Author Topic: Maxcow aka reneewalker & friend  (Read 10303 times)

Offline M^tster

• Swanky Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
Re: Maxcow aka reneewalker & friend
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2013, 04:55:07 AM »
Or... here's another way to deal with it... and try to stay with me here, this gets super complicated...

...LEAVE THE SERVER. :sarcastic:

Nah why leave, I get teamed by aliens all the time, and will herd with a cow or two on occasion  ;) so either deal with it, bring a friend or I guess yes you can leave, but then you are just letting them win....
Its not just about my dream of doing nothing, its about all of us.

Offline Whirlingdervish

• Super ShortBus Extravaganza
  • Illimitable Sesquipedalian Member
    • View Profile
    • The Dervish Depository
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2013, 08:26:18 AM »
Aww dont whine about it, go in and kill them. Get a friend and go in and slaughter them.  :WTF: Ive been teamed before, its actually a good challenge.

Apparently getting teamed and ghosted daily by noskill fucktards on the servers is not something an admin of the servers should be bothered about.

:oops:

Perhaps your lack of concern in this regard has something to do with how you circlejerk with the retarded teamcamping cows on vanilla for multiple days every week, some of whom resort to this very same lame crap when they can't get kills.

Unlike some people who have grown accustomed to that completely shit level of ffa play, I'd rather not play q2 at all than be cheated by idiots, and this is taking into account the fact that I regularly destroy 3-4 cru players at a time while they team, and I regularly shit on this ghosting duo to the point where they both disconnect within seconds of each other.

If this continues to become the trend in the ffa servers, anyone left who has some respect for themself and their time is going to vote with their feet. Notice Booya and Optica leaving the game.. both of them can actually play well and are legit, and you side with the aliased cheaters and go "oh it's just part of the game".

If it's that much a part of the game going forward, I'd rather not be.

• Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Well-Reasoned Argument and/or Conclusion
    Demonstrates Exceptional Knowlege of the Game
    Appears Not to Comprehend Game Fundamentals
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Whoosh! You done missed the joke thar Cletus!
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Preposterously Irrational Arguments
    Blindingly Obvious Logical Fallacies
    Absurd Misconstrual of Scientific Principles or Evidence
    Amazing Conspiracy Theory Bro
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline Whirlingdervish

• View Profile
    • The Dervish Depository
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2013, 11:11:12 AM »
Do we really want an empty server except for a couple cheaters who aren't good at q2 and their buddies, or do we want productive skilled players to frequent the server?

Policing it is a matter of watching the demo provided or checking the logs and reacting, which is pretty much the same thing that server admins already do. If, according to your anecdotal evidence, it's not very widespread this would seem like a teency change in the current amount of policing.

As to what you do when people engage in cheating, that's gone on for a long time: It's called banning.

Something being or not being an effective way to "win games" for a certain player does not change the fact that it is cheating. The teaming/ghosting crowd will tell you how they don't care about "winning games" or "hitting the frag limit" so what is their actual goal?

It's actually just to screw people and troll them and in turn make them not want to play q2.
These guys state as much in this very demo. They're trying to make the only other person there quit playing there.

That's the sort of goal that would seem to fly in the face of the purpose of having these servers (for people to play on and enjoy themselves) and it would seem worth policing the people who blatantly show that this is their goal.

Maybe I'm taking crazy pills, but if I paid many dollars for something intended to provide enjoyment to others, and a couple of people who pay nothing towards that went out of their way to ruin that enjoyment for multiple others, I'd consider it well worth my while to prevent them from doing so.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 11:55:54 AM by Whirlingdervish »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline quadz

• Loquaciously Multiloquent Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2013, 12:19:59 PM »
Personally while I'm not bothered much by teaming (which I view as emergent gameplay within the sandbox), I'm pretty sure we've always drawn a line at ghosting.

So if admins have reason to believe a player in spectator is ghosting and relaying positional information about an opponent to their friend(s) then I'd support warning and if necessary temp-banning the ghoster until they get the message.

(In practical terms, it might be helpful to have better admin ability to see at a glance who is spectating whom. But one can sort of tell from the scores in the rcon status, unless the ghoster is free-flying.)

:exqueezeme:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
"He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious."

Offline |iR|Focalor

• Irrepressibly Profuse Member
  • Help Destroy America: VOTE DEMOCRAT
    • View Profile
    • Focalor's Horrible Website: We Rape You Til The Room Stinks
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2013, 02:31:34 PM »
Or... here's another way to deal with it... and try to stay with me here, this gets super complicated...

Nah why leave, I get teamed by aliens all the time, and will herd with a cow or two on occasion  ;) so either deal with it, bring a friend or I guess yes you can leave, but then you are just letting them win....

I'm not "letting them win", I'm just leaving. The ME is no longer a part of it. When lamer shitheads do that shit enough times to enough people, then I guess they're all either gonna have to ghost-cheat/camp each other, or cut it the fuck out and play the damn game normally. Bottom line, I don't change my approach to playing the game, and I shouldn't have to. Meanwhile, they DO change their approach, and it generates complaints based on their douchery. So one of us is likely to get dealt with by a server admin if shit goes on like that long enough. Care to guess which one will receive the spanking?

Camping and teaming by skins is fuckin' lame as hell, but I can accept that it's just gonna be a part of FFA occasionally and it ain't a big deal to me. Ghosting though? Come on, man. That's fucking retarded as hell. You can't get away with it on 1v1/tdm servers, so why should FFA be any different?

