Author Topic: Current Politics & History Only Thread  (Read 117982 times)

Offline |iR|Focalor

• Irrepressibly Profuse Member
  • OFFO
    • View Profile
    • Focalor's Lair @ Tastyspleen.net
  • Rated:
Re: Current Politics & History Only Thread
« Reply #435 on: October 03, 2017, 02:27:57 AM »
I just wish there could be something done at the manufacturer to hinder turning this shit to auto. I'm sure there is.

That's the thing, they ALREADY do this. A novice garage fabricator won't be able to make the necessary parts or modify existing ones to convert the firing mechanism and upper receiver to something capable of firing the weapon like a machinegun. With some older AK format rifles, it was a simple process of removing the firing pin and filing off the catch portion that prevents the pin from repeatedly slapping forward. You can't do that with AR platform rifles. You have to completely replace pieces of the upper and lower receiver to not only mod the weapon to be full auto, but also to be able to safely operate under those MUCH higher temps and pressures. In most cases, you'd probably want to replace and upgrade the barrel as well. Some cheap off-the-shelf AR platform rifle bought at a local walmart is probably not high quality enough fire 30 rounds in 8 seconds and still keep the grooves in the barrel from melting and deforming. :D

Thing is... yeah, we can go ahead and ban ALL firearms. We can have everyone turn in their guns, even the criminals, and NO ONE can have guns anymore. It won't stop crazy people from doing crazy shit. People will make bombs. People will drive cars and trucks into large crowds of people. People will use poisons, chemicals, or biological weapons.

It doesn't matter what side of the gun control issue you're on, answer this question for yourself:
If for some reason YOU really really really wanted something, would one or two minor obstacles completely prevent a determined goal oriented person like you from achieving success and obtaining your goal? Nah, probably not. You're gonna go out and GET that shit. That thing belongs to you already, it just doesn't know it yet.

Now... let's say you were angry or mentally disturbed enough for that THING you wanted to be "the death of someone or lots of someones" and the obstacle was "gun control". Because even crazy and angry people are goal oriented go-getters.

As I've said before in another thread about North Korea, this planet operates on prison rules. Certain people will always do shit with little regard for ethics and morality because they CAN and nothing real and physical prevents them from doing it.

And besides all that... It isn't FAIR that a handful of crazies can do crazy shit with THEIR guns and it might eventually mean that the gov't will want to ban MY guns and punish ME for something I had no part in or control over. So... yeah, fuck you, gun control advocates. Suck my titties.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Well-Reasoned Argument and/or Conclusion
    Demonstrates Exceptional Knowlege of the Game
    Appears Not to Comprehend Game Fundamentals
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Whoosh! You done missed the joke thar Cletus!
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Preposterously Irrational Arguments
    Blindingly Obvious Logical Fallacies
    Absurd Misconstrual of Scientific Principles or Evidence
    Amazing Conspiracy Theory Bro
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline bluemeanies

• Swanky Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #436 on: October 03, 2017, 07:26:28 AM »
Supposedly this shit bag used a bump stock. There were two found in the room with his arsenal. Let's you shoot 400-800 rounds per minute. Accuracy not needed with what he was doing and legal to purchase...for now. Trigger crank or gat crank lets you do the same thing. I hadn't ever heard of those devices until now.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
Quote from: John Kreese
Mercy is for the weak. Here, in the streets, in competition: A man confronts you, he is the enemy. An enemy deserves no mercy.

Offline haunted

• Inexorably Palaverous Member
  • I am hollywood.
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #437 on: October 03, 2017, 08:04:21 AM »
I just wish there could be something done at the manufacturer to hinder turning this shit to auto. I'm sure there is.

