Author Topic: Inside a Public School Social Justice Factory  (Read 842 times)

Offline quadz

• Phenomenally Prodigious Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
Inside a Public School Social Justice Factory
« on: February 03, 2018, 03:41:07 PM »
Inside a Public School Social Justice Factory
   http://www.weeklystandard.com/inside-a-public-school-social-justice-factory/article/2011402

Quote from: Katherine Kersten, The Weekly Standard
For decades, the public schools of Edina, Minnesota, were the gold standard among the state’s school districts. Edina is an upscale suburb of Minneapolis, but virtually overnight, its reputation has changed. Academic rigor is unraveling, high school reading and math test scores are sliding, and students increasingly fear bullying and persecution.

The shift began in 2013, when Edina school leaders adopted the “All for All” strategic plan—a sweeping initiative that reordered the district’s mission from academic excellence for all students to “racial equity.”

“Equity” in this context does not mean “equality” or “fairness.” It means racial identity politics—an ideology that blames minority students’ academic challenges on institutional racial bias, repudiates Martin Luther King, Jr.’s color-blind ideal, and focuses on uprooting “white privilege.”

The Edina school district’s All for All plan mandated that henceforth “all teaching and learning experiences” would be viewed through the “lens of racial equity,” and that only “racially conscious” teachers and administrators should be hired. District leaders assured parents this would reduce Edina’s racial achievement gap, which they attributed to “barriers rooted in racial constructs and cultural misunderstandings.”

As a result, the school system’s obsession with “white privilege” now begins in kindergarten. At Edina’s Highlands Elementary School, for example, K-2 students participate in the Melanin Project. […]

Highlands Elementary’s new “racially conscious” elementary school principal runs a blog for the school’s community. On it, […] she recommended an A-B-C book for small children entitled A is for Activist. (Peruse the book and you find all sorts of solid-gold: “F is for Feminist,” “C is for…Creative Counter to Corporate Vultures,” and “T is for Trans.”)

At Edina High School, the equity agenda is the leading edge of a full-scale ideological reeducation campaign. A course description of an 11th-grade U.S. Literature and Composition course puts it this way: “By the end of the year, you will have . . . learned how to apply marxist [sic], feminist, post-colonial [and] psychoanalytical . . .lenses to literature.”

The primary vehicle in the indoctrination effort is a year-long English course—required of all 10th-graders—that centers, not on reading literature and enhancing writing skills, but on the politicized themes of “Colonization,” “Immigration” and “Social Constructions of Race, Class and Gender.”

One student characterized the course this way on the “Rate My Teachers” website: “This class should be renamed . . . ‘Why white males are bad, and how oppressive they are.’” […]

Increasingly, families who are serious about education are leaving the Edina schools. For example, Orlando Flores and his wife pulled their son—an academic superstar—out of Edina High School in his senior year to escape its hyper-political environment.

Flores, who fled a Marxist regime in Nicaragua as a child, had this to say: “Years ago, we fled Communism to escape indoctrination, absolutist thinking and restrictions on our freedom of speech. If we see these traits in our schools in America, we must speak out and oppose it.”

Flores says that when his son was at Edina High, teachers routinely pushed politicians and political positions they favored, shamed and browbeat students with dissenting views, and forced them to defend themselves against baseless allegations of racism. According to his son, he says, classroom discussions were often “one-sided indoctrination sessions,” and students feared their grades would be penalized if they spoke out.

[…] the boy asked to transfer to another English class. There, a student teacher informed the class they would not be reading classic books because “dead white men are boring,” according to Flores.
[…]
Like Edina students, the district’s faculty and staff must submit to racial equity re-education.

One such mandatory session for school bus drivers is illustrative. The widow of a bus driver who had been required to attend the training sent the entire 25-page instructional curriculum to Center of the American Experiment, where I am a senior policy fellow.

The training session was entitled “Edina School DIstrict Equity and Racial Justice Training: Moving from a Diversity to a Social Justice Lens.” In it, trainers instructed bus drivers that “dismantling white privilege” is “the core of our work as white folks,” and that working for the Edina schools requires “a major paradigm shift in the thinking of white people.” Drivers were exhorted to confess their racial guilt, and embrace the district’s “equity” ideology.

The result of all of this? […] Black students “on track for success” in reading decreased from 48.1 percent in 2014 to 44.9 percent in 2017. Math scores decreased from 49.6 percent proficiency in 2014 to 47.4 percent in 2017. Black students “on track for success” in math decreased from 51.4 percent in 2014 to 44.7 percent in 2017.

The drop was most notable at the high school level. Math scores for black students in 11th grade at Edina Senior High dropped from 31 percent proficiency in 2014 to 14.6 percent in 2017. In reading, scores for black students in 10th grade at Edina Senior High dropped from 51.7 percent proficiency in 2014 to 40 percent in 2017.

