Author Topic: So you saw 'The Dark Knight Rises'...  (Read 19931 times)

Offline soh

• Carpal Tunnel Member
  • "Wir müssen wissen, wir werden wissen"
    • View Profile
    • Escher Site
  • Rated:
Re: So you saw 'The Dark Knight Rises'...
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2012, 05:18:14 PM »
Doesn't exclude the fact that someone worked hard for that movie. And you're ripping them off! :52935-4:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Well-Reasoned Argument and/or Conclusion
    Demonstrates Exceptional Knowlege of the Game
    Appears Not to Comprehend Game Fundamentals
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Whoosh! You done missed the joke thar Cletus!
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Preposterously Irrational Arguments
    Blindingly Obvious Logical Fallacies
    Absurd Misconstrual of Scientific Principles or Evidence
    Amazing Conspiracy Theory Bro
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline quadz

• Loquaciously Multiloquent Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2012, 05:31:47 PM »
Well, we can't all be rich.  :p  Software can cost an entire week's check nowadays, it's ridiculous. 

This is especially challenging when selling software overseas. In some countries the average income is a fraction of what it is in US/Canada/Britain for instance.

Ideally software could be priced differently for varying economic regions. But in practical terms when software is sold via electronic download, it's a difficult problem, as grey markets appear where people buy low in some country via proxy, then resell elsewhere at a "discount" (but really it's a markup and they're skimming off the top because they bought it where it was cheap.)

:raincloud:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
"He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious."

Offline ex

• Carpal Tunnel Member
  • :>
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2012, 06:07:32 PM »
Doesn't exclude the fact that someone worked hard for that movie. And you're ripping them off! :52935-4:

Oh yeah, lemme tell you, I feel so sorry for the $100+ billionaire cigar-smoking dickheads in Hollywood crybabying about losing a few million here and there to illegal downloading.

I know industry insiders, and let me tell you, the truth is the industry isn't hurting at all from people downloading.  The most they've lost in any scenario imaginable is a top of 5%.  That means they're crying about millions when they still made BILLIONS.  No, I don't feel the least bit sorry for them, because they simply aren't hurting from it.  People still go to the movies and buy DVDs/Blurays out the ass, so to think the industry is going down is a joke.  That's not what their profit reports are saying.  In fact, quite the opposite, the industry is going up!

As far as actual software from private entities being ripped off, I can see where that WOULD cost some real money, because a small business owner will feel the effects far greater than some Hollywood shithead snorting coke off a $10,000/night hooker's ass.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
VaeVictis:
i find it funny that you even consider grammar a sign of intelligence, that itself is a very uneducated claim

http://alldeadmormonsarenowgay.com/

Offline soh

• Carpal Tunnel Member
    • View Profile
    • Escher Site
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2012, 01:16:20 AM »
Are you telling me that if you were one of those billion-dollar cigar smoking dickheads in Hollywood, you wouldn't care if you lost even 5%? Well why don't you send some money over while you're at it to my bank account :grinelectric:

I'm fucking with you :evilgrin:

• Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline mir^mortal

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2012, 04:48:10 AM »
The movie has nothing to do with shooting (btw, haven't seen it), that's the same shit when back in 1999 there were fuckers who connected the shooting to NIN music, the Columbine school shooting...

Pirating software is an interesting subject though, a lot of companies, like Avid for example (I own the legitimate Pro Tools Studio software - have cost me $700), right now if I want to upgrade I have to pay more than $2,000 or so, even though I already own that 8 LE version, wtf?! I support the legitimate software download, but many of those fuckers make the unreasonable prices... which makes you go to piratbay... However, myself selling my music, if people "steal" that shit from torrents and websites where you can download it - hell yeah! that means people need it! I fully agree with haunted though! If you are not a large corporation or business, those piratebay fuckers steal your money and you don't get rewarded for your work.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline ex

• Carpal Tunnel Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2012, 06:49:55 PM »
Exactly my point, mir!  $2000?!  You could pay rent, go to the store for food, buy some movies and a Bluray player, and pick up an 8-ball of coke and a dozen half gallons of whiskey, and a couple prostitutes on that.  Hell, you might have some left over still.