That's the thing, they ALREADY do this. A novice garage fabricator won't be able to make the necessary parts or modify existing ones to convert the firing mechanism and upper receiver to something capable of firing the weapon like a machinegun. With some older AK format rifles, it was a simple process of removing the firing pin and filing off the catch portion that prevents the pin from repeatedly slapping forward. You can't do that with AR platform rifles. You have to completely replace pieces of the upper and lower receiver to not only mod the weapon to be full auto, but also to be able to safely operate under those MUCH higher temps and pressures. In most cases, you'd probably want to replace and upgrade the barrel as well. Some cheap off-the-shelf AR platform rifle bought at a local walmart is probably not high quality enough fire 30 rounds in 8 seconds and still keep the grooves in the barrel from melting and deforming. :D

Thing is... yeah, we can go ahead and ban ALL firearms. We can have everyone turn in their guns, even the criminals, and NO ONE can have guns anymore. It won't stop crazy people from doing crazy shit. People will make bombs. People will drive cars and trucks into large crowds of people. People will use poisons, chemicals, or biological weapons.

It doesn't matter what side of the gun control issue you're on, answer this question for yourself:
If for some reason YOU really really really wanted something, would one or two minor obstacles completely prevent a determined goal oriented person like you from achieving success and obtaining your goal? Nah, probably not. You're gonna go out and GET that shit. That thing belongs to you already, it just doesn't know it yet.

Now... let's say you were angry or mentally disturbed enough for that THING you wanted to be "the death of someone or lots of someones" and the obstacle was "gun control". Because even crazy and angry people are goal oriented go-getters.

As I've said before in another thread about North Korea, this planet operates on prison rules. Certain people will always do shit with little regard for ethics and morality because they CAN and nothing real and physical prevents them from doing it.

And besides all that... It isn't FAIR that a handful of crazies can do crazy shit with THEIR guns and it might eventually mean that the gov't will want to ban MY guns and punish ME for something I had no part in or control over. So... yeah, fuck you, gun control advocates. Suck my titties.

I wasn't aware of the specifics that were already in place, but did know there was something in place. Something additional, I don't know. Regarding the high temperatures and melting, yes, that's why I laughed at Hillary's tweet with just slapping a "silencer" on.

Bluemeanies: I saw/heard that also, but I also heard that he had 10 modified auto weapons as well. I'm waiting for something more definitive to be released. The video sounds auto to me.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline haunted

• Inexorably Palaverous Member
  • I am hollywood.
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #438 on: October 03, 2017, 06:41:56 PM »
 :dohdohdoh:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• OFFO
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #439 on: October 04, 2017, 04:44:21 AM »
Yeah, well a gat crank is gonna sound full auto because it makes your semiauto weapon fire at a rate similar to a full auto. Models vary from weapon to weapon, but basically it attaches to your trigger and trigger guard ring in two interlocking pieces. A small crank handle hangs out of the right side and as you turn it, there is gear that either directly contacts and depresses the trigger, or there is another spring loaded lever that strikes the trigger as the cog turns. Kinda like a gatling gun, thus the name gat crank.

These things started getting very popular a couple of years ago through youtube demo videos people were posting. I knew then when I saw it that it was just a matter of time before someone used one for NON fun purposes. ::)

The only way to kill lots of people with one would be in a situation like what just happened. To operate it, you're really only holding the weapon with one hand. Not only is that EXTREMELY dangerous for the operator and anyone nearby, but it makes it very inaccurate, aka spray-n-pray.

You can attach one to virtually ANY semi automatic firearm, including an automatic shotgun. But as I said before, it's very dangerous, and you gotta be a little crazy to attempt using it. There's no guarantee that your rifle or shotguns chamber or barrel won't explode and blow your face off.

So if you want one... better get one now. The damn things WILL be outlawed very soon. If any brick and mortar retailers carry them, they might have already pulled them off the shelves just to protect themselves and their company image... which is exactly what Kmart did after Columbine. You used to be able to buy a pistol at stores like Kmart. Not anymore, not after they got blasted for being the retailer that sold the guns used in the shooting.

Not that banning them will stop anyone from having them. With 3D printers these days, you could make one yourself. With a few parts from a local hardware store, any idiot could make a crudely designed one.

