Author Topic: Clemency for the banned?  (Read 15049 times)

Offline Golgo13

• Swanky Member
    • View Profile
    • Lithium CTF Files
  • Rated:
Clemency for the banned?
« on: April 24, 2020, 07:54:29 PM »
i remember the Argentinian girl that got banned a long time ago. she played xatrix right. sucks to be ousted and never to be able to play your favorite game again. (no other server has players) are there some others that got banned for other than cheating? is this still active ? what if they tried to connect? maybe we should drop the jail sentence and invoke life imprisonment sentence for parole. what say you quadz?[/size]

Offline 0rbisson

• View Profile
  • Rated:
Re: Clemency for the banned?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 08:34:07 PM »
If you are talking about spawngirl aka  Laura Hentschel, good luck with that one. The answer will be a resounding  :nosign: you may as well ask to unban razor and tell quadz to bend over and take it.

Your best bet would be to back away slowly out the door and go play with dodgebots.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Well-Reasoned Argument and/or Conclusion
    Demonstrates Exceptional Knowlege of the Game
    Appears Not to Comprehend Game Fundamentals
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Whoosh! You done missed the joke thar Cletus!
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Preposterously Irrational Arguments
    Blindingly Obvious Logical Fallacies
    Absurd Misconstrual of Scientific Principles or Evidence
    Amazing Conspiracy Theory Bro
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline Golgo13

• Swanky Member
    • View Profile
    • Lithium CTF Files
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 10:18:26 PM »
well i see alot of old faces and i never got into an argument with them. it's been a long time. i think i was the most hated person on this forum at one point. focalor said something about me taking the scepter. i remember that shit! :smiley_acbs:

i pissed off alot of ppl on this forum, i don't feel the need to act in kind anymore.

i mean if i did, it wouldn't be for "revenge" just more for having a laugh. i love my tasty people! most of em. old enemies? they can say what they want i probably won't answer. or perhaps some witty banter but it doesn't get under my skin anymore. letting ppl affect your mood is a choice.

Offline quadz

• Loquaciously Multiloquent Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 01:32:33 AM »
what if they tried to connect?

She returned in March, 2017, playing as JynErso, and she created a forum account with the same handle.

I did remove the bans for awhile. My hope was that she might just be able to uneventfully play quake and avoid drama (if perhaps the passage of time had brought increased levels of chill, as sometimes happens.)

However, after a week or two it seemed things were heading downhill.

As I wrote at the time in the shoutbox: "I wish her well. In my estimation things were looking on the verge of heading down the same dark path as last time. It's possible I was mistaken, but I'm not up for v2.0 of that drama."

• Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
"He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious."

Offline |iR|Focalor

• Irrepressibly Profuse Member
  • Help Destroy America: VOTE DEMOCRAT
    • View Profile
    • Focalor's Horrible Website: We Rape You Til The Room Stinks
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2020, 03:11:48 AM »
focalor said something about me taking the scepter. i remember that shit!

I don't really know the entire context of that "taking the scepter" remark, but it sounds mildly familiar, and if I had to guess, that was probably my way of saying you were the new form of "crazy" in the absence of spawngirl, particularly for some of your hack accusations about things like dodgebots, which I found to be kinda humorous honestly. We treated you cruelly for it at times, and I apologize if I ever acted like a total dick to you. But many times, it wasn't meant out of meanness, it was just me having fun poking at you, like the nazi tattoo picture I remember doing that time, lol. But so it's clear, I'll repeat that I do apologize for all my past behavior towards you. Sometimes it went too far, and I was a dick (still AM a dick, but I'm trying), and I shouldn't have treated you that way.

Even still... not gonna bullshit you,... there were some old posts where you said things about being so great at this game, knowing so much about it, just some really ego-laden stuff, and that's what got so many people against you in the first place. Just my perspective, not sure if you were ever aware of that, but it is what it is. The ego stuff is what got everyone on you, and I jumped on the bandwagon later. But I don't see you doing that anymore, so no reason to continue that game. However, if you'll notice someone like Vae... he STILL continues that whole over-inflated ego bullshit, and that's why I have no use for a little fucking punk like him, and have no problem treating him like shit and talking to him like the piece of shit that he is. If he ever changes, my attitude towards him will likely change as well. But until then - Fuck that guy.

As far as spawn girl goes... NO. Unbanning wouldn't be wise. She was "touched in the head", quite obviously. In her first stint here, she began by making lots of friends and they all joined her new clan. And I dunno what specifically happened, but I'm assuming she must've gotten into a disagreement with one or two of those people, and responded by overreacting like a nuclear cunt with a defcon 5 case of PMS. And its unclear if ALL of the response was her or the "unknown person" she accused of hacking her, but "someone" (likely HER) hijacked her clans homepage and forums, began sending ridiculous emails out to everyone followed by another one claiming that someone stole her email account, etc etc etc. Just CRAZY shit like that, and most likely it was HER doing it seeking attention.