(continue to full article)

:ohlord:

• Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Well-Reasoned Argument and/or Conclusion
    Demonstrates Exceptional Knowlege of the Game
    Appears Not to Comprehend Game Fundamentals
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Whoosh! You done missed the joke thar Cletus!
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Preposterously Irrational Arguments
    Blindingly Obvious Logical Fallacies
    Absurd Misconstrual of Scientific Principles or Evidence
    Amazing Conspiracy Theory Bro
    Racist Ignoramus
"He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious."

Offline Sgt. Dick

• Brobdingnagian Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
Re: Inside a Public School Social Justice Factory
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 08:36:30 PM »
 :ohlord: indeed.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
aka IOU

Offline |iR|Focalor

• Irrepressibly Profuse Member
  • OFFO
    • View Profile
    • Focalor's Lair @ Tastyspleen.net
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 11:24:08 PM »
What is this "percent proficiency"? Surely those aren't scores out of 100, otherwise they used to fail miserably, and they STILL fail. Social justice class needs to gtfo so these dumbo's can double up on intensive military math drills. No more art or sports or music until everyone passes algebra, maggots.

I don't see how people can get apeshit angry over the thoughts of a public school teaching about the Bible but NOT be deeply passionately concerned about that same institution planting these theories in their kids heads. School is not where we send our kids to get their personal philosophies programmed. They learn essential skills for application in the work force. Molding and forming the personality and beliefs of a child is up to the parents and that child as an individual. I don't want to pay to raise your children properly. I'll pay to teach them ACADEMIC FACTS. The rest wastes fucking class time.

The old bumper sticker... "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"... the idiots are setting the ciriculum now. This only gets worse. Guaranteed. Brawndos got electrolytes, bitch.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline quadz

• Phenomenally Prodigious Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2018, 12:15:39 AM »
What is this "percent proficiency"? Surely those aren't scores out of 100, otherwise they used to fail miserably, and they STILL fail.

I think "31 percent proficiency" probably indicates that within the specified subgroup of students (in this case, math scores for black students in 11th grade at Edina Senior High in 2014) only 31% of students in that subgroup achieved at least some minimum test score to be considered proficient in the subject; leaving 69% who did not reach the minimum, and thus were not categorized as proficient.

And that this dropped from 31% in 2014, to 14.6% in 2017, meaning in the latter year fully 85.4% of students in that subgroup were failing to meet  the minimum standard.

:uhoh:

• Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
"He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious."

Offline |iR|Focalor

• OFFO
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 12:52:00 AM »
There's the phrase that pays:

minimum standard.

The local ABC affiliate (WSB Channel 2) news here in Atlanta has been pimping out the story of the Atlanta Public Schools cheating scandal.... since 42 BC or some shit. It happened several years ago, and yet it's STILL not entirely legally resolved. These idiots couldn't find a way motivate teachers to motivate kids to be better students, so they just fudged the numbers in order to maintain their funding. Because... "why should us teachers and principals have a take a pay cut just because we can't teach worth a fuck?"

These measurements of "proficiency" are no doubt dumbed down to a degree in order to accommodate these little fuckers. These kids are already aware that they're stupid, we don't want to hurt their feelings about it. That's bullying.

Not being racist isn't going to solve your math homework for you.

Social justice course doesn't need to be longer than 60 seconds. Here it is: LIFE SUCKS. EVERYONE IS AN ASSHOLE AND EVERYONE WILL GIVE YOU NOTHING BUT BULLSHIT. DEAL WITH IT. Do good enough in school and you'll get into college and then land a good enough job where you can eventually be the boss and then you can improve the ratio of bullshit taken to given to something more tolerable. But one thing will always remain - YOU WILL NEVER NOT GET BULLSHIT AND YOU WILL NEVER NOT BE SURROUNDED BY ASSHOLES. If a nuclear holocaust occurs and it's just you and one other person left alive, rest assured,... he's an asshole.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• OFFO
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 01:21:55 AM »
Daily survey on Swagbucks today is

"Who do you think will win the Superbowl?"
A. Philly
B. New England
C. I don't care who wins

So far, the "I don't give a fucks" are leading with 46%, followed by the Pats with 29%, and Philly with 24%. Thought I'd browse the comments to talk football with folks, but nope... nothing but people still bitching and pissing and moaning about players taking a knee during the national anthem. BECAUSE I GETS MAD AS A FUCKAROO WHENS YOU DISRISPECKS MY USA SING-A-LONG TIME. ::)

I couldn't help myself, I had to join in the shit show.

I'm a cop and I want you people to know that I shoot EVERYONE I ever meet just to be equal and fair. Let's end racism, people. Let's all shoot each other in the face for brotherly love.

:oops:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline sonny

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 10:06:25 PM by sonny »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline ImperiusDamian

• A SHRUBBERY!!
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2018, 12:18:51 PM »
Social Justice 101: Don't be an asshole. (Schools should be teaching maths, English, physics, evolutionary biology, astronomy, chemistry, programming, history - including world and ancient history - and business studies.)
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
"You and your ping can go to hell." - Arkaine, January 12th 2000

Offline |iR|Focalor

• OFFO
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2018, 04:14:32 AM »
This morning as I was creaming my coffee... that's not a euphemism, pervert... I noticed something for the millionth time on my carton of Land O Lakes half and half creamer. There's a very white looking but very obviously native american mascot character as part of the brands logo.