I'm obviously firmly against a total firearm ban. I'm an NRA member myself. Gun rights is an important issue to me. But I do consider myself not only a moderate, but a REALIST. There is NO LEGITIMATE PURPOSE for a gat crank. It's fun, sure. But it's dangerous as fuck. I'm totally okay with them wanting to ban them. In fact I was HOPING they would when I first saw them a few years ago. Sucks that it took something like THIS to draw attention to it.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline quadz

• Phenomenally Prodigious Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #440 on: October 12, 2017, 04:34:40 PM »
Interesting, non-sensationalized collection of conflicting accounts of what transpired the night of the Vegas shooting. Including a number of witness accounts and corresponding police radio chatter, indicating automatic weapons fire at other hotels at different times during that evening. Strange. (Certainly one expects a lot of confusion during an event like this. But still. Some of the reports from other hotels were quite a distance away. Not sure what to make of it.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3y8924sKZI
<span data-s9e-mediaembed="youtube" style="display:inline-block;width:100%;max-width:640px"><span style="display:block;overflow:hidden;position:relative;padding-bottom:56.25%"><iframe allowfullscreen="" scrolling="no" style="background:url(https://i.ytimg.com/vi/f3y8924sKZI/hqdefault.jpg) 50% 50% / cover;border:0;height:100%;left:0;position:absolute;width:100%" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/f3y8924sKZI"></iframe></span></span><br /><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/f3y8924sKZI" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/f3y8924sKZI</a>

:exqueezeme:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
"He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious."

Offline R. Hayabusa

• Swanky Member
    • View Profile
    • Lithium CTF Files
  • Rated:
« Reply #441 on: October 13, 2017, 08:23:39 AM »
i'd love to watch 45 minutes of this and find out some more answers but i can't. i got money to make. paltry dollars for my meager existence, always on the journey yearning for a greater one.

my girlfriend (if you can believe that) said she don't believe in any conspiracies. so if this rational guy in this video and fellow skeptics like quadz believe there might be something to this, then she MIGHT be able to crack open her mind and have something put in it.she hates me so much, she wants to to upload photoshopped dildo onto my pics to show you guys lol. since she knows you all hate me lol

P.S. where the fuck is everyone on tuesday nights on Ra2? (i subscribed to tastycast on twitch)

Offline quadz

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #442 on: October 14, 2017, 06:15:39 PM »
so if this rational guy in this video and fellow skeptics like quadz believe there might be something to this

I anticipate the most banal interpretations of events are frequently correct.

I don't see a logical problem with the massacre being plotted and carried out by a single individual.

But I'd also like explanations for some of the footage from other locations which seem to capture hotels on lockdown a mile away, whose patrons express the belief that the news should be instead reporting on shots fired at their own location.

Since it would seem no-one was injured at these other locations, one wonders what spurred the panic (and the reported hearing of nearby automatic rifle fire.) If there are no bullet impacts to be found, did someone drive by playing machinegun fire on a loudspeaker?

Again, I dunno. Could be some sort of opportunistic prank (happening an hour after the actual shooting.) Beats me.

:huh:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
"He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious."

Offline |iR|Focalor

• OFFO
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #443 on: October 16, 2017, 05:52:48 AM »
Alex Jones is a government tool to spread the virus of stupidity and get shitheads like Donald Trump elected.

Is that a conspiracy theory you can get down with?
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline quadz

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #444 on: October 16, 2017, 11:41:39 AM »
Alex Jones is a government tool to spread the virus of stupidity and get shitheads like Donald Trump elected.

Is that a conspiracy theory you can get down with?

If we subtract out any hypothetical deep state involvement, would we expect his show to be any different?

• Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• OFFO
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #445 on: October 16, 2017, 01:38:38 PM »
I was actually talking to jaquilol.

