Author Topic: The Fight Thread  (Read 98523 times)

Online |iR|Focalor

• Irrepressibly Profuse Member
  • Help Destroy America: VOTE DEMOCRAT
    • View Profile
    • Focalor's Horrible Website: We Rape You Til The Room Stinks
  • Rated:
Re: The Fight Thread
« Reply #270 on: July 09, 2016, 06:25:15 AM »
Jeeeeezus. Leave it to Jon Jones to completely fistfuck the UFC 200 main card on ppv. Apparently they just found out he failed a mid-June peepee test for PED's and they're currently declining to specify WHAT was found by the test. Jones is claiming he had no knowledge of taking whatever the substance was. Ehhhhhhh, I don't buy it. Seems more likely he realized how fucking tired as shit he got so early on when fighting Ovince Saint Preux and knew Cormier would end up outlasting him in a 5 round fight. Last time Jones was champ, the UFC was not testing fighters as thoroughly as they are now, and were allowing fighters to do this ridiculous shit of using intravenous drips after weigh-ins to safely rehydrate themselves after nearly killing themselves by severely DEhydrating in order to make weight.

So now after they've hyped the living unholy fuck out of UFC 200 ever since New Years, promising that it would be the most mindblowing and exciting card since EVER, now they've got Miesha Tate vs Amanda Nunes as the fucking main event. Probably the most "meh"-worthy fight on the entire card. Again... Leave it to Jon Jones to completely fistfuck UFC 200.

Still, I'm not bummed at all that Jones won't be on the card. They've gotten Anderson fucking Silva of all people to step in and take on Cormier in a non-title bout. Hell, I'm more interested in seeing that fight than Cormier vs Jones.

The whole card is crammed full of stars. Not a single fight on the whole thing is gonna have a no-namer. Shit, even the early prelims on Fight Pass are gonna be nuts. Jim Miller vs Takanori Gomi, Gegard Mousasi vs Thiago Santos, and are you shitting me, Diego Sanchez vs Joe Lauzon!?! That's just the early prelims! Oh my god, this is gonna be so cool!
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Well-Reasoned Argument and/or Conclusion
    Demonstrates Exceptional Knowlege of the Game
    Appears Not to Comprehend Game Fundamentals
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Whoosh! You done missed the joke thar Cletus!
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Preposterously Irrational Arguments
    Blindingly Obvious Logical Fallacies
    Absurd Misconstrual of Scientific Principles or Evidence
    Amazing Conspiracy Theory Bro
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline haunted

• I am hollywood.
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #271 on: July 09, 2016, 11:36:52 AM »
Jones ruined it. DC will probably just wear silva out in the clinch. Aldo Edgar looking like the best fight on the main card. Brock and hunt will be entertaining in its own way. Prelims look great. I'm sure some fights will surprise us too just as much as others will be what we expected. But yeah jones screwed it all up... Dana and Lorenzo both want him gone they say, but honestly they won't give up that big of a cash cow to competition. A big suspension might happen though.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Online |iR|Focalor

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #272 on: July 11, 2016, 12:06:20 AM »
This weekend was pretty cool. 3 straight nights of MMA fights, can't complain about that at all.

First of all, hats the fuck off to Eddie Alvarez. I knew it had been a good spell since the last time Dos Anjos fought, and there's a trend of champs and challengers who don't stay active with fights every few months losing when they finally get back in the cage. But on the other hand, check the list of folks Dos Anjos beat down in his previous several fights, all legit tough fighters. But yeah, "octagon rust" strikes again and Alvarez takes the crown. Didn't see that one coming, not by 1st round KO anyway.

UFC 200 lineup looked pants-shittingly good on paper, but like always, when you EXPECT to it be incredible, it turns out to be pretty unremarkable.

Joe Lauzon vs Diego Sanchez was a depressing letdown. Fucking standup striking chess match for about a minute, and then its over. Nobody was even bleeding. God dammit!

Johny Hendricks needs to retire. Ugh.

Sage Northcut is still ugly and douchey lookin'. Fuck that guy, shoulda lost, shitty judges.

