Author Topic: GET RID OF THAT IDIOT NOW, MR. CONSOLE  (Read 15134 times)

Offline Squonkamatic

• View Profile
  • Rated:
GET RID OF THAT IDIOT NOW, MR. CONSOLE
« on: May 11, 2006, 01:23:35 AM »
This is my 2nd ever post, and we all know whom I mean. 200+ ping, claims to be on a dialup connection, NONSTOP YAMMERING SPAM BULLSHIT SMACK TALKING IDIOT.

FACT: This one player is single handedly bringing this server down. I have invited a bunch of friends/colleagues to play and none of them will be back because of "Diseased Pussy", "Monkey Spanker", "Bush Lies" or any of the other revealingly pathetic names this individual uses.

OPINION: This person is not interested in playing Quake, and certainly cares not if anyone else has fun. Quite the opposite: This wanker is a FUN WRECKER who is *USING* the hard work the admins have done in setting up the Tastyspleen servers as a way to make other people feel miserable & have a lousy time so that his shit-worthless pathetic excuse for a life doesn't seem so transparently not worth living.

HYPOTHESIS: The person is using a dialup connection or spoofing one so that their IP address is not static, meaning they cannot be banned from the server. EVER. Though it is odd that for a person with a 200+ ping you see absolutely no effects of latency on their play. I did troubleshooting on latency in Macintosh platoform net games for Macplay & Ritual Ent. and a 200+ pinger player should be skipping all over the place, unable to get a shot off and twice as hard to target. NOT THIS ASSHOLE, but he is apparently free to join the server and shit on everybody else there to his heart's content.

I have had enough of it and feel than many loyal fans of the Tastyspleen servers feel likewise. THERE ARE WAYS TO REJECT A CLIENT FROM BEING ABLE TO CONNECT A QUAKE2/UNIX SERVER BASED ON COMPUTER NAME, and I know people who could help the admins set it up, or at least encourage them to look into doing it themselves because this one loser is about to kill what little interest there is left in Quake2 all by themselves, and they don't even apparently enjoy playing the game.

It's some kind of control issue: Program the server to run certain maps with certain play combinations of infinite ammo, no weapons, no fall damage, etc, then work out a little lamer's tactic and PRESTO!! Nobody gets to play, only one worthless ratfucking idiot gets to control how the server (or at least the particular game they are connected to) is being used. Then, bombard anyone connected with a nonstop stream of filth, obscenities, idiotic alpha male posturing, refernces to masturbation and female reporoductive cycles and you guys yourselves may be nailing the coffin lid shut on Quake2 just by allowing the worthless son of a bitch to have a place to go try and make people miserable.

I'm not joining another game with the prick connected, if he connects and I am there good bye, I will be encouraging others to likewise either avoid the server, use one of the variant game channels or just fucking get on with our lives. I care not what anybody thinks of me or my opinion about this rat fucking bastard but I want him out of my face for good even if that means I don't come back anymore -- which would be too bad. I have almost finished re-working a 12 level map pack for Q2 that I never released & had looked forward to maybe seeing if we could run some of them here.

BUT NOT WITH THAT CAN OF SHIT IN THE HOUSE. I'll burn them to CD and leave them to my grandkids before I waste one more minute in a game with a person who obviously does not deserve any consideration at all, and again, everyone knows god damn well whom I refer to.

Goodnight.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Well-Reasoned Argument and/or Conclusion
    Demonstrates Exceptional Knowlege of the Game
    Appears Not to Comprehend Game Fundamentals
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Whoosh! You done missed the joke thar Cletus!
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Preposterously Irrational Arguments
    Blindingly Obvious Logical Fallacies
    Absurd Misconstrual of Scientific Principles or Evidence
    Amazing Conspiracy Theory Bro
    Racist Ignoramus

adrenal1ne

Re: GET RID OF THAT IDIOT NOW, MR. CONSOLE
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 01:33:41 AM »
damn..this dude sounds pissed..i've seen that fellows name on ts-live..i'd agree with him being banned. :ban:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline [TC]Granny

• Carpal Tunnel Member
  • who wants some?
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 01:38:33 AM »
well he can get in line, bann hang,naym,ditzu and detector first.  :busted: 

• Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
That -1 was intentional suicide before i gave up. to bad u wouldnt rematch.

[quote author=GYN link=topic=2995.

