Author Topic: Critical Social Justice & The Cult of Wokeness  (Read 13008 times)

Offline Punk_FAS

• Carpal Tunnel Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
Re: Critical Social Justice & The Cult of Wokeness
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2020, 11:20:10 AM »

https://twitter.com/ConceptualJames/status/1274837786261102594

"Stop using white history, white mathematics, and white science" says the person advertising their "white PhD" in their twitter handle.

Did you determine what subject her PhD was in?
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Well-Reasoned Argument and/or Conclusion
    Demonstrates Exceptional Knowlege of the Game
    Appears Not to Comprehend Game Fundamentals
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Whoosh! You done missed the joke thar Cletus!
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Preposterously Irrational Arguments
    Blindingly Obvious Logical Fallacies
    Absurd Misconstrual of Scientific Principles or Evidence
    Amazing Conspiracy Theory Bro
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline haunted

• Indefatiguably Vociferous Member
  • I am hollywood.
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2020, 11:27:45 AM »
This stupidity(all of it) will influence my ballot heavily in November. Need to start researching my local and state choices.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline haunted

• I am hollywood.
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2020, 11:36:48 AM »

https://twitter.com/ConceptualJames/status/1274837786261102594

"Stop using white history, white mathematics, and white science" says the person advertising their "white PhD" in their twitter handle.

Are you just asking what her doctorate is in? Or are you inquiring why he said her "white" PhD?

Edit: sociology from NC State.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline quadz

• Brobdingnagian Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2020, 11:47:44 AM »

Sociology.

But the PhD is a gatekeeping mechanism that centers whiteness, operating within the norms of existing white power structures, serving to maintain white cultural supremacy. Any sufficiently modern sociologist knows that: it's just science!

• Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
"He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious."

Offline metaL

• Opulent Member
  • American Badass
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2020, 11:51:27 AM »
I'm 90% glad I don't gave twitter.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• Irrepressibly Profuse Member
  • OFFO
    • View Profile
    • Focalor's Lair @ Tastyspleen.net
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2020, 09:27:01 AM »

GOOD GOD, I'm so tired of the endless media barrage of re-education bullshit. Every time I turn on my Edge browser on the XboxOne, it's nothing but a litany of liberal leftist new-think propaganda. Same shit on Firefox on my PC now too.

The one that pops up today:

The Confederacy Was an Antidemocratic, Centralized State -
The actual Confederate States of America was a repressive state devoted to white supremacy.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/06/confederacy-wasnt-what-you-think/613309/

Obviously there's a reason why I keep seeing all these fucking "articles" (opinionated editorials, NOT NEWS) that are attempting to (re)educate people about Civil War history. This shit happened ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY YEARS ago. There is no new information that you're gonna enlighten us all with. Americans have studied this shit since it happened.

I'm not saying I want the information about it hidden. What I AM saying is STOP hiding the obvious motives behind the persistent info-barrage.

Blanket headlines like saying the Confederacy was "anti-democratic" shows a complete misunderstanding of the entire situation. Every state that joined the Confederacy VOTED... FOR THEMSELVES... to secede from the union and form their own independent nation. No one FORCED them to. Although that statement in the context of the whole situation is somewhat untrue as well. They felt as though they had no choice but to secede, as the instantaneous evaporation of slave labor would've driven much of the souths textile and tobacco farms out of business, and indeed IT DID as a result of how the war ended.

Yeah, slavery was bad. The Confederacy wanted to continue slavery, and that made it bad. These are things we all fucking know and HAVE known - obviously since BEFORE the war, since people wanted to outlaw slavery because it was immoral. The horse is fucking dead already.

You watch the old black and white footage of Hitler sitting on the back of his convertible Mercedes, driving through huge crowds of adoring people worshiping him like Jesus Christ resurrected. You see the crowds kicking and beating jews in the street. You see them painting the trademark star of David on jewish storefronts. And you say, "How could a people suddenly start acting that way?"