Aldo vs Edgar was kinda boring. 5 rds of Aldo countering the shit outta Edgar cuz Edgars fucking dumb enough to keep chasing him and swinging wildly.

DC vs Anderson Silva was cool at times. I figured either Silva would catch DC with a crazy head kick for another astonishing KO to add to his resume, or more likely, DC would clinch and hip toss Silva and then proceed to beat the ever-loving unholy fuck out of Silva's face with ground and pound. Turns out... neither happened. Yeah some G&P, but nothing threatening. Silva had a slight bloody nose, but otherwise looked fine. God dammit.

Lesnar vs Hunt... what a fucking joke. Hunts a fat slow goober, the only guy who WOULDN'T destroy Lesnar with cardio. He needs to stick to WWE. He won't beat any other top10 heavyweights, so another title wont happen. Him vs Werdum? vs Velasquez? HELL NAW.

Most bullshit moment maybe in UFC history was the judges decision in the Roy Nelson vs Derrick Lewis fight Thurs night. Nelson landed 7 or 8 takedowns, spent 100% of the time the fight was on the ground in top control, Lewis scored NO KNOCKDOWNS or wobbles on Nelson, but still got the win based on number of total attempted strikes. Kiiiiiiiiiiinda bullshit in my opinion. I do think Lewis has a better chance of challenging for the belt than Nelson definitely, so I'm not too sad he won, but still... Nelson executed the way you'd think he SHOULD to earn a win over a guy as deadly as Lewis. He neutralized him with takedowns. I've seen assloads of other fighters get unanimous decision wins the exact same way. Crooked judging if you ask me.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Online |iR|Focalor

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #273 on: July 31, 2016, 01:22:28 PM »
Had tickets to UFC 201 last night. Got kinda drunk cuz my buddies wouldn't stop bringing beers. :D It was pretty cool, we paid for the cheap nosebleed seats, but because it wasn't completely sold it out (I guess), we could pretty much sit anywhere we wanted except floor level with all the movie stars and rich folks. Lots of empty seats all over the place even by the time the main card was well underway.

New Welterweight champ? Hell, I guess so. I leaned over to act like I was picking something up in order to covertly squeeze out a beer fart and by the time I looked back up it was over, haha!

• Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Online |iR|Focalor

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #274 on: September 11, 2016, 03:57:38 PM »
UFC 203, son. DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA, haha!

CM Punk got ass raped, like I knew he would. I couldn't even find anyone willing to take my wager against him, that's how sure everyone was that he was gonna get his ass beat. Surprised me a little though. I would've put money on Mickey Gall ending him in less than 60 seconds, but CM Punk officially lasted 2 minutes and 14 seconds. He stupidly bull rushed him from the opening bell, Gall dropped his base and wrapped up a double leg takedown, CM Punk tried to sprawl it AFTER Gall already had it locked up :D, and from there it was CM Punk flailing about trying to get Gall off him. After the fight, CM Punk's right ear was ballooned out like a ziplock bag full of blood. Dude should've sparred without some headgear in his first year or so of training to get his ears cauliflowered BEFORE the fight. ::)

Werdum vs Browne. Browne dislocated a finger in the 1st rd and can barely throw a right hand afterwards. The crowd was going apeshit with boo's the whole fight because Browne wouldn't throw back. After the fight, the crowd's still booing, so Werdum heckles them back by doing a little "boo-hoo cry baby" gesture followed by a backhand gesture to the crowd, which causes one of Brownes corner coaches to say something negative to him, to which Werdum responds by teep kicking him in the stomach, haha! Hopefully they fine Werdum for that shit, doesn't matter what the guy said to him, he shouldn't have made contact with him in any way like that.

