Author Topic: So you been playing a long time but you cant get into the top 3 here's why......  (Read 23827 times)

Offline ColdFlo

• View Profile
  • Rated:
You see you can work on technique forever, but it's a long and tedious process.  So,  I got a better idea; It's the secret to getting to the top of any player ranking these days, and without it in a world full of oranges you'll just be another apple........  So, first lets discuss how cheating can improve your game.

First,  let's define cheating.  Allot of you will respond hackz,cheatz,progz,wall hacking........   but those are only the obvious cheats and the ones that often don't last except for when a mod is not around, and we all know what they are so lets discuss something even better.  Actually, there are many more and useful cheats for the player that is good but lacking that little bit to become great.  Usually what this kind of player resorts to is called scriptz or overclocking or esp or tweakz.  Really cheating is anytime when the players playing the game are not on equal footing(and they never are).  Sure you can write things off to physical differences or training or talents, but more often than not people are more competitive in terms of natural ability than you might think.   Most of the time the other guy is doing something you aren't, and thats where the cheatz come in.  I mean all american athletes are on steriods, runners and cyclists dope thier blood.  I mean if the whole world is cheating ,including George Bush.   Why not me?   George Bush has taught me that cheaters always win and the rest of you can just get fucked for all I care.

Now don't go thinking I'm just gonna give you all my hard work of writing scriptz and coming up with leet tweakz, but its hard work being leet like George Bush.  You have to do that on your own.  Rather, I would like to help you identify the links of the cheats to actual gameplay improvements so you can identify what is going on :)  Really the two basic things you can change without full on cheats(there are always exceptions) are bandwidth and latency.

Bandwidth is the speed of your computer and it is generally associated with overclocking.  When you increase your bandwidth it increases the rate at which the computer runs.  Now many script kiddies reading this and now wanting to flame it as they comb this very sentence will be thinking up quotes from JC(John Carmack) saying,"No matter how fast your computer runs; you won't be able to run any faster than what is hardcoded into the game."  Yes, while this is true, anyone that says that including JC himself is just being a semantical asshole because the word fast is very misleading.  Fast can relate to how fast something moves as a vector being a steady rate of speed in a given direction, but it can also relate to how fast something goes from dead stop to full on speed.  Fast is used to describe acceleration.  So, while it may be true that your top speed is the same(which it isn't we'll get into this) your acceleration to that speed is much faster.  Now your thinking, "Well, what is that .1 second of acceleration difference gonna do for me in the game?  That's nothing."  Wrong, games like quake are all juking and latency.  Juking for those of you that don't know is what Emmit Smith does when he runs down the field and 2 guys try to tackle him and they end up tackling each other. It's a feint that isn't also a fake attack. More, its making your opponent miss without feinting just moving out of where he can shoot you, and for those of you that haven't studied this yet, it is the key to becoming really good other than pure aim and map memorization/control moves.  Not only does bandwidth influence motion of the players which one of its 2 best benefits(in quake 2 this is the best benefit because the rail kills more players than any other weapon and an oced player in q2 is very hard to hit with a rail) the other benefit is the increased firerate.  Really increasing your bandwidth whether by increased os thread usage with speed gear or with conventional overclocking it increases the acceleration of all sprites in the game.  So your thinking whats a sprite.  A sprite is really anything in the game that moves and thats also the definition.  All weapon projectiles are sprites it doesn't matter what gun you are talking about they all have sprites even if its jut the flash of the barrel and the flecks coming off the walls when it hits.  So this is why some people like Punk FAS, dolphin, ArchAngel or ME [NU] can jump infront of you from across the room dump a clip into you in half a second and your dead(with plain old machinegun).  Here are some other lesser benefits of ocing that you wont see anyone talk about.  When you oc, your character has the ability to move faster, it seems in the game in some limited instances to make the character light as a feather.  So, when the player is hit with rockets or any other kind of explosive weapon if he's already a few inches off the ground BOOM it hits him he gets less damage and goes flying across the room to survive and run off.  In Q2 it seems to give the player the ability to never, unless they stand right on them, get tripped on grenades, and the incredible juke speed makes rail shots pure luck and not skill.  I can already hear the script kiddies thinking.......  They will say but when you buy a faster processor your just faster dude stop being a crybaby.  Wrong,  Ive tested this and on processors with similar cores the one clocked up to the higher processor is always faster and some of you will be saying duh and i know why its because the only way you can do this these days is by overclocking the front side bus.  Overclocking the FSB is way better than simply increasing the multiplier because it enhances the speed of many more circuits than the multiplier does by itself.  Overclocking the front side bus not only overclocks the cpu and its cache, but also the bus for the entire computer, and the memory bus which today in terms of hardware is the area of the slowest bottleneck in the pc. It probably always will be as long as we buy cheap ram chips instead of huge chips with all onboard cache because large cpu dies even today increase the manufacturing costs many many times.