I had the thought, "I wonder how many more days it'll be before west coast college students are marching in protest of the irreverent cultural appropriation prominently featured on this grocery product."

So I googled, like the shithead that I am. And I found that... OF COURSE, SOMEONE out there has already started screaming and spitting in righteous indignation against this miscarriage of justice.  ::)

https://atlantablackstar.com/2014/05/07/12-racists-logos-you-didnt-know-were-used-by-popular-brands/3/

And I quote from the half assed blog which attempts to masquerade as what some might term an "article":

...the Land O’ Lakes butter maiden helps white Americans sidestep and repress the horrific realities of what white Americans have done to Native Americans...

Are you shitting me?!?! It's a fucking box of butter! Why do fucking hate crimes and war atrocities have to be ever-present as part of a balanced breakfast?

OH MY FUCKING GOD. I love how other people are fucking psychic and immediately KNOW that JUST BECAUSE I'M WHITE, I prefer to revise my own personal accounting of history to deny that certain things which have been PROVEN to have happened... somehow did NOT happen. Us fuckin' evil whites, always doin' this shit, huh?

To those who feel obligated to assign me an albatross of white guilt to hang about my neck, I extend a very emphatic FUCK YOU. I DO NOT feel guilty or responsible for slavery any more than someone my exact age living in Germany feels personally guilty about or responsible for the WW2 holocaust. And yet we both realize, because we have a fucking conscience, that both situations were incredibly shitty for those victimized by it.

At what point do rational intelligent people have the collective balls to come out and publicly call this kind of shit for exactly what it is: an attempt to incite racism against whites.

You pussy fag white guilt assholes. You deserve this shit.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Online haunted

• Inexorably Palaverous Member
  • I am hollywood.
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2018, 09:51:54 AM »
That's why trump won. And Hillary sucked too, but yeah.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• OFFO
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2018, 03:13:41 PM »
What if the whole world ACTUALLY worked this way. By god, we're certainly trying to make it so. Let's stand up and clap like hysterical jackasses for DIVERSITY. Who gives a shit if the diversity is warranted or REAL, let's impose a system whereby diversity is cultivated and of a greater importance than things like competence and merit. How many pilots are flying commercial jets? We don't want to appear to be unaccepting of islam, so we must now assure that at least 20% of all jumbo jet pilots are named Hassan or Aziz or some other gleefully ethnically-Arabian name. BUT.... after we hire those Hassan's and Aziz's that comprise that 20%, we'll have to fire 50% of them... because they aren't women. So now we must hire some gleefully ethnically-Arabian named women. GASP. OH NO! We forgot to adequately represent the gleefully ethnically-Arabian named PEOPLE who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender! So no we must fire 50% of the women, another 50% of the men, and then... fuck if I know how to properly categorize the transgenders so as to have adequate and equal representation.

So next time you're getting off a flight and the pilot is standing by the door as is tradition and thanking you for flying his airline, you can show your righteous indignation and progressivist rage by screaming and demanding that BY GOD NEXT TIME the pilot had BETTER be a brown shit-colored ragheaded haji-speaking bull-dyke with a blonde wig, a wallet in his/her ass pocket, and a detachable penis... because it's way more important that everyone knows that you're not racist than to survive a flight to Cocksuckersville West Virginia.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

El Box de Shoutamente

Last 10 Shouts:

Admin

October 19, 2018, 11:02:05 AM
Agreed, KDR is clearly being skewed by co-op play. The database stores separate stats for each server, but it looks like the web interface isn't smart enough to provide that filter yet.

Sgt. Dick

October 19, 2018, 05:08:26 AM
Coop stats are not the same as playing on the other servers.  Those stats are kinda bogus stats really

Zeppelin

October 17, 2018, 01:39:23 AM
Sargazer is a coop player. Thats why u see that huge kdr. He doesnt play dm

macanah

October 16, 2018, 09:58:49 PM
i sent u a message quadz

R. Hayabusa

October 16, 2018, 05:36:50 PM
don't wnat to name names but stargazing

R. Hayabusa

October 16, 2018, 05:36:02 PM
quite obvious someone is padding stats on DM. look at the bogus names and k/d ratios. man that's sad

R. Hayabusa

October 16, 2018, 05:36:01 PM
quite obvious someone is padding stats on DM. look at the bogus names and k/d ratios. man that's sad

|iR|Focalor

October 03, 2018, 06:20:37 AM
time to fart

NoBugsOnMe

October 02, 2018, 11:44:02 PM

-=[AZ]=-

September 30, 2018, 04:17:14 PM
Someone needs to do something about the bob{kea} imposter on DM.

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2018, 08:06:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length