Poll

If Zimmerman is found "not guilty" of murder/manslaughter, do you think the verdict will cause race riots?

Yes
8 (38.1%)
No
13 (61.9%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: The Zimmerman Trial... Possible Race Riots?  (Read 37269 times)

Offline |iR|Focalor

• Irrepressibly Profuse Member
  • OFFO
    • View Profile
    • Focalor's Lair @ Tastyspleen.net
  • Rated:
Re: The Zimmerman Trial... Possible Race Riots?
« Reply #105 on: July 20, 2013, 11:00:59 PM »
LOL! Speaking of statistics, I think those might be a little off. I highly doubt the addiction rate is less than 2%. Maybe they leave alcoholism out of that. I think the drug addiction rate for the members of this forum alone would be close to 50%. :D
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Well-Reasoned Argument and/or Conclusion
    Demonstrates Exceptional Knowlege of the Game
    Appears Not to Comprehend Game Fundamentals
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Whoosh! You done missed the joke thar Cletus!
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Preposterously Irrational Arguments
    Blindingly Obvious Logical Fallacies
    Absurd Misconstrual of Scientific Principles or Evidence
    Amazing Conspiracy Theory Bro
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline 2d

• Carpal Tunnel Member
  • Bow Down to the King
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #106 on: July 21, 2013, 01:53:16 AM »
As much as it does get tiring hearing about this kind of shit from black people, it is equally incorrect to simply tell black people to have a "get over it" attitude about it.  I knew that at the beginning of Obama's presidency, there would probably be something like this go down that would make him feel compelled to make a speech on the issues surrounding the black community.

Upon reflection of what he actually said, he isn't really blaming whites for the past, although it is absolutely true that whites of the pre-civil rights era are the reason blacks are fucked today.  More precisely, he's blaming the status quo of how young black males are viewed in this society, and how they're basically given a pretty shit-end of the stick to play ball with.  And he is right; as a society, we don't value young black males as much as we value white males for absolutely sure.  There is no denying that fact.  Simply thinking about the gut reactions of the young black males vs. young white males automatically evokes some conclusions, before even considering the person they actually are.  To put this on an even grander scale, white/asian males are never really fucked with by police when they're young.  Even Hispanics aren't directly targeted as much as blacks (they are quite a bit more than whites of course, but nowhere near the level of blacks).

Really, Obama was simply stating how things are, and that it needs a lot more work, because as it stands, young black males have very little to look forward to in this life.  And all of us, from the whites to the blacks themselves, are responsible for this.  Yes, absolutely black parents have a hand in this, and it's a well-known fact that they don't raise their boys very well, which adds even more weight on a young black man's shoulders.  Racism, hatred for the system, and reinforced ignorance is what many young black males see from their parents.  Case in point:  I have a black friend named Raymond, and every time I chill with him, if his mother is around, she always brings out the fact that I'm a white man hanging out with a black man, as if there's something pretty goddamn wrong with that.  She even called me "honkey" once...I was not pleased with her.  But at the same time, I feel sorry for my friend, because he is trying to fight the urge to follow the shit his mother feeds him, and hate all white people.  He knows I think racism is bullshit in general, but this society does not really agree, not privately anyway.  Sucks but it's the shitty truth about the U.S.

Basically, all of us do have a lot more work to do to prove to black people that they truly are equal in this society.  The arrest rates and profiling shows that blacks are not equal.  Yes, blacks themselves are part of the problem (as I mentioned the story above about Raymond's racist mother), but whites cannot deny that we hold a big part in this as well.  Hell, it's so bad even Mexicans hate the blacks.  Like my friend Jose says, "There's too many n!ggers moving in around here, I gotta move more up north with the white people."  It's terrible but it's how it really is.

ex, this may end up being the best thing you will have ever written. Take a moment and feel proud of your humanity, because from the looks of things, it is lacking around these parts. I am shocked that you of all people have the ability to empathize with both sides and present forth such a well written and thought out expression. I think you hit the nail on the head. Bravo godfather,  :bravo:
Just 1 thing though  ;) , what did you have for dinner? Im curious to know what that microwave was heating up  :lolsign:
[14:05] <MoIOM|haunted> I challenged 2dum to a .....match.....
[14:06] <MoIOM|haunted> he beat me 4-3, although i blew myself up twice :>
[23:04] <[2d> i can now die in peace ROFL!