Absurd.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
VaeVictis:
i find it funny that you even consider grammar a sign of intelligence, that itself is a very uneducated claim

Offline |iR|Focalor

• Irrepressibly Profuse Member
  • Help Destroy America: VOTE DEMOCRAT
    • View Profile
    • Focalor's Horrible Website: We Rape You Til The Room Stinks
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2012, 09:25:19 PM »
wtf?  "buy"?????  Fuck buying anything.  thepiratebay.se baby  :afro:

As someone who makes a living writing software that is often pirated: fuck you.  :afro:

Well if you wrote any of the software I've pirated, just let me know what it is and I'll delete it. Oh please please don't say you made "One-Legged Midget Burn Victim Strip Poker", I really love that one, it'd break my heart to 86 it.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline soh

• Carpal Tunnel Member
    • View Profile
    • Escher Site
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2012, 12:42:16 AM »
hahaha Funny name for a game :D

You guys remember Elf Bowl? Came out back around 2001/2002. I loved that game :lolsign:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline The Dreaming Dragon

• Carpal Tunnel Member
  • " ! "
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2012, 03:02:05 AM »
July 24th, 2012 7:31 PM
It's the Guns – But We All Know, It's Not Really the Guns

By Michael Moore

Since Cain went nuts and whacked Abel, there have always been those humans who, for one reason or another, go temporarily or permanently insane and commit unspeakable acts of violence. There was the Roman Emperor Tiberius, who during the first century A.D. enjoyed throwing victims off a cliff on the Mediterranean island of Capri. Gilles de Rais, a French knight and ally of Joan of Arc during the middle ages, went cuckoo-for-Cocoa Puffs one day and ended up murdering hundreds of children. Just a few decades later Vlad the Impaler, the inspiration for Dracula, was killing people in Transylvania in numberless horrifying ways.

In modern times, nearly every nation has had a psychopath or two commit a mass murder, regardless of how strict their gun laws are – the crazed white supremacist in Norway one year ago Sunday, the schoolyard butcher in Dunblane, Scotland, the École Polytechnique killer in Montreal, the mass murderer in Erfurt, Germany … the list seems endless.

And now the Aurora shooter last Friday. There have always been insane people, and there always will be.

But here's the difference between the rest of the world and us: We have TWO Auroras that take place every single day of every single year! At least 24 Americans every day (8-9,000 a year) are killed by people with guns – and that doesn't count the ones accidentally killed by guns or who commit suicide with a gun. Count them and you can triple that number to over 25,000.

That means the United States is responsible for over 80% of all the gun deaths in the 23 richest countries combined. Considering that the people of those countries, as human beings, are no better or worse than any of us, well, then, why us?

Both conservatives and liberals in America operate with firmly held beliefs as to "the why" of this problem. And the reason neither can find their way out of the box toward a real solution is because, in fact, they're both half right.

The right believes that the Founding Fathers, through some sort of divine decree, have guaranteed them the absolute right to own as many guns as they desire. And they will ceaselessly remind you that a gun cannot fire itself – that "Guns don't kill people, people kill people."

Of course, they know they're being intellectually dishonest (if I can use that word) when they say that about the Second Amendment because they know the men who wrote the constitution just wanted to make sure a militia could be quickly called up from amongst the farmers and merchants should the Brits decide to return and wreak some havoc.

But they are half right when they say "Guns don't kill people." I would just alter that slogan slightly to speak the real truth: "Guns don't kill people, Americans kill people."

Because we're the only ones in the first world who do this en masse. And you'll hear all stripes of Americans come up with a host of reasons so that they don't have to deal with what's really behind all this murder and mayhem.

They'll say it's the violent movies and video games that are responsible. Last time I checked, the movies and video games in Japan are more violent than ours – and yet usually fewer than 20 people a year are killed there with guns – and in 2006 the number was two!

Others will say it's the number of broken homes that lead to all this killing. I hate to break this to you, but there are almost as many single-parent homes in the U.K. as there are here – and yet, in Great Britain, there are usually fewer than 40 gun murders a year.

People like me will say this is all the result of the U.S. having a history and a culture of men with guns, "cowboys and Indians," "shoot first and ask questions later." And while it is true that the mass genocide of the Native Americans set a pretty ugly model to found a country on, I think it's safe to say we're not the only ones with a violent past or a penchant for genocide. Hello, Germany! That's right I'm talking about you and your history, from the Huns to the Nazis, just loving a good slaughter (as did the Japanese, and the British who ruled the world for hundreds of years – and they didn't achieve that through planting daisies). And yet in Germany, a nation of 80 million people, there are only around 200 gun murders a year.