They were TRAINED to think that way. Newspapers and movies constantly barraged their minds with stories like the "Eternal Jew" and "Suss the Jew". Am I the only one seeing the parallels here? I don't see anything wrong with being critical of the Confederacy as a negative thing in history. But I get the feeling that someone out there isn't pushing this shit so much to be critical of the Confederacy as they are to be critical of white people, and white southerners in particular. Within leftist internet groups, it's an egregious offense to make fun of pretty much anyone - fat people, poor people, retarded people... except those dumb uneducated rednecks from the south.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline haunted

• I am hollywood.
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2020, 10:42:11 AM »
It's just the start. I don't give a shit about the Confederate flag. It doesn't bother me in the least to make it's permanent location in museums. I think people that get worked up over it are silly, however, what if them standing up for that flag is their way of standing up to the slippery slope of change that is upon us? Toppling statues, burning books, and reeducation/reframing history. If Biden avoids the debates, and there's mail-in voting, he'll win 100% seemingly. The same people that cultivated and promoted everyone's hatred for trump are being allowed to pick the president through biden's VP nominee. We're at a certain stage in the book Animal Farm where they rewrite the law from "All animals are created equal" to "All animals are created equal, but some are more equal than others", and everything is being restructured to the vision of the same people who manipulated us to be "orange man bad" zombies. It really didn't sink in for me until there has been radio silence from constitutionalist/libertarian leaning Republicans in office about everything that's happening.

I've been thinking about it for months now because my house has been increasing in value greatly, but I'm going to sell and move back to the isolated sandbar I grew up on. I don't want my kids growing up around that shit. We've already decided to homeschool for kindergarten. My oldest has never used or  heard the word "black" when referring to a person's skin color. He's never asked. He plays with all kids, and race is truly irrelevant to him. I'm not allowing him to be around crap:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xBUFcv0y0yk

So he asks shit like this:

I'm looking for the clip, it shows CNN discussing race with 6 year olds, and the little boy wants to be a neurosurgeon so he can perform surgery on racists to fix them.

So yeah this woke restructure can go fuck itself.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• OFFO
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2020, 12:54:44 PM »
I don't give a shit about the Confederate flag. It doesn't bother me in the least to make it's permanent location in museums. I think people that get worked up over it are silly, however, what if them standing up for that flag is their way of standing up to the slippery slope of change that is upon us? Toppling statues, burning books, and reeducation/reframing history.

I kinda give a shit. What does that flag mean? It's all about INTENT. When it was put on state flags during the 50's, the intent was to act as a sign of resistance to the civil rights movement. That's a clearly shitty intent. The presence of the battle flag on those flags did not offend ME PERSONALLY, but if black folks did find it offensive, then yeah, I can support their desire to want to see it removed, and it's good that it's gone now.

To me, and and plenty of other folks, our own personal modern usage of the flag is only intended to represent our geographical location and our love for the place we've lived in for generations, our love for our unique southern culture, and our heritage of "rebel pride" - that we are individuals, and we don't take bullshit from anyone. Part of that heritage and history is INDEED slavery. But the intent in displaying it is certainly NOT to support or condone slavery. And other people might furiously disagree that it DOES mean exactly that in spite of our intent.

Well... to those people I'd offer a hearty FUCK YOU for assuming what I believe in spite of me explicitly expressing precisely what I mean by using it... or by refusing to listen to what my intent is in the first place. That's on YOU, not me.

And that's why I oppose anyone attempting to dictate that "you can ONLY display this thing within our prescribed specific setting of a museum." Nascar has banned it and won't allow the few people in campers to fly it in the infield anymore, and won't allow people to wear it on clothing at Nascar events.

Imagine this... a guy shows up at the gate at Charlotte Motor Speedway with a ratty old Pantera t-shirt which has a Confederate flag in the background of the image. He can't get in wearing that shirt. But if the guy behind him has on a t-shirt which features a swastika on someone's uniform in the background... C'MON IN, DUDE!

