Author Topic: Current Politics & History Only Thread  (Read 139737 times)

Offline quadz

• Phenomenally Prodigious Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
Re: Current Politics & History Only Thread
« Reply #210 on: July 19, 2016, 02:57:44 PM »
Apparently Gary J is polling 13% when he's in the equation. I'm sure they'll find a way to keep him out of the debates even if he meets the criteria, else he'd actually cause trouble for trump and Hillary.

Agreed, it's frustrating. The Johnson/Weld ticket will be on the ballot in all 50 states, but are getting next-to-zero exposure.

<span data-s9e-mediaembed="youtube" style="display:inline-block;width:100%;max-width:640px"><span style="display:block;overflow:hidden;position:relative;padding-bottom:56.25%"><iframe allowfullscreen="" scrolling="no" style="background:url(https://i.ytimg.com/vi/kQv_6GXVbDw/hqdefault.jpg) 50% 50% / cover;border:0;height:100%;left:0;position:absolute;width:100%" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kQv_6GXVbDw"></iframe></span></span><br /><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/kQv_6GXVbDw" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/kQv_6GXVbDw</a>

Johnson was on Joe Rogan's podcast a month or two ago, and pointed out the catch-22% related to being admitted into the presidential debates: You need to be polling at 15%, but the catch is, if the pollsters decline to even include your name among the choices, month after month, people haven't been getting the chance to indicate their support for you, and you don't get mentioned in the media discussing the poll results... In short, if they keep leaving your name off of every poll, it's hard to get the name recognition and build momentum to reach the 15% cutoff.

I realize they can't just add every random ticket to national polling. But getting onto the ballot in all 50 states seems like a pretty significant threshold to have crossed, and ought to indicate someone's serious enough to be included in the process (and in the debates!)

:exqueezeme:

• Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Well-Reasoned Argument and/or Conclusion
    Demonstrates Exceptional Knowlege of the Game
    Appears Not to Comprehend Game Fundamentals
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Whoosh! You done missed the joke thar Cletus!
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Preposterously Irrational Arguments
    Blindingly Obvious Logical Fallacies
    Absurd Misconstrual of Scientific Principles or Evidence
    Amazing Conspiracy Theory Bro
    Racist Ignoramus
"He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious."

Offline Whirlingdervish

• Super ShortBus Extravaganza
  • Illimitable Sesquipedalian Member
    • View Profile
    • The Dervish Depository
  • Rated:
« Reply #211 on: July 19, 2016, 03:45:05 PM »
On the other hand, that 15% to get one guy into the debates could probably be much better spent keeping a different guy out of the Oval Office who has exactly 0 of the qualifications required for the job other than maleness and some degree of whiteness.

Even if they were the best debates ever held between political candidates, they would not be more valuable to me than protecting the somewhat equal layout of the supreme court for the rest of my lifetime.

Debates that include Trump have a pretty slim chance of being useful: even if someone were to use facts and logic to crush his proposals it would not change much of his support base which has blithely ignored facts and logic up until now. The only way someone is taking those votes is to out-fearmonger and out-loudmouth the guy.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline Sgt. Dick

• Brobdingnagian Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #212 on: August 01, 2016, 03:46:25 PM »
Black Lives Matter Releases Policy Agenda - http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/black-lives-matter-releases-policy-agenda-n620966

A couple of good tidbits from the article -

"They call for the passing of state and federal laws that acknowledge and address the impacts of slavery and the passage of H.R. 40 to form a commission to study reparations proposals." 

"retroactive decriminalization and immediate release of all people convicted of drug offenses, sex work-related offenses and youth offenses."

:dohdohdoh: :WTF:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
aka IOU

Offline Whirlingdervish

• Super ShortBus Extravaganza
  • Illimitable Sesquipedalian Member
    • View Profile
    • The Dervish Depository
  • Rated:
« Reply #213 on: August 01, 2016, 04:23:33 PM »
While they're busy making ludicrous demands, let's get some free blow and hookers too.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• Irrepressibly Profuse Member
  • OFFO
    • View Profile
    • Focalor's Lair @ Tastyspleen.net
  • Rated:
« Reply #214 on: August 02, 2016, 03:11:50 AM »
If you gave a whole slew of qualifying black folks parcels of land equal to or less than 40 acres (probably less than 40, because considerably fewer people farm their land these days like they had to back in the 1800's when the "40 acres" thing was the reasonable size), then it sounds reasonable to assume that all those parcels of land would probably be bordering one another. Putting a bunch of black folks all in one area... that's kinda like creating segregation, right? Plus, I don't think black folks know what they'd be getting into with having that much land. You gotta mow the grass and maintain it. If they don't wanna maintain it, there's nothing stopping them from turning right around and selling the land. And 40 acres in todays real estate market, no matter where it is, is gonna fetch a small fortune. So in the first place, you'd have to TAKE that land from someone who already owns it in order to give it to people who qualify for reparations. You'd be taking over $100,000 out of someone elses pocket. One acre of land can cost anywhere between $2,500 and $10,000 or more depending on where it is. Who's gonna pay restitution to the people who never owned slaves who had their land unfairly seized by the government to pay for slavery reparations to people who were never slaves themselves?

