Author Topic: Tasty Spleen TMG Railwarz server please!?  (Read 22331 times)

Offline ex

• Carpal Tunnel Member
  • :>
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
Re: TMG Railwarz server. Insta Gib CTF. with laser hook and fast reload for rail.
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2012, 10:28:55 PM »
10:05 pm still 120 ms ping at ACME RWZ still 40 ms ping at TS Railz... would be 40ms at TS RWZ too! where is TS RWZ???   i have a 45ms ping at acme resort same ip different port number but 130ms at all other acme ports....

if only there was a TS rwz server in dallas texas!  life would be so much more simpler

First off, if there's a rwz server put up on the Dallas box, my 15 ping will shit all over your dreams.  FYI I'm a beast railer on my low ping.  :p

But it seems the issue isn't one with needing to have another server...seems like the issue is with the different ports @ ACME.  If you ping 45 to ACME main, why not drop WORM a line about it on his forums?  He's always been eager to help people with connectivity issues.  Hell, he was on networklayer's ass for several months about the lag storms they were experiencing @ ACME.

Try hitting up the source first before jumping ship.  ;>
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Well-Reasoned Argument and/or Conclusion
    Demonstrates Exceptional Knowlege of the Game
    Appears Not to Comprehend Game Fundamentals
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Whoosh! You done missed the joke thar Cletus!
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Preposterously Irrational Arguments
    Blindingly Obvious Logical Fallacies
    Absurd Misconstrual of Scientific Principles or Evidence
    Amazing Conspiracy Theory Bro
    Racist Ignoramus
VaeVictis:
i find it funny that you even consider grammar a sign of intelligence, that itself is a very uneducated claim

http://alldeadmormonsarenowgay.com/

Offline ex

• Carpal Tunnel Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
Re: TMG Railwarz server. Insta Gib CTF. with laser hook and fast reload for rail.
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2012, 10:32:05 PM »
Plus, it's totally possible to play with a high ping. I know some people who can't aim without something like a 90 ping, and they always miss on a 30 or 50 ping just because they're so used to it.

I believe they were referring to the superfast hook (and other hooks/grapples) which having a high ping makes very difficult to utilize properly.  And I agree completely.  If you are dealing with 100+ ping, hooking is a nightmare...just ain't happenin.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
VaeVictis:
i find it funny that you even consider grammar a sign of intelligence, that itself is a very uneducated claim

Offline bvughtoonice

• Swanky Member
  • Join Quake Legacy Mod Revival Discord!
    • View Profile
    • Mod Revival made easy on discord chat!
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2012, 10:52:51 PM »
Im not that worried about my Ping.... it sucks it goes up only for a few hours and generally during the time when people are actually on the TMG Railwarz server.... but it is temporary it might fix its self someday... i could switch to comcast internet n most likely not have the problem....

if anyone would play after 12am midnight i ping 40 on the server... okay great its a minor issue..

I started this Post Because Tastyspleen has a Server for EVERYTHING!!!!!

so after reading a Post about a AQ2 Team play server.... on this forum... i was inspired to ask the same for a Tasty Spleen Railwarz Server...

i  have been playing 10+ years in the Railwarz Rail CTF Instagib and Railz Rail only Mods.... I have been Playing on Acme Railwarz Server since i was 15 years old im 26 now....

I Love everything ACME has done for the Railwarz TMG Mod... I will always play on the ACME Server as long as its running and as long as there is people on it i LOVE ACME because i love RAILWARZ!

okay with all that being said....

I started this post in hopes Tasty spleen could add a TMG Railwarz Server to their Dallas Box because they dont have Railwarz server... They have a Railz server... and i love playing on that server... there is no hook its rail only there are only so many maps but i love the rail gun and i love the Railz mod... just not as much as i love the TMG Railwarz mod... which is CTF Capture the Flag... with off hand Laser hook and the railgun reloads quite a bit quicker than in the Railz mod....

Ive been getting plenty of help from some very helpful people WORM and ALKA thank you guys so much for being so attentive about my connectivity issues..

This paticular Thread is about TastySpleen TMG Railwarz server being added onto the Dallas TS Box....

I am not jumping ship on ACME TMG Railwarz server i dont even look at it that way...

When and if a "2nd" Railwarz server is put on tasty spleen box... i will simply have two options as what server to go to... 90% of the time they will both be empty... 90% of every q2 server no matter what its called or located or what mod it is is EMPTY big deal its an old game...

My only Request is that Tastyspleen add a TMG Railwarz Mod to their List of servers....I think it would be great for the mod...

some of you think it would be bad for the mod... thats great that you guys are so pessimistic... i dont wanna hear any pessimism hear please...

Now to Defend my point of view... about a "2nd TMG Railwarz server" will not be bad for the TMG Railwarz mod...

Lets Talk about Tasty Spleen Railz. and Acme Railz servers...

Acme Railz    is a server for the Railz mod... Tasty spleen Railz is a server for the Railz mod. they are two different servers in two different locations...... but no one has anything negative to say about that now do they????

but if ACME Railz was up first and BEaver made a post on TASTYSPLEEN FOrum asking if a TASTYspleen Railz would go up....  it would be a whole nother story

it would go a little like this
NO BEAVER THATLL FRAGMENT THE RAILZ COMMunity... from my experience itll kill the mod ............................