Latency is how long it takes something to react, and, as we discovered through acceleration, bandwidth and latency are very interrelated. In reality, latency refers to the time it takes for an event to begin, but it can also designate the rate at which an event begins. We all know where this conversation is heading and for the first time your right let's talk about PING.  Now there are many misconceptions that PING is the tell all be all of how fast your computer is.  This in a way is right and wrong.  Sure the largest latency in your online gaming experience is gonna be your PING because more likely than not your playing on a server that is hundreds of miles away.  The largest factor in determining ping is how many physical devices your data has to pass through or hops before it has to get to its destination; followed by the actual distance to that destination, and third, and most important to those of you looking to improve it, how each of those hops is tweaked to pass your signal.   More often than not, the most untweaked link in that daisy chain is your own home computer and our interface with your isp.   Now that we've gotten the largest possible latency out of the way lets go to the second biggest latency and incidentally it also belongs to the slowest devices and those are your mouse and keyboard.  Since they only operate at 125 hz stock or a refresh of data every 8ms that tends to be the largest source of latency within your computer and with the sticky called Various Q2 Tweaks at the top of this forum you can fix all that so that you are running 1000hz and 1ms of peripheral communication latency(most latencies operate in nanoseconds in the rest of the computer so a millisecond is far more than anything else in your computer).    Your monitor is also a huge source of latency, but don't think the response time is what is going to decrease the latency of your monitor, on the contrary, the main variable in tweaking your monitor latency is your refresh rate which also deals with very slow frequencies in the range of 60 to 200hz.  Since you can't improve this by a factor of 8, it's really not as helpful as the keyboard and mouse tweaks are. Now for those of you with 6 series gpus, just because I'm not a total hater, I'll tell you how to get rid of the largest latency ever intentionally dropped on a computer user. In the 6800 series some graphics card manufacturers through a variable in the universal Nvidia bios chose to activate an option that automatically puts 248 pci latency ontop of your graphics card and with a program called pci latency tool you can eliminate that :) .  Other latencies include various bus and chip tweaks for the computer inside the case, many of which, are essential to good cheating.   So, I suggest  you study every chip in your computer and how to get at them.

Now to deal with the hater,s many of you, especially in adherence to old practices, will steadfastly argue that overclocking is not cheating.  I've learned that fraternities are corrupt organizations, and any rules arbitrated by a fraternity should be rejected as more often than not they are not fair.  Let's be honest many gamers more today than ever think that gaming should operate on seniority and not skill.  They think that as they train and talk to friends that they will be let in on more and better tweaks until they are better than everyone else, and then they can lord this knowledge over the noobs, and have fun pwning them to their hearts content.  Not only is this weak; it's just stupid so I don't understand the connection there.  Now, you might say, if I can't trust people like modz and good players to tell me what cheating is and isn't.  Who can I trust?"  Well when in the world it seems the more people you can get involved in determining the rules of an organization that usually its size alone will keep the organization on the straight and narrow.  The largest organization and also the one with rules that are deemed the most fair would be those of the CyberAtheleteProfessionalLeague or CPL.  I won't go into all the rules here but you can get a good idea of what they are by reading the rules section of any major CPL tournament like the one coming up at CPL Winter 2006 in a couple of weeks.

So, I thought I'd just clear all the air about why all you noobs suck, and why I'm owning all of you.  Let's just face it, god created q2 so I could play it then he made it good so you would like it, and then he gave me leet talents of logic and computer troubleshooting so I could pwn you all day and make you cry.  Have a nice day.   

Couple minor clerical edits that's it.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 12:41:33 PM by ColdFlo »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Well-Reasoned Argument and/or Conclusion
    Demonstrates Exceptional Knowlege of the Game
    Appears Not to Comprehend Game Fundamentals
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Whoosh! You done missed the joke thar Cletus!
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Preposterously Irrational Arguments
    Blindingly Obvious Logical Fallacies
    Absurd Misconstrual of Scientific Principles or Evidence
    Amazing Conspiracy Theory Bro
    Racist Ignoramus
When the mind is fluid, the moon is in the stream where it is at once movable and immovable. The waters are in motion all the time, but the moon retains its serenity.  The mind moves in respon

Offline jägermonsta

• Brobdingnagian Member
  • Bigger Than Jesus
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
Long cry that I'm not going to read for the most part. (Oh wait, you think you're good and you're bragging! Oops. Guess I should of read your rant before posting that you're a whiner. Now you're just full of shit!)

I make the top 3 all the time and I run a stock Q2. No bright skins, no odd textures or highlights, nothing like that. Plain old Quake2 running on a normally setup computer with a mouse and a keyboard. I ping around 60-70 on all TS servers.