So those countries (and many others) are just like us – except for the fact that more people here believe in God and go to church than any other Western nation.

My liberal compatriots will tell you if we just had less guns, there would be less gun deaths. And, mathematically, that would be true. If you have less arsenic in the water supply, it will kill less people. Less of anything bad – calories, smoking, reality TV – will kill far fewer people. And if we had strong gun laws that prohibited automatic and semi-automatic weapons and banned the sale of large magazines that can hold a gazillion bullets, well, then shooters like the man in Aurora would not be able to shoot so many people in just a few minutes.

But this, too, has a problem. There are plenty of guns in Canada (mostly hunting rifles) – and yet the annual gun murder count in Canada is around 200 deaths. In fact, because of its proximity, Canada's culture is very similar to ours – the kids play the same violent video games, watch the same movies and TV shows, and yet they don't grow up wanting to kill each other. Switzerland has the third-highest number of guns per capita on earth, but still a low murder rate.

So – why us?

I posed this question a decade ago in my film 'Bowling for Columbine,' and this week, I have had little to say because I feel I said what I had to say ten years ago – and it doesn't seem to have done a whole lot of good other than to now look like it was actually a crystal ball posing as a movie.

This is what I said then, and it is what I will say again today:

1. We Americans are incredibly good killers. We believe in killing as a way of accomplishing our goals. Three-quarters of our states execute criminals, even though the states with the lower murder rates are generally the states with no death penalty.

Our killing is not just historical (the slaughter of Indians and slaves and each other in a "civil" war). It is our current way of resolving whatever it is we're afraid of. It's invasion as foreign policy. Sure there's Iraq and Afghanistan – but we've been invaders since we "conquered the wild west" and now we're hooked so bad we don't even know where to invade (bin Laden wasn't hiding in Afghanistan, he was in Pakistan) or what to invade for (Saddam had zero weapons of mass destruction and nothing to do with 9/11). We send our lower classes off to do the killing, and the rest of us who don't have a loved one over there don't spend a single minute of any given day thinking about the carnage. And now we send in remote pilotless planes to kill, planes that are being controlled by faceless men in a lush, air conditioned studio in suburban Las Vegas. It is madness.

2. We are an easily frightened people and it is easy to manipulate us with fear. What are we so afraid of that we need to have 300 million guns in our homes? Who do we think is going to hurt us? Why are most of these guns in white suburban and rural homes? Maybe we should fix our race problem and our poverty problem (again, #1 in the industrialized world) and then maybe there would be fewer frustrated, frightened, angry people reaching for the gun in the drawer. Maybe we would take better care of each other (here's a good example of what I mean).

Those are my thoughts about Aurora and the violent country I am a citizen of. Like I said, I spelled it all out here if you'd like to watch it or share it for free with others. All we're lacking here, my friends, is the courage and the resolve. I'm in if you are.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2012, 06:47:47 AM »
Michael Moore is a fucking pussy and an idiot. As far as I'm concerned, he advocates abolishing the 2nd Amendment, an all-important right that our nations founders starved and fought and bled and died to secure for our nations future generations. While I'm not much of a fan of the current administration and state of affairs in government, I am a HUGE fan of the veterans of the Revolutionary War, and I'll be damned if I'll allow some fat pussy with a movie camera to indoctrinate me with misinformed bullshit opinions that seek to ultimately negate one of the 10 most important rights they struggled to earn. Those men did FAR more to help our country become a stable and safe place to live than 100 Michael Moore's EVER will, and they have my utmost respect and eternal gratitude.

If you outlaw guns, only the outlaws will have guns.

You can take that quote literally. ;) Because the only way I'm letting the federal government get away with abolishing the 2nd amendment which has been in place for 200+ years is if they use their own guns to fucking murder me first. And I don't think they'll be stupid enough to try it any time soon. They know there are a lot more of us than there are of them, and such a conflict would be far too much of a liability for them on SEVERAL fronts.

