Author Topic: There's a problem that needs to be addressed...  (Read 16343 times)

Offline quadz

• Loquaciously Multiloquent Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
Re: There's a problem that needs to be addressed...
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2013, 01:56:16 AM »
There needs to be some sort of limitation done, like you can't +1 another person if you've +1'd them that many times in a row...

That's indeed how I would have liked to configure the system from the outset: To set the delay such that it's not between every rate, but just a delay between rating any given user repeatedly.

Unfortunately the mod doesn't provide that, and adding it would require changes to the database schema. (More than I want to deal with.)

What I'll likely do is write some custom queries that will make it easier to clean up specific instances of abuse, such as "delete all rates from user X which affected users Y or Z", kind of thing.

:shifteyes:
"He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious."

Offline Whirlingdervish

• Super ShortBus Extravaganza
  • Illimitable Sesquipedalian Member
    • View Profile
    • The Dervish Depository
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2013, 12:22:10 PM »
like you can't +1 another person if you've +1'd them that many times in a row...  It seems like it's being abused.

I gave someone who's been spamming hundreds of -1's and +1's, a few -1's here and there.
abusethesystemmuchkthx?

You are proving yourself more and more to be an idiot of the highest order, random.

stop being a little fucking girl about some stupid voting system that has absolutely nothing to do with real life, OR quake2. you are calling me an idiot because i pointed out you and dervish voting negative shit on magics replies regardless if they make sense or not, MUST you vote to every fucking reply he makes? that is ABSURD ex. btw that was only 3 pages of browsing, theres still a remaining 7 pages and i cant be fuked with lookin through... let me close this post (and hopefully this thread) by inviting you to come get wooped in ra2 and stop being a leva about some junk voting system, we dont need any more suicides we already have plenty on cnn.

You're so mad bro. Get over it, someone was mean to you in irc, and you aren't good at a mod that isn't even hard.

It's just sad watching you at this point. You come off like 2dum if he could use punctuation and form sentences.

Offline ex

• Carpal Tunnel Member
  • :>
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2013, 02:04:58 PM »
Yeah, the funny part is how random is saying I'm -1'ing on the level of magic, which can easily be seen to be false, both in frequency and in amount of rates, by far.

Don't know why he's deciding to side up with magic of all people.  Magic makes everyone who sides up with him look like a fool.  That's why I've backed away from trying to be his friend.  Too much bullshit, and he won't stop trolling.
VaeVictis:
i find it funny that you even consider grammar a sign of intelligence, that itself is a very uneducated claim

http://alldeadmormonsarenowgay.com/

Offline fdrjk

• Brobdingnagian Member
  • gotta be above it
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2013, 02:10:00 PM »
this is dumb
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Well-Reasoned Argument and/or Conclusion
    Demonstrates Exceptional Knowlege of the Game
    Appears Not to Comprehend Game Fundamentals
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Whoosh! You done missed the joke thar Cletus!
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Preposterously Irrational Arguments
    Blindingly Obvious Logical Fallacies
    Absurd Misconstrual of Scientific Principles or Evidence
    Amazing Conspiracy Theory Bro
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline random

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2013, 03:39:41 PM »
which can easily be seen to be false, both in frequency and in amount of rates, by far.
right.

http://forum.tastyspleen.net/quake/index.php?action=profile;area=received_rates;u=3111

Don't know why he's deciding to side up with magic of all people.

I have not... i simply pointed out you and dervish are also part of the problem you feel needs to be addressed.

Offline ex

• Carpal Tunnel Member
  • :>
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2013, 04:11:28 PM »
Well, if you're going to be ignorant, you might as well be all the way for sure.  :>

Dervish only started -1'ing magic when he was doing his shitstorm first.  I only noticed it because magic and Golgo were +1'ing themselves intentionally (which magic admitted to doing) and -1'ing Derv intentionally (which magic also admitted to doing), to the ranks of hundreds in the span of less than 5 days.

You should really learn how to be more accurate when you're trying to put your two cents in on a topic.  Half-truths and misdirections only make you look like a mental imp whose only goal is not to add anything worthwhile, but simply to troll.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
VaeVictis:
i find it funny that you even consider grammar a sign of intelligence, that itself is a very uneducated claim

http://alldeadmormonsarenowgay.com/

Offline Whirlingdervish

• View Profile
    • The Dervish Depository
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2013, 04:32:04 PM »
Well, if you're going to be ignorant, you might as well be all the way for sure.  :>

Dervish only started -1'ing magic when he was doing his shitstorm first.  I only noticed it because magic and Golgo were +1'ing themselves intentionally (which magic admitted to doing) and -1'ing Derv intentionally (which magic also admitted to doing), to the ranks of hundreds in the span of less than 5 days.

You should really learn how to be more accurate when you're trying to put your two cents in on a topic.  Half-truths and misdirections only make you look like a mental imp whose only goal is not to add anything worthwhile, but simply to troll.

