Author Topic: Who killed JonBenet Ramsey?  (Read 3247 times)

Offline |iR|Focalor

• Irrepressibly Profuse Member
  • OFFO
    • View Profile
    • Focalor's Lair @ Tastyspleen.net
  • Rated:
Who killed JonBenet Ramsey?
« on: September 19, 2013, 11:06:01 AM »
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_24124759/camera-reporter-sues-boulder-da-seeking-release-ramsey?source=rss

The JonBenet Ramsey murder case is still unsolved after a little over 16 years. Dunno if Boulder County CO has any special unit dedicated to cold cases, but it's safe to assume that at least the state has a couple of cold case teams. Being that it's one of the 3 most famous unsolved murder cases in recent American history (probably along with the Black Dhalia case and Jimmy Hoffa), I'm sure someone has gone back through all the files with a fine tooth comb and probably re-re-re-checked for any DNA evidence that might a score a match somewhere.

It's pretty sad that even 16 or 17 years later, some people STILL think the parents had anything to do with it. If you've ever seen any of the pretty thorough documentaries on TV about the case, you'd know with almost 0 room for doubt that the kids parents had nothing to do with it. They never for once, during, before, or after the investigation, acted in any way that would lead anyone believe they might be guilty of her murder. Yet here we are, 16 years later, and a couple of hacks in the media wanna stir shit up to get the public evil-eye back on the poor girls parents who've already been through enough.

I dunno, just always found this case fascinating because of the lack of solid evidence pointing to anyone even though the quantity of evidence was high. Discussion? Comments? Opinions?
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Well-Reasoned Argument and/or Conclusion
    Demonstrates Exceptional Knowlege of the Game
    Appears Not to Comprehend Game Fundamentals
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Whoosh! You done missed the joke thar Cletus!
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Preposterously Irrational Arguments
    Blindingly Obvious Logical Fallacies
    Absurd Misconstrual of Scientific Principles or Evidence
    Amazing Conspiracy Theory Bro
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline bluemeanies

• Swanky Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
Re: Who killed JonBenet Ramsey?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 12:19:39 PM »
I guess it goes to show you can get away with murder under the right circumstances. The scary thing about this one is that a person capable of child murder has been on the loose for 16 years.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
Quote from: John Kreese
Mercy is for the weak. Here, in the streets, in competition: A man confronts you, he is the enemy. An enemy deserves no mercy.

Offline |iR|Focalor

• OFFO
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 02:49:56 PM »
I guess it goes to show you can get away with murder under the right circumstances.

The authorities ain't gonna plaster it on a freeway billboard for everyone to see because it'll only end up making their job harder, but statistically, only 1/3rd of all murderers are ever caught and convicted. What I take from that is it's not necessarily a roll of the dice if you decide to kill someone. If you kill someone on a spur of the moment, odds are pretty high that you're gonna get caught. So probably 25 to 30% of the ones that get away with it are smart and plan it out to where they'll leave the least amount of evidence possible (or they simply get rid of the unavoidable evidence in an intelligent manner). And then that last 3 to 8% more than likely did kill the victim on a spur of the moment and just got purely lucky that the method and location allowed for no chance of leaving traceable evidence. Just dumb luck.

In the JonBenet Ramsey case, I'd say the crime was probably premeditated clumsily and circumstances at the time the murder occurred probably didn't allow the killer to do exactly what he wanted, which SHOULD have made conditions for the likelihood of him leaving more telling evidence that much greater,... but the way the investigation was mishandled due to investigative incompetence and the media circus surrounding the case allowed for all the "dumb luck" the perpetrator needed to skate by like a ghost.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• OFFO
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 03:00:50 PM »
Adding...

It's no wonder the story became a media circus, too. The murder happened Christmas fuckin' morning, and the victim was some innocent cute little blonde beauty pageant kiddie. The crime scene was gruesome as hell, blood EVERYWHERE. Something like that happens to a 6 year old kid, it's already gonna be a big news story, but when it happens Christmas morning, that's exponentially more shocking and horrifying.

You gotta feel so bad for her folks too. Their 6 year old kid is stabbed a zillion times and killed right under their noses in their own home while they were in bed sleeping and completely unaware. And Christmas is supposed to be a rather HAPPY time of the year that most people always look forward to. What do they have to look forward to every year for the rest of their lives other than remembering what happened on that day. Fuckin' sad.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• OFFO
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 02:37:09 AM »
http://www.newser.com/story/229021/after-20-years-jonbenets-brother-to-break-silence.html

"Doctor" (because he's NOT a fucking doctor of ANYTHING) fuckin' Phil. :ohlord:

Getting close to 20 years since it happened. It's clearly a play for upping the ratings, but I'm still interested to see what her brother has to say about the whole thing. I hope he shits all over the media for convicting his folks of the murder in the court of public opinion before the case ever made it to a court of law. The show is obviously trying to dupe it's idiot daily viewers into thinking that he's gonna tell everyone he knows that it was his parents who killed her, but since there's no way that could be true due to the DNA evidence, there's about -10% chance of that happening.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline QwazyWabbit

• Carpal Tunnel Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 11:08:14 PM »
Adding...

