Author Topic: Quadz, the Loquaciously Multiloquent Member  (Read 33057 times)

Offline bvughtoonice

• Swanky Member
  • Join Quake Legacy Mod Revival Discord!
    • View Profile
    • Mod Revival made easy on discord chat!
  • Rated:
Re: Quadz, the Loquaciously Multiloquent Member
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2021, 02:19:18 PM »
I saw/felt this was coming few days before I saw Quest make this post...

Almost made a shout in the shoutbox but was too busy to log on the forum and wasn't sure if it would be understood as prophetic or a disrespectful joke.

So sad it's true.
quadz ][ Forever

https://dondeq2.com/2020/04/30/tastyspleen-net-tastyspleen-forum-image-archive/

Let's all work together in community service to keep quake alive
Long live quadz
Bring more Life back to your favorite mod! on discord chat!#gloom #vortex #qpong #kots #giex #q2jump #ra2 #wod #wodx #railwarz #LMCTF #LFireCTF #expertctf https://quakelegacy.com/

Offline WallFly[BZZZ]

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2021, 09:00:10 PM »
(Elysium here, I'm posting via WallFly since I don't have access to my original forum account and new accounts cannot be created without validation from quadz.)

I'm deeply saddened by the loss of quadz, he embodied so many qualities that I lacked in myself that it was only natural to look up to him.

The level of commitment he made to this community over the years is immeasurable - not just when it came to the maintaining of the site, forum and servers but the selfless use of his time, help and understanding.

He was one of the most intelligent, generous and forgiving people I've ever known and his example will always be a model for me when it comes to how a person should act and treat others.

My condolences to his family, friends and the Quake 2 community.

Offline 2d

• Carpal Tunnel Member
  • Bow Down to the King
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2021, 01:54:39 AM »
i logged on here and read page 5 of the forum instead of page 1 so when i read elysiums comments i was confused....

but after reading everyone's comments from page 1, i am horrified and saddened...

my deep condolences go out to his family and kin. i am so sorry for your loss. If his family ever logs in to read these comments, just know that quadz was a genius in this realm, and we were all grateful to have shared some time with him on our collective journey.

quadz muted me for 8 months in the servers a long time ago (lol) (still a record i think) while ex and the rest bashed me nightly. I was a leftover of hals9000 servers, jumping around playing on random servers.

I found this forum because i wanted to try and convince quadz that i was unfairly targeted and that the commotion was mutual and agreed upon war.

In the course of trying to speak to the mod who muted me, i discovered the community, and over the months, i found that i truly enjoyed the structure, the freedom, and its members. I encountered long lost friends and developed new relationships.

quadz and tastyspleen provided an outlet for many of us, an outlet to decompress and to exercise our innate creativity and absurdity. I am grateful to have chatted with quadz in Irc and on these very forums. I am grateful that he had the godlike level of patience and forgiveness that many of us oddities required. I am grateful to have read his thoughts as his words made me think twice about things i would have never entertained. 

I would like to think that i provided some minute joy in his life. I remember moments where he would change my name in game to absurdities and kick me for saying dum things. I remember a streamed match where i made it to the end against adrenalin by picking odd maps, with jehar commenting, and i ended up failing and losing because i ran out of rockets and i tried to run away from the fight. I remember quadz laughing in irc afterwards because i kept crying that everything was rigged.

i would like to think he enjoyed playing ra2 when we would have our nights, and i would like to think he enjoyed my engaging him in these forums on both serious and absurd topics.

eventually after 8 months, he unmuted me and the rest is history.
I am truly grateful that this man existed and that this man dedicated his life to this game, this forum and to this community.

no matter what your religious beliefs are about the afterworld, just remember that this community, his legacy, gives testimony on behalf of the beauty of his essence.

I will miss him greatly.

Godspeed quadz, you still live on in our memories and in our hearts. we love you
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 11:51:56 PM by 2d »
Futhermore, you keep saying "occupation". It's not an occupation.
Denial is a crime against humanity!

