Author Topic: Hackusations on dm server  (Read 1933 times)

Offline RailWolf

• Into The Void
    • View Profile
    • QuadDamage.net
  • Rated:
Hackusations on dm server
« on: April 04, 2023, 10:13:57 PM »
Greetings,

I have temporarily added a new timed console message that reiterates a stance we have: Accusations of cheating should be officially reported (privately or publicly) and not just chatted about in the server. Accusing someone of cheating has always been taken seriously at tastyspleen. Admins at tastyspleen have analyzed hours and hours of cheat accusation demos since the beginning of tastyspleen. Heck I have US Mail correspondence with Bill (quadz) from when I was on vacation and he was updating me on current cheater suspects and what he saw in the videos that were uploaded.
As r1ch developed r1q2 and anticheat, we had some nice options with anticheat that allowed us to investigate things more, but that's pretty much out of the picture now. Still, how we operate with reporting suspected cheaters hasn't changed.

Repeatedly accusing so many people of cheating in the game chat doesn't help catch anything. It's just unnecessary noise that makes our job diluted.
There's other ways to respond when someone frags you and you feel something was off. First off, before you accuse someone go back and watch your demo (set your client to auto-record).
If you still feel the same way after watching the demo, upload it so that you can get more eyes on it. If you want to catch cheaters, help us help you.

I've seen on more than one occasion where someone is being accused of cheats that aren't even technically possible. Like giving yourself ammo or shooting through walls (not the old glitch hehe).
Staff here at tastyspleen know this game really really well. We also have experience with pro play and know how good someone can be at any of the games in the quake series.

If you suspect something report it to us in a way that we can work with it.  :beer:

Offline 2d

• Carpal Tunnel Member
  • Bow Down to the King
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
Re: Hackusations on dm server
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2023, 12:40:19 PM »
I cant stand cheating. when playing chess on chess.com, all the filipinos and indianos and indonesians are addicted to cheating like a crackhead on crack rofl. stop cheating u mongrels :badgrin:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Well-Reasoned Argument and/or Conclusion
    Demonstrates Exceptional Knowlege of the Game
    Appears Not to Comprehend Game Fundamentals
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Whoosh! You done missed the joke thar Cletus!
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Preposterously Irrational Arguments
    Blindingly Obvious Logical Fallacies
    Absurd Misconstrual of Scientific Principles or Evidence
    Amazing Conspiracy Theory Bro
    Racist Ignoramus
Futhermore, you keep saying "occupation". It's not an occupation.
Denial is a crime against humanity!

Offline 0rbisson

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2023, 12:46:24 PM »
Oh where to start.

First admin unbans KNOWN 100% proof positive cheaters like .skyline then has the audacity to set up that stupid DM auto message.

If known cheaters are going to be unbanned and not even forced anticheat, They deserve the criticisms they are going to receive don't you think?

Now that being said most of the time it's just muck around nonsense, however there are many suspected players mainly coming from europe who no doubt use euro hack paks. All you need to do is look at Davids youtube videos to see what's out there

Item timers, damage count downs, weapon timers, ammo timers, loud water sounds, loud elevator sounds the list goes on, And these are only modifications he shows in his videos. What else has he got that he isn't showing? Some of the things he uses i have actually never seen before or knew existed

If somoene is going to go to such lengths to gain an advantage and hell yes all those things are an advantage, then there is no doubt they are willing to go further. And if there is any doubt euro cheat this was on a euro server not long ago....

(rul): i need to send you my model's folder
(myrmidon^): that would be nice, thx
rul): you will just put it in q2 directory
>purri: did u get kicked out from US?
>david: yes
>david: too much timers and too good at quake

I don't know of any US server that kicks for item timers. David was kicked multiple times for an unknown items in his quake folder.