But TS Railz was up first..... and ACME Railz was later added.... and beaver never had the opportunity to ask.... so there now exist two servers for one mod.... ACME Railz and Tastyspleen Railz.... but no one is bitching about ACME RAilz killing the Railz mod why??? whats wrong with you people cant you see its "fragmenting the railz community" <------------thats a joke hope you get it

SO this is like the 10th time ive wrote something in reference to ACME Railz and TS Railz and not once has anyone had anything to say in reply alll you guys can say is how a TMG RAILwarz server from Tasty spleen is a horrible idea splitting fragmenting dividing killing the mod....

SO PLEASE Take down ACME RAILZ server its killing Railz mod.. (SARCASM)

why am i sarcastic..??? because im pretending i am all the people who thinks two servers will kill a mod... i honestly truly believe it wont hurt a thing....

i only think in a positive manner....

ACME RAILZ! is great for the Railz! mod as it is located in DC an alternate location for Railz style deathmatch.....

i can also go to TASTYspleen railz! located in Dallas texas.... same mod... different server location... slightly different map list....

Too bad i cant go to Tastyspleen Railwarz or even suggest the idea... with out getting a buncha garbage spit at me...

NOW does any one see my logic??

if not please tell me how horrible it is having 2 Railz servers.... ACME Railz! and TS Railz......
maybe theres more than 2 Railz servers....

but 2 TMG Railwarz servers is outta the question!
ACME Railz! 173.192.216.18:27916
TS Railz 67.228.69.114:27911
ageispolis Railz 67.222.146.23:27910
q2 lithium railz 72.14.187.229:27912 maybe this one has laser hook? (so it doesnt count)
q2 faded.org Rail server 64.85.160.49:27911

If there can be 4 Railz Servers....

Can we PLEASE get a 2nd TMG RailWarz server Tasty spleen???

• Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
Bring more Life back to your favorite mod! on discord chat!#gloom #vortex #qpong #kots #giex #q2jump #ra2 #wod #wodx #railwarz #LMCTF #LFireCTF #expertctf https://quakelegacy.com/

Offline ex

• Carpal Tunnel Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2012, 11:46:09 PM »
Im not that worried about my Ping.... it sucks it goes up only for a few hours and generally during the time when people are actually on the TMG Railwarz server.... but it is temporary it might fix its self someday... i could switch to comcast internet n most likely not have the problem....

From what you've just described, it sounds like you're having a peak-hours usage issue with the node you're on.  It's overloaded during the primetime hours (6 pm thru midnight).  To tell you the truth, having a TS rwz server up won't help you on this issue.  You'll still be lagged all to hell during those peak-use hours.

The real solution would be, as you mentioned, to switch ISPs.  Either that, or call up your ISP and bitch them out over the issue.  Not saying they'd be able to fix it, but it's worth a shot.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
VaeVictis:

Offline bvughtoonice

• Swanky Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
Re: Tasty Spleen TMG Railwarz server please!?
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2012, 11:57:05 PM »
Thank you ex... but  ive been connecting to q2 servers everyday for the past few weeks at various times... i only have issues connecting to ACME server... im sure its due to routing like Worm has said...

When i have 120ms at ACME Railwarz... I always have 40 ms at Tastyspleen server.. my ping NEVER GOES UP AT Tasty spleen server i have no routing issues to tasty spleen server... my playing experience is FLAWLESS at tasty spleen server...

sometimes i go to ACME Last resort and i have a 40 ping... i go to ACME Railwarz same ip different port and i have 120 ping..... i go to all the other acme servers... and its sititng at 80 or 90.....

all withing a 30 minute span.... i think its crazy i can ping 45 on acme last resort and 130 on acme Railz 120 on Acme TMG Railwarz and 90 on acme kick ass no techs...

but not once has my ping ever gone above 40-50 on any tastyspleen server... even while im having issues with acme server.... they are only at the acme server no other server. i check this very thoroughly...
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
Bring more Life back to your favorite mod! on discord chat!#gloom #vortex #qpong #kots #giex #q2jump #ra2 #wod #wodx #railwarz #LMCTF #LFireCTF #expertctf https://quakelegacy.com/

Offline VaeVictis

• i was -1 because you fucking suck
  • Brobdingnagian Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2012, 01:04:41 AM »
you are using railz as a comparison to railwarz? you do realize they are completely different mods right? anyone who plays anything can hop into railz, there is some regular players that will hop in but they usually just play ffa until some one is on the railz server

railwarz on the other hand has a specific group of ctf and railz players that go to the one server to get team matches up.... being that the community isnt built up from random players connecting from other servers, and its a team mod.... it makes the comparison you are trying to make totally invalid

think about it this way... will having a ts rwz server bring new people in? more than just one or two? will some one from the west coast who just WOULD NOT play the mod hop in? its highly doubtful... its on the goto, people in ts know about it already, and anyone who wants to play it is already playing it

if it doesnt bring new people in, the only option is to divide the existing player base over two servers... which dilutes the mod, and being a team mod can keep games from even happening... just get your connection fixed, in this case it would be better overall to keep your eggs in one basket
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline ex

