Author Topic: Fire ants  (Read 2970 times)

Offline haunted

• Irrepressibly Profuse Member
  • I am hollywood.
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
Fire ants
« on: May 11, 2018, 08:25:26 PM »
I don't even know where to begin.... They suck. I've had some bad luck with them recently. I got eaten alive in Florida. Two months ago and I still have purple scars. I took a leak on their mound and they took it the wrong way. All over my feet and ankles. For those of you unfamiliar with fire ants there's different kinds but a common theme is dark red inflammation and a puss filled white head. With lots of initial pain then itching afterward.

Then I come home to southern NC(I grew up on an island where we DONT HAVE FUCKING FIRE ANTS) and I see these fucking mounds around these oak logs I cut up a few months ago. I see ants but think nothing of it. Ants are all little pricks, but only fire ants are massive cunts. I had only experienced fire ants in Florida and Georgia. Georgia they're HUGE, but these are the worst I've seen. I'm taking a chain saw to 2-3 ft diameter logs then I suddenly realize that this shit is so ant infested that the chain rewinding is literally flinging ants at me. I look down and I'm covered. Apparently fire ants don't like getting chainsawed, I got bit 50 times or so. The dozen bites on my ankle made it swell up so much it looked like I broke it. And speaking of broke, I can broke my toe the other day. Can't get a fucking break with my feet.

I'm really mad at this point. I set large portions of my yard on fire with gasoline. After saturating areas with gas, I walked around with a blow torch in one hand and a beer in the other delivering justice on these bastards.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Well-Reasoned Argument and/or Conclusion
    Demonstrates Exceptional Knowlege of the Game
    Appears Not to Comprehend Game Fundamentals
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Whoosh! You done missed the joke thar Cletus!
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Preposterously Irrational Arguments
    Blindingly Obvious Logical Fallacies
    Absurd Misconstrual of Scientific Principles or Evidence
    Amazing Conspiracy Theory Bro
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline haunted

• I am hollywood.
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
Re: Fire ants
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 08:26:55 PM »
I'm going to bed. I'll post chapter 2 tomorrow.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• Help Destroy America: VOTE DEMOCRAT
    • View Profile
    • Focalor's Horrible Website: We Rape You Til The Room Stinks
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 04:50:28 AM »
Hahaha! Yeah, we are perpetually infested with fireants in GA. I go through probably 5 or 6 cans of Ortho Orthene a season keeping all the hundreds of mounds dusted with it. If you aren't familiar with them, they are tiny and very unassuming, but pack one hell of a bite. It's not the chompers they bite you with that hurts, it's the venom in their saliva that seeps in about 5 to 10 seconds after they start chewing on you. One bite can leave a raised welt the size of a dime to a quarter or a little wider. So if you get more than 5 in one area, it's gonna feel like someone peeling your skin off with a cheese grater for 30 minutes. If you get a whole shitload of bites, like 30 or 40 or more, it can potentially kill you with the anaphylactic shock and even death if it's really bad. But their bites are so sharp and stinging that it almost never gets that bad. The first one bites you, and you start madly brushing the rest of them off before they bite.

Gasoline is probably overkill though. I dunno how effective it would be. The colony could possibly survive. Poison is the best way to permanently kill them. The Ortho stuff doesn't kill the ants like a "poison" though. It sterilizes the queen, she dies without producing a new queen, and the colony perishes with her. Or something like that, I dunno. It says on the can to sprinkle like 1 or 2 tablespoons on the mound, but fuck that, I just turn the can over and sprinkle the shit on the mound until the whole top of its white, and it's way more than a tablespoons worth.

Sometimes they come back though. The Ortho stuff isnt ALWAYS effective, but usually it is. Here lately, I've been using powdered Sevin to dust the mounds. That shit IS poison. It'll straight up kill everything that touches it. Ants, beetles, worms, bores,... birds, fish, little babies. If you want them FOR SURE DEAD AS FUCK, Sevin is the shit. But it's toxic, can't use it near waterways and pets and shit. They say use gloves and dont touch it. If you got a dog, don't let your dog go sniffing around a mound where you dusted it with Sevin or it could breathe the shit in and get sick.

