Author Topic: HBO's GAME OF THRONES - OFFICIAL THREAD  (Read 28803 times)

Offline quadz

• Loquaciously Multiloquent Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
Re: HBO's GAME OF THRONES - OFFICIAL THREAD
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2019, 02:07:43 PM »
As someone had commented under last week's (S8E3) Inside the Episode video:
‘Game of Thrones’ used to be a collaboration of both architect (George R.R. Martin) and engineers (David & Daniel). Now, the support of the architect is less to none and all responsibilities are on the engineers. No matter how they try their best, they will remain engineers and not architect…

;)

• Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Well-Reasoned Argument and/or Conclusion
    Demonstrates Exceptional Knowlege of the Game
    Appears Not to Comprehend Game Fundamentals
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Whoosh! You done missed the joke thar Cletus!
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Preposterously Irrational Arguments
    Blindingly Obvious Logical Fallacies
    Absurd Misconstrual of Scientific Principles or Evidence
    Amazing Conspiracy Theory Bro
    Racist Ignoramus
"He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious."

Offline quadz

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2019, 09:10:44 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV_cmmDQPoE

"Game of Thrones Season 8 Episode 4 was the final episode of Game of Thrones, and most people didn’t even realize it.  Although many viewers missed this part, at the end of this episode Daenerys was killed along with both her dragons, Tyrion, and a big chunk of her Unsullied, all of whom succumbed to a lethal dose of terminal stupidity.  That didn’t happen you say?  Let me prove to you that it did, and that everything proceeding from this point forward is a complete and total lie, delusional fan fiction of the lowest kind."

:dohdohdoh: :raincloud:

"He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious."

Offline 2d

• Carpal Tunnel Member
  • Bow Down to the King
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2019, 01:27:43 AM »
I played that video in the background and listened to it in full. The man narrating is amazing....... his train of thought is on point.

but

He is crazy. literally crazy. To have that much care and emotion in you about game of thrones is overwhelming. I feel crazy after listening to all of that  :lolsign:

His rant at 15:00 - 20:00 is spot on. I felt the same way while watching this episode. When Dany is standing in front of Cersei at the gate, it felt like a betrayal of who cersei really IS, to let Dany just walk away alive without making any attempt to kill her.

This scene reminded me of the movie TROY, where Brad pitt kills the kings son in front of him. That King deserved to die for his stupidity. By what Moral or standard would cersei abide by to allow for this to happen...

I had absolutely no care at all for missandei, or her unsullied donkey.  Her execution was unremarkable and flat.

Another plot line that was never developed is again, the three eyed raven jackass BRAN. With all of the people that know the powers of this guy, why hasnt anyone attempted to kidnap him. Hes supposed to be able to see the past present and future. You would think that someone out there would want to keep him in their corner.

But getting back to that audio/video that quad posted, I agree with it. It was a good listen
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
Futhermore, you keep saying "occupation". It's not an occupation.
Denial is a crime against humanity!

Offline NIN-IceFox

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #78 on: May 07, 2019, 12:44:22 PM »
Heh, I happen to be a regular watcher of Overlord DVD, sometimes his views are a little extreme or missing the point but he's actually a pretty entertaining guy, he's even made that which would never entertain me, indirectly entertaining due to giving him fuel to make more videos on (namely Star Trek Discovery, the franchise is so DEAD)  :lolsign:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline haunted

• Irrepressibly Profuse Member
  • I am hollywood.
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2019, 04:47:10 PM »
I'm disappointed in the series, especially season 8. I already know the ending. Danaerys becomes the "mad queen" when Jon betrays her by telling sansa who in turn tells tyrion, she finds out her advisers all know about Jon's identity, and then her best friend gets beheaded. She'll burn king's landing and have no remorse for it and I think Jon will have to kill her. Jamie will kill cercei like I've previously predicted, then take his own life, but he probably got brienne pregnant so there will be a lannister heir born even if a bastard. Then due to a stupid hint in the last episode when Arya said "I was never meant to be a lady"... "Queen" isn't a lady. Which also means after everyone is dead, Gendry Baratheon will be the king which will make sense restoring the previous succession after all the chaos.

This series used to be unpredictable. :raincloud:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline quadz

• View Profile
  • Rated:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline adz1La

• Carpal Tunnel Member
  • Just...AIM...Down!
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2019, 11:02:52 AM »
Dey ruined muh show :raincloud:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
Quote from: Golgo13 link=faggotdeletedpost
i probably have a 1% chance of ever winning in duel against you

Offline 2d

• Carpal Tunnel Member
  • Bow Down to the King
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2019, 12:32:01 AM »
Season 8 Episode 5

The Penultimate Episode.........

Spoiler Alert************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

When something goes extremely different than how you thought, you are left confused, and right now, I have mixed feelings and hard confusion over how things played out....

Mountain and Hound storyline was the only thing that, I think, everyone kinda got right about how it would end. Both characters faced off in an epic battle and both characters died like men. It was an honest take and nice finish for two awesome people. Their deaths will go down as my favorite on this show.