It's a free country (supposedly). After decades of jerking off to Swank and Club International magazines that won't show full penetration, we were finally able to toss out ridiculous nanny-state obscenity laws in the 90's. That wasn't very long ago, and frankly it's fucking retarded that it took a FREE SOCIETY like us that long to tell these religio-moral infused laws to go fuck off. And now we're gonna go back and start restricting shit again just because it's the one thing a conglomerate of chronically upset assholes on social media pick to hate on? Pfft.

Opposition to the Confederate "X" battle flag in my opinion is the spoon-fed selective outrage of ignorant tools. The Confederacy had more than one flag. So uh... no one tell these idiots that the Georgia State flag is basically still a Confederate flag.

http://forum.tastyspleen.net/quake/index.php?topic=21305.msg225270#msg225270
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline haunted

• I am hollywood.
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2020, 01:19:18 PM »
I don't give a shit about the Confederate flag. It doesn't bother me in the least to make it's permanent location in museums. I think people that get worked up over it are silly, however, what if them standing up for that flag is their way of standing up to the slippery slope of change that is upon us? Toppling statues, burning books, and reeducation/reframing history.

I kinda give a shit. What does that flag mean? It's all about INTENT. When it was put on state flags during the 50's, the intent was to act as a sign of resistance to the civil rights movement. That's a clearly shitty intent. The presence of the battle flag on those flags did not offend ME PERSONALLY, but if black folks did find it offensive, then yeah, I can support their desire to want to see it removed, and it's good that it's gone now.

To me, and and plenty of other folks, our own personal modern usage of the flag is only intended to represent our geographical location and our love for the place we've lived in for generations, our love for our unique southern culture, and our heritage of "rebel pride" - that we are individuals, and we don't take bullshit from anyone. Part of that heritage and history is INDEED slavery. But the intent in displaying it is certainly NOT to support or condone slavery. And other people might furiously disagree that it DOES mean exactly that in spite of our intent.

Well... to those people I'd offer a hearty FUCK YOU for assuming what I believe in spite of me explicitly expressing precisely what I mean by using it... or by refusing to listen to what my intent is in the first place. That's on YOU, not me.

And that's why I oppose anyone attempting to dictate that "you can ONLY display this thing within our prescribed specific setting of a museum." Nascar has banned it and won't allow the few people in campers to fly it in the infield anymore, and won't allow people to wear it on clothing at Nascar events.

Imagine this... a guy shows up at the gate at Charlotte Motor Speedway with a ratty old Pantera t-shirt which has a Confederate flag in the background of the image. He can't get in wearing that shirt. But if the guy behind him has on a t-shirt which features a swastika on someone's uniform in the background... C'MON IN, DUDE!

It's a free country (supposedly). After decades of jerking off to Swank and Club International magazines that won't show full penetration, we were finally able to toss out ridiculous nanny-state obscenity laws in the 90's. That wasn't very long ago, and frankly it's fucking retarded that it took a FREE SOCIETY like us that long to tell these religio-moral infused laws to go fuck off. And now we're gonna go back and start restricting shit again just because it's the one thing a conglomerate of chronically upset assholes on social media pick to hate on? Pfft.

Opposition to the Confederate "X" battle flag in my opinion is the spoon-fed selective outrage of ignorant tools. The Confederacy had more than one flag. So uh... no one tell these idiots that the Georgia State flag is basically still a Confederate flag.

http://forum.tastyspleen.net/quake/index.php?topic=21305.msg225270#msg225270

That's actually how I feel, which is why I expanded on it as an after thought. "Part of me thinks a lot people who are pissed off from it are being silly, BUT... what if / etc. / defending them" would've been better.  The part I put in bold from your post is exactly why for me. I don't want them to be offended or feel different from me as an American. Is each 'historical item' being evaluated on an individual case by case basis like this? Nope, burn it all. If it's a part of white America it's racist, so that's everything except stuff that elites have ties to.