Anyway, the second time she came back (as Quadz mentioned), it was about 2 weeks and then she began making passing comments about someone hacking her... which I think he artfully referred to at the time as likely being the "opening salvo in a probable lengthy campaign of crazy" or something similar to that. :D Yeah, he put his foot down then and there.

It's unfortunate. She was doing lots of work to revitalize the xatrix community, and that work is probably responsible for the few players who still play it around here. But she's a nutzo. I would see no reason not to give her a 3rd chance if she initiated it, maybe took responsibility for past incidents, etc. But I wouldn't expect it to last longer than a month or two. Nothing against her personally, it's just that I know most people don't really change all that much.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline Zeppelin

• Carpal Tunnel Member
  • aka Cajmere
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2020, 09:30:44 AM »

And I dunno what specifically happened, but I'm assuming she must've gotten into a disagreement with one or two of those people, and responded by overreacting like a nuclear cunt with a defcon 5 case of PMS. And its unclear if ALL of the response was her or the "unknown person" she accused of hacking her, but "someone" (likely HER) hijacked her clans homepage and forums, began sending ridiculous emails out to everyone followed by another one claiming that someone stole her email account, etc etc etc. Just CRAZY shit like that, and most likely it was HER doing it seeking attention.

What happened was a set of events starting by when quadz changed the traps to be killable ( :dohdohdoh: ) and when the community asked for the creation of a new server where she would have no power! - XTRA.
After that she just went crazy and the rest we already know, the overrides licenses, etc etc.. :lolsign:

If you are talking about spawngirl aka  Laura Hentschel, good luck with that one. The answer will be a resounding  :nosign: you may as well ask to unban razor and tell quadz to bend over and take it.

Your best bet would be to back away slowly out the door and go play with dodgebots.

Alpha, its nice to see you back with your account nº 97 and still expressing your love to Razor

Also, Golgo, I think 10+ years later is almost impossible to keep a ban to someone. In 10 years ppl change homes, change ISPs, etc..
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline 0rbisson

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2020, 09:34:45 AM »
is this zepplin guy the one that used to sit in razors channel #xprojects and suck his dick all day long and probably still does? pretty sure it is
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline haunted

• I am hollywood.
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2020, 10:24:15 AM »

I don't really know the entire context of that "taking the scepter" remark, but it sounds mildly familiar, and if I had to guess, that was probably my way of saying you were the new form of "crazy" in the absence of spawngirl, particularly for some of your hack accusations about things like dodgebots, which I found to be kinda humorous honestly. We treated you cruelly for it at times, and I apologize if I ever acted like a total dick to you. But many times, it wasn't meant out of meanness, it was just me having fun poking at you, like the nazi tattoo picture I remember doing that time, lol. But so it's clear, I'll repeat that I do apologize for all my past behavior towards you. Sometimes it went too far, and I was a dick (still AM a dick, but I'm trying), and I shouldn't have treated you that way.

Even still... not gonna bullshit you,... there were some old posts where you said things about being so great at this game, knowing so much about it, just some really ego-laden stuff, and that's what got so many people against you in the first place. Just my perspective, not sure if you were ever aware of that, but it is what it is. The ego stuff is what got everyone on you, and I jumped on the bandwagon later. But I don't see you doing that anymore, so no reason to continue that game. However, if you'll notice someone like Vae... he STILL continues that whole over-inflated ego bullshit, and that's why I have no use for a little fucking punk like him, and have no problem treating him like shit and talking to him like the piece of shit that he is. If he ever changes, my attitude towards him will likely change as well. But until then - Fuck that guy.

Haha looking back the golgo stuff and going back to the jaquio days was definitely more humorous than bothersome. Agreed, it was the mentality of thinking he was a pro that got everyone on him. But at the same time I take half the blame for my interactions with him and apologize as well. I assume golgo looks back and wishes he was trolling and not serious with his past rhetoric, but I and others didn't need to go out of our way to bash him. As one of the better tdm players and a dick myself, the dodge bot guy accusing me of cheating always was like serving me 5 course meal on a silver platter   :dohdohdoh:

At least I didn't do any of the pictures lol.