Euron Greyjoy is a goddam fucking moron. I am very dissatisfied by the fact that this son of a bitch survived the dragon attack only to encounter jaime lanister at just the precise moment to challenge him to a duel. The statistical improbability of this happening, in and of it self, made the entire scene feel undeserving and unwanted. I really did not want to watch this take place. I really wanted greyjoy to have died by treachery, or by a plot twist. When he stabbed Jaime, I was sickened. BUT when Jaime recovered and stabbed Greyjoy, I was angry that the writers put this trash for me to watch. Are you fucking serious? Jaime gets stabbed very seriously, Grejoy recovers, yet some how Jaime puts the sword straight thru his heart?

GTFO!!!!!!!

Complete FAIL of a storyline for me
GTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Varys was a jackass, a mighty lame jackass at the end. In earlier seasons, His treachery was very well calculated and cloaked. In this season, he had no where to hide, and no one to frame. There was no plausible deniability. He is a moron for trying to act too soon, and a moron for believing tyrion lanister, of all people, would not betray him. Varys turned out to be a noob, able to hit a rail, but no skill with a rocket launcher. He killed himself.

Arya was included in the episode to provide perspective i guess, and possibly to set up something special in the series finale. I enjoyed watching her scenes, they took away from the absurdity of greyjoy. I hold out hope that her character arc ends well. I am hoping she honors her brother Jon in some way, and lives thru whatever the series finale brings.

Cersei's death was underwhelming. While i did not expect a full blown execution, I really thought she would die by the hands of one of her brothers, like the prophecy said, to protect the city from an onslaught. I thought her death would have some meaning or some twist. In my last post, i even said I thought she had the upper hand, and might even win this war. I am still shocked that Daenarys  was able to destroy the entire fleet, as well as the land based arrow shooters with such ease. It seemed like in the episode prior, the iron fleet would be able to shoot multiple arrows on command in devastating fashion, to prevent the dragons from getting close, and yet, for whatever reason, the iron fleet were grossly unprepared, just sitting on their hands.... It seemed slightly absurd that this could be the case.. especially after cersei chopped off missandeis head to force war....but thats what we were force fed i guess....

Cersei's unwavering belief in her army was ludicrous. I honestly thought she was smarter than what was presented. She basically tried to fight an unconventional war in a pretty straight forward way. Im not sure if the green fire that we saw throughout the episode was planted by cersei or not, but i thought at the very least she would have one or two arrow launchers secretly placed; and it was a let down to see Dany march straight thru without any problems.

Cersei dying in the basement with her brother Jaime was just sad. I felt bad for her. I felt bad for this crazy bitch. She honestly deserved better...

Jon Snow and Tyrion have turned out to be the protagonists for this series. Tyrion honestly wants to live in a world with a moral ruler, who will fight to bring about a better world. Jon lives by his values, someone who keeps his word, and someone who fights for everyone. To witness their reactions upon Daenarys' mad attack was the highlight of this episode. I felt my own emotions turn against the unsullied son of a bitch, Grey Worm, when he started attacking soldiers who had surrendered. I wanted him dead in that instant. Motherfucker turned out to be a low life. Fuck him and fuck missandei.

Her violent bloodbath of the city was devastating. She literally brought the city to ruin. There is no iron throne to even sit on. The girl went crazy. Her plunge into the city reminded me of Batman Begins. Raz Al Ghoul needed to rid Gotham of its scourge for its own good, and I believe we witnessed a reality in this series, where Raz Al Ghoul wins. I dont know if Daenarys always had this in mind, to fuck over westeros, and cleanse it completely, or whether she grew into it, and I hope they address her mindset completely in the series finale. If its revealed that she was always intending to destroy the city for revenge for her fathers murder, it would be satisfying to know.

I cant go 1 post without including the jackass Bran Stark. Where was he? the motherfucker let all those innocent people die. I thought when he and tyrion sat down to chat, before the white walkers invaded, that he would have revealed something to him. But nope, I guess the writers have quietly let his arc phase out and die in the most horrid of horrible ways. Useless.

I cant see how Jon snow takes the iron throne. The entire army followed Dany into battle willingly and wanting. For jon or tyrion to make a moral argument would be pointless. For Arya to assassinate Dany wouldn't help or make sense either. In Gladiator, the soldiers followed Maximus, not Commodus. In Game of thrones, the soldiers willingly follow Commodus.

This turn of events leaves me clueless on what to expect in the finale. Im not sure what happens from here. Im pretty confused, and the lack of a white walker / night king arc in the series finale makes it that much less interesting. Overall Im giving season 8 an overall 6/10 rating. Im pretty let down with how things have turned out, though I am eager to see the very end. I really hope for a home run some how, but something tells me they are going to have all of us feeling like the scarecrow after its all said and done.

I watched the 10 mins clip of "inside the episode" where the writers kinda discuss the scenes... its pretty insightful.

