Author Topic: another terrorist attack  (Read 342215 times)

Offline fdrjk

• Brobdingnagian Member
  • gotta be above it
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
Re: another terrorist attack
« Reply #1560 on: October 03, 2012, 02:09:56 PM »
Great, now I'll never un-see it.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Well-Reasoned Argument and/or Conclusion
    Demonstrates Exceptional Knowlege of the Game
    Appears Not to Comprehend Game Fundamentals
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Whoosh! You done missed the joke thar Cletus!
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Preposterously Irrational Arguments
    Blindingly Obvious Logical Fallacies
    Absurd Misconstrual of Scientific Principles or Evidence
    Amazing Conspiracy Theory Bro
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline [BTF]Sigma

• Phenomenally Prodigious Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #1561 on: October 03, 2012, 09:30:08 PM »
You like to put fishsticks in your mouth?
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• Irrepressibly Profuse Member
  • OFFO
    • View Profile
    • Focalor's Lair @ Tastyspleen.net
  • Rated:
« Reply #1562 on: March 20, 2013, 05:52:03 PM »
Here's a nice story you won't see on Fox News...

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/iraq-war-vet-letter-bush-cheney-tomas-young-154541674.html

I was actually watching "Fix" News (clever, eh?) a while ago. They did a short piece about "Iraq: 10 Years Later" where they interviewed some vet from Iraq who didn't regret AT ALL being sent over there and only had good things to say. I had read this Yahoo story about Tomas Young earlier today and figured that with Fox interviewing a vet having good things to say about Iraq, they would then cleverly segue FROM that to the Tomas Young story. Nope. Not a word. So much for fair and balanced... as if that's news to anyone.

I know I've said a lot of shit in total support of the war/s and the troops, but the more I look at it, the more it's starting to make sense. You think "How could these people have been SO COMPLETELY off with their intelligence to think that Iraq had WMD's when it should have been pretty fucking clear that they didn't?" It just doesn't make sense how that could've been clusterfucked so badly. It doesn't make sense UNTIL... you look at it from the "oil monger" perspective. The top levels of Washington all conspire to force some lower-level lackey to feed their misinformation about WMD's to their commanders so that they can then orchestrate the whole thing. It's such a large scale operation that they can't do it without spending OBSCENE amounts of money and using lots of manpower, so they need the support of the public. They play off the emotions of the people by using September 11th as a unifying point by saying, "They have WMD's... oh, and by the way, THEY'RE ALSO IN ON THE AL QUESADILLA SHIT!!! LET'S GET 'EM, Y'ALL!!!" And then we invade them and of course never find any nukes or massive chemical weapons caches, nor do we find ANY connection to Al Qaida or the Taliban or any other "terrorist" organization... which would be pretty obvious if you think about WHO Saddam Hussein was. The guy was a fucking ego-maniac control freak iron fisted DICTATOR in every sense of the word. He came to power so that he could sit back and tell everyone else exactly how shit was gonna be. You really think he would've ever considered giving up any small piece of that total control by allowing some outside group like the Taliban to tell him what to do? Hell no.

Long story short... all of the given excuses about why we went into Iraq do not make sense.

But it starts to make perfect sense if you look at it from the oil angle. Uncle Sam doesn't make HUGE military commitments like that which are going to cost millions and billions of dollars unless either there is an eminent physical threat from that nation, or there is an economic payoff to justify spending that much money. It's obvious that Iraq was not posing an eminent physical threat to anyone at the time. You wanna know what an eminent physical threat looks like? Take a look at North Korea at the moment. THAT'S what it looks like. Are we saddling up to head over there and kick some ass? Maybe, but nowhere NEAR on the same scale that we did when we shipped out for sunny and scenic Iraq. :-\

So the only other reason it could've been was MONEY.

I am SO glad I never got the chance to proverbially fuck myself by running off and joining the military a few years ago when I got the bright idea into my head. Thankfully I had a few veterans around who talked some sense into me.

I support the troops. I think what they're doing is fucking crazy and a lot of them must be fucking idiots for doing it, but at the same time they have no idea what they're getting into when they sign up, so you can't blame them. Personally, I wouldn't do it. I have this ONE life. I'll be damned if I'm gonna give it up fighting for the useless shitbags in Washington who do nothing but send everyone elses children off to fight the wars they're too completely chickenshit to fight themselves. Fuck DC. Their fucking retarded policies and the inept way they run everything is not worth dying for. I'm more inclined to believe that walking up to one of scrotum-faced politicians on the street and being killed by their bodyguards right after gunning them down would be a much more valuable way to die than by getting plugged by a 13 year old Iraqi boy defending his mud hut with an AK.

