Author Topic: Steam - id Super Pack - 22 id games for $29.99 :D  (Read 5527 times)

Offline Er!c@

• Swanky Member
  • “Hell is empty and all the devils are here.”
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
Steam - id Super Pack - 22 id games for $29.99 :D
« on: July 01, 2011, 05:38:06 PM »
Steam is having a deal today, and i don;t know if it will be available after today. But 22 id games, for $29.99 originally 194$ worth of games. http://store.steampowered.com/sub/440/

get it while you can :)
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Well-Reasoned Argument and/or Conclusion
    Demonstrates Exceptional Knowlege of the Game
    Appears Not to Comprehend Game Fundamentals
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Whoosh! You done missed the joke thar Cletus!
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Preposterously Irrational Arguments
    Blindingly Obvious Logical Fallacies
    Absurd Misconstrual of Scientific Principles or Evidence
    Amazing Conspiracy Theory Bro
    Racist Ignoramus
"<[2d> i am considering suiciding dont worry" <br><br>

"<@Killo> damn so ericas right
<@Misery> she always is"

Offline Gouki

• No Friends, Hated By All
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
Re: Steam - id Super Pack - 22 id games for $29.99 :D
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 05:50:22 PM »
Commander keen, the memories lol.
It also comes packaged with dosbox
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline BIG DICK RICK

• Swanky Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 03:23:10 AM »
stfu ERICA  :ohlord:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline The Dreaming Dragon

• Carpal Tunnel Member
  • " ! "
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 07:26:03 AM »
It is a good deal
if  not for the convenience of not needing to dig throught a mountain of CDs and DVDs  for a game,begging it to instal and updating it through its patches and patches of the patches,and possibly the Update V2 of the patch . The one that get's it to work with the Window's patch. Hours of your life  :bigcry:
I mean I hope what code spurting into my computer from Valve is the latest and greatest working version of these dozen year old games . And I see they have a lot of the 2.5 D of the Build engine games of the heretic and hexen franchise. Less than 3 and a half bucks. Working sweetly in Vista! I do some game shopping at http://www.gog.com/en/frontpage/ that sell great old classic games made to run on modern machines.Duke3d,Blood. Rise of the Triad.All Build Engine,kinda sorta. All have something to say with their game. I understood the Build Engine. I could make levels with it. I was doing Temple of the Octa God.You shift the world by pushing blocks of it up and down away from some arbetrary center. You create space within and se the protrusions of Blocks as the enviorment. You'd push out a room,squeeze a ventalator shaft and open another room. You'd plot it out on a grid first,but you sorta had to stick your 1st person view inside and...Push.Kinda sorta.

I tried talking to George Broussard once. He was a notable contributor at the ShackNews site "when it was cool" and who knows now.Anyway I pitched him an Idea.
I asked him if he'd consider updating the whole Build engine to run well on a spectrum of systems,and maybe double or triple the pixel count of the sprites,then using the mechanics of an existing game(Blood) you replace the Art and repackage it as a Kids game. Clowns. Clowns who have a nose tweak instead of a pitchfork,who toss eggs instead of flare guns....same mechanic,different art and effects.Furthermore,have it intigrated that kids could build their own levels and share them with each other....

At the moment the Sprites are made to have 320 squares to provide depth of field,special effects and atmosphere. These were all the rage 15 years ago when you sold your soul for megahertz. I can only stand amazed noone has bothered to increase the the size of the sprites before. Its all in the art direction,these games. I played the demo of one Build deriivative that was wholey unique: all the textures were pencil drawings. He'd crosshatch,scribble and speckle a texture on paper and then use it as wall textures and such. The Monsters and weapons you encounter are exaggerated stick figures,and the sound effects are all the creator guy's own voice. It all worked...and you wondered what sort of weird scribblebeast is around the next corner. It wasn't well lit...but it made me imagine the possibilities of my own black n white drawings ,or even color...be made to decorate a Super Build Engine game . And the beauty of it is that since its so old,and the requirements so low,a great variety of parents would want to please their kids with it. Make it easy for them to build levels and trade them and you'll have buyers forever.It'll run just as well on a 1 .2 Gigahertz as it will on the dual core titanium grade eyebleeder computer that asshole up the street has. So MANY Parents will buy it. Its Gold.