Sometimes you just gotta let shit go. Let it go, BaconLettuceMutton.

Edit: added...

The six platform demands are:

1. End the war on black people.

2. Reparations for past and continuing harms.

3. Divestment from the institutions that criminalize, cage and harm black people; and investment in the education, health and safety of black people.

4. Economic justice for all and a reconstruction of the economy to ensure our communities have collective ownership, not merely access.

5. Community control of the laws, institutions and policies that most impact us.

6. Independent black political power and black self-determination in all areas of society.

Here's my whitebread probably-racist cracka-ass response to these 6 demands:

1. Oh come on. Stop being such a drama queen.

2. Okay fine. Let's talk. First of all, let's address the "continuing harms". That's an easy one. Take it to a court of law. As for reparations for "past harms"... sigh... okay, I'll bite, what is it? 40 acres and a mule like the original proposal? First of all, as I stated above, there's problems with that. Taking land from one person to give to another without proper compensation is theft. And let's be reasonable, nobody needs 40 acres. And mules shit everywhere. They're not a reliable source of transportation (thus the saying "Stubborn as a mule") and they're also very slow. If hauling cargo is the thing you're looking to do, we make vehicles now that are WAY better at completing the task. So I'll start the negotiations off at 1 acre and a Kia. What say ye?

3. "Criminalize... black people." It is not a crime to be black. It's a crime to break the law though, and it doesn't matter what your skin pigmentation is when you do it. The law is words in a book. None of the words discuss black people in conjunction with certain crimes, therefore it would be fallacy to assume that these inanimate words on a page have personal feelings or prejudice towards any color. As for the education, health and safety part, FUCK YEAH. I agree. Let's get some of those things up in this bitch. Those things are good for ALL OF AMERICA no matter what color you are. But don't ask anyone to decrease funding to jails and prisons. Not possible. Most of them already don't get the funding they need to run properly. If we cut them further, prisoners will be down to one meal every 2 days. And think about the black folks who would still be in there even if we decriminalized the things like marijuana possession etc. They'd be starving along with the white folks in there. And they'd be fucking mad about it. And when they riot, the guards won't have the proper tools to stop them because you cut their funding even more. Methinks you haven't thought this point through very well.

4. Uh... Communism? Yeah, I read Das Kapital too, asshole. Go fuck yourself. Get the fuck outta here with that shit. Just made it a whole lot easier to see what your real underlying agenda is with all of this. So much for keeping a good poker face.

5. Really? Because that's exactly what the Confederates were fighting for and you said they were wrong for it. Yeah, open mouth, insert foot, huh? There's local, state, and federal law. You're probably talking about local laws. And in that case, local citizens can and do run for public offices. The shit you're talking about already exists. Vote. Run for office. Bitch when you don't like how a vote went. In America, you can do these things. But what you can't do is change local policy just because your mommy told you that you were special when you were a kid. There's a process to it whereby EVERYONE votes and the larger number of voters decides the outcome no matter how much the smaller number of voters disagree with the larger number of voters. Democracy, dammit. It's what we fuckin' do.

6. Sounds like segregation to me. Sorry, not gonna happen. It's not 1952 anymore, sweetheart. America is integrated. REAL black civil rights protesters played a huge part in making it happen. It's done. Get over it. Any political party that is exclusionary based on race cannot possibly represent all citizens in an integrated society, and should therefore have no place in politics which might effect the lives of those citizens who they exclude. America, motherfucker. ALL of us are IT.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 05:16:04 AM by |iR|Focalor »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline Booya

• Don't Call It A Comeback
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
Booya Fu

Offline yahoo

• Opulent Member
  • Quake II | Powered by SMF 1.0.9.
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #216 on: August 03, 2016, 04:18:18 PM »
lol.
cant help but ask me self, enough with political correctness and apologetic.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
Quake II | Powered by SMF 1.0.9.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.

Offline |iR|Focalor

• OFFO
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #217 on: August 03, 2016, 06:36:49 PM »
I don't think I need to say anything about reparations that Johnny Rebel didn't already say.