Most of the times I ever see ants in GA, they're always fireants. You'd think they're the only fucking ants we have. But once in a blue moon, you might see the harmless larger black ants... I forget what they're called. And on pretty rare occasion, you might come across a solitary red velvet ant wandering around. It's actually not an ant though. It's a wingless wasp. It doesn't bite with mandibles, it repeatedly stings from it's ass with a retractable stinger like a wasp. I've seen two or three in my whole life, they're pretty rare to spot. Never been stung by one, but from what people say, it's about as painful as a gunshot. Farmers call them "cow ants" or "cow killer ants" because supposedly the venom is so painful that it can kill a cow (not true obviously).

Here's a douchey dip shit intentionally letting one sting him,... and probably Barbara Streisand-ing up for the camera. Love the intensely over dramatic music they add in through the show too. What a fucking dickhead. ::)

<span data-s9e-mediaembed="youtube" style="display:inline-block;width:100%;max-width:640px"><span style="display:block;overflow:hidden;position:relative;padding-bottom:56.25%"><iframe allowfullscreen="" scrolling="no" style="background:url(https://i.ytimg.com/vi/EF-oSVCCqzU/hqdefault.jpg) 50% 50% / cover;border:0;height:100%;left:0;position:absolute;width:100%" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EF-oSVCCqzU"></iframe></span></span><br /><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EF-oSVCCqzU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EF-oSVCCqzU</a>
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline haunted

• I am hollywood.
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 07:50:44 PM »
Gasoline doesn't work good. I was pissed off so it was war. Sure I killed a thousand of those bastards though and it was satisfying. I got 20 bites in Florida and 25 in NC. They bruise afterward is what pisses me off. One bite still has a solid bruise around it bigger than a 50 cent piece. All the other quarters. The picture below was one of the clusters of multiple bites shortly after happening. Then later everything bruises purple and swells up way more. My ankle looked sprained.

I poisoned them the following day. I got the really powerful shit that's cheap recommended by Georgians I know. I dilute it with water and spray it everywhere with my hose through an attachment. They died. I got the dust stuff too but it's just so toxic when I got a kid picking shot off the ground and eating it. That might be the sevin stuff you have? It kills them instantly almost. I'm not at my house. Diluting that crap and spraying it makes it ok after a few days though, it's more kid friendly and definitely worked but 24 hours.

• Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline haunted

• I am hollywood.
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2018, 08:12:55 PM »
Yeah that guys an idiot. If it's anything like fire ants that looked terrible 24 hours later. By the way, I got bit on my thumb cuticle literally a few mm away from my nail. Cuticle swelled up 5x it's size with a huge puss head. Lmao... Still is like that.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2018, 06:27:08 PM »
It shouldn't be leaving bruises, just red itchy welts and tiny blisters where they bit. Maybe you are hypersensitive to the venom. Might wanna see a doctor to make sure you aren't allergic. With that kinda stuff, you don't get more immunity the more you're exposed, you become more hypersensitive. Last thing you wanna do is get bit out somewhere and go into shock with no medicine. I'm like that with poison ivy. One dot of it on me and it goes EVERYWHERE. I can't eat cashews anymore either cuz their in the same family as poison ivy and poison oak. Imagine getting poison ivy blisters just from eating cashews. Strange as fuck, but happens to me every time I do it.