And the whole Clowns premise I had was a winner too. You'd be running around like Blood,but you'd be doing some of the same combats in Clowns with the intensity of an Undead Wraith of Vengance shooting down the grotesque minions of Demon worshippers and his former Dark Employer. Since its Kids,you Cute everything up,but the shooting things at monsters feeling to the game itself will be there. I see the Health bar being Chutzpah,and you reduce that number with a variety of attacks,all based on the original Blood game. A critter who "dies" just throws a tantrum and Zings off,maybe dropping loot. And I can see the art direction too...its a love story about BadPeople trying to take over the circus and two fellow clowns scheme together and fall in love trying to save the circus. So you play as one of them in "performences(levels)" that you run arround linerally,but have to accomplish crap just like in Blood.Pies seltzer bottles,Whoopie cushions maybe Farts for that BFG appeal.
Funny,cute,marketable."So George Bousard,what do you think?" I finally asked him. He replied eventually...

"Who'd buy it?" I shrugged,left my reply that the idea was free to whoever would see it realized,and left it at that. I've played the Duke Forever demo. The VERY FIRST thing Duke does is Piss. Pissladies and gentlemen,14 years of waiting and they give us PISS. Okay,then you run into a briefing room and draw on the board. Big drawing interface...minutes of fun. I guy comes running in,and you're Under Attack! Cool! But what guns do you have?
Why,None. You run toward groups of your guards and they are shooting the aliens for you. Then you get to the football field and fight Something Big. Running around I eventually stumbled across the rocket launcer,but it had only a few rounds of rockets.Run around until you get ammo dropped on you....
I feel for DNF....its problem was it was started way too early. Everyone was just dandy with the SVGA graphics and that brat John Carmack actually achieved 3d competantly and with server support. If Duke Nukem had as much ease of findinga game on the net like Quake did you all would be duking it out in surreal palaces!

But...so much for all that. try the ehxen heretic games...you'll like them ... :afro:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline The Happy Friar

• Opulent Member
    • View Profile
    • Fuzzy Logic Inc
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 09:39:35 AM »
Gog.com has 50% off all interplay games.  I just got Fallout 1+2 & MDK 1+2 For ~$12.  Yeah!  They're 100% DRM free (including The Witcher 2, a new game) & you don't need to install any of them after you do it initially (at least most, I buy mostly DOS old Windows games).  So you can backup whole folders to disc or store them on your website.  They also hold on to the games for you, including the manuals, many times the soundtracks, icons, wallpapers, etc.

The biggest issue with the steam version of id games is they ARE patched to the latest.  That means there's lots of Doom 1/2/3 & Quake 1/2/3/4/ETQW you won't be playing.  Since Doom 3, good luck downgrading, it's all installer required  & refuses to downgrade.

However, for all of the GPL'ed id games, except Q3A, you'd use a new engine anyway.  IE jDoom, darkplaces, r1q2, etc.

Also, those games (except Quake 4) don't require you to install them.  I have had Quake 1, 2, 3, ETQW & Doom 3 just copied every time I got a new drive from the old drive.  No install required.  I guess I could buy them on Steam & download every time I want to play but I prefer them being on before windows is.   :bananaw00t:

Awesome.  :)
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
q2server.fuzzylogicinc.com
d3server.fuzzylogicinc.com
l33t hacz over yonder.  ;) :)

Offline quadz

• Loquaciously Multiloquent Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 02:07:49 PM »
I guess I could buy them on Steam & download every time I want to play but I prefer them being on before windows is.

Steam is smarter than that.  I copied my steam folder from my desktop to my laptop over ethernet, then installed Steam on the laptop and pointed it at the existing folder.  All my games were there.

Including numerous modern games which would have each individually required a tedious "install" process otherwise.

Thanks to Microsoft and its inane registry, most users have come to accept the notion it's normal for software to go through a special install process and end up residing on a fixed location on the computer.

My single favorite thing about Steam is that it eliminates the de-facto stupidity of software "installation".

:dohdohdoh:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
"He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious."

Offline The Happy Friar

• Opulent Member
    • View Profile
    • Fuzzy Logic Inc
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 08:54:20 PM »
I did the steam-copy thing with some stuff I had too (I think it was NS2 & the Duke Forever demo) but you still have to have it do it's unlocking stuff.  The unlocking takes long then actually installing the game for me.   When HL2 came out it took ~4 hours on dialup.  On my DSL it takes ~15 minutes to unlock.

I haven't tried doing the copy/paste trick for most games.  That is nice though that you can do that with Steam.  I agree the registry has made installing a necessary pain.  :( 

I've found that the time it takes to load steam & then the game is long enough were I don't bother playing games on Steam.  I can load up a non-steam game faster.  Not sure why that is.  I'd just rather play something that takes 30 seconds to load vs 2 minutes.  In DN4E you can skip the movies though, that's a nice touch games are lacking these days.