I just think far too many people take Alex Jones seriously. At this point, his career DEPENDS on idiots taking him seriously. And I for one think he truly believes only 1% of his own bullshit is the actual truth, and the other 99%, much like a megachurch TV preacher (like that ever-smilin' Joel Osteen), is telling the idiots exactly what they want to hear to keep them throwing dollar bills at him. *SMILING*"God loves everyone" *SMILING* "God has a plan for your life" *SMILING* "God says stone the homose... let's ignore that part." *SMILING*

Have you ever heard someone interview Joel Osteen and ask him uncomfortable non-predetermined questions. He reminds me of Jack Lemmon as that slick sleazeball salesman in Glengarry Glen Ross. Am I right? Every word out of his mouth and every expression on his face is another attempt to mindfuck you. And you see it so clear, and you hate him so deeply for it, and you wonder how everyone else can be so stupid that they CAN'T see exactly what you see in him.

Anyway, yeah, Alex Jones is as big of a piece of shit as Joel Osteen.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline quadz

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #446 on: October 21, 2017, 02:40:07 PM »
Scott Adams tweeted, in reference to the following video:

"This captures the hypnotist's worldview: Humans only IMAGINE they use facts and reason to make decisions."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctz_dHfYfb8
<span data-s9e-mediaembed="youtube" style="display:inline-block;width:100%;max-width:640px"><span style="display:block;overflow:hidden;position:relative;padding-bottom:56.25%"><iframe allowfullscreen="" scrolling="no" style="background:url(https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Ctz_dHfYfb8/hqdefault.jpg) 50% 50% / cover;border:0;height:100%;left:0;position:absolute;width:100%" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ctz_dHfYfb8"></iframe></span></span><br /><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ctz_dHfYfb8" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ctz_dHfYfb8</a>

:dohdohdoh:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline quadz

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #447 on: November 03, 2017, 08:44:55 AM »

Mmmmmm. Consistency!

• Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• OFFO
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #448 on: November 03, 2017, 09:15:54 AM »
Dear goat fucking child molesting shit colored Muslims,

I'm sorry for being white. I'm sorry that you are too stupid to know what a Nazi is. It's a shame too. Since both of you hate jews so much, you'd probably get along great.

PS. had YOU PEOPLE not been so Nazi-like and started genociding the Armenians in the early 1900's, the Armenians wouldn't have had to flee to America, and the entire world would probably be Kardashian-less right now. Thanks for that, assholes. Your turn to apologize, shitheads.

So... Jews, Armenians, now white Americans... and we're the assholes? Fuck you very much please.

• Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline quadz

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #449 on: November 05, 2017, 09:49:31 AM »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

El Box de Shoutamente

Last 10 Shouts:

NIN-IceWolf

Today at 10:29:19 AM
It's the sole reason I am a mapper now, hail Trenchbroom! It's the revolutionary editor I needed over a decade ago! Could not deal with the other editors and their clunkiness.

Prophet

September 21, 2019, 02:04:42 PM
Wow, that Q1 vid was one hell of a throwback lol.  Quake games were fun and spooky with NIN music in the background.

Er!c@

September 20, 2019, 04:17:40 PM
so uh what are the odds of getting some ra2 nights going again? i miss quake2 but ffa doesnt do it for me

quadz

September 15, 2019, 01:18:02 PM
fun retrospective (nightmare)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whizTpYtWxA

Uberphawx

September 15, 2019, 05:33:58 AM
Yeah, prophylactics are always an option, specially when you are doing it with something you think it has something "stormy" inside...
Stay safe folks...

ImperiusDamian

September 14, 2019, 02:09:14 PM
Well, obviously one has to use protection when fucking any kind of tropical weather system.

|iR|Focalor

September 14, 2019, 09:56:57 AM
If a hurricane blows your house down, call STD Contractors.

Uberphawx

September 14, 2019, 04:29:27 AM
You should use a condom first...
If it has hepatitis or gonorrhea or some kind of tropical STD then you may want to be safe first...

ImperiusDamian

September 13, 2019, 05:08:30 PM
fuck hurricanes up the ass. >:(

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2019, 01:51:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length