Author Topic: Whatcha watchin'/streamin'...  (Read 8642 times)

Offline |iR|Focalor

• Irrepressibly Profuse Member
  • Help Destroy America: VOTE DEMOCRAT
    • View Profile
    • Focalor's Horrible Website: We Rape You Til The Room Stinks
  • Rated:
Re: Whatcha watchin'/streamin'...
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2022, 06:20:22 PM »
Right now they have all 5 or 6 of the Resident Evil movies on Tubi, which is a free streaming app, totally free - (insert offensive chinese accent here) you no pay no moneys, white man.

Wouldn't...uh... recommend it though. Ya see, I add shit like this to my "to watch" list on there late at night when I'm about to fall asleep and I'm not thinking too clearly about how much things like Resident Evil movies fucking SUUUUUUUUUCK. And then I start watching the first one, and maybe the second one, and then I feel somehow obligated to soldier on through the rest of the awful anthology,... much like I did with a series of shitty Don "The Dragon" Wilson movies a year or two ago (can't even remember the name of them now, American Kickboxer 1-7 or something maybe, barf, it was so bad).

I remember that I saw the first Resident Evil movie in the theater when it came out back in 2002 I guess it was. Back then, I was going to the movies probably once or twice a week with my then girlfriend. And the first one wasn't absolutely horrible. It wasn't good either. But I swear man, I don't understand how they made 6 of these fuckin' things. They're so bad, much like EVERY movie that was based on a video game. Even the Max Payne movie that had the star power of Mark Wahlberg in it... wasn't enough to make that movie worth watching more than once.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Well-Reasoned Argument and/or Conclusion
    Demonstrates Exceptional Knowlege of the Game
    Appears Not to Comprehend Game Fundamentals
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Whoosh! You done missed the joke thar Cletus!
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Preposterously Irrational Arguments
    Blindingly Obvious Logical Fallacies
    Absurd Misconstrual of Scientific Principles or Evidence
    Amazing Conspiracy Theory Bro
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2023, 02:53:37 PM »
Some quotes from various Tastyspleeners about Bill Cosby from before the fall...

From Jagermonsta:
A word to the wise ain't necessary, it's the stupid ones who need the advice. - Bill Cosby

From Reaper (referencing the standup comedy movie Bill Cosby Himself, 1983)
bill cosby on dentists was really good.  ...

From PeeWee who I remember used to say he was a fan of Bill Cosby (also referencing Bill Cosby Himself, 1983)
"I brought you into this damn world, and I can take you out."  :dohdohdoh:

"...and I can make another one that looks just like you"

You're dad was Bill Cosby?  :rockon:

Okay... Bill Cosby.

Obviously I don't condone the actions of a person who drugs people and then has sex with them while they are unconscious. And apparently PLENTY of women came forward to make such similar accusations against him. Did he do it? If I'm being honest, I don't really know. However, I do know that several people have been unfairly accused and unfairly treated by the "MeToo" movement. It was 60 women who said he assaulted them. Sounds bad. So on one hand... part of me wonders how in the hell such a thing could happen SIXTY TIMES and stay under the radar. But at the same time, on the other hand, there ARE 60 accusers - that seems like too many to not be true.

Wikipedia as of today says:
Quote from: Wikipedia
In 2018, he was convicted of aggravated indecent assault against Andrea Constand. He was imprisoned until the conviction was vacated in June 2021 by the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, for violations of Cosby's 5th Amendment and 14th Amendment due process rights.

Personally, my verdict?

Eh, I dunno. The law did him kinda dirty, and the Pennsylvania Supreme Court acknowledges that. Then again... there's a good possibility he's a fucking deviant rapist piece of shit.

All I DO know is that regardless of what the man did or didn't do, Bill Cosby Himself was and still is (in my opinion) one of the best standup comedy films/specials of all time. My parents taped it off of HBO back in the 80's and I used to watch that tape a lot. It was family friendly and funny, and with all the stuff about drunks and dentists and raising children, it still stands as relevant humor after 40 years.

Last time I had seen it was sometime back in the 90's. Downloaded it from youtube and watched it. Laughed my ass off!

No thanks to Youtubes blatant disregard for copyright laws and Bill Cosby's rights as a person after he becomes a prime target of the virtue signaling and MeToo movements... Bill Cosby Himself was easily available on Youtube for free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymUYO4T_ZjQ

On one hand, it's shitty that Youtube seems to NOT GIVE A SHIT that they're complicit in the distribution (for the last 8 years according to the date of the video upload) of copyrighted material they haven't paid to license at all.