Actually I've been negative rating magic/golgo's dumb troll posts for a while. I decided to do a few in one day to make up for lost time that day and now this random newbie goes around claiming I was arbitrarily doing it.
I up and down vote many people on any given day. I hand them out like candy so his claim obviously has to ignore the bunch of positive ones I also made and the context of the negative ones.

The rating system is there to be used and I do so as I have since it's inception and through the various stages of it's existence.

Ofc he didn't take my challenge to point out how a single one of those negative ratings was unwarranted.

He just wants to be a dickless troll, just like you concluded. Facts like the nearly 70 downvotes I have from magic in 3 days, don't seem to assist him in that endeavor.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline random

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2013, 05:28:38 PM »
Dervish only started -1'ing magic when he was doing his shitstorm first.

Actually I've been negative rating magic/golgo's dumb troll posts for a while.
and im the ignorant one right ex. ? :frustration:

Certain members are actively sitting on here for hours on end voting each other up, and other people down...That's a little absurd. It seems like it's being abused.

I decided to do a few in one day to make up for lost time that day. I up and down vote many people on any given day. I hand them out like candy.

He just wants to be a dickless troll, just like you concluded. Facts like the nearly 70 downvotes I have from magic in 3 days, don't seem to assist him in that endeavor.
if you were truly the smart ape you claim to be you would realize this has nothing todo with the ratings being correctly warranted / unwarranted. Ex started a thread crying about a system being abused and you supported it...yet you were both still guilty of the problem...it dosent matter who did it first the point is you still did it.

hmm maybe i should cheat like magic did years ago and think its ok just because he did it, then come on here make a thread on how serious of an issue cheating is and expect to get away with it.

"ex: hey dervish, golgo and magic massaged each others prostate. i demand we do it aswell."
"dervish: ok ex, that is a brilliant idea...dont worry they did it first so its ok."
"ex: ok now that its out of the way, let me go make a thread and cry about prostates being abused."

ex you need to stop brown nosing you girl.  :raincloud:

Offline Whirlingdervish

• View Profile
    • The Dervish Depository
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2013, 05:29:58 PM »
blah blah

Translation:

:bigcry:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

Hey random you conveniently ignored the key parts of those posts to snip out only the parts that you think make a case for you. CONTEXT. GET SOME.

this random newbie goes around claiming I was arbitrarily doing it.

<snip>

I up and down vote many people on any given day. I hand them out like candy so his claim obviously has to ignore the bunch of positive ones I also made and the context of the negative ones.

The rating system is there to be used and I do so as I have since it's inception and through the various stages of it's existence.

Ofc he didn't take my challenge to point out how a single one of those negative ratings was unwarranted.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 05:33:23 PM by Whirlingdervish »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline Sgt. Dick

• Loquaciously Multiloquent Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2013, 07:09:48 PM »
I don't really care about the voting, but if they are spending large amounts of time just to do that - its sad.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
aka IOU

Offline M1SERY

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2013, 12:06:23 PM »
who cares...

other than them, obv.

Really seriously who gives a fuck.

I can tell you one thing nobody gives a fuck about, you breathing.  Get fucked, loser.
who cares...

other than them, obv.

Really seriously who gives a fuck.

I can tell you one thing nobody gives a fuck about, you breathing.  Get fucked, loser.
You posted a picture of you and your nasty girlfriend on a q2 thread . Enough said , continue thinking whatever you want. I could not believe someone would do that. It is unheard of even on this forum of idiots.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

El Box de Shoutamente

Last 10 Shouts:

RyU

September 03, 2024, 05:15:49 PM
And wow Derrick is still playing lol

RyU

September 03, 2024, 05:15:15 PM
Just know yesterday is gone and soon tomorrow will be gone too  :)

Lejionator

August 08, 2024, 07:28:01 PM
It's tiem to QuakeCon!!!  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThQd_UJaTys

ImperiusDamian

July 26, 2024, 09:34:53 PM
In nomine Quake II et Id Software et Spiritus John Carmack, Amen.

QuakeDuke

July 26, 2024, 05:10:30 PM
Hey, shout, summertime blues
Jump up and down in you blue suede shoes
Hey, did you rock and roll? Rock on!!  ...QD

Yotematoi

July 24, 2024, 01:31:20 PM
Ayer me mato 5 veces para robarme en la vida real hará lo mismo? [img]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid0wXU2VgS7atesBcSoMz5BWMJCJajeZFVT6GzSU6TtpJGddN9kLTvWNgcZaskkbKFQl&amp;show_text=true&amp;width=500
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid0wXU2VgS7atesBcSoMz5BWMJCJajeZFVT6GzSU6TtpJGddN9kLTvWNgcZaskkbKFQl&show_text=true&width=500" width="500"

Yotematoi

July 24, 2024, 01:25:59 PM
hi ya está la basura de Martin, se cambió el nombre es un ladron estupido, asi llegó a 10000[img]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&amp;show_text
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&show_text

Yotematoi

July 24, 2024, 01:25:59 PM
hi ya está la basura de Martin, se cambió el nombre es un ladron estupido, asi llegó a 10000[img]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&amp;show_text
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&show_text

-Unh0ly-

July 05, 2024, 05:20:36 AM

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 10:51:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length