As for vae I'd enjoy seeing improvement in his past flaws. I'd be happy for him. Recently when I kinda called him out in that demo thread I found myself thinking "Wait.... What if vae's overall improvement in character isn't due to him 'growing up'? What if it's just the fact that no one better than him plays anymore so he has nothing to rage over?"  :lolsign:

As for spawngirl, I really wasn't involved in that stink but as an observer she did seem particularly bothersome. Quadz can be a forgiving guy but it's come to bite him in the ass numerous times. Still if there's a good indicator that you will no longer be a nuisance and you acknowledge whatever you did in the past you have a shot. Which is saying something about him, because the amount of crap people have put him through while paying to keep this community afloat is unfortunate. He is the last person who should have to deal with that stupid shit. Ya gotta have some patience and put genuine effort into demonstrating you aren't an idiot anymore. Not true.douchebag's endless trolling and shmoozing about being reformed.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• Help Destroy America: VOTE DEMOCRAT
    • View Profile
    • Focalor's Horrible Website: We Rape You Til The Room Stinks
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2020, 01:47:54 PM »
After browsing through my forum pics folder on my TS webspace, I saw a blast from the past. Some faked screenshot pics I made of Golgo supposedly private messaging me asking for a wallhack and a bot to use against Haunted. And then Quadz took me serious, so he spent a while figuring out how to get into my private messages trying to verify it, lol. :D He wasn't too happy about having to do that. And then he kinda felt shitty for violating our privacy by hacking into our PM's. :D Poor guy. Good times though. :dohdohdoh:

http://focalor.tastyspleen.net/forumpics/machax.png

http://focalor.tastyspleen.net/forumpics/machax2.png

To reiterate, THOSE ARE 100% FAKED and were done as a joke. He DID NOT ever private message me asking for hacks.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline Golgo13

• Swanky Member
    • View Profile
    • Lithium CTF Files
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2020, 04:07:34 PM »

it's all good man. i was a dick. i deserved some of that ire for sure. at the time i felt like i kept having to defend something. i absolutely hated some of you all. after some time i can look back at some of those things and they were just funny as shit. i think it evoked some of our creative insults we used to troll. it makes us stronger. yea the endless harassment was a bit much. but with passage of time ppl usually get over it. (except vae) i actually enjoy most of you guys on here now. like a big friends club. i appreciate the sentiment foc. For some strange reason i always got along with ppl i didn't initially like much better than ppl i liked on the onset. only ppl who show their bad  side can really earn their respect. they turn out being better ppl alot of the time.

As far as spawn girl goes... NO. Unbanning wouldn't be wise. She was "touched in the head", quite obviously. In her first stint here, she began by making lots of friends and they all joined her new clan. And I dunno what specifically happened, but I'm assuming she must've gotten into a disagreement with one or two of those people, and responded by overreacting like a nuclear cunt with a defcon 5 case of PMS. And its unclear if ALL of the response was her or the "unknown person" she accused of hacking her, but "someone" (likely HER) hijacked her clans homepage and forums, began sending ridiculous emails out to everyone followed by another one claiming that someone stole her email account, etc etc etc. Just CRAZY shit like that, and most likely it was HER doing it seeking attention.

Anyway, the second time she came back (as Quadz mentioned), it was about 2 weeks and then she began making passing comments about someone hacking her... which I think he artfully referred to at the time as likely being the "opening salvo in a probable lengthy campaign of crazy" or something similar to that. :D Yeah, he put his foot down then and there.

It's unfortunate. She was doing lots of work to revitalize the xatrix community, and that work is probably responsible for the few players who still play it around here. But she's a nutzo. I would see no reason not to give her a 3rd chance if she initiated it, maybe took responsibility for past incidents, etc. But I wouldn't expect it to last longer than a month or two. Nothing against her personally, it's just that I know most people don't really change all that much.

in that case i'd agree as well. it's just a detriment to the community as a whole that kind of behavior.

Offline Golgo13

• Swanky Member
    • View Profile
    • Lithium CTF Files
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2020, 04:12:19 PM »
After browsing through my forum pics folder on my TS webspace, I saw a blast from the past. Some faked screenshot pics I made of Golgo supposedly private messaging me asking for a wallhack and a bot to use against Haunted. And then Quadz took me serious, so he spent a while figuring out how to get into my private messages trying to verify it, lol. :D He wasn't too happy about having to do that. And then he kinda felt shitty for violating our privacy by hacking into our PM's. :D Poor guy. Good times though. :dohdohdoh:

http://focalor.tastyspleen.net/forumpics/machax.png

http://focalor.tastyspleen.net/forumpics/machax2.png

To reiterate, THOSE ARE 100% FAKED and were done as a joke. He DID NOT ever private message me asking for hacks.