It's no wonder the story became a media circus, too. The murder happened Christmas fuckin' morning, and the victim was some innocent cute little blonde beauty pageant kiddie. The crime scene was gruesome as hell, blood EVERYWHERE. Something like that happens to a 6 year old kid, it's already gonna be a big news story, but when it happens Christmas morning, that's exponentially more shocking and horrifying.

You gotta feel so bad for her folks too. Their 6 year old kid is stabbed a zillion times and killed right under their noses in their own home while they were in bed sleeping and completely unaware. And Christmas is supposed to be a rather HAPPY time of the year that most people always look forward to. What do they have to look forward to every year for the rest of their lives other than remembering what happened on that day. Fuckin' sad.

I don't know where you get your information from but she was hit on the head and strangled, covered in a blanket and hidden in the wine cellar section of the basement. Nobody found her for 8 hours after she was reported missing according to the reports.

There was DNA found on the victim that was inconsistent with the family DNA, indicating an outsider was a likely perpetrator.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• OFFO
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 04:59:28 AM »
My bad. Yeah, I don't know where I got that info either, straight from my ass apparently, lol. I wish I knew. 3 years since that post.

:oops:

I also seemed to be of the firm opinion that her parents were 100% free of any guilt. Another pretty stupid thing to say. Again, my bad. Just because the unknown male DNA found on the body doesn't match any family members that doesn't mean they weren't involved. The body was found inside their own house, so their fingerprints are gonna be located all over the house and likely the area surrounding the body. There's really no way to tell how old fingerprints are that I know of, so they can't say any given immediate family members prints were put there in the time frame between when the murder occurred and when the body was discovered.

DNA and fingerprints seem to rule out the folks, but there's a few very odd things about the case. The ransom letter leads you to believe that the person knew John Ramsey. Some have said the handwriting in it looks like it could've been written by Patsy Ramsey. Also, the makeshift tool used to strangle JonBenet is a little strange. Most people who are gonna strangle someone with a cord or rope don't go through the trouble of cinching a handle on it to make it proper garrote. Makes me think the person had military or martial arts training. At some point a grand jury seemed to think that indicting the Ramseys for child abuse and accessory to murder was the thing to do. I've yet to see or hear about what evidence led them to that conclusion, dunno if it's publicly available.

Just fucking weird. I don't have a kid, but if I did and it wasn't in bed in the morning when I got up, I'd be fucking frantic and I'd look in EVERY room of the house regardless of the presence of a ransom note. I'd be lost in a sea of anger and grief for the rest of my life wondering WHO did this to my child. I'd want that person's head on a fucking platter RIGHT NOW. So if the attempt at a grand jury indictment said in so many words that the Ramseys didn't personally kill their daughter but they may have known who DID and they may have actively hindered the authorities in their efforts to discover who the person was guilty... they could have a pretty good point there.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 05:20:15 AM by |iR|Focalor »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

El Box de Shoutamente

Last 10 Shouts:

|iR|Focalor

October 17, 2019, 12:48:27 PM
Servers are doing it again.

0rbisson

October 12, 2019, 04:21:10 AM
Miss this game. Will come back for 1 last run some day

dataspel

October 10, 2019, 04:03:16 PM
back up thanks sir!

Admin

October 10, 2019, 03:53:32 PM
Strange, seems UDP packets are being blocked somewhere in the datacenter.

Oh, of course as I type this it starts working again. (Was about to submit a trouble ticket. Let's see if it holds up.)

dataspel

October 10, 2019, 03:51:10 PM
Servers down?

|iR|Focalor

October 10, 2019, 03:37:00 PM
Multiple people were experiencing it earlier. (fatknitty, etc) Several people timed out and DC'd in spurts. It's apparently doing it again.

|iR|Focalor

October 10, 2019, 03:32:24 PM
Definitely not.

Admin

October 10, 2019, 02:32:01 PM
Servers seem OK here?

|iR|Focalor

October 10, 2019, 02:07:52 PM
Yer servers are broke.

rikwad

October 06, 2019, 07:44:06 AM
Neat textures Unholy..thanks for the work! I have Elysium's deathmatch skins here if anyone wants:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1soI5iUSdbjULSevQTTWcbtSxhjh8R6__/view?usp=sharing

The ones you put up are his team skins, I think. Thanks again!

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 18, 2019, 12:48:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length