Author Topic: Satanic statue flap in Oklahoma  (Read 2325 times)

Offline |iR|Focalor

• Irrepressibly Profuse Member
  • Help Destroy America: VOTE DEMOCRAT
    • View Profile
    • Focalor's Horrible Website: We Rape You Til The Room Stinks
  • Rated:
Satanic statue flap in Oklahoma
« on: January 07, 2014, 02:26:45 AM »
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/satanists-unveil-design-okla-capitol-monument-21440030

I have nothing against Satanism. I used to associate myself with it, and while I still find no fault in most of it's principles other than the "magic" chapters of it and the boring pointless politicking that goes on with the Church of Satan (my two main reasons for resigning my membership), I view it on the whole as harmless nerdery not much different than when people engross themselves in Star Wars fandom. Nevertheless, I still think it's pretty fucking ridiculous that these weirdos want to put up a Baphomet statue in front of the Oklahoma capitol. I know what the religion is all about. It ain't jack shit for anyone to be frightened of. Like I said, these days I look at the people involved in "Satanism" kinda similar to the way I look at Star Wars freaks. They're just goofy fucking nerds. So if you think there's something truly sinister and nihilist about it, know that there really isn't, and just look at it like I do... and imagine someone telling you they want to erect a fuckin' Darth Vader statue in front of the White House. :D

Personally, I'd say HELL NO. Yeah, ME, I'd say no. I wouldn't want something so ridiculously tacky sitting in front of my states capitol building. I don't think religious shit of ANY KIND belongs in front of a government building, including the Ten Commandments. "Separation of church and state" is pretty clear in the constitution. And while I'm not retarded enough to believe or say that having the Ten Commandments on the lawn of the capitol is gonna lead to the government eventually forcing people to attend church every Sunday, I still don't think it should be tolerated being present there. Our elected officials are inside of these government buildings to DO THEIR JOBS WE ELECTED THEM TO DO, part of which is upholding the constitution of the United States. They are paid with taxpayer money collected from EVERYONE, the same money that paid to erect the buildings where these ridiculous religion-promoting statues are wanting to be set out in front of. And not EVERYONE believes the same thing. If you want to build a Jesus statue in front of your church or your own home, GO FOR IT! Make that shit as fugly as you want! But leave my god damn city hall, county courthouse, and state capitol buildings out of it.

On the other hand...

Since a statue of the Ten Commandments is already there... ;D ...I think these yo-yo's ABSOLUTELY SHOULD be permitted to erect a Baphomet statue. And here's why:

It'll cost these people 20,000+ bucks to build it. That's THEIR money, no one elses. Taxpayers won't pay a dime for any part of it. And once they DO complete it, people will fucking hate it so much that they'll be forced to have a vote on whether or not to allow "religious" statues of any kind in front of government buildings. And when everyone votes NO in order to get the Satanic statue removed... they'll have to remove the Ten Commandments too. Sure, these Satanist nerds will be out 20,000 dollars when they do, but who gives a shit, it ain't MY money! And maybe then, for once in their lives, these Satanic "organizations" will have finally effected some kind of real and relevant change in the world... rather than just talking about all the shit they see wrong with society and how it should change.

And the funny thing is... according to the US government, Satanism is a recognized and viable religion. And all of the Satanic "religious" organizations PAY TAXES... whereas most other churches that believe in and revere the Ten Commandments, DO NOT pay taxes. So if anyone has more of a "right" to erect religious statues on state property, it's the Satanists who paid up. ::)
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Well-Reasoned Argument and/or Conclusion
    Demonstrates Exceptional Knowlege of the Game
    Appears Not to Comprehend Game Fundamentals
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Whoosh! You done missed the joke thar Cletus!
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Preposterously Irrational Arguments
    Blindingly Obvious Logical Fallacies
    Absurd Misconstrual of Scientific Principles or Evidence
    Amazing Conspiracy Theory Bro
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline fdrjk

• Brobdingnagian Member
  • gotta be above it
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
Re: Satanic statue flap in Oklahoma
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 09:35:39 AM »
"The statue will also have a functional purpose as a chair where people of all ages may sit on the lap of Satan for inspiration and contemplation."

rofl
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Well-Reasoned Argument and/or Conclusion
    Demonstrates Exceptional Knowlege of the Game
    Appears Not to Comprehend Game Fundamentals
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Whoosh! You done missed the joke thar Cletus!
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Preposterously Irrational Arguments
    Blindingly Obvious Logical Fallacies
    Absurd Misconstrual of Scientific Principles or Evidence
    Amazing Conspiracy Theory Bro
    Racist Ignoramus

El Box de Shoutamente

Last 10 Shouts:

-Unh0ly-

March 18, 2024, 03:51:45 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjGjxwHT6ok

played guitar drums bass and sang cuz everyone too lame to start a band with me

0rbisson

March 14, 2024, 04:29:08 AM
HT1 or whatever the stupid map name is instant server killer. the map is trash, Everyone leaves

Costigan_Q2

March 10, 2024, 04:00:02 PM
This is my fave TS post.

And quadz posted it - some ppl must haaate that. :)

-Unh0ly-

February 29, 2024, 08:35:47 AM
MONDAY NIGHT RAILWARZ GAMES   74.91.120.171:27910 -- BIG FUCKIN GAMES.... LETS GO!!!!!!!

|iR|Focalor

February 29, 2024, 01:19:58 AM

|iR|Focalor

February 27, 2024, 12:23:01 AM

0rbisson

February 26, 2024, 11:38:19 AM
player "shogun" known hacker back on ts servers. http://forum.tastyspleen.net/quake/index.php?topic=21160.msg201752#msg201752

|iR|Focalor

February 17, 2024, 10:11:59 PM

Costigan_Q2

February 16, 2024, 07:45:01 AM
Almost 4 months ey? that's a new record.

Last accepted: profile;u=7126
Date Registered:17-10-2023
WaKy-FeLa

Last registered: profile;u=7150
Date Registered:09-02-2024
damsonpharmacy

0rbisson

February 14, 2024, 10:51:18 PM
pings back up to 400+ on dm

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:29:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length