<span data-s9e-mediaembed="youtube" style="display:inline-block;width:100%;max-width:640px"><span style="display:block;overflow:hidden;position:relative;padding-bottom:56.25%"><iframe allowfullscreen="" scrolling="no" style="background:url(https://i.ytimg.com/vi/fRfDHmUuD3g/hqdefault.jpg) 50% 50% / cover;border:0;height:100%;left:0;position:absolute;width:100%" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fRfDHmUuD3g"></iframe></span></span><br /><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fRfDHmUuD3g" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fRfDHmUuD3g</a>

So if the dumbasses screaming "reparations" wanna totally fuck themselves and prove every word of this racial stereotype soaked song 100% correct, then they should keep pushing for it. I won't be mad if they get it either. I'll be kinda happy, in a smug sort of way. Because I'm gonna pay taxes anyway, what the fuck do I care how they spend it. They never spend it how I want them to anyway. At least someone other than the fucking government will get it. Just don't RAISE my fucking taxes to pay for it. I ain't paying a tax for being white, that's fuckin' bullshit. But mostly the reason I'll be happy about it in a smug sort of way... is because I know it's gonna piss off an awwwwwwful lot of white folks if they gotta pay for reparations. I always love it when huge groups of people are angry at the government. I want to see violence. I don't care if it's black folks rioting about racism or white folks rioting about reparations, it's all good. It helps remind us that violence is a viable option in conflict resolution, which is something our government loves to brainwash out of it's citizens for it's own sake.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline R. Hayabusa

• Swanky Member
    • View Profile
    • Lithium CTF Files
  • Rated:
« Reply #218 on: August 06, 2016, 05:33:35 PM »

how's that for reparations? freedom and some silver coins. i'm just trolling but on the serious note, i dunno how about we just tell the system to go fuck itself and create an anarchist agorist society. i think the current welfare system was appropriate reparations but this system is about to collapse from the debt owed from all the money being blown

Offline R. Hayabusa

• Swanky Member
    • View Profile
    • Lithium CTF Files
  • Rated:
« Reply #219 on: August 06, 2016, 05:45:15 PM »
this system is fucked. if trump drops out, (he's no prize) this country got a woman who lies for a living. all that confetti that was at The DNC was hillary's printed emails dipped in color. this election was such a joke, there were only 3 democratic candidates to be weeded out, aside from the 12 or more that is basically every cycle. hillary had to hire people to come for $50 a day. the photos of her town halls are cropped.. if the media could spin her election any more it would be a news network all in itself. HCN. it was so fucking rigged against sanders (venezualen policy) and then he spits in his "grassroots" donors faces and endorses the bitch. (rumor has it he was threatened) we all know who runs the show behind the scenes. just look at where her financing comes from. these billionaire globalist fuckwads that want to control every man woman and child on the planet. Their system is crumbling though. nothing last forever. meanwhile people will continue to live in perpetual poverty, war and division over rigged government politics. oh how the human race has failed.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 09:39:58 AM by R. Hayabusa »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• OFFO
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #220 on: August 07, 2016, 07:01:17 AM »
how about we just tell the system to go fuck itself and create an anarchist agorist society.

Lol, keep dreaming. In an anarchist society, contributing to welfare programs would be voluntary, which basically means that NO ONE would voluntarily contribute. You'd never get a majority vote for it. Not only are the people living on these welfare programs voting against such a thing, but lots of people who are NOT on it will not vote for anarchism either. Because if shit gets bad, they wanna know they can count on some sort of a security net to catch them. It's a great system for certain individuals, but it's not a realistic one for a society comprised of 320Million+ individuals.

these billionaire globalist fuckwads that want to control every man woman and child on the planet. Their system is crumbling though. nothing last forever.

Crumbling? Nah. It's just getting started. And the longer it goes, the less likely anyone is gonna be able to do anything to stop it. This is what capitalism has been working towards all along. It's the natural logical conclusion that business makes when it finds itself in such an environment. 100 years ago, there were around 100 million people in the US. Today it's around 320 million. That's a 200+% increase. Unchecked population growth like in the US is an exponential growth, meaning that the rate of it will increase the larger the number gets. The more people there are, the more consumers there are, and the more money corporations are going to be able to collect from these consumers. The more money they have, the more powerful they will become.

It ain't on the way out. It gets much worse.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline R. Hayabusa

• Swanky Member
    • View Profile
    • Lithium CTF Files
  • Rated:
« Reply #221 on: August 07, 2016, 09:44:55 AM »
well, I'm hearing alot of talk from youtube sensations and mainstream media market analysts like peter schiff, that this market is about to be  on it's way out and collapse. which means retirements, stock, bonds, only thing left will be silver and gold. this worthless paper is going to to go the way of the bolivar. venezualen style.  They're actually eating the zoo animals and stray pets in the streets. shit is foff the hook. 1000% inflation.. big italian banks are going bust. i'd buy some extra coffee, toilet paper, bullets, food and gas. going to be real useful having supplies when most ppl don't even think about such things. better to be a squirrel than a grasshopper.