Offline ToxicMonkey^MZC

• Proud to be a SCRUB
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 04:46:29 AM »
You leave the server then you let him win, Squonk.  I advise you to ignore him, be an adult, be better than him.  I know from long experience of shit-talking on TS servers that if I get no response then I just give up with the aggravating comments.

You've fallen exactly into his trap and allowed yourself to get really upset about this issue.  Basically he's beaten you.

Hah!
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

adrenal1ne

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 05:38:20 AM »
 :lolsign: don't let him cyber bully you.. ;) http://www.cyberbully.org/  :bananaw00t:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline [BTF]adam

• Brobdingnagian Member
    • View Profile
    • adam.tastyspleen.net
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 07:29:34 AM »
You leave the server then you let him win, Squonk.  I advise you to ignore him, be an adult, be better than him.  I know from long experience of shit-talking on TS servers that if I get no response then I just give up with the aggravating comments.

You've fallen exactly into his trap and allowed yourself to get really upset about this issue.  Basically he's beaten you.

Hah!

<3
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

BigwigKEA

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 07:52:38 AM »
Yeah instead of leaving the game you should instead wait for toxicmonkey to connect and kill him repeatedly with chain and funny comments will appear.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 11:48:39 AM by Bigwig~ »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline console

• Brobdingnagian Member
  • "Man, this is the way to travel," said my attorney
    • View Profile
    • tastyspleen.net
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 10:58:43 AM »
If I had an IP-based mute, I'd use it...

We do have the capability to ban this guy, but, I would prefer to just mute him.

If I have time, I'll code the IP-based mute ...

Regards,

:WTF:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline Squonkamatic

• View Profile
  • Rated:
THANK YOU, MR. CONSOLE!!
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 01:09:05 PM »
Hi guys & gals, thanks for your suggestions, and Console I genuinely do appreciate your attention. If leaving the server means this maggot "wins" then Iran is beating us because we simply don't bomb them into the stone age. I leave because I cannot tolerate the beeping sound of the constant spam messages -- they annoy the cat, awaken the girlfriend, piss off the upstairs neighbors, make my liver twitch, and emphasize how this player is completely beyond the controls of the admins to put a muzzle on his fucking mouth. Which I agree with Console will do, I guess: He doesn't need to be "banned", just SILENCED.

I did get a nice message from an admin suggesting playing on other servers instead, which isn't going to happen because I HATE MODS. I like Quake2, the Vanilla server is the closest approximation to why I still have the game installed. But I do appreciate the gesture and actually did think of a couple solutions that could help.

The first is modifying the "MyMap" command: certain levels need to be removed from choice options, or at least severley limited to how often they can be chosen for rotation: Lab and City1 would be the two I would start with, maybe Fact3 and the DM levels also. Arguments for would be noting that there is already an entire server just for City1 and DM levels that NOBODY EVER USES, and doing so might compel those who only want to see those levels to give your hard work at setting them up a try. OR, you could increase the duration between choices of levels from 15 mins to 30 mins -- the user in question has it TIMED, guys & gals, so that he knows every fifteen minutes he can repeat his lamer combo pack choices. I don't advocate removing the MyMap command, just limiting how often it can be used to repeat the same fucking six or seven levels over and over and over again, which is EXCACTLY WHAT WE ARE SEEING. I repeat again that this is all about alpha male control issues and if you remove the idiot's ability to control the game without needing to be especially good at playing it then he won't stay connected. He isn't even there to play he is there to be a bully, and if you remove his ability to do so he will leave, problem solved and back to the lower mines (Mine4) for the rest of us.

The second suggestion is a Chat Mute command that allows players to opt to not see chat macros after connecting. Once I thought about it & discussed with the better half (the explosions and gunfire don't cause any problems, just the beep of a chat message) it is indeed the constant chiriping of the chat sound that really makes my toes curl. I know it's not practical to eliminate the sound (thought it can be replaced locally and I am looking into that for the sake of my own sanity) but perhaps it's effect can be muted. That also raises the idea of allowing players to selectively "Ignore" other clients so their macros simply are not displayed and no chirping disturbs the kitty. Sexy Sadie does not like the chirping, she thinks its birdies in the house and gets all rousted up & knocks over the plants. She also doesn't like the whine of a hyperblaster on unlimited ammo either.