Or maybe they aren't fireants. Are they kinda small and reddish brownish like a regular wasp?
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline haunted

• I am hollywood.
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2018, 07:47:37 PM »
They're definitely fire ants. When I initially gasolined them I drive the winged ant females out and they were bringing out eggs too since they were in evacuation mode. But not wasp looking. Every state I've learned prides themselves on how bad their fire ants are particularly Georgia and Texas lol. I've been eaten alive by South Florida and south NC, and there was definitely a difference. South Florida had me cursing my ass off as it happened. My feet felt like they were on fire for 30 minutes hence the name. North Carolina was bearable in comparison but the post affect was way worse, not that Florida is lacking in that though. I still have a faint hue of purple from those still even.

I could be some what allergic but i doubt it. I was actually under estimating the amount of bites I received each time.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline Sgt. Dick

• Loquaciously Multiloquent Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 04:14:55 AM »
My fire ant bites had a purple look when they were in the healing phase.  It actually took a while for the marks to go away.  I think the ant venom actually kills the flesh so it takes some time to re-grow and fill in the bite area.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
aka IOU

Offline haunted

• I am hollywood.
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2018, 07:29:09 AM »
Man I mispell a lot of words in my posts. It's a combination of autocorrect and using Swype text to type. :oops:

Similar to me though sarge. The few Georgians I know pride themselves on their fire ants being twice as big as others. That may be true, I don't know. In my early youth I remember seeing a red ant that was just as big as a carpenter ant in Flagler. It might've been a fire ant. By the way for I think you mentioned the big black ants earlier that you were unsure of their name. Those are carpenter ants. Theyre not aggressive but bite when provoked. It's a mild pain only from their jaws. It's been awhile since I put those fuckers under magnifying glasses but I don't think there's a welt even. But they're still a pain if they get near your home due to them eating wood.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2018, 08:10:01 AM »
Yeah, I only ever see them (carpenter ants) in the woods around fallen trees.

I wouldn't call Georgia fireants "big", personally. Like I already did, I'd refer to them as being tiny and deceptively formidable. If you'd never heard of them before, you'd watch them crawl up your leg thinking, "If they bite, it probably won't hurt that bad." And then they do. And it's like someone just stuck you with a red hot safety pin. :D It's definitely NOT something you have the option of ignoring.

I remember when I was a kid, we'd catch lizards around the bushes and then do terrible horrible things to them with sharp sticks. Our favorite thing to do was impale them and then stake them into a fireant mound and watch the fireants bite them to death and devour them to nothing within an hour or two.

I was thinking in some bass-ackwards African country, mobs would sentence local unpopular folks to death by ants, but I guess even Africa is more civilized than the shitheads in Bolivia.

https://nypost.com/2017/01/05/villagers-sentence-falsely-accused-woman-to-death-by-fire-ants/
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

El Box de Shoutamente

Last 10 Shouts:

|iR|Focalor

April 22, 2024, 04:27:07 PM
Now it's over. Because I say it's over.

|iR|Focalor

April 22, 2024, 12:39:29 PM
It's over when I say it's over.

|iR|Focalor

April 22, 2024, 11:34:16 AM
Costigan needs a tampon.

Costigan_Q2

April 22, 2024, 02:53:12 AM
This interaction is over.

Costigan_Q2

April 22, 2024, 02:51:20 AM
Will someone please muzzle and leash that barking dog? it's projections and delusions and now endless babbling are comically pitiable, just treat it like you would Beaver - that's what it deserves.

Costigan_Q2

April 22, 2024, 02:50:50 AM
Quake 2 needs a public square.

This is not a debate.

|iR|Focalor

April 21, 2024, 05:36:24 PM
If you were attached to reality, you'd realize that.

Quake 2 needs a private bathroom.

|iR|Focalor

April 21, 2024, 05:34:35 PM
I've never doxed anyone like he did or sent them 1000's of annoying whiny angry messages in all caps like you.

Costigan_Q2

April 21, 2024, 03:45:10 PM
It's a shame that Focalor is never treated with the same measure that Beaver deserves especially given how detached from reality and evil they both are.

Costigan_Q2

April 21, 2024, 03:33:15 PM
Quake 2 needs a public square.

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:52:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length