I love America. But fuck the government.

Offline Golgo13

• Swanky Member
    • View Profile
    • Lithium CTF Files
  • Rated:
« Reply #1563 on: March 20, 2013, 06:25:52 PM »
took 10 years for you to formulate that? shreds of truth  but still way off. ppl aren't paying attention obviously or refusing to see it. when you speak politics you make yourself fair game. take it as an insult, like i know you will. you're just wrong on many levels. nothing anyone would say can change what you think either. (Your close friends maybe)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 06:40:42 PM by Golgo13 »

Offline |iR|Focalor

• OFFO
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #1564 on: March 21, 2013, 02:15:33 AM »
Oh, I'm sorry, did you have anything relevant to add? Like maybe HOW you think I'm wrong? Like maybe HOW you're obviously so much more aware of the political climate than I am?

This is how drooling fucking retards like you posture yourself, as if you have ONE CLUE about what you're talking about in an attempt to convince others that you aren't in fact a drooling retard.

This isn't how life works, you fucking moron. You don't get to sit back and point your finger at other people and say, "You're wrong there." without offering the WHY and the HOW of it. I mean... sure, you CAN do that, but people are only going to think that you're obviously a fucking idiot just trying to pass yourself off as someone who isn't completely devoid of all knowledge and understanding about the issue at hand, which is quite obviously the case here, am I right? If people got to tell you you're wrong without telling you HOW you're wrong, then it would be perfectly legal for the cops to arrest you at a moments notice on the street without formally charging you with any crime. "You're obeying shreds of the law, but you're still way off.", is not an excuse to arrest someone in this country.

There's something I've learned in my time here on this miserable planet, and that is that anyone who has anything REAL and VALUABLE to say is going to come right out and say it. Only people with something to hide are going to toe-dance across it and be vague and cryptic as if they are some wise master and it's everyone elses job to decipher the code and become enlightened by your knowledge. It's pretty fucking simple. There's a precise REASON why you're vague. It's because you have nothing of any substance or weight on the issue to offer because you're clueless and you know it.

Rather than making yourself look like any more of a fool, go and do something other than flamebait me in the politics section. When I want to be told how wrong I am without any specific reason, I'll start listening to the opinions of better women than you.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 03:03:24 AM by |iR|Focalor »

Offline quadz

• Brobdingnagian Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #1565 on: March 21, 2013, 03:15:21 AM »
It doesn't make sense UNTIL... you look at it from the "oil monger" perspective. The top levels of Washington all conspire to force some lower-level lackey to feed their misinformation about WMD's to their commanders so that they can then orchestrate the whole thing.

This segment got interesting to me about 3 minutes in, as they brought out quotes from a variety of sources ranging from ex-administration insiders and officials, including former Commander of CENTCOM Gen. John Abizaid, from around the 2004 - 2006 timeframe, most saying things to the effect that, "of course it's about the oil, we couldn't plausibly deny that."

<span data-s9e-mediaembed="youtube" style="display:inline-block;width:100%;max-width:640px"><span style="display:block;overflow:hidden;position:relative;padding-bottom:56.25%"><iframe allowfullscreen="" scrolling="no" style="background:url(https://i.ytimg.com/vi/G65YKOI6A6k/hqdefault.jpg) 50% 50% / cover;border:0;height:100%;left:0;position:absolute;width:100%" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/G65YKOI6A6k"></iframe></span></span><br /><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/G65YKOI6A6k" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/G65YKOI6A6k</a>

The part that baffles me is when some folks out on the InterTubes might react to the above by saying something like, "Aha! That's why I hate big government. What we need is smaller government and more unregulated free market capitalism!"

But government's already for sale to the highest corporate bidders. How often does government ever act against the interests of the largest corporations these days?

:exqueezeme:

Edit: I guess what surprises me is there seems to be in some quarters a view of the government as some sort of cohesive abstract thing moving with its own agenda; whereas what I'm seeing are individuals rotating through positions of power in the government, and during their terms in office making decisions targeted at enriching their corporate buddies on the outside (or, passing legislation at the behest of their corporate campaign donor paymasters for those serving at the lower levels of gov't), in exchange for lucrative private appointments once their terms are up.