I have no problem with them supplementing the laws to prevent potentially dangerous individuals from legally acquiring a deadly arsenal of weapons they might use to innocent civilians, but I have EVERY problem with them preventing law abiding citizens and patriots from being able to possess weapons which help them protect themselves from any threats. I'm pretty sure the UN wants the United States to do away with all of their nuclear weapons, but we'd be fucking FOOLS to do so at this point. Giving up your means of protection invites people to attack you. And furthermore, I'm a fucking hunter, I'm not gonna hunt deer by throwing fucking rocks at them like a goddamn caveman when I can drop one instantly with a rifle bullet moving at 2,500+ ft per second.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 07:14:15 AM by |iR|Focalor »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline wallppen

• u mad
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2012, 08:42:49 PM »
The movie has nothing to do with shooting (btw, haven't seen it), that's the same shit when back in 1999 there were fuckers who connected the shooting to NIN music, the Columbine school shooting...

Pirating software is an interesting subject though, a lot of companies, like Avid for example (I own the legitimate Pro Tools Studio software - have cost me $700), right now if I want to upgrade I have to pay more than $2,000 or so, even though I already own that 8 LE version, wtf?! I support the legitimate software download, but many of those fuckers make the unreasonable prices... which makes you go to piratbay... However, myself selling my music, if people "steal" that shit from torrents and websites where you can download it - hell yeah! that means people need it! I fully agree with haunted though! If you are not a large corporation or business, those piratebay fuckers steal your money and you don't get rewarded for your work.

How is avid 2000 dollars to upgrade? \

HOLY shit googled it. MAN wtf is that.  That is a lot of money, get ableton its better!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 08:46:12 PM by Its all good »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline ex

• Carpal Tunnel Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2012, 10:27:22 PM »
Michael Moore is a man with an agenda, to sell his point of view in a very melodramatic way to get you disgusted with the society as it is.  To a point, he's correct in doing this...the fear and anger we have in the U.S. is unparalleled around the world, save some dictatorship nations where the leaders outright kill people for fun or kill people for disagreeing with them (nations in Africa, the Middle East, even some in Asia).

What he misses is the fact that the guns are still needed at this point.  He's never had the joy of dealing with a bunch of cokehead thug stereotypical ethnic ghetto-style folk with guns, knives, and whatever else coming up to you when you park at your apartment, ready to take you for everything you got.  The way he talks proves he's lived a bubble white life away from the troubles of the real world.  While I admire and am quite jealous of him on this, I also know he can't correctly assess why guns are needed in this society.

I know people who sleep with guns loaded and cocked under their pillows at night, and turn everything off at night (even the AC) so as to not make a single sound, so that if anyone tries to even giggle the doorknob, they'll pop right awake and go to the door with the pistol in hand.

I guess the only thing I could agree with is the issue of having automatic or semi-automatic weapons available to the public.  Unless you're someone who routinely gets people angry with you to the point of wanting your death, you should have zero need for these kinds of weapons.  Handguns are fine by me, even nice handguns that can splatter someone to death.  Hell, even shotguns are fine by me, so long as they aren't automatic/semi.

Also one last point, I wonder how MM used his statistics in this.  He says we have 8-9000 gun deaths a year from people shooting each other here.  I wonder how many of those are police-related shootings.  See how he failed to mention that denotation?  That's why I dislike him.  He takes a valid point but conveniently omits key points of details which intelligent people pick up on, because it would mean the difference between the upper or lower thousands in statistics.  Also, were police-related shootings filtered out in other nations as well?  If we take Japan as the example in 2006, the answer would be yes, but if we take the U.S., can't be sure with that high of a number.

As I originally said, his agenda is to make you feel BAD about being an U.S. American.  If he did that without altering stats or confusing issues, I'd be all for it...because we do have a lot to feel bad for, that's for sure!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 10:31:40 PM by ex »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
VaeVictis:

Offline |iR|Focalor

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2012, 12:27:49 AM »
I guess the only thing I could agree with is the issue of having automatic or semi-automatic weapons available to the public.  Unless you're someone who routinely gets people angry with you to the point of wanting your death, you should have zero need for these kinds of weapons.  Handguns are fine by me, even nice handguns that can splatter someone to death.  Hell, even shotguns are fine by me, so long as they aren't automatic/semi.