Offline animosity

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #107 on: July 21, 2013, 02:19:27 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSJq36twTAY

Here we see a fine group of gentlemen who love and embrace this country. There's an accountant, and there's a brain surgeon, oh and look right there is the local police chief, "Hello there Officer Krupke!" and there's the mayor and good ole Mr. Sullivan who sometimes watches my cat! You little rascals. Boy sure feels great knowing my neighborhood is safe with the likes of these men upholding the community! Thanks guys for all you do!
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
gOd2DuM: lady puts finger in ur ass and stimulates behind the dick
goldy: how would you know that?
gOd2DuM: its my favorite

Offline Golgo13

• Swanky Member
    • View Profile
    • Lithium CTF Files
  • Rated:
« Reply #108 on: July 21, 2013, 02:36:21 AM »

Boy sure feels great knowing my neighborhood is safe with the likes of these men upholding the community! Thanks guys for all you do!

I blame the money culture. MTV and bankers raping countries dry for many years in every country.

Ask yourself who owns all these educational Media and finance companies.  then ask yourself how society has been badly influenced by them for the last century.

To know, is to know that you know nothing. That is the meaning of true knowledge.
- Socrates

Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance.
-Plato
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 02:39:26 AM by Golgo13 »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• OFFO
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #109 on: July 21, 2013, 04:03:55 AM »

Here we see a fine group of gentlemen who love and embrace this country. There's an accountant, and there's a brain surgeon, oh and look right there is the local police chief, "Hello there Officer Krupke!" and there's the mayor and good ole Mr. Sullivan who sometimes watches my cat! You little rascals. Boy sure feels great knowing my neighborhood is safe with the likes of these men upholding the community! Thanks guys for all you do!

Looks like the shitty neighborhood off North Ave. in Athens years ago where I used to buy... uh... "groceries". :D
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline haunted

• Inexorably Palaverous Member
  • I am hollywood.
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #110 on: July 21, 2013, 08:22:01 AM »
Concerning some of Obama's silly comments(white old lady clutching her purse, white people locking their car doors, etc.)... The specific audience he's targeting isn't just Blacks, being that he acts as if a Black person has never locked their car door at the sight of a group of Black teens walking by in an inner-city neighborhood. To assume that Blacks can't acknowledge the reality of the crime statistics in their own community is racist in itself. It insults the intelligence of Blacks specifically, but even more accurately us as Americans.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline animosity

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #111 on: July 21, 2013, 01:02:09 PM »
To assume that Blacks can't acknowledge the reality of the crime statistics in their own community is racist in itself. It insults the intelligence of Blacks specifically, but even more accurately us as Americans.

Apparently they can't and for the few who can, I'm sure they don't give a shit. Ever been to Liberty City, Miami? It's like a warzone down there. Maybe people should start to admit that blacks (not all blacks) but the general black population is not as intelligent, more violent and prone to crime more than the general white population. I mean is it really coincidence that any place they've ever lived in all of history has been a complete shit hole? Most of the blame has to fall on themselves. Am I the only one seeing this? And this is not thru racist eyes but just factual observations.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline Sgt. Dick

• Brobdingnagian Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #112 on: July 21, 2013, 02:08:12 PM »
Apparently they can't and for the few who can, I'm sure they don't give a shit. Ever been to Liberty City, Miami? It's like a warzone down there. Maybe people should start to admit that blacks (not all blacks) but the general black population is not as intelligent, more violent and prone to crime more than the general white population. I mean is it really coincidence that any place they've ever lived in all of history has been a complete shit hole? Most of the blame has to fall on themselves. Am I the only one seeing this? And this is not thru racist eyes but just factual observations.

That is because the white people are holding them down.  :erhmmm:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
aka IOU

Offline ex

• Carpal Tunnel Member
  • :>
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #113 on: July 21, 2013, 06:07:02 PM »
The main problem is the police profiling that goes on.  Racial profiling is real, and not just for blacks.  Case in point:  A few years back a buddy went down to south Dallas to pick up some weed.  My buddy is white, the guy he was buying from was black in the middle of an all-black area of south D.  Cops stung him; they specifically asked him "What's a white boy doing in the hood?"  He was doing something illegal of course, but the simple fact is that if he was black and in that neighborhood, he would've just been another po-dunk n!gger and he probably wouldn't have been fucked with.

It's a crazy world we live in.  Racial shit is real, and still goes on to this day.  Basically, the only solution for everyone is to stay with their own race for the most part.  Otherwise you're just asking for it.  :/
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
VaeVictis:
i find it funny that you even consider grammar a sign of intelligence, that itself is a very uneducated claim

http://alldeadmormonsarenowgay.com/

Offline Golgo13

• Swanky Member
    • View Profile
    • Lithium CTF Files
  • Rated:
« Reply #114 on: July 21, 2013, 06:34:03 PM »
The main problem is the police profiling that goes on.  Racial profiling is real, and not just for blacks.  Case in point:  A few years back a buddy went down to south Dallas to pick up some weed.  My buddy is white, the guy he was buying from was black in the middle of an all-black area of south D.  Cops stung him; they specifically asked him "What's a white boy doing in the hood?"  He was doing something illegal of course, but the simple fact is that if he was black and in that neighborhood, he would've just been another po-dunk n!gger and he probably wouldn't have been fucked with.