You're not making the top 3 because you're not as good? Simple as that. Oh and for the top 3 fraggers (players with most frags)... that for the most part is play time. Just consistent time spent on the FFA servers fragging noobs. No real skill involved imo.  ;)

Maybe I misunderstood and you're not talking about player stats but just winning a map on a FFA server. Well that's simple. Alot of it has to do with luck of your spawn and how much ammo you can dish out in the amount of time your alive. It's not hard to win on vanilla or dm when you spawn near people. But when you spawn away from EVERYONE and you have to travel to your frags. Then you get less frags.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 07:52:45 AM by j »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

vibes

:lolsign:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline ColdFlo

• View Profile
  • Rated:
You know I was gonna write about you, but you obviously don't know me.  I always hit the top 3 and I fuck you. You sound like a pouter to me anyway.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
When the mind is fluid, the moon is in the stream where it is at once movable and immovable. The waters are in motion all the time, but the moon retains its serenity.  The mind moves in respon

Offline jägermonsta

• Brobdingnagian Member
  • Bigger Than Jesus
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
You know I was gonna write about you, but you obviously don't know me.  I always hit the top 3 and I fuck you. You sound like a pouter to me anyway.

Complete noob. Never seen you any where. I doubt you have anything on me.  :D
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline ColdFlo

• View Profile
  • Rated:
No I'm an educator, just trying to level the playing field a little bit.  Soon I'll make it as level as it can possibly get;  I'm just working up to it.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Ghost9

Really cheating is anytime when the players playing the game are not on equal footing(and they never are).

So if you have a nicer video card or a better mouse or spent more time to make your config better that means you're cheating?  I don't agree.

I think cheating is having the computer play for you (bot) or modifying the essence of the game to give yourself an advantage (like a wallhack or spiked models).

• Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline {TNP}Dukie

• Carpal Tunnel Member
    • View Profile
    • http://dukieskinz.homestead.com/dukiesfront.html
  • Rated:
paragraphs paragraphs paragraphs
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
"To see me, you must download my skin!"
"To see me, you must download my skin!"

[img]http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/gizmotimetemp_both/language/

Offline X'tyfe

• Phenomenally Prodigious Member
  • Yep
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
rofl-fucking-copter  :evilgrin: your still here coldflo?
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline naymlis

• Swanky Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
 :eyecrazy:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline [BTF]Jehar

• Swanky Member
  • Gee Gee or Whatnot.
    • View Profile
    • Tastyspleen.tv
  • Rated:
Good lord, here's a prayer that I never sound like that :P
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
Tastyspleen ==Tastyspleen.tv==! All Quake, All the Time

Offline jägermonsta

• Brobdingnagian Member
  • Bigger Than Jesus
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
Holy shit. Did anyone take the time and read that whole text filled blur?  :o

I hope not. Just a bunch of crap, 95% of it makes no sense or is totally incorrect. Don't waste your time.  :ohlord:

• Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

vibes

Hence my  :lolsign: reply

yes, long read and it does give something to think about.

Lots of work went into that.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline X'tyfe

• Phenomenally Prodigious Member
  • Yep
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
is this guy for reelz? kids, this is what a REAL nub looks like
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline [BTF] Reflex

• Loquaciously Multiloquent Member
  • !
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
 I say we ban this overclocking, bandwidth hacking, polling rate tweakerhead cheater!

I'm never in the top three, no matter how hard I try.
Duels are a bitch that way.

:P
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
Sometimes I think it’s a sin when I feel like I’m winnin’ when I’m losin’ again

El Box de Shoutamente

Last 10 Shouts:

RyU

September 03, 2024, 05:15:49 PM
And wow Derrick is still playing lol

RyU

September 03, 2024, 05:15:15 PM
Just know yesterday is gone and soon tomorrow will be gone too  :)

Lejionator

August 08, 2024, 07:28:01 PM
It's tiem to QuakeCon!!!  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThQd_UJaTys

ImperiusDamian

July 26, 2024, 09:34:53 PM
In nomine Quake II et Id Software et Spiritus John Carmack, Amen.

QuakeDuke

July 26, 2024, 05:10:30 PM
Hey, shout, summertime blues
Jump up and down in you blue suede shoes
Hey, did you rock and roll? Rock on!!  ...QD

Yotematoi

July 24, 2024, 01:31:20 PM
Ayer me mato 5 veces para robarme en la vida real hará lo mismo? [img]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid0wXU2VgS7atesBcSoMz5BWMJCJajeZFVT6GzSU6TtpJGddN9kLTvWNgcZaskkbKFQl&amp;show_text=true&amp;width=500
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid0wXU2VgS7atesBcSoMz5BWMJCJajeZFVT6GzSU6TtpJGddN9kLTvWNgcZaskkbKFQl&show_text=true&width=500" width="500"

Yotematoi

July 24, 2024, 01:25:59 PM
hi ya está la basura de Martin, se cambió el nombre es un ladron estupido, asi llegó a 10000[img]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&amp;show_text
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&show_text

Yotematoi

July 24, 2024, 01:25:59 PM
hi ya está la basura de Martin, se cambió el nombre es un ladron estupido, asi llegó a 10000[img]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&amp;show_text
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&show_text

-Unh0ly-

July 05, 2024, 05:20:36 AM

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 06:29:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length