Offline |iR|Focalor

• OFFO
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #222 on: August 07, 2016, 06:47:23 PM »
Jim Cramer thinks he knows it all too, but look how many times he's told people to invest in things that have stalled out or taken a nosedive. Maybe he's been right about a few things, but like they say, even a broken clock is right twice a day. Truth is that people like that are paid or otherwise bought to tell people to invest in certain things. They're smart enough to turn down money from people trying to sell ridiculous shit like plastic dick warmers (dunno if that exists, just made it up), but they'll sometimes take money to promote shit even when they aren't 100% sure it will perform well. Pretty sure I remember Jim Cramer did that once or twice, and whatever he was telling people to BUY BUY BUY ended up turning to shit, and it made some of his rabid devotees awfully angry with him.

I'm not saying that I know that the economy is going to remain stable. Given what we know about the last depression and the mortgage bubble,... which is to say that basically NOTHING has been done to prevent it from repeating... I'd say there's a better than fair chance of it happening again within the next 20 years. The downside for business in general is that the economy slows to a crawl, they have to lay off lots of people and cut spending any way they can, including bonuses and/or normal wages. The upside for business is that it ends up being a form of what you might call something like "commercial Darwinian stratification" where the strongest survive and get stronger once it's over. Like they say, it takes money to make money, and when half or more of the competition in your field has been starved into a death of bankruptcy, all those customers have fewer choices about where to spend their money (which naturally increases your profits), and any potential competition after the depression event cannot possibly have the invested amount it would take to rival you. (business a la WalMart) Unless some really crazy shit happened like... Bill Gates decided to take all of his money and invest it into building large grocery and general merchandise retail centers in every city where a WalMart operates. That's a great way to LOSE all your fucking money if it doesn't work, and he isn't stupid, so that's never gonna happen. So... WalMart is left unrivaled and will only get bigger whilst all the competition, large and small, gets absorbed by the relentless unforgiving gravitational pull of Planet WalMart.

That is complete free-market capitalism according to many in the Republican party. Unchecked and unregulated in as many ways as possible, because "FREEDOM, DAMMIT! IT'S 'MURICAN!" It's a runaway train is what it is, and sure, we all wanna get where we're going faster, but it would be fucking intelligent to have an engineer around to make sure the ride will remain SAFE, y'know? Ain't nobody goin' nowhere's in a crashed train, y'all.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• OFFO
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #223 on: August 08, 2016, 05:56:24 AM »
Uh.... On the same page, there's an Amazon ad link to purchase his book titled The Rapture Verdict. He's one of those people. ::)

Let me know when the scary guy antichrist man gets here. :dohdohdoh: Maybe we'll get lucky and the easter bunny will show up first to take us all to safety in his little easter bunny flying saucer.

edit:
There's no way that Christianity or the rapture is true. L Ron Hubbard says so and Scientology proves it in Dianetics. Dianetics is better than the Holy Bible because Dianetics says so. Bada-bing! Look, ma! I'm a religious freak too!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 08:37:50 AM by |iR|Focalor »

Offline R. Hayabusa

• Swanky Member
    • View Profile
    • Lithium CTF Files
  • Rated:
« Reply #224 on: August 08, 2016, 08:04:47 PM »
actually i sited the wrong article. i probably should have read it before i passed it on. that would have been a good idea  :dohdohdoh: :dohdohdoh: heres the one i meant to put up. take your pick.

https://www.dollarvigilante.com/blog

El Box de Shoutamente

Last 10 Shouts:

Zeppelin

January 14, 2020, 06:49:12 AM
Is he being a jerk with you??

|iR|Focalor

January 11, 2020, 11:40:41 AM
Why? What did he do now?

RyU

January 11, 2020, 03:28:15 AM
WHO IS EQUATE ?

yahoo

January 10, 2020, 09:47:36 PM

Admin

January 08, 2020, 02:05:40 PM
Appeared to be about a 4 minute outage, affecting UDP only. :(

[BTF]Fatknitty

January 08, 2020, 01:53:45 PM
servers acting up again...

Prophet

December 28, 2019, 09:53:21 AM
Looks like DM server went down again

|iR|Focalor

December 25, 2019, 07:48:52 PM

quadz

December 25, 2019, 05:19:17 PM
:smiley_acbg:

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 17, 2020, 09:55:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length