Offline BIG DICK RICK

• Swanky Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2013, 07:04:29 PM »

I'm not "letting them win", I'm just leaving. The ME is no longer a part of it. When lamer shitheads do that shit enough times to enough people, then I guess they're all either gonna have to ghost-cheat/camp each other, or cut it the fuck out and play the damn game normally. Bottom line, I don't change my approach to playing the game, and I shouldn't have to. Meanwhile, they DO change their approach, and it generates complaints based on their douchery. So one of us is likely to get dealt with by a server admin if shit goes on like that long enough. Care to guess which one will receive the spanking?

Camping and teaming by skins is fuckin' lame as hell, but I can accept that it's just gonna be a part of FFA occasionally and it ain't a big deal to me. Ghosting though? Come on, man. That's fucking retarded as hell. You can't get away with it on 1v1/tdm servers, so why should FFA be any different?

+1, ghosting is stupid.

inb42fgt get's all excited and starts exclaiming it in all caps words, just because I use vent for teamplay, doesn't mean I'm ghosting.  You've always just been trying to get the better players banned since you can't beat them, so you can self-proclaim that you're the greatfaggotyest person that exists in q2 today.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline 2d

• Carpal Tunnel Member
  • Bow Down to the King
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2013, 11:45:43 PM »
+1, ghosting is stupid.

:big1:

R O F L M A O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reading this garbage is like watching hitler scream "I really do love the jews"

:rocketright: GTFO RICK   :13344-6: :rocketleft:

:lolsign: :lolsign: :lolsign:  :lolsign: :lolsign: :lolsign: :lolsign: :lolsign:

:smiley_ablg:
Futhermore, you keep saying "occupation". It's not an occupation.
Denial is a crime against humanity!

Offline yahoo

• Opulent Member
  • Quake II | Powered by SMF 1.0.9.
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2013, 03:40:35 AM »
Very colorfull post I say
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
Quake II | Powered by SMF 1.0.9.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.

Offline BIG DICK RICK

• Swanky Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2013, 02:42:33 PM »

+1, ghosting is stupid.

inb42fgt get's all excited and starts exclaiming it in all caps words, just because I use vent for teamplay, doesn't mean I'm ghosting.  You've always just been trying to get the better players banned since you can't beat them.

Offline Whirlingdervish

• View Profile
    • The Dervish Depository
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2013, 03:07:16 PM »

+1, ghosting is stupid.

inb42fgt get's all excited and starts exclaiming it in all caps words, just because I use vent for teamplay, doesn't mean I'm ghosting.  You've always just been trying to get the better players banned since you can't beat them.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• Irrepressibly Profuse Member
  • Help Destroy America: VOTE DEMOCRAT
    • View Profile
    • Focalor's Horrible Website: We Rape You Til The Room Stinks
  • Rated:
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2014, 09:02:11 AM »
I'd like to go on record by saying that Vibora is a useless brown newbie who is the belt-loop bitch of every moderately skilled FFA player, and cannot beat Focalor unless he's got backup to 2on1 him, and even then, Vibora and his gay mexican ladyboy lover can barely stay 2 frags ahead when they get lucky and catch me playing too aggressive. Even so, I enjoy the pathetic challenge of his 2on1 voicechat aided intentional douchey/trollish gameplay, and it makes it all the more satisfying to completely and utterly decimate him when he shows up without any backup to prop himself up on. He is an owned little bitch, I have his mothers maiden name tattooed on my ass, and he knows this. This is a statement of fact.

El Box de Shoutamente

Last 10 Shouts:

RyU

September 03, 2024, 05:15:49 PM
And wow Derrick is still playing lol

RyU

September 03, 2024, 05:15:15 PM
Just know yesterday is gone and soon tomorrow will be gone too  :)

Lejionator

August 08, 2024, 07:28:01 PM
It's tiem to QuakeCon!!!  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThQd_UJaTys

ImperiusDamian

July 26, 2024, 09:34:53 PM
In nomine Quake II et Id Software et Spiritus John Carmack, Amen.

QuakeDuke

July 26, 2024, 05:10:30 PM
Hey, shout, summertime blues
Jump up and down in you blue suede shoes
Hey, did you rock and roll? Rock on!!  ...QD

Yotematoi

July 24, 2024, 01:31:20 PM
Ayer me mato 5 veces para robarme en la vida real hará lo mismo? [img]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid0wXU2VgS7atesBcSoMz5BWMJCJajeZFVT6GzSU6TtpJGddN9kLTvWNgcZaskkbKFQl&amp;show_text=true&amp;width=500
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid0wXU2VgS7atesBcSoMz5BWMJCJajeZFVT6GzSU6TtpJGddN9kLTvWNgcZaskkbKFQl&show_text=true&width=500" width="500"

Yotematoi

July 24, 2024, 01:25:59 PM
hi ya está la basura de Martin, se cambió el nombre es un ladron estupido, asi llegó a 10000[img]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&amp;show_text
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&show_text

Yotematoi

July 24, 2024, 01:25:59 PM
hi ya está la basura de Martin, se cambió el nombre es un ladron estupido, asi llegó a 10000[img]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&amp;show_text
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&show_text

-Unh0ly-

July 05, 2024, 05:20:36 AM

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 08:46:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length