to change, i'd say get rid of xml formatting..

Well, it says "simple format for TXT".  XML is hierarchical by nature.  If you just "get rid of xml formatting" you'll end up with no structure defining the hierarchical data.  (Hint: IT WOULD BE INCOMPREHENSIBLE!!! :D)

A simple TXT format will probably have no hierarchy.  More like a .INI file.  Something to indicate the start of a "note" then a bunch of fields... and so on for each subsequent note...

Regards,

quadz

« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 10:41:02 PM by console »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

El Box de Shoutamente

Last 10 Shouts:

RyU

September 03, 2024, 05:15:49 PM
And wow Derrick is still playing lol

RyU

September 03, 2024, 05:15:15 PM
Just know yesterday is gone and soon tomorrow will be gone too  :)

Lejionator

August 08, 2024, 07:28:01 PM
It's tiem to QuakeCon!!!  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThQd_UJaTys

ImperiusDamian

July 26, 2024, 09:34:53 PM
In nomine Quake II et Id Software et Spiritus John Carmack, Amen.

QuakeDuke

July 26, 2024, 05:10:30 PM
Hey, shout, summertime blues
Jump up and down in you blue suede shoes
Hey, did you rock and roll? Rock on!!  ...QD

Yotematoi

July 24, 2024, 01:31:20 PM
Ayer me mato 5 veces para robarme en la vida real hará lo mismo? [img]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid0wXU2VgS7atesBcSoMz5BWMJCJajeZFVT6GzSU6TtpJGddN9kLTvWNgcZaskkbKFQl&amp;show_text=true&amp;width=500
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid0wXU2VgS7atesBcSoMz5BWMJCJajeZFVT6GzSU6TtpJGddN9kLTvWNgcZaskkbKFQl&show_text=true&width=500" width="500"

Yotematoi

July 24, 2024, 01:25:59 PM
hi ya está la basura de Martin, se cambió el nombre es un ladron estupido, asi llegó a 10000[img]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&amp;show_text
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&show_text

Yotematoi

July 24, 2024, 01:25:59 PM
hi ya está la basura de Martin, se cambió el nombre es un ladron estupido, asi llegó a 10000[img]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&amp;show_text
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&show_text

-Unh0ly-

July 05, 2024, 05:20:36 AM

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 07:54:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length