These people deserve the scrutiny they get
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline haunted

• Irrepressibly Profuse Member
  • I am hollywood.
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2023, 01:14:28 PM »
Xpoze(skyline) was unbanned in 2010 if I recall correctly and was forced to AC at that time. It sounds like you think he was recently unbanned from the ban in 2006. Past cheaters are definitely on the radar of admins, but is there a reason other than what happened years ago for why you're frustrated over this? Don't hesitate to send condumps and demos.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline RailWolf

• Into The Void
    • View Profile
    • QuadDamage.net
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2023, 01:16:36 PM »
Oh where to start.

First admin unbans KNOWN 100% proof positive cheaters like .skyline then has the audacity to set up that stupid DM auto message.

If known cheaters are going to be unbanned and not even forced anticheat, They deserve the criticisms they are going to receive don't you think?

Now that being said most of the time it's just muck around nonsense, however there are many suspected players mainly coming from europe who no doubt use euro hack paks. All you need to do is look at Davids youtube videos to see what's out there

Item timers, damage count downs, weapon timers, ammo timers, loud water sounds, loud elevator sounds the list goes on, And these are only modifications he shows in his videos. What else has he got that he isn't showing? Some of the things he uses i have actually never seen before or knew existed

If somoene is going to go to such lengths to gain an advantage and hell yes all those things are an advantage, then there is no doubt they are willing to go further. And if there is any doubt euro cheat this was on a euro server not long ago....

(rul): i need to send you my model's folder
(myrmidon^): that would be nice, thx
rul): you will just put it in q2 directory
>purri: did u get kicked out from US?
>david: yes
>david: too much timers and too good at quake

I don't know of any US server that kicks for item timers. David was kicked multiple times for an unknown items in his quake folder.

These people deserve the scrutiny they get

The intention of the message is to address the constant cheat accusations against people who aren't actually cheating. It was getting to the point that anyone who gets a frag gets called a cheater by certain individuals. We have seen numerous times where admins and good players were getting accused of cheats every time they join the server and those certain individuals were on.

Trash talk all you want in the server, that's expected. The cheat accusations that go on for days against people who don't cheat is what this is about.

:rockon:

Offline Faceman

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2023, 02:33:31 PM »
i've tried to set up anticheat, but it must not work, because anytime i join a tastyspleen server, it says i do not have it installed.

oh well, i tried. no idea what i'm doing wrong. it was frustrating, but clearly not a big deal since it isn't enforced and most players don't have it.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• Help Destroy America: VOTE DEMOCRAT
    • View Profile
    • Focalor's Horrible Website: We Rape You Til The Room Stinks
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2023, 02:35:00 PM »
It was getting to the point that anyone who gets a frag gets called a cheater by certain individuals.

Why tip toe around it? 888.

We have seen numerous times where admins and good players were getting accused of cheats every time they join the server and those certain individuals were on.

And I'm pretty sure I remember seeing that Quadz forced AC on him (or muted him) for doing it, at which point he used VPN's (or a simultaneous 2nd client) to evade it. And when Claire and Shloo came along, they got duped into letting him off with nothing. Probably why he's STILL doing it. He's been shown that no one will follow through.

Policies are little more elastic than they used to be. Decisions are made a lot more based on personal bias rather than objective principles. In the old days, shit ran a little smoother. You did A, then B happened, and you couldn't talk your way outta B no matter how much sympathy you could illicit with whatever song and dance you employed.

None of the admin decisions need to be emotional or personal or difficult to arrive at. We all know what's always been allowed and what isn't. You go over that line, boom, warning. Over it again, boom, small predetermined consequence. Over it a 3rd time, boom, big predetermined consequence. At that point, admins aren't getting pissed off because they have to spend inordinate amounts of time dealing with problems. Problem occurs, if they're guilty, you apply the consequence, it's quick, and it doesn't have time to put you in a bad mood or ruin your night.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline Shloo

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2023, 03:05:21 PM »
Policies are little more elastic than they used to be. Decisions are made a lot more based on personal bias rather than objective principles. In the old days, shit ran a little smoother.

With a single exception the admins running things these days are the same admins that have always been making these decisions. In the 'good old days' us current admins were admins making these decisions.  We're not new to this or newly biased. Decisions have always been on a case by case basis, and considering many factors. 