First of all, I think you're a little confused about auto and semi-auto. Auto means that you fire more than one cartridge per trigger pull. Semi-auto means that the weapon alone performs all of the work itself in order to fire a round, eject the brass, chamber another round, and ready the firing pin so that the next trigger pull will fire the next round. They only fire one round per trigger pull. Most handguns like a Glock 19, Walther PPK, and Colt 1911, which feature a sliding gas operated upper receiver, are all semi-automatic. Revolvers are typically classified as single action or double action, and you'd be hard pressed to find a single action revolver anymore that wasn't an antique. Probably more than half of the shotguns you'll ever see in a store are gonna be semi-auto, meaning they aren't pump shotguns or double barrel shotguns(over-under/side-by-side) where you break open the breach to load the shells. You fire one shell per trigger pull. These are great for hunting duck, because pumping to load the next shell to make a quick followup shot would draw you off target.

Personally, I'm against the bans and restrictions on automatic weapons. As far as I know, in most states you can own assault rifles like AK47's and AR15's as long they are semi-auto. In fact, there are tons of people who use various AR format semi-auto rifles for hunting nowadays. It's the fully auto variety that they have pretty tough restrictions on. In some states, I think they are only allowed to be owned or possessed by military and police personnel, like California if I am not mistaken (which I might be, haven't really researched it lately). But other places, you are only allowed to possess full-auto firearms by a special permit. And in order to be granted the permit, they do a complete criminal background check on you, and you sign a form granting law enforcement the right to search your property at any time for any reason without a valid search warrant. We can all thank assholes like Al Capone and John Dillinger for this, because the current laws governing the strict regulation of such firearms all started when those fucking pricks decided to start turning the streets of major cities into their own warzones with 45 caliber Thompson submachine guns and sawed off shotguns.

But to clarify my objections... I'm against banning automatic weapons in ALL states. I don't care how many gang bangers shoot up Compton with Mac11's, it shouldn't mean that intelligent and mentally stable law abiding citizens are denied the opportunity to collect and possess weapons they'll never use in an unlawful fashion. And the only restriction I am against is giving the government the right to search my house without a warrant. Other than that, I think it's probably a good idea that they run extensive background checks on people. Because I know from FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE that sometimes these local state agencies don't always get shit right.

A true story about that point...

I was the department manager over the sporting goods at a Kmart 10 years ago. One day a guy came in and wanted to purchase a shotgun. I had him fill out the form and checked his photo ID to see that it matched the info on the form he gave me, and... too briefly did I glance over the lengthy questionnaire at the bottom of the form, and missed the one box where he checked that he had been arrested for domestic violence before. I was in too much of a hurry and scanned right the fuck over it. Thinking it all looked good, I took his SS# and ran it through the background check box that transmits to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. After that, it spits out a form with his info printed on it. They will check his background and then call you back on the telephone with a code that write on both the printed form and the form he filled out earlier. They call back and say it's okay and give me the transaction code. So finish filling out all the paperwork, staple it together, ring up the gun, and at that point the register makes you have to call the store manager in order to insert a key in the register and make the transaction final. Well the manager comes over and looks over the form and... see's what I so stupidly missed. THANK FUCKING JESUS that the register forced the store manager to come over and finalize everything, otherwise I could've potentially been charged with a fucking federal crime. So you see, even with these localized federal background checks in place, it's still entirely possible that they will miss something. So whatever the hell they can do to prevent historically violent and unstable individuals from possessing a weapon that can kill 20 people in 8 seconds is a good thing in my book.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 12:33:19 AM by |iR|Focalor »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline The Dreaming Dragon

• Carpal Tunnel Member
  • " ! "
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2012, 04:36:42 AM »
I'm would never own a gun,nor fire one except out of extreme need. And I knew the Ban Guns cries would start after the Aurora shooting. All understandable,considering the efficiency of killing with guns. And considering the Big Picture,wrong.