Such that if I had to view government as an 'entity' it might be analogous to the zombie ant in this video:

<span data-s9e-mediaembed="youtube" style="display:inline-block;width:100%;max-width:640px"><span style="display:block;overflow:hidden;position:relative;padding-bottom:56.25%"><iframe allowfullscreen="" scrolling="no" style="background:url(https://i.ytimg.com/vi/lGSUU3E9ZoM/hqdefault.jpg) 50% 50% / cover;border:0;height:100%;left:0;position:absolute;width:100%" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/lGSUU3E9ZoM"></iframe></span></span><br /><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/lGSUU3E9ZoM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/lGSUU3E9ZoM</a>

« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 03:41:40 AM by quadz »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
"He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious."

Offline |iR|Focalor

• OFFO
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #1566 on: March 21, 2013, 04:13:17 AM »
The part that baffles me is when some folks out on the InterTubes might react to the above by saying something like, "Aha! That's why I hate big government. What we need is smaller government and more unregulated free market capitalism!"

But government's already for sale to the highest corporate bidders. How often does government ever act against the interests of the largest corporations these days?

By and large, the problem that I see is not that the goal of the government is to become oversized and regulate everything too much. That's just an obvious by-product of the fact that, like you said, government itself is run like it's own capitalist market. We hire these people in Washington to be the one and only establishment that runs shit sensibly and objectively, and then they turn around and make decisions that are based very little on what the popular consensus is. And in cases where gaining popular consensus is unavoidable, they act more like a for-profit media company selling journalism injected with emotion in order to gain ratings rather than acting as the faceless and unbiased referee of the system like they're supposed to.

Maybe this is what American society has become and it's even becoming glaringly evident in high government positions now. People show up for their jobs and do just enough NOT to get fired, and usually leave a mess of things when they leave Friday at 5 o'clock. But they don't give a shit, because they're gonna be on vacation for the next two weeks and SOMEONE ELSE will have to deal with it, so why the fuck should they care. Show up, make a paycheck, don't get fired before you can personally afford to, and forget all about it until you're forced to start all over on Monday morning. :ohlord:

Offline Golgo13

• Swanky Member
    • View Profile
    • Lithium CTF Files
  • Rated:
« Reply #1567 on: March 21, 2013, 09:34:04 AM »

This is how drooling fucking retards like you posture yourself, as if you have ONE CLUE about what you're talking about in an attempt to convince others that you aren't in fact a drooling retard.

Rather than making yourself look like any more of a fool, go and do something other than flamebait me in the politics section. When I want to be told how wrong I am without any specific reason, I'll start listening to the opinions of better women than you....

Many years of research with time on my hands and actually caring enough about the political system to pay very close attention. That rediculous Diatribe further proves that any information that is provided, is instantly wasted and goes down the toilet. i have no inclination of wasting even 2 seconds, even providing a link to such sources for you. Your Brand of Bigotry and pigheadedness never yields results i have learned.

If someone in fact does want to be pointed in the right direction , (that i know isn't a troll) they can PM me and i would link them. Mainly because i wouldn't want to have ppl with no time on their hands get some education to try and help possibly avoid the dystopian future wicked ppl so enjoy.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 10:20:49 AM by Golgo13 »

Offline bluemeanies

• Swanky Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #1568 on: March 21, 2013, 12:28:51 PM »
The politics of Akira or Appleseed is not being discussed here so I'm not sure why you are even posting GaygoGadget...your trolling attempts are even weaker than your skills at getting laid...

A bucket of dildos offers more political insight than you could ever hope to provide...
Quote from: John Kreese
Mercy is for the weak. Here, in the streets, in competition: A man confronts you, he is the enemy. An enemy deserves no mercy.

Offline The Dreaming Dragon

• Carpal Tunnel Member
  • " ! "
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #1569 on: March 21, 2013, 12:50:30 PM »
http://videosift.com/video/Dennis-Kucinich-on-Iraq-Lies-Govt-Accountability-GMOs

http://www.truthdig.com/dig/item/the_last_letter_20130318/

I remember hearing in the audiobook of  The Assault on Reason by Al Gore,that when they were planning the invaision of Iraq,the map being used had all the oil deposits highlighted.And we are in Afganistan for "rare earths",something used in making electronics,and that is the second largest supplier,with China holding the first.

All these exposes and revelations...yet nothing is Done about it...noone is held responsible.Noone suffers but US. And we are getting used to it.

Offline quadz

• Brobdingnagian Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #1570 on: March 21, 2013, 02:05:50 PM »
I remember hearing in the audiobook of  The Assault on Reason by Al Gore,that when they were planning the invaision of Iraq,the map being used had all the oil deposits highlighted.And we are in Afganistan for "rare earths",something used in making electronics,and that is the second largest supplier,with China holding the first.