We've all spent a lot of our personal time evaluating demos and attempting to keep cheaters off the server.  The accusation noise in DM is through the roof (not purely by one person) and it makes it impossible for us to tell when there is actually a problem. 

Anyone who cares about cheating should he happy about this decision.  If you think someone is cheating, or that you caught some hack (that can't possibly exist like the player having unlimited ammo) send us a demo and the cheater will be gone.  Auto record is very easy to set up and you'll have evidence at your fingertips. 
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2023, 05:58:29 PM »
We're not new to this...

Why you got only 60 posts there?

Quadzzzz!!  Long time :)  I reinstalled Q2 last night, hopefully I'll be able to join in on Sunday!

Post before that was from 2004.

So... anyway.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline Shloo

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2023, 06:59:54 PM »
lol, yes. So you've proved I was one of the first people ever to post on these forums, and that I came back again in 2019, not for the first time either.  Great detective work. I'm not sure what you think that proves.  I was a core admin at tastyspleen from the very beginning.  All you've discovered is that I wasn't an active forum user. 

• Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2023, 08:40:11 PM »
Sure, why be "honest" when you can be YOU and just reinterpret shit until you think you're right about everything like always.

With a single exception the admins running things these days are the same admins that have always been making these decisions. In the 'good old days' us current admins were admins making these decisions.

Would that single exception be the FACT that you weren't around at all to do any fuckin' admining from 2007 to 2019, which I was here the entire time to see everything that went on here?

No doubt if you'd been here during that time waving your liberal sensibilities around, a couple of us would've noticed you. No doubt if you'd been here being "one the same admins that have always been here", it wouldn't have been such a shock to you when someone told you that Quadz was pro-Trump seeing as how there's hundreds of pages of his posts in the politics thread about his thoughts on current politics.

Just for shits and giggles... if I make a point of posting in the shoutbox things like "THE ELECTION WAS STOLEN" or  "MRNA VACCINES KILL CHILDREN", how many seconds will pass before you start a discussion among the admins about whether or not to delete my shouts? Would there even be a discussion or would you just do it impulsively?

Dunno why you gotta private message me with screenshots of your admin privs. It doesn't change the FACT that for over a decade, you were NOT HERE, not bearing witness to all the things going on here, not seeing how things ran a little smoother, probably because of your not having an active say in it.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline Shloo

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2023, 09:54:41 PM »
No one is re-interpreting anything, except maybe you.  You have no idea what you're talking about.  If you think I wasn't around at all between 2007 and 2019 you're blatantly wrong, and being an admin, I actually CAN prove that.  Doesn't matter tho.  Even if I wasn't, that doesn't change what I stated in the slightest. The people making the admin decisions these days are the same people who have always been making them.  All of us have come and gone and come back over the years, Quadz was the constant.  The other constant is that quadz had core people that he trusted and mentored to make decisions in the running of this community.  Admins at tastyspleen were like family.  I  trust quadz's judgment immensely,  the people he chose to be in his inner circle weren't chosen lightly. 

I would guess if I asked you to list the core admins during that time frame where you saw 'everything that went on here' you wouldn't be able to identify a fraction of us.  Quadz was a big proponent of admins identities being kept quiet so we weren't bothered in game when we wanted to play.  Actions and communication came from wallfly or console, not from our in game names. 

None of this is relevant to the point I was making. Which was that with the exception of one addition, who has been invaluable to the continuation of tastyspleen, there isnt a single person making decisions these days that wasn't hand chosen by quadz. Trained by quadz. Mentored by quadz, and fully trusted by quadz. 

Would there even be a discussion or would you just do it impulsively?

You truly DON'T have *any* idea what you're talking about if you need to ask that question. 
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2023, 10:57:37 PM »
Sure, why be "honest" when you can be YOU and just reinterpret shit until you think you're right about everything like always.

Still not being honest. It's okay though, I know how fragile the female ego is, I won't make you admit you're DEFINITELY wrong.

I would guess if I asked you to list the core admins during that time frame where you saw 'everything that went on here' you wouldn't be able to identify a fraction of us. 