LOL oh man i wish i didn't go on a mass delete rampage. the lulz we could have had. :dohdohdoh: :dohdohdoh:

Offline Golgo13

• Swanky Member
    • View Profile
    • Lithium CTF Files
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2020, 04:21:31 PM »

Haha looking back the golgo stuff and going back to the jaquio days was definitely more humorous than bothersome. Agreed, it was the mentality of thinking he was a pro that got everyone on him. But at the same time I take half the blame for my interactions with him and apologize as well. I assume golgo looks back and wishes he was trolling and not serious with his past rhetoric, but I and others didn't need to go out of our way to bash him. As one of the better tdm players and a dick myself, the dodge bot guy accusing me of cheating always was like serving me 5 course meal on a silver platter   :dohdohdoh:

unfortunately for me, i had to learn how shit i was at TDM by experience. i was always at the bottom rung in the euro league. in like tier 4 lolol :lolup: none of us are getting paid to play this game. we are all experts in our own little way, in our mod. let's be real, some of us just all suck at anything that isn't our mod. (some ppl like accel at all mods though)  we just love to beat our chests when we do well. no fault in that. we all like to feel good. i don't see myself as having enemies no more. even h0ps might have learned to let go of that CTF fued we had that i can barely remember, that he is sure to remind me  :dohdohdoh: we all grew up playing the game we love, so we have a bit of a shared experience we can relate to. so yea i can accept apologies. it's the past. i'd like to apologize for the shit storms i created as well. i did bash ppl for playing well, it was my own inadequacies. now that we're older, i think we're seeing this and have a much thicker skin now. 

Offline Golgo13

• Swanky Member
    • View Profile
    • Lithium CTF Files
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2020, 04:31:14 PM »

Alpha, its nice to see you back with your account nº 97 and still expressing your love to Razor

Also, Golgo, I think 10+ years later is almost impossible to keep a ban to someone. In 10 years ppl change homes, change ISPs, etc..

yea, technology has changed. well at least here in the states. i was using DSL for the majority of my quake days. just recently have i made the switch to FIOS. not really a big deal, but hosting a server is actually doable now.  alpha was the 300 ping sensation. that's pretty impressive indeed. i just think he's carrying around the weight of him not profiting from his skills because he lives in bum-fuck country lol just kidding!  :D . ghost town for local tournaments. i'm not even sure he can play on a low ping and be that good. perhaps.  some ppl just get used to a style of play and that's it.

Offline Sgt. Dick

• Loquaciously Multiloquent Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2020, 04:55:24 PM »
I cannot remember if I trash posted about you or not (and I'm to lazy to look). 
If I did, it was bandwagon trash talk.  I hardly ever played tdm, my skill level was not nearly good enough to enjoy that mod and I did not want to put in the effort to improve.  I could go on ffa and consistently score well and often win maps (as long as the top few were not there).
I am glad to see you come back and come back with the attitude you have  :righteous:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
aka IOU

Offline Golgo13

• Swanky Member
    • View Profile
    • Lithium CTF Files
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2020, 05:04:42 PM »
I cannot remember if I trash posted about you or not (and I'm to lazy to look). 
If I did, it was bandwagon trash talk.  I hardly ever played tdm, my skill level was not nearly good enough to enjoy that mod and I did not want to put in the effort to improve.  I could go on ffa and consistently score well and often win maps (as long as the top few were not there).
I am glad to see you come back and come back with the attitude you have  :righteous:

yea, i mostly ignored your endless taunts because i didn't know exactly who you were. it did bother me a bit. i'm glad quadz stopped me from deleting my posts! i never really seen your alias on the games servers. i'm glad we can include everyone into the discussion on a player level.  :beer:

El Box de Shoutamente

Last 10 Shouts:

RyU

September 03, 2024, 05:15:49 PM
And wow Derrick is still playing lol

RyU

September 03, 2024, 05:15:15 PM
Just know yesterday is gone and soon tomorrow will be gone too  :)

Lejionator

August 08, 2024, 07:28:01 PM
It's tiem to QuakeCon!!!  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThQd_UJaTys

ImperiusDamian

July 26, 2024, 09:34:53 PM
In nomine Quake II et Id Software et Spiritus John Carmack, Amen.

QuakeDuke

July 26, 2024, 05:10:30 PM
Hey, shout, summertime blues
Jump up and down in you blue suede shoes
Hey, did you rock and roll? Rock on!!  ...QD

Yotematoi

July 24, 2024, 01:31:20 PM
Ayer me mato 5 veces para robarme en la vida real hará lo mismo? [img]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid0wXU2VgS7atesBcSoMz5BWMJCJajeZFVT6GzSU6TtpJGddN9kLTvWNgcZaskkbKFQl&amp;show_text=true&amp;width=500
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid0wXU2VgS7atesBcSoMz5BWMJCJajeZFVT6GzSU6TtpJGddN9kLTvWNgcZaskkbKFQl&show_text=true&width=500" width="500"

Yotematoi

July 24, 2024, 01:25:59 PM
hi ya está la basura de Martin, se cambió el nombre es un ladron estupido, asi llegó a 10000[img]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&amp;show_text
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&show_text

Yotematoi

July 24, 2024, 01:25:59 PM
hi ya está la basura de Martin, se cambió el nombre es un ladron estupido, asi llegó a 10000[img]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&amp;show_text
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&show_text

-Unh0ly-

July 05, 2024, 05:20:36 AM

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 02:46:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length