On the other hand, I'm glad this is on Youtube and Bill Cosby is not so blacklisted that they try to scrub every memory of him from history. No matter what Bill Cosby did, it doesn't negate the fact that he made one of the greatest standup specials of all time. Most comedians watched it and it greatly influenced them to want to become a comedian. But few of them are still willing to give him credit for it. Yeah well... OJ Simpson slaughtered two people. That fact doesn't delete the OTHER fact that he was one of the greatest runningbacks in NFL history.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2023, 02:20:31 AM »
October is horror movie marathon month for me. I've downloaded probably 60 or more movies to watch. I won't list them all but here's some of them:
  • Blood Diner (1987) a cheesy 80's horror/comedy, somewhat of a cult classic now
  • Brides of Dracula (1960) starring Peter Cushing
  • The Changeling (1980)  starring George C Scott
  • Curse of Frankenstein (1957) starring Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee
  • Dawn of the Dead (1978) a George Romero zombie classic, they did a great remake in 2004 with Sarah Polley and Ving Rhames
  • The Dead Zone (1983) starring Christopher Walken, based on a Stephen King book
  • Dracula AD 1972 (1972) starring Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing
  • Dracula: Prince of Darkness (1966) starring Christopher Lee (dude was in a lotta Dracula movies, lol)
  • Dracula's Daughter (1936) starring... no one noteworthy really. Supposed to be the sequel to Dracula (1931) with Bela Lugosi.
  • The Dunwich Horror (1970) starring Sandra Dee and Dean Stockwell, based on the HP Lovecraft short story
  • The Fall of the House of Usher (1960) starring Vincent Price
  • Girls School Screamers (1986) a cheesy 80's Troma slasher/horror film
  • Hollywood Chainsaw Hookers (1988) cheesy slasher/comedy with B-movie scream queens Linnea Quigley and Michelle Bauer
  • House of Dracula (1945) starring Lon Cheney Jr as Wolfman and John Carradine as Dracula
  • House on Haunted Hill (1959) starring Vincent Price
  • The House That Screamed (1969) some old Spanish-made English dialogue slasher film, 60's drive-in horror movie
  • Housebound (2014) some kinda horror/comedy movie, I saw that Quadz recommended it once, figured I'd give it a whirl.
  • Motel Hell (1980) another cheesy 80's horror/comedy
  • Night of the Comet (1984) cult classic 80's sci-fi/horror/zombie apocalypse flick that takes place mostly in a mall
  • Phantom of the Opera (1925) famous silent film starring Lon Cheney Sr.
  • The Plague of the Zombies (1966) Brit-made 60's Hammer film. Around '66 was shown at theaters as a double-feature along with Dracula: Prince of Darkness (mentioned earlier).
  • Psycho (1960) classic thriller/horror about a weird guy who runs an out of the way motel, one of Alfred Hitchcock's greatest movies.
  • The Satanic Rites of Dracula (1973) yet another Dracula movie with Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing
  • The Shining (1980) psychological thriller/horror starring Jack Nicholson, based on a Stephen King book, directed by Stanley Kubrick.
  • Taste the Blood of Dracula (1970) yes, another Dracula movie with Christopher Lee.
  • The Thing (1982) sci-fi/horror about a strange extra-terrestrial life form that kills them one by one at an Antarctica science lab. Starring Kurt Russell and Keith David, directed by John Carpenter.
  • The Undertaker (1988) obscure slasher film, was unreleased until 2010, starring Joe Spinell (best known for playing Corleone hitman Willi Cicci in the Godfather and Godfather II)
  • Vampyr (1932) old black & white 1930's German-made vampire movie... if you couldn't tell from the title. No idea what it's about, will be the first time I've ever seen it. Watch it here.
  • Waxwork (1988) Never seen it before, something about a wax museum, starring Zach Galligan (best known for playing Billy in Gremlins), directed by Anthony Hickox (also directed Hellraiser III and Warlock 2: Armageddon)

Currently re-watching the "new" Halloween trilogy:
Halloween (2018),
Halloween Kills (2021),
Halloween Ends (2022).

I've seen the first 2 before. This will be the first time watching Halloween Ends - didn't get a chance to see it last year. I'm not too crazy about the first two new Halloween movies. They're brutal enough, they have plenty of blood and stuff. They just feel kinda weird. I don't think Blumhouse was the right company to do it. All their previous stuff has been a bunch of hokey friday-night teenage date movie bullshit.