<span data-s9e-mediaembed="youtube" style="display:inline-block;width:100%;max-width:640px"><span style="display:block;overflow:hidden;position:relative;padding-bottom:56.25%"><iframe allowfullscreen="" scrolling="no" style="background:url(https://i.ytimg.com/vi/5W8j6wOvxuo/hqdefault.jpg) 50% 50% / cover;border:0;height:100%;left:0;position:absolute;width:100%" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5W8j6wOvxuo"></iframe></span></span><br /><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5W8j6wOvxuo" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5W8j6wOvxuo</a>
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 12:57:02 AM by 2d »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline quadz

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2019, 10:19:26 AM »
"3 Minutes of the Game of Thrones Cast Being Disappointed by Season 8"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA7UQOYskas

• Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline haunted

• I am hollywood.
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2019, 01:14:29 PM »
I've been wrong about one thing so far: Jamie being there one to kill cercei then him taking his own life after. But, they did for together so I get partial credit ;)
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline haunted

• I am hollywood.
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2019, 07:45:43 PM »
The only true good thing plot-wise was the hound finally confronting the mountain. It was amusing how invincible they made him, lol. I've shared all of my predictions with my wife. Directly before the episode I told her "Varys is getting burnt, I just hope she doesn't do Tyrion also"..  :dohdohdoh:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline 2d

• Carpal Tunnel Member
  • Bow Down to the King
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2019, 09:23:17 PM »
after everyone is dead, Gendry Baratheon will be the king which will make sense restoring the previous succession after all the chaos.

This series used to be unpredictable

After reading a lot of articles and watching youtube videos, I think ive kinda formed an opinion of what might happen in the finale.

Daenerys won. Its just that simple. She did what she had to do, and she took preemptive action to secure her spot on the throne. Kings landing was filled with snakes, and i guess from episode 3 and 4, you could see that the people that she trusted and surrounded herself with betrayed her. Tyrion laughing and getting drunk with his brother, jon snitching to sansa, varys trying to poison her with that kid... I think she was damned if she did and damned if she didnt. If she didnt throw down the hammer, what was she going to do? Sit on the throne and just look like a pretty doll? eh

Theres a quote in this article i read:
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/viral-reddit-post-made-incredible-195300961.html

The Northmen who we assumed as the good guys are rapists. The unsullied who we assumed are the liberators kill unarmed people. Danerys who we assumed would be free of the curse of Targaryen genes is a mad queen. GRRM wasn't subverting our expectations like D&D tried to in the rest of season 8, but he did want to twist a knife into our guts with a cruel reminder that in the world of ice and fire, there are no good guys and bad guys.

My finale prediction for how game of thrones ends is pretty simple: The show will open with a revelation that Sansa is dead in the north, executed by Daenerys during the battle of kings landing. She will appoint Jon as Warden of the North, threatening him if he decides otherwise. Jon has always been a loyal soldier, and his word is his bond. She IS his queen, and forever will be. Tyrion will be executed for his cumulative failures, and Arya will die trying to get revenge. Bran will not even be featured, as his plot has ended. The starks will cease to exist. The lanisters have ceased to exist. The show will fast forward 5 years, and we will come full circle to view a targaryan on the throne, with a new world rebuilt. Dany wins, and that will be the end of story.

I guess well see...

But haunted... i have no idea how the hell u came up with gendry baratheon ending the series. rofl gtfo
 :evil:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline haunted

• I am hollywood.
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2019, 06:16:52 AM »
It's more like Arya being queen......so, obviously he'll be King. The scenes of her with the people of King's landing getting slaughtered re-affirmed that. Those are her future subjects.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline quadz

• View Profile
  • Rated:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline quadz

• View Profile
  • Rated:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

El Box de Shoutamente

Last 10 Shouts:

-Unh0ly-

March 18, 2024, 03:51:45 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjGjxwHT6ok

played guitar drums bass and sang cuz everyone too lame to start a band with me

0rbisson

March 14, 2024, 04:29:08 AM
HT1 or whatever the stupid map name is instant server killer. the map is trash, Everyone leaves

Costigan_Q2

March 10, 2024, 04:00:02 PM
This is my fave TS post.

And quadz posted it - some ppl must haaate that. :)

-Unh0ly-

February 29, 2024, 08:35:47 AM
MONDAY NIGHT RAILWARZ GAMES   74.91.120.171:27910 -- BIG FUCKIN GAMES.... LETS GO!!!!!!!

|iR|Focalor

February 29, 2024, 01:19:58 AM

|iR|Focalor

February 27, 2024, 12:23:01 AM

0rbisson

February 26, 2024, 11:38:19 AM
player "shogun" known hacker back on ts servers. http://forum.tastyspleen.net/quake/index.php?topic=21160.msg201752#msg201752

|iR|Focalor

February 17, 2024, 10:11:59 PM

Costigan_Q2

February 16, 2024, 07:45:01 AM
Almost 4 months ey? that's a new record.

Last accepted: profile;u=7126
Date Registered:17-10-2023
WaKy-FeLa

Last registered: profile;u=7150
Date Registered:09-02-2024
damsonpharmacy

0rbisson

February 14, 2024, 10:51:18 PM
pings back up to 400+ on dm

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:40:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length