It's an interesting point I've seen made 3 times now about Yale in some of the videos posted here,  and how people are predicting they won't change the name of Yale.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• OFFO
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2020, 02:21:34 PM »
It's an interesting point I've seen made 3 times now about Yale in some of the videos posted here,  and how people are predicting they won't change the name of Yale.

I didn't know about that one. After googling and seeing a few small twitters from some HUGE TWATTERS...

...One of them talking shit about "Not just a slave owner, but a slave trader! Change the name and have it taken off every building and paper and yadda yadda! Change the names of these monuments to slavery!"

Again, let's have a fucking dose of calm the fuck down and think about it for a minute, douchebags. Is the purpose of naming Yale as Yale simply to say "We think slavery was fuckin' great!"? I really don't think they ever would've done that, even DURING slavery.

I made a dumbass comment on the servers the other day blabbing about shit. Something like, "We shouldn't use words anymore, because racism is a word, therefore all words are bad. From now on, we'll just communicate in our perfect progressive society by pointing at things and grunting."

Shitheads can sometimes do good things. Bill Cosby donated a lot of money and put a lot of kids through college. The Cosby Show was funny. Fat Albert was a positive cartoon for kids that depicted black people at a time when it was really the ONLY representation of blacks as a race in the cartoon world. And then he also raped... too many women... an excessive amount of women... more than an acceptable amount of women, did he rape with his penis after drugging them.

OJ Simpson was one of the greatest runningbacks of all time. National champ in 67, Heisman in 68, still holds the NFL record for most rushing yards per game in a season, 5 time pro bowler, an absolute NFL legend. And then he also stabbed the living fuck out of his wife and her friend about 11 zillion times until they were very very dead. And then after getting acquitted of it due to the incompetence of the prosecution, he was dumb enough to convince himself that it was a brilliant idea to publish a book called "If I did it."

Anyway, whatever. Change the fuckin' name you retards. License the fucking university like stadiums do. Maybe Liberty Mutual Insurance University for the next 5 years, and then do another contract with Verizon and call it Verizon Wireless University... until we prove that cell phones gave everyone head cancer in the 90's, and we protest the name to be changed again like the douchebags that we are.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline metaL

• Opulent Member
  • American Badass
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2020, 02:57:05 PM »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline quadz

• Brobdingnagian Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
"He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious."

Offline quadz

• Brobdingnagian Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline quadz

• Brobdingnagian Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline metaL

• Opulent Member
  • American Badass
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2020, 03:21:01 PM »
THEY DEFACED STEVIE RAY VAUGHAUN?????????

I got somethin for you bitches.

https://youtu.be/n04v6pq1Akk
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

El Box de Shoutamente

Last 10 Shouts:

-Unh0ly-

November 28, 2020, 11:00:35 PM
Go to http://www.unholyq2.com for new map DUST II from cs 1.6 and cs go. there is map and textures and HD textures

|iR|Focalor

November 25, 2020, 07:23:26 PM

-Unh0ly-

November 24, 2020, 09:17:05 AM
after careful consideration and after reviewing chat logs,, as of today -=KEA RA1LZ=- FFA INSTAGIB CHICAGO! will no longer feature offhand graplling hook

|iR|Focalor

November 14, 2020, 05:47:55 AM

|iR|Focalor

November 13, 2020, 01:09:21 AM

[BTF]Fatknitty

October 28, 2020, 06:54:07 AM
them bots r back on DM...  please send help fast!

Admin

October 26, 2020, 11:12:00 AM
Ban list updated.

otg

October 26, 2020, 08:58:27 AM
there are bots back spam chatting and taking up slots. please fix!

|iR|Focalor

October 24, 2020, 02:23:53 PM

adz1La

October 18, 2020, 12:05:02 AM
 ;)

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 30, 2020, 03:17:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length