• Carpal Tunnel Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2012, 01:21:02 AM »
First step for you beaver, would be to contact your ISP and see if they can do anything to improve your connection.  If that doesn't help, convene with WORM/alka and try to get the issue resolved that way.  As a last resort, switch to a new ISP and see if that helps.  If all this fails, you're probably just screwed due to your location.  Only solution at that point would be to move.  :)
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
VaeVictis:

Offline bvughtoonice

• Swanky Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2012, 01:23:54 AM »
i have no connection problems to TS servers at anytime night or day thank you... now lets get back to positive support for Tastyspleen Railwarz server and stop talking about my connection please.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline VaeVictis

• Brobdingnagian Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2012, 01:27:39 AM »
i have no connection problems to TS servers at anytime night or day thank you... now lets get back to positive support for Tastyspleen Railwarz server and stop talking about my connection please.

despite what the title says, this thread is REALLY bout your connection...

"my connection sux to this server! put another one up for me!"

its fully possible, i just dont think it would be in everyones best interest.... only yours... so fix the connection, and tada, you don't need a new server either, everyone is happy
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline bvughtoonice

• Swanky Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2012, 01:31:59 AM »
as much as i care for this server being added to the list of 100s of empty servers... you care just as much to add you negative opinion to help sway the minds that its some selfish act for myself....

why are you like venom... why are you so ugly... why are you so anti this server goes... up... why do you even care.... why do you waste your time and energy commenting on a mod you dont even play.... please go away... i never played railwarz with you you probally never will play so go away your bad for the air... why dont you go bad mouth some one elses thread or go tell people who wanna play team play action quake 2 that they can play some other game....
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline VaeVictis

• Brobdingnagian Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2012, 01:39:28 AM »
as much as i care for this server being added to the list of 100s of empty servers... you care just as much to add you negative opinion to help sway the minds that its some selfish act for myself....

why are you like venom... why are you so ugly... why are you so anti this server goes... up... why do you even care.... why do you waste your time and energy commenting on a mod you dont even play.... please go away... i never played railwarz with you you probally never will play so go away your bad for the air... why dont you go bad mouth some one elses thread or go tell people who wanna play team play action quake 2 that they can play some other game....

dont like people telling you how it is dont post it for the public to see :)
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline bvughtoonice

• Swanky Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2012, 01:51:08 AM »
i really dont care anymore....

To the DEATH of Railwarz... i quit.

gg
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline VaeVictis

• Brobdingnagian Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2012, 02:02:16 AM »
anyone else think noobs these days give up too easy? :/ it kinda takes the fun out of trolling
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline KiD

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2012, 07:51:53 AM »
This topic should be delt with internally rather then a full out debate. People will play where the people are. Next topic suggestion...Changing the skin textures to the cast of milf hunters :D get lisa ann in there rather then female/crakhor!! hehe and while we have players from all mods debating this why dont u jerks pass by and play at acme server time to time if your looking for some high paced action rather then your quadz and turtle hooks :D
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline VaeVictis

• Brobdingnagian Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2012, 04:23:00 PM »
This topic should be delt with internally rather then a full out debate. People will play where the people are. Next topic suggestion...Changing the skin textures to the cast of milf hunters :D get lisa ann in there rather then female/crakhor!! hehe and while we have players from all mods debating this why dont u jerks pass by and play at acme server time to time if your looking for some high paced action rather then your quadz and turtle hooks :D

skins are client side, throw the files in there with the right name and you will be good to go, but no one else will see the same thing.... alternately upload skins to the server, and change your own skin

and i would play acme, but i hate hook in every application it has had in quake ever :) and most of the people on these forums dont even play
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

El Box de Shoutamente

Last 10 Shouts:

|iR|Focalor

April 24, 2024, 10:55:53 AM
omlette du fromage?

Admin

April 24, 2024, 07:08:22 AM
fin.

|iR|Focalor

April 22, 2024, 04:27:07 PM
Now it's over. Because I say it's over.

|iR|Focalor

April 22, 2024, 12:39:29 PM
It's over when I say it's over.

|iR|Focalor

April 22, 2024, 11:34:16 AM
Costigan needs a tampon.

Costigan_Q2

April 22, 2024, 02:53:12 AM
This interaction is over.

Costigan_Q2

April 22, 2024, 02:51:20 AM
Will someone please muzzle and leash that barking dog? it's projections and delusions and now endless babbling are comically pitiable, just treat it like you would Beaver - that's what it deserves.

Costigan_Q2

April 22, 2024, 02:50:50 AM
Quake 2 needs a public square.

This is not a debate.

|iR|Focalor

April 21, 2024, 05:36:24 PM
If you were attached to reality, you'd realize that.

Quake 2 needs a private bathroom.

|iR|Focalor

April 21, 2024, 05:34:35 PM
I've never doxed anyone like he did or sent them 1000's of annoying whiny angry messages in all caps like you.

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:42:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length