Main event, Miocic vs Overeem. Overeem had Miocic hurt with a punch early that dropping Miocic onto his butt. Overeem flew onto him as he was sitting there and tried to lock up a front guillotine. Miocic wrenched his head out of it and used his legs to push Overeem off him and get back to his feet. A little later, Miocic lands a punch that puts Overeem on his butt, Miocic swims his way into Overeems full guard, stands and stacks him, and proceeds to drop fists of death onto his chin for the KO win. After the official announcement by Bruce Buffer and Joe Rogan's interview of Miocic, Rogan interviews Overeem, who says that Miocic tapped during the guillotine and the ref didn't see it. To which Rogan responds by having the broadcast crew play the whole guillotine incident over TWICE from TWO ANGLES so Overeem could show him where he thought he tapped. Yeah, no tap, nothing that could've been interpreted as a tap by even the most amateur UFC fan in the world. So Overeem just made himself look like a sore loser bitch.

If this is the kinda drama having a WWE superstar brings to the UFC... keep it coming. Let's get some more WWE wrestlers in there. :dohdohdoh:

Kinda stupid that Mickey Gall gets count this fight on his official record of 3-0 now. It's not really a legit win in my opinion. It's like if you're 2-0 and then you fight Gary Coleman to go 3-0. :D
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Online |iR|Focalor

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #275 on: December 30, 2016, 10:43:48 PM »
RONDA ROUSEY IS BACK!!! Aaaaaand she's gone again. Lol?

Once again, displaying her horrid non-existent boxing skills. Seriously, the only fucking head movement she had at all was when Nunes was hitting her and bouncing her face off her fist like a dashboard bobblehead doll. An even more pathetic loss than the Holly Holm fight. Sigh.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline Sgt. Dick

• Loquaciously Multiloquent Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #276 on: December 31, 2016, 06:13:13 AM »
Some people paid big money to see that  :raincloud:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
aka IOU

Online |iR|Focalor

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #277 on: December 31, 2016, 08:21:33 AM »
The Cruz vs Garbrandt fight before it was much better, and every bit as noteworthy. Cruz got dethroned and out-countered by a really slick and speedy Cody Garbrandt. Very unexpected. It was a close fight up until rd 3 when Garbrandt started landing more and more counters.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Online |iR|Focalor

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #278 on: January 17, 2017, 02:29:45 AM »
I was watching NFL playoffs Sunday night, so I had to download the UFC Fight Night 103 Yair Rodriguez vs BJ Penn and watch it after the fact. But HOLY CRAP. The fight before the main event was Joe Lauzon vs Marcin Held. WHAT A CROCK OF SHIT!!! The absolute #1 most crooked bullshit rigged decision score I have ever seen in all my years of watching MMA fights. Clearly Lauzon lost, he spent most of the 3 round fight either on his back or on defense, but he still wins the decision. Even HE said it was bullshit. This seems to happen more and more now. Any time they fight outside of Las Vegas, they get some completely fucked up retarded scorecards that favor the bigger fan favorite or the hot up and coming prospect. I challenge anyone to reasonably explain how Lauzon won that fight. You can't.

And Penn's re-comeback went about as I expected. He needs to stay retired. He looked far better than in his last comeback attempt, but still nowhere near what I'd call "good". He looks sickly and tired, a far cry from the BJ Penn of yesteryear. He used to get in there amped up like a psycho ready to kill, now he just looks like he's standing in line at the gas station to buy lottery tickets, just hollow, emotionless, and resigned. It's sad to watch. I hope he just gives up, cuz he's got 0 chance of winning a top 10 fight anymore, especially in the featherweight division.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Online |iR|Focalor

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #279 on: February 19, 2017, 09:23:54 PM »
Derrick Lewis - "Where's Ronda Rousey's fine ass at?" :D

...Among several other totally LOL-worthy quotes in his post fight interview after damn near killing Travis Browne.

But as funny as it was, it makes me like him even less. What an unprofessional scumbag asshole.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline Sgt. Dick

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #280 on: February 20, 2017, 05:58:45 AM »
I'm shocked that he could punch that hard and not shit himself  :erhmmm:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
aka IOU

Offline haunted

• I am hollywood.
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #281 on: February 20, 2017, 06:12:53 AM »
Lewis' style is pretty straightforward, so is Browne's. I'd still say Browne is the better fighter. He just slipped up. Lewis is a brute. No one wants to sit there and stand and bang with him absorbing slow haymakers that are more powerful than they appear. Even Roy Nelson got over it, so his coaches told him to sit his fat ass on Lewis for the win.