Oh you mean the names on the list you impulsively private messaged me because of how capable you are of handling criticism as an admin? Was a little bit scribbling in MSPaint supposed to do much to hide their identities? Just another example of how your judgement fuckin' sucks.

Quadz was a big proponent of admins identities being kept quiet so we weren't bothered in game when we wanted to play.  Actions and communication came from wallfly or console, not from our in game names. 

So how come now suddenly everyone knows who the fuck you are? Did the rules change? Did they maybe get more "elastic"?

Policies are little more elastic than they used to be. Decisions are made a lot more based on personal bias rather than objective principles.

When someone started talking about spawngirl, you had no idea what they were talking about. Pretty much every situation that's happened around here in the last 15 years, someone has to explain it to you.

But whatever, she says she's been here. Knowing what we know of her now, I'm sure she just sat there completely silent with nothing to say, which is totally... out of character, not out of character? Meh, who cares. Hashtag believe all women. Even when they are demonstrably full of it.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline 0rbisson

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2023, 05:19:17 AM »
From an Aussie, i love THE DON! he was the best thing that ever happened to the western world. 1 million times better than the braindead geriatric you have now. And i see where the world is going. They want to silence our voice. History will show that we truely live in a cotton wool generation where the many have their voices not heard and silenced in favor of the few who dont even want gender anymore.

If you are born with a penis you are a male, if you are born with a vagina you are female. how can society fuck this basic biological concept up so bad?

• Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline QwazyWabbit

• Carpal Tunnel Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2023, 08:51:24 AM »
i've tried to set up anticheat, but it must not work, because anytime i join a tastyspleen server, it says i do not have it installed.

oh well, i tried. no idea what i'm doing wrong. it was frustrating, but clearly not a big deal since it isn't enforced and most players don't have it.

The anticheat.dll is simply placed in your quake2 root directory next to the game client executable.
It's a 32-bit DLL so it only works with 32-bit r1q2.exe clients. It doesn't work with q2pro, q2rtx or kmquake2 or any of the other clients, afaik.
The r1q2 client can't be built from source. It must be r1ch's original distribution. The last version of that was b8012.
Self-built clients don't have the secret sauce needed to use the anticheat module, for obvious reasons.

• Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

El Box de Shoutamente

Last 10 Shouts:

RyU

September 03, 2024, 05:15:49 PM
And wow Derrick is still playing lol

RyU

September 03, 2024, 05:15:15 PM
Just know yesterday is gone and soon tomorrow will be gone too  :)

Lejionator

August 08, 2024, 07:28:01 PM
It's tiem to QuakeCon!!!  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThQd_UJaTys

ImperiusDamian

July 26, 2024, 09:34:53 PM
In nomine Quake II et Id Software et Spiritus John Carmack, Amen.

QuakeDuke

July 26, 2024, 05:10:30 PM
Hey, shout, summertime blues
Jump up and down in you blue suede shoes
Hey, did you rock and roll? Rock on!!  ...QD

Yotematoi

July 24, 2024, 01:31:20 PM
Ayer me mato 5 veces para robarme en la vida real hará lo mismo? [img]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid0wXU2VgS7atesBcSoMz5BWMJCJajeZFVT6GzSU6TtpJGddN9kLTvWNgcZaskkbKFQl&amp;show_text=true&amp;width=500
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid0wXU2VgS7atesBcSoMz5BWMJCJajeZFVT6GzSU6TtpJGddN9kLTvWNgcZaskkbKFQl&show_text=true&width=500" width="500"

Yotematoi

July 24, 2024, 01:25:59 PM
hi ya está la basura de Martin, se cambió el nombre es un ladron estupido, asi llegó a 10000[img]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&amp;show_text
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&show_text

Yotematoi

July 24, 2024, 01:25:59 PM
hi ya está la basura de Martin, se cambió el nombre es un ladron estupido, asi llegó a 10000[img]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&amp;show_text
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&show_text

-Unh0ly-

July 05, 2024, 05:20:36 AM

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 03:06:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length