It's a crazy world we live in.  Racial shit is real, and still goes on to this day.  Basically, the only solution for everyone is to stay with their own race for the most part.  Otherwise you're just asking for it.  :/

it's a police state. what the hell you expect . men power drunk with badges.  they don't care if your guilty or not. they just need some reason to bother someone. not all cops are bad but there are alot of cops that will violate your rights even in spite of the oath they took. most times they get off with a slap on the wrist 95% of the time. or re-hired. here's just a sample:

<span data-s9e-mediaembed="youtube" style="display:inline-block;width:100%;max-width:640px"><span style="display:block;overflow:hidden;position:relative;padding-bottom:56.25%"><iframe allowfullscreen="" scrolling="no" style="background:url(https://i.ytimg.com/vi/DCjql67JvZ0/hqdefault.jpg) 50% 50% / cover;border:0;height:100%;left:0;position:absolute;width:100%" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DCjql67JvZ0"></iframe></span></span><br /><a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DCjql67JvZ0&amp;feature=player_embedded#at=13" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DCjql67JvZ0&amp;feature=player_embedded#at=13</a>

« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 03:47:03 AM by Golgo13 »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline Sgt. Dick

• Brobdingnagian Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #115 on: July 21, 2013, 06:54:14 PM »

That is a good point, but you won't hear that on the news.   :???:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
aka IOU

Offline Barton

• Carpal Tunnel Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #116 on: July 21, 2013, 07:28:55 PM »
There is an issue with how crime is perceived by the criminal justice system and society overall. They most often label crime as crimes of poverty (e.g. robbery, assault and drug possession) rather than white-collar crime (e.g. insider trading, tax evasion). On the whole crimes of poverty get punished more harshly and often than white-collar crime, even though white-collar crime occurs with regularity but much of this type of crime goes largely unreported. Blacks are one of the largest ethnic groups prone to poverty in America, so it makes more sense why people would tend to think blacks are more prone to crime. This poverty also prevents blacks from receiving more fair representation in the court system. This last point you can see in extreme cases where the state or a county will outsource a large portion of their course load to these "for profit lawyers", who quickly acquit cases by convincing their clients to confess guilt even at times when they probably did not commit the crimes they are accused of. Then of course you have implicit race biases that are taught throughout our society that portrays blacks negatively, which leads such discrimination such as racial profiling.

Basically without having to delve deep into this topic, there are a lot of socio-economical disadvantages that blacks and other minorities face in this country that can push them into poverty, where which they would be more likely to commit "crime".
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline animosity

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #117 on: July 22, 2013, 01:46:46 AM »

Basically without having to delve deep into this topic, there are a lot of socio-economical disadvantages that blacks and other minorities face in this country that can push them into poverty, where which they would be more likely to commit "crime".

Always? Everywhere they've ever been???? BULLSHIT !!!!!!!
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• OFFO
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #118 on: July 22, 2013, 01:50:44 AM »

That's not profiling. That's cops doing their job. They more likely "profiled" your buddy by reading the county of residence listed on his license plate when his car entered an area under surveillance for drug dealing, not by looking at his skin color.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline quadz

• Brobdingnagian Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #119 on: July 22, 2013, 03:33:05 AM »

Always? Everywhere they've ever been???? BULLSHIT !!!!!!!

• Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
"He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious."

El Box de Shoutamente

Last 10 Shouts:

Admin

July 01, 2020, 10:18:02 AM
Indeed, thanks. Added a few more bans.

otg

July 01, 2020, 04:49:07 AM
ADMIN: the bot is back using player names. cheers.

|iR|Focalor

June 22, 2020, 03:58:10 AM
Nah. I used "img width=220" in the first tag. That's about max size for the box on my monitor, which is 1280x1024 old school non-widescreen square format.

haunted

June 21, 2020, 07:07:01 PM
Damn it. I saw focalor's small one and figured it auto resized it here. Haha

haunted

June 21, 2020, 07:06:04 PM

|iR|Focalor

June 21, 2020, 10:54:46 AM

ImperiusDamian

June 10, 2020, 12:24:04 PM
Meow.

beaver{KEA}

June 07, 2020, 06:07:20 PM
Rocket Arena 2 Discord Chat Making Momentum https://discord.gg/Dv8k4sf

Admin

June 06, 2020, 10:03:05 AM
It seems the "vpn spoofer troll" is back to his shenanigans.

otg

June 06, 2020, 05:25:43 AM
ADMIN please come fix your server. Someone loaded bots with legit user names. They are flooding left and right. Thank You!

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2020, 02:59:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length