Offline |iR|Focalor

• Irrepressibly Profuse Member
  • Help Destroy America: VOTE DEMOCRAT
    • View Profile
    • Focalor's Horrible Website: We Rape You Til The Room Stinks
  • Rated:
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2021, 12:20:33 PM »
Quadz was also an incredibly good musician, playing guitar, bass, and some drums.  He played in a couple of local San Diego bands and their music was pretty good.  I think he could have made a career of it.  Have a look at this video of him playing Yngwie Malmsteen's "Far Beyond the Sun":

http://cila-search.net/~quadz/music/guitar_practice/MVI_8806-090810-fbts-render.mp4

And here he is playing bass (his own composition):

http://cila-search.net/~quadz/music/bass_practice/MVI_4370-slap-riffs-071214-clip.mp4

I remembered seeing pics he posted somewhere around here of himself playing bass in his younger years, but I don't think this was the exact picture I saw. Perhaps theres more around here somewhere. Anyways, spotted this post earlier.

Here are pics of me 13 years ago and 3 years ago... Notice the incredible durability of that T-shirt.  Sadly, I lost it when I last moved.  ;D

Regards,

:mrgreen:

Used to talk about gear with him in the music section. He was definitely a better musician than me. Unlike me, he actually seemed to care about learning new things in music (like when he shared that video of himself playing Malmsteen), whereas for the longest time I've been lazily content to play the same tired old 12 bar blues based crap for the last 10 years.

BTW, if anyone has any of the music he did with any of his bands, I'd love to hear it.

Offline [BTF]RottenRose

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2021, 05:56:18 PM »
There will never be enough words to express how amazing of a person Quadz was. I remember when I first met him at DeathStalker's lan and he was just as lovely of a person online as in person. He helped Jehar and me so much. He took us in our first quakecon and made tastyspleentv possible. Could write up a list, but it wouldn't put it into perspective how big of an impact he had on our online and real life.

We all are feeling the pain of this loss and I'm glad we have each other to lean on. Love you all even when some of you are being or have been absolute brats.

Mrs Quadz, I'm so sorry for your loss and please let me know if you need anything.
Ways to love Tastyspleen.tv

Radio: http://bit.ly/1vbPDQ
Video: http://bit.ly/d1htz Movie: http://bit.ly/axvufM facebook:http://on.fb.me/96nVXz Twitter: http://bit.ly/h3zyaP

Offline -=[AZ]=-

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2021, 01:43:36 AM »
I had a hard time swallowing this. I put off acknowledging this, in hopes that quadz would return and that this wasn't true. I am now sharing my condolences.

My family and I grew up playing Quake. Some of my earliest memories in life are playing this game. Part of my development as a human being, as a man, came from this game and this community.

I would like to thank Quadz, and the entire TS community for putting up with my shit over the years.

R.I.P Quadz, you truly will be missed.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 12:39:43 PM by -=[AZ]=- »
7883: ever since clown psycho analyzed 888, hes been hiding

Offline TriggerHappy{FLP}

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2021, 07:09:09 PM »
had no idea you were a guitar player thats cool man ive been trying to learn some george lynch stuff for some time but his playing is difficult to emulate
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Well-Reasoned Argument and/or Conclusion
    Demonstrates Exceptional Knowlege of the Game
    Appears Not to Comprehend Game Fundamentals
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Whoosh! You done missed the joke thar Cletus!
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Preposterously Irrational Arguments
    Blindingly Obvious Logical Fallacies
    Absurd Misconstrual of Scientific Principles or Evidence
    Amazing Conspiracy Theory Bro
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline R1CH

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2021, 07:08:56 AM »
I only found out about this news today, so sad :(. My condolences to his family and friends.

Quadz's dedication to running TS deserves so much praise, there's not many people who would put in this amount of time and money to support a 20 year old game. Just look at these forums, there's over 15 years of history among these pages. Every interaction I had with Quadz was positive, whether it was helping to make anticheat better by reporting new hacks or bypasses or giving me access to TS to help debug R1Q2 server issues. He will be missed. Hopefully his legacy of TS can continue with a new owner in the future.

Offline cse

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2021, 11:06:21 PM »
Recently heard this really sad news. A huge loss to the Quake 2 community world-wide. Quadz helped a bunch of us with configuring and tweaking Australian Quake 2 servers (OGN and later OzQuake) many years ago. He would always respond quickly to our queries and always had the right solution for everything. His unwavering dedication to the TS Quake 2 community and keeping it thriving for so long, is a monumental feat! Heartfelt condolences to his family and friends.