The third suggestion would be a vote/kick option where if a client is genuinely annoying more than X number of players he can be "kicked" for an arbitrary period of time -- this is kind of a "gay" choice but jesus christ if even the admins are agreeing that the bastard is a jerk then COME ON, give the players the option of not having to deal with his miserable, worthless, unredeemable, pathetic, ignorant, addle-brained, retarded, cucumber-fucking and wholly evil presence. The guy deserves absolutely no regard or social consideration and any steps to lessen his ability to ruin the fun on your servers would be appreciated.

The fourth suggestion is a macros bind kick that would remove a player and block their return for an arbitrary amout of time (10 mins?) for repeating the same stupid motherfucking chat macros more than say 12 times in a 60 second period. I use binds also and enjoy having single-key conversations with people as much as the next brain surgeon but there has to be a limit on what kind of behavior is considered acceptable -- Not just the content of the binds, but how often they are being spewed.

I mean look, I work hard at my job, 14 - 16hrs a day, and all I want is a place where I can game for about an hour in the evening without having epileptic fits triggered by the constant beeping and having to look at chat binds repeated over and over and over again that even the guys who clean the bathrooms at Penn Station would be shocked by. If that is all that the game has boiled down to then I'll have to live with it or move on, but at least we are in agreement about one thing:

THE GUY IS A FUCKING LOSER, has some kind of a fucking problem and is using your nice game servers as a way to inflict his misery on the rest of the world. Solution 5 would be tracking his location & sending along a .357 magnum with one bullet and instructions on how to load the pistol and blow his fucking brains out with it & do the rest of us a fucking favor. But I am above stuff like that and have wasted enough time on this already. Thanks again for getting back to me Admins, I will re-install SiN and look into DOOM 3 which has sat here ignored for long enough anyway, and maybe find some other time periods to play on the server other than 1am - 5am Eastern, which is apparently when this creep gets home from his job at Taco Bell and needs to vent his frustration over having such a shitty, pathetic and miserable life with no friends, no rewarding purpose in life and a big fat muffiny chair shaped ass the sight of which bared would instantly trigger menopause within a 20 year old sorority chick drunk on Bud Lite. And THAT takes some doing.

The guy is a loser, he is bringing down your nice servers and they are the last bastion of hope for people who enjoy playing Quake2. Sometimes the good of the many outweigh the needs of the individual and I say this guy doesn't deserve one shred of consideration, especially if he is making you (the admins) look like a bunch of chumps for tolerating it. DON'T, and I won't be cyber-bullied either, though it is somewhat depressing to know that for 45 mins or so every other day it will be necessary to regress back to the age of 11.

See you!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 01:37:39 PM by Squonkamatic »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline daelmun

• Swanky Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2006, 01:19:53 PM »
Yikes, a long post. :D

r1q2 (if you use that client) has a nifty /ignore feature that allows you to ignore any text starting with whatever you type after: "ignore annoyinglittlefella" for instance.

Also, think you can just remove the talk.wav in the baseq2/sound/misc folder to get rid of the at time annoying beeping sound :)

Well, good luck anyway!
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
<spiderpwnt> sax changed isp's
<spiderpwnt> and they deleted hsi old webspace
<|D|daelmun> :D!
<|D|daelmun> it's ok <|D|daelmun> i still got the one part of the site that is worth having <spid

Offline Squonkamatic

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006, 01:43:06 PM »

Also, think you can just remove the talk.wav in the baseq2/sound/misc folder to get rid of the at time annoying beeping sound :)

I post like once every four years & had a lot to say. The solution I came up with for the sounds was to record a second of silence & name it talk.wav and placed it into a folder called 'misc' in the baseq2/sounds override folder which can then be removed when not needed -- I.E. when actual human beings are connected to the server.

That still does not address the core issue though that this guy is a pathetic, miserable troll who should be warned to cease the behavior and if not, banned. Period.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 01:46:25 PM by Squonkamatic »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline haunted

• Irrepressibly Profuse Member
  • I am hollywood.
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2006, 02:34:58 PM »
shit talking is a common thing. haunted recommends that you talk shit back or just /ignore him. seriously, just focus more on owning him in the game than his words e-verbally-abusing you. If he still manages to bother you haunted will take care of this matter.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline Om3ga

• Opulent Member
  • such society do exist.
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2006, 03:05:46 PM »
deal with it.

people talk shit to me alot, some i ignore, some i just play with.

dont be a newb.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
Dallas/Fort Worth, here i cum.