My understanding concerning the rare earths deposits in Afghanistan is that they are (a) currently unexploited; and (b) were discovered by geological surveys that took place some eight years after we invaded.

When the findings were announced a few years ago, it sounded to me like they were being trotted out as a handy justification for our continued involvement: "See? We can't leave now! Look at this! We must not allow a mine shaft gap with the Chinese!"

• Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
"He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious."

Offline Golgo13

• Swanky Member
    • View Profile
    • Lithium CTF Files
  • Rated:
« Reply #1571 on: March 21, 2013, 03:08:47 PM »

My understanding concerning the rare earths deposits in Afghanistan is that they are (a) currently unexploited; and (b) were discovered by geological surveys that took place some eight years after we invaded.

When the findings were announced a few years ago, it sounded to me like they were being trotted out as a handy justification for our continued involvement: "See? We can't leave now! Look at this! We must not allow a mine shaft gap with the Chinese!"

earth deposits? how about the opium fields.

Offline |iR|Focalor

• OFFO
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #1572 on: March 21, 2013, 03:48:11 PM »
how about the opium fields.

What about them, numb nuts? Everyone knows that Afghanistan is a big opium producer. You aren't adding a thing by throwing that well-known fact out there. Tell us how invading Afghanistan was all about the opium. Try to divert attention from the fact that opium and heroin aren't even the most widely used and therefore most profitable illegal drugs in the US. Try to reason away why we didn't instead invent a reason to invade Colombia and other major South American producers of coca.

Either that or you can continue to hide behind your convenient excuse of "you're not worth an explanation", which isn't convincing anyone you know jack shit about what you're talking about.

I challenge ONE PERSON to take him up on his offer of PMing him for a full explanation. When the conversation is over, come back and post your honest impressions about what he's said. If your impressions are anything other than "amazing conspiracy theory, bro!", I'll let you sit on my back while I SWIM you all the way to Thailand where I'll pay for you to stay 2 nights in a moderately shitty hotel, 3 hookers (they'll probably be trannies, but if you ain't into that, you can just burn em with cigarettes for a few hours for fun, its all the same price), a ball of black tar opium the size of a baseball, and 11.5 grams of minimally stepped on coke.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline Golgo13

• Swanky Member
    • View Profile
    • Lithium CTF Files
  • Rated:
« Reply #1573 on: March 21, 2013, 04:09:35 PM »

Try to reason away why we didn't instead invent a reason to invade Colombia and other major South American producers of coca.

Either that or you can continue to hide behind your convenient excuse of "you're not worth an explanation", which isn't convincing anyone you know jack shit about what you're talking about.

The U.S has 100's of bases around the world. you really don't know shit about the U.S. Coups throughout History. Not to mention the U.S is now establishing a military presence in Africa. any reason will suffice of course for the likes of you.

I'm not obligated to prove anything to you or any of the trolls. nor do i have any desire to. why don't you do you're own research instead of asking to be spoonfed the info. Not just 5 minutes on fox news either. the only reason you remotely give a shit, is because world events are blatantly obvious to even those in denial. i've known about political events for many years.

Offline Sgt. Dick

• Brobdingnagian Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #1574 on: March 21, 2013, 04:20:42 PM »

I'm not obligated to prove anything to you or any of the trolls. nor do i have any desire to.

Then please do not post on this subject.
aka IOU

El Box de Shoutamente

Last 10 Shouts:

quadz

May 27, 2020, 01:20:31 PM
(launch scrubbed due to weather)

-Unh0ly-

May 22, 2020, 01:44:29 AM
NEW WEBSITE
http://www.unholyq2.com
NEW WEBSITE

Admin

May 21, 2020, 02:46:32 PM
(an OS upgrade last weekend broke the shoutbox - working again now)

Punk_FAS

May 14, 2020, 12:10:28 PM

Prophet

May 03, 2020, 11:35:42 AM
Moo moo? MooOooooo

Waffle Whiffer

May 03, 2020, 08:19:10 AM
Moo

Reefer

April 27, 2020, 05:15:19 PM
2dum thank you — I will be keeping your awesome RA2 map guide handy! Not to infringe your copyright, but I am 2dum to find the 2nd church, even with what is probably a screenshot of it. TY again will keep combing!

2d

April 25, 2020, 03:46:23 PM
Reefer: http://forum.tastyspleen.net/quake/index.php?topic=21180.0

7th post on page 1, i made an ra2 map list a while ago, should have all maps ;)

|iR|Focalor

April 20, 2020, 02:14:45 AM

Why yes, it is indeed the greatest movie ever.

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2020, 09:11:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length