Halloween Kills - And spoiler alert here maybe but (not that it's hard to guess what happens in this movie)... I'd give it an 8 out of 10 just because Michael kills the fuck out of EVERYBODY by the end of it, and it's nice to see the bad guy win in glorious gory fashion when the other characters are stupid hokey Blumhouse style characters. :D But to seriously rate it as a slasher film on the basis of it's individual merits? Eh, maybe more like a 5 - nothing special about it at all.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2023, 01:52:56 AM »
Curse of Frankenstein (1957) starring Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee

Was watching this earlier tonight. I'm perplexed as to how in the hell they managed to shoot this particular scene where Baron Frankenstein murders his houseguest by pushing him through a broken rail. I can't tell if it's a stand-in stuntman who lands on the floor below, but it shows most of his face. Regardless, the guy falls in a dive pretty much directly onto the TOP OF HIS HEAD, which would've turned his head sideways very sharply risking breaking his neck. This was 1957, there was no CGI or wires, some guy actually took the fall. Dunno how they did it, but damn, it's pretty brutal. Certainly makes the scene more shocking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz95zAuY5OU

found this:

https://www.spookyisles.com/curse-of-frankenstein-facts/

7.) No pain, no brain…

The stunt double for Professor Bernstein was mildly injured during the scene in which Frankenstein pushes him over the balcony so that he can kill him and steal his brain. The stunt was rigged so that the stunt double would land on a padded area, which he did… except for his head, which hit the floor.

Now that I watch it again, I notice the floor warping from the padding underneath the covering when he hits. :D
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline QwazyWabbit

• Carpal Tunnel Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2023, 05:52:12 AM »
It looks like he under-rotated. The stuntman was probably supposed to land on his back but didn't dive with enough momentum to rotate him through the the 270 degrees needed. Gives taking a header a whole new meaning. Lots of stunt people were injured doing these kinds of things. It was probably the one and only take.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2023, 09:11:53 PM »
Watched Poltergeist 1 and 2 earlier this week. Didn't watch the 3rd one. I don't really like the 3rd one - the plot and premise doesn't fit as well with the other 2.

Poltergeist 2 is one of my favorite horror movies. It was rated PG-13, so I got to watch it on HBO a lot during the day in the late 80's and early 90's (HBO kept their family appeal because they wouldn't start playing any rated R movies until after 8pm or 9pm). It used to scare the crap out of me when I was 7 or 8 though. The scene where the sons braces start growing out of his face and suspends him from the ceiling. The part where the dad swallows the agave worm in the tequila bottle, then throws it up as a giant pulsating boogary looking demon worm with Reverend Kane's face.

And then there's Reverend Kane himself, played by the late Julian Beck. Dude was creepy as hell looking. Turns out part of what made him look so creepy and skeleton like was the fact that he was literally sickly when they were filming. He was suffering from late stage stomach cancer as they were filming in May of 1985. He ended up dying of cancer 4 months later in September 1985, before the movie was even released in May of 1986.

My favorite scene from the movie, Reverend Kane appears at the front door of grandma Freeling's house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EhwcUzVH4U
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2023, 09:03:25 AM »
Anybody seen the 2022 Rob Zombie Munsters movie yet?

I downloaded it several weeks ago thinking I'd watch it. I've heard nothing but bad reviews about it. The longer I sat there looking at the file in the folder, the more skeptical of it I became. I did a brief skim through of a few scenes and from what I saw... it looked to be just like everyone's been saying: a pile of pointlessness. Think I'll probably skip this one and just delete it... which is sad, because I've seen some truly awful garbage this year that I didn't skip/delete and should've!

Just wondering if anyone's seen it all the way through. Opinions and critiques? Recommend, yea or nay?
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

El Box de Shoutamente

Last 10 Shouts:

|iR|Focalor

April 24, 2024, 10:55:53 AM
omlette du fromage?

Admin

April 24, 2024, 07:08:22 AM
fin.

|iR|Focalor

April 22, 2024, 04:27:07 PM
Now it's over. Because I say it's over.

|iR|Focalor

April 22, 2024, 12:39:29 PM
It's over when I say it's over.

|iR|Focalor

April 22, 2024, 11:34:16 AM
Costigan needs a tampon.

Costigan_Q2

April 22, 2024, 02:53:12 AM
This interaction is over.

Costigan_Q2

April 22, 2024, 02:51:20 AM
Will someone please muzzle and leash that barking dog? it's projections and delusions and now endless babbling are comically pitiable, just treat it like you would Beaver - that's what it deserves.

Costigan_Q2

April 22, 2024, 02:50:50 AM
Quake 2 needs a public square.

This is not a debate.

|iR|Focalor

April 21, 2024, 05:36:24 PM
If you were attached to reality, you'd realize that.

Quake 2 needs a private bathroom.

|iR|Focalor

April 21, 2024, 05:34:35 PM
I've never doxed anyone like he did or sent them 1000's of annoying whiny angry messages in all caps like you.

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:51:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length