EDIT: the only way I'd support steam 100% is if games you bought not on Steam, when registered on Steam, would let you download & install through Steam.  Goes for any digital content system.  IE I own Stalker.  It's got a SN.  Enter the SN in to Steam & then I can use it via Steam or I can install it via the DVD.  I'm sure Valve doesn't want people using their bandwidth w/o them getting a cut, of course.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 08:55:58 PM by The Happy Friar »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• Irrepressibly Profuse Member
  • Help Destroy America: VOTE DEMOCRAT
    • View Profile
    • Focalor's Horrible Website: We Rape You Til The Room Stinks
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 02:04:20 AM »
I remember the good old days... back before everyone was downloading all their PC games... back before everyone was PIRATING their PC games... in those days, when we wanted free games, we shoplifted them from a retail store. We actually risked going to jail for doing something illegal. AND WE LIKED IT!
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline CodeBlack

• http://www.theclq.com
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 06:03:33 AM »
I remember the good old days... back before everyone was downloading all their PC games... back before everyone was PIRATING their PC games... in those days, when we wanted free games, we shoplifted them from a retail store. We actually risked going to jail for doing something illegal. AND WE LIKED IT!

Yeah the lack of options probably had nothing to do with it..  :lol:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
You know it's Sheep!

Offline |iR|Focalor

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2011, 06:52:02 AM »
Haha, sort of. In those days, you could download illegally copied music and software, but with 56k modem speeds, it was less time consuming to just walk into a store, find an empty aisle, pop the box open, take the CD, and nonchalantly meander outside. It never made sense to me in those days why they'd put those hard plastic spines on the music CD cases to keep people from opening them easily when the music CD's were all about 10 bucks... and then to keep you from stealing 40 dollar software, they'd use a thin piece of tape over the top of the cardboard box that you could usually cut with a fingernail or peel back. And a lot of the times, the software didn't have CD cases for the software CD's, they would be in those paper sleeves, which actually made it easier to conceal in your pocket. It's like they were willingly cooperating with your efforts to rob them blind. :D
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 06:55:32 AM by |iR|Focalor »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline The Happy Friar

• Opulent Member
    • View Profile
    • Fuzzy Logic Inc
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2011, 10:01:21 AM »

If you wanted to try a game you could borrow your buddies disc & install it too.  then you'd buy the sequel or a copy for yourselves.  Warcraft & CnC: 3 players per DISC in a 2 DISC SET!  You could fill the LAN MP with just one copy of CnC or one copy of Warcraft + an expansion.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2011, 09:12:53 PM »
Yeah, but it doesn't have that stolen CD smell. :lolsign:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline The Happy Friar

• Opulent Member
    • View Profile
    • Fuzzy Logic Inc
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2011, 05:02:53 AM »
CD's & burners were expensive.  Easier just for everyone to buy one copy of one game & then everyone install it.  I don't think you could even get burners until '98.  Then games started being on 700mb discs instead of the 640 ones.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline CodeBlack

• http://www.theclq.com
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2011, 06:48:58 AM »
Yeah, but it doesn't have that stolen CD smell. :lolsign:

heheheh almost anything is better when it's "free".
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
You know it's Sheep!

El Box de Shoutamente

Last 10 Shouts:

RyU

September 03, 2024, 05:15:49 PM
And wow Derrick is still playing lol

RyU

September 03, 2024, 05:15:15 PM
Just know yesterday is gone and soon tomorrow will be gone too  :)

Lejionator

August 08, 2024, 07:28:01 PM
It's tiem to QuakeCon!!!  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThQd_UJaTys

ImperiusDamian

July 26, 2024, 09:34:53 PM
In nomine Quake II et Id Software et Spiritus John Carmack, Amen.

QuakeDuke

July 26, 2024, 05:10:30 PM
Hey, shout, summertime blues
Jump up and down in you blue suede shoes
Hey, did you rock and roll? Rock on!!  ...QD

Yotematoi

July 24, 2024, 01:31:20 PM
Ayer me mato 5 veces para robarme en la vida real hará lo mismo? [img]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid0wXU2VgS7atesBcSoMz5BWMJCJajeZFVT6GzSU6TtpJGddN9kLTvWNgcZaskkbKFQl&amp;show_text=true&amp;width=500
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid0wXU2VgS7atesBcSoMz5BWMJCJajeZFVT6GzSU6TtpJGddN9kLTvWNgcZaskkbKFQl&show_text=true&width=500" width="500"

Yotematoi

July 24, 2024, 01:25:59 PM
hi ya está la basura de Martin, se cambió el nombre es un ladron estupido, asi llegó a 10000[img]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&amp;show_text
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&show_text

Yotematoi

July 24, 2024, 01:25:59 PM
hi ya está la basura de Martin, se cambió el nombre es un ladron estupido, asi llegó a 10000[img]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&amp;show_text
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&show_text

-Unh0ly-

July 05, 2024, 05:20:36 AM

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 06:30:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length