Once Browne got caught a few times the 'wall' his range builds around his opponent began to crumble and allow openings. I'm not a big fan of Lewis but there's no room for error against him. Especially if you're not built like him.

Stupid he said that about rousey. I'd be grateful to come out with a W if I were him.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Online |iR|Focalor

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #282 on: February 20, 2017, 01:26:31 PM »
I was about 95% sure before the fight that Lewis was gonna KO him. Without a doubt he has THE most devastating punching power of all the UFC heavyweights currently. The man could punch you in the head only once and kill you dead with it before you even hit the ground. But I thought he'd be durable enough to take a few body kicks. I guess one of Browne's early teep kicks to the body must've broke one of Lewis' ribs. Yeah, he's definitely a brute juggernaut brawler style fighter, which isn't the most technically skillful way to fight, but his immense punching power more than makes up for a unskilled entry to an exchange. :D His one weakness we all noticed when he fought Roy Nelson was his inability to make passes and sweeps from the bottom when grappling. And while Roy Nelson was certainly able to maintain top position, he was too busy just holding that giant hulking fuck down to get off any meaningful ground and pound, and even though he was able to neutralize Lewis most of the fight, he still lost the decision (which I thought was one of the worst judges decisions in UFC history, but whatever). I also noticed last night that Lewis really doesn't bother too much trying to check lowline outside leg kicks. Had Browne just started started wailing away on Lewis' ankle with leg kicks, the big man would've dropped for good before the round finished.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline haunted

• I am hollywood.
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #283 on: February 20, 2017, 05:06:36 PM »
95% sure?!?!? Come on man. You MUST be a Derrick Lewis fan if that's true. I'll accept that you knew in your gut he'd clock em but 95%!? I was not that sure at all. I thought travis Browne was going in about 55/45. I'm not a fan of either fighters really. Maybe Lewis will change my mind with his next opponent.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline Sgt. Dick

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #284 on: February 20, 2017, 06:59:56 PM »
Browne was winning the fight, but I knew that it could change at any time with one good shot from Lewis.  I thought Lewis would win, because I felt Browne would make a mistake and get hurt, then lights out.  It happened the way I thought, but I was beginning to think Browne might last long enough to wear down Lewis.  Then Browne got careless a few times, and the last time it did him in.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
aka IOU

El Box de Shoutamente

Last 10 Shouts:

|iR|Focalor

April 18, 2024, 02:55:33 PM
Quake 2 needs some pubic hair!

Sgt. Dick

April 17, 2024, 08:44:00 PM
This place is not what it used to be, but It can still be amusing at times  :D

Costigan_Q2

April 02, 2024, 07:49:21 AM
Quake 2 needs a public square.

|iR|Focalor

April 02, 2024, 06:38:09 AM
Deflection.

-Unh0ly-

April 02, 2024, 04:32:51 AM

Costigan_Q2

April 02, 2024, 03:22:32 AM
And now, as usual, we finally get to this pathetic buffoon, once again, pettily grasping at straws for any desperate tiny false 'victory' it genuinely believes it can win.

|iR|Focalor

April 02, 2024, 02:18:27 AM
"I freely admit to my faults but this degenerate can't even recognise his nevermind admit them."

I asked you why, and you only responded with "everyone's a sinner." That's less "freely admitting your faults" and more of a minimization of them. Just saying.

Costigan_Q2

April 02, 2024, 01:51:31 AM
I freely admit to my faults but this degenerate can't even recognise his nevermind admit them. :)

He'll never learn, just like Beaver...

Costigan_Q2

April 02, 2024, 01:30:11 AM
Yes, everyone's a sinner.

Didn't you know?

They've only banned my Costigan identity accounts. :)

|iR|Focalor

April 02, 2024, 01:24:14 AM
"Trolls get banned, that's universal"

I forget, maybe you can help me out... Which one of us is banned from Tastyspleen discord again? And why?

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:32:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length