Offline X'tyfe

• Phenomenally Prodigious Member
  • Yep
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2021, 07:15:38 PM »
Not to derail this at all. But just to consolidate in one place, is there a plan to keep things going?
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline Xavagus

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2021, 12:08:11 PM »
Quote from: X'tyfe on July 28, 2021, 07:15:38 PM
Not to derail this at all. But just to consolidate in one place, is there a plan to keep things going?

Yes, absolutely.  MrsQuadz and I have finally managed to get the server in her name and billing and she will be paying for it and keeping it running indefinitely just like Quadz would have wanted. 

We still have some issues to get sorted but we expect things to keep going.

-Xav

Offline 0rbisson

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2021, 04:40:53 PM »
What a kind and generous family. Some may scratch their heads and say why keep a 24yo game active? Why not just let it die? there is so much history that would have been lost forever into the echos of time. Quake2 still has a very active community after all these years. Some old farts, Some younger players that have been taught how to play by their parents who have played since the game first came out. It remains one of the most celebrated games of all time. Maybe one day it will eventually die nothing lasts forever but the memory sure lives on.

Words can not express the gratitude for Quadz and now his family.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline rikwad

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2021, 05:52:03 PM »

Yes, absolutely.  MrsQuadz and I have finally managed to get the server in her name and billing and she will be paying for it and keeping it running indefinitely just like Quadz would have wanted. 

-Xav

Thanks Mrs. Quadz!  :notworthy:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• Irrepressibly Profuse Member
  • Help Destroy America: VOTE DEMOCRAT
    • View Profile
    • Focalor's Horrible Website: We Rape You Til The Room Stinks
  • Rated:
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2021, 12:17:20 AM »
MrsQuadz and I have finally managed to get the server in her name and billing and she will be paying for it and keeping it running indefinitely just like Quadz would have wanted. 

I know it'll take some work to do, and I don't wanna request extra things and make someone feel like they need to do some work that they might not want to do, so feel free to decline if you want, but... if there's a way to set up some sort of donation collection to contribute to the server fees (like Quadz was doing for a little while back in the day), and if it could accept things like prepaid Visa and Mastercard and Paypal, etc, I'd like the opportunity to be able to help out a little bit. I'm sure others would as well.

Offline soh

• Carpal Tunnel Member
  • "Wir müssen wissen, wir werden wissen"
    • View Profile
    • Escher Site
  • Rated:
« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2021, 12:58:37 AM »
I remember Quadz liked Monty Python:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjhpo0Frxig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBWr1KtnRcI

:D

-Xav

What! Hey that's good news!!! :bravo:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

El Box de Shoutamente

Last 10 Shouts:

RyU

September 03, 2024, 05:15:49 PM
And wow Derrick is still playing lol

RyU

September 03, 2024, 05:15:15 PM
Just know yesterday is gone and soon tomorrow will be gone too  :)

Lejionator

August 08, 2024, 07:28:01 PM
It's tiem to QuakeCon!!!  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThQd_UJaTys

ImperiusDamian

July 26, 2024, 09:34:53 PM
In nomine Quake II et Id Software et Spiritus John Carmack, Amen.

QuakeDuke

July 26, 2024, 05:10:30 PM
Hey, shout, summertime blues
Jump up and down in you blue suede shoes
Hey, did you rock and roll? Rock on!!  ...QD

Yotematoi

July 24, 2024, 01:31:20 PM
Ayer me mato 5 veces para robarme en la vida real hará lo mismo? [img]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid0wXU2VgS7atesBcSoMz5BWMJCJajeZFVT6GzSU6TtpJGddN9kLTvWNgcZaskkbKFQl&amp;show_text=true&amp;width=500
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid0wXU2VgS7atesBcSoMz5BWMJCJajeZFVT6GzSU6TtpJGddN9kLTvWNgcZaskkbKFQl&show_text=true&width=500" width="500"

Yotematoi

July 24, 2024, 01:25:59 PM
hi ya está la basura de Martin, se cambió el nombre es un ladron estupido, asi llegó a 10000[img]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&amp;show_text
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&show_text

Yotematoi

July 24, 2024, 01:25:59 PM
hi ya está la basura de Martin, se cambió el nombre es un ladron estupido, asi llegó a 10000[img]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&amp;show_text
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&show_text

-Unh0ly-

July 05, 2024, 05:20:36 AM

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 07, 2024, 07:38:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length