Offline PANTONE 7717C

• Swanky Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2006, 05:09:39 PM »
Tell me, how does one ignore some lame mymap vote?

Chief, I absolutely agree with Squonkamatic, please mute that asswipe or simply ban him a couple of times (maybe he will get tired of reconnecting his dialup...). I hate the kind of policy of just ignoring things esp. on a game server. People who say it's not that bad and that you should just ignore it haven't met him on the server or don't play much on vanilla when he's on.
He doesn't give a rat's ass if you easily beat him or that he's ignored, and his shittalk isn't directed towards one person in particular.
The 'mine's bigger than yours'-shittalking on tourney servers (where you have much more control with OSP) is different from what this guy's doing. Imagine the tourney servers without the kick-voting. I bet that if I connect to tourney and start bugging all of you with non-stop bullshit, mess around with teamlocking and (if possible) try to annoy you with irreversible mymap votes so that you all have to sit through 10 minutes of blaster fights, you would come here and ask console to ban me. Hell, the tourney crowd even gets all worked up if people are speccing, so please don't act as if we are overreacting here.
Nine out of ten times if I get pissed on vanilla this asswipe is involved. But instead of disconnecting I start bugging him the same way he's bugging us, but then there's even more spamming so that's not a solution. He always deliberately votes stupid settings like -ws -a -h +ia when there are 20+ people connected. (I sometimes try to beat him to it and quickly vote a map with normal settings...:/)
He keeps spamming his sad binds (just like crusty) and then says he's doing it just to get a reaction. I'm not the person to get easily upset but if you really want to see me get ugly all you'd have to do is keep nagging and poking. This guy is not some 'twat du jour', he's a bad apple.
Who's got rcon right now on vanilla? Only you, fanny and pantaloons? I think we could use some more control over who gets to play and who gets kicked. I would be more than happy to watch vanilla and just kick him off everytime I see him. 
:thumbsdown: :smiley_aabb:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline hieronymous

• Et tu Brute
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2006, 05:40:36 PM »
i am all for play and let play     shit talking stupid binds etc   are fun and add to overall enjoyment (having enemies makes the game more intense)

but there comes a time when the burden of  the greater good  falls upon those who can say or do something about it  to protect what we have

most of the north american q2 community is now here and i for one would like to preserve tastyspleen and q2   

basically we want squonkamatic (who is not just a pool of tears) and dont need someone who

not only ruins the game but worse yet drives players away     sad as it sounds  i love this dying game and i want all the players to stay around (there are so few i can compete with)

i for one don't think we need all the negativity from the tournament players

i concede that if i were a good player i would flaunt who has the bigger dick     but who can be the bigger dick is not needed   
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman, some
kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an
entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold
gaze and you can shake my hand an

El Box de Shoutamente

Last 10 Shouts:

|iR|Focalor

September 26, 2024, 05:49:19 PM

|iR|Focalor

September 26, 2024, 05:22:51 PM
No, YOU are the liar, Erica had nothing to do with it. YOU sent pictures to everyone in IRC and YOU propagated the story, no one else.

What suffering are you talking about? Are YOU suffering? Is that why you keep coming here being an asshole posting dumb shit like that? Are you the victim?

Costigan_Q2

September 26, 2024, 04:45:01 PM
Okay, we're done here, fuck off.

Costigan_Q2

September 26, 2024, 04:43:05 PM
Erica made up a lie 10 years ago and here you are, again, perpetuating the same lie 10 years later.

Michael, everyone eventually finds the level of suffering they're willing to learn from, even soulless evil filth like you.

|iR|Focalor

September 25, 2024, 11:06:32 PM
You used to tell people that you were trans. Why would you do that?

Costigan_Q2

September 21, 2024, 07:35:35 AM
Members
Total Members: 2921
Latest: provider

Date Registered : March 20, 2024

*laughs in slow clapping*

RyU

September 03, 2024, 05:15:49 PM
And wow Derrick is still playing lol

RyU

September 03, 2024, 05:15:15 PM
Just know yesterday is gone and soon tomorrow will be gone too  :)

Lejionator

August 08, 2024, 07:28:01 PM
It's tiem to QuakeCon!!!  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThQd_UJaTys

ImperiusDamian

July 26, 2024, 09:34:53 PM
In nomine Quake II et Id Software et Spiritus John Carmack, Amen.

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 04:17:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length