Guns ARE effective at what they do,and the plan was a simple one...but if everyone was seeing it for the first time at Midnight,at least everyone in THAT audience,how did the Shooter know that there'd be gunshots in the begining of the movie,specifically to camoflage the sound of his own shots?Or was some trailer for the movie out somewhere that  had "the 1st 15 minutes or some thing?  Its an important point,how he planned this. But I think if he rented a big ass 4 wheel drive vehicle of some sort and just floored it to the line of people waiting to buy tickets and have taken out far More people if he drove said vehicle with serious intent to squash people like bugs under Monster Tires. And been Far More protected,fill the frame with concrete and not only do you have a rolling fortress with Mad Momentum until your gas ran out they'd need a bazooka to stop you.A rich young Arab Dude appears in an episode of Crazy Car Modders,asking,Build me a Tank,with gun placements to be added later,with Flame Throwers and Rotating Knives and Missle launchers and Armour and Oxygen Supply and Mobile Sonic Pain Cannons and infrared laser siting.Paid for in Small Bills.People who want to harm others will find a way. We all suffer betrayals of common good every day,needlessly.Yet we seldom appreciate what we have.

I am a big audiobook consumer,and considering what life was like  in a variety of time periods,we are civil,as things are right now,than most of history.Great and Terrible Shit that Fucks You Up if It Don't Kill You First-THAT kinda Fucked Up Shit happened to somebody every day somewhere. I'd rather let your imaginations fill in the details of such things than to list atrocities.How far in history do Gun atrocities go back to? Some Earl off Western Europe popped his wife's head with a cannonball or did some Disfavoured Mandarin get a firework crammed in his ass and lit? Before that it was swords. Sometimes you had to keep some guy from hacking into you was to hack into him. Not so long ago either. Its nothing new...and still needless wicked and sad.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2012, 04:04:54 PM »
http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/368825/sikh-temple-shooting-suspect-was-us-army-psyops-specialist

remember criminals, that's the retirement plan you get when you work for the NWO.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=7316773&q=hi

Huh? What the fuck are you talking about? I got news for you, crazy people are everywhere. To sign up for military duty with the possibility of going into combat and losing a body part or your life... you already gotta be at least a little crazy, because "normal" people don't have the discipline it takes to kill and withstand that kind of mental and physical abuse. Statistically speaking, you throw a rock into a crowd and 1 time out of 50 you're gonna hit someone with serious mental problems, ...and sometimes the military will unknowingly recruit these people too. One rogue nutjob asshole with an indiscriminate trigger finger should not be allowed to reflect on the thousands of other warriors who are some of the finest citizens this nation will ever know and serve it with honor. These "criminals" get their fucking limbs blown off with rockets and IED's so you can sit in your comfortable shithole apartment with air conditioning bitching about how they are nothing more than stupid mindless puppets of an evil government. They bleed and die for their country, what the fuck are you doing for it?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 04:06:59 PM by |iR|Focalor »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

El Box de Shoutamente

Last 10 Shouts:

RyU

September 03, 2024, 05:15:49 PM
And wow Derrick is still playing lol

RyU

September 03, 2024, 05:15:15 PM
Just know yesterday is gone and soon tomorrow will be gone too  :)

Lejionator

August 08, 2024, 07:28:01 PM
It's tiem to QuakeCon!!!  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThQd_UJaTys

ImperiusDamian

July 26, 2024, 09:34:53 PM
In nomine Quake II et Id Software et Spiritus John Carmack, Amen.

QuakeDuke

July 26, 2024, 05:10:30 PM
Hey, shout, summertime blues
Jump up and down in you blue suede shoes
Hey, did you rock and roll? Rock on!!  ...QD

Yotematoi

July 24, 2024, 01:31:20 PM
Ayer me mato 5 veces para robarme en la vida real hará lo mismo? [img]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid0wXU2VgS7atesBcSoMz5BWMJCJajeZFVT6GzSU6TtpJGddN9kLTvWNgcZaskkbKFQl&amp;show_text=true&amp;width=500
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid0wXU2VgS7atesBcSoMz5BWMJCJajeZFVT6GzSU6TtpJGddN9kLTvWNgcZaskkbKFQl&show_text=true&width=500" width="500"

Yotematoi

July 24, 2024, 01:25:59 PM
hi ya está la basura de Martin, se cambió el nombre es un ladron estupido, asi llegó a 10000[img]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&amp;show_text
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&show_text

Yotematoi

July 24, 2024, 01:25:59 PM
hi ya está la basura de Martin, se cambió el nombre es un ladron estupido, asi llegó a 10000[img]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&amp;show_text
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&show_text

-Unh0ly-

July 05, 2024, 05:20:36 AM

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 10:31:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length