Author Topic: Logitech LX700 wireless mouse issues.....  (Read 21151 times)

Offline |iR|Focalor

• Irrepressibly Profuse Member
  • Help Destroy America: VOTE DEMOCRAT
    • View Profile
    • Focalor's Horrible Website: We Rape You Til The Room Stinks
  • Rated:
Re: Logitech LX700 wireless mouse issues.....
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2008, 04:43:18 PM »
A few things...

receiver line of sight? there is a distance, there can be possible interference, but there is no line of sight.  you can put the receiver behind a 3 inch thick steel/lead plate and it would still receive. (RF)

You can put the receiver behind a 3 inch plate of steel and it will still pick up the signal? LOL! I guess this desk I'm sitting at must be made of FOUR inch thick steel then! When I set the wireless receiver on top of the tower RIGHT BESIDE THE DESK, it quits responding. When I move it to top corner of the desk... I get response.

I've never heard of a wireless mouse 'disconnecting', except when you take the batteries out and put them back in you usually need to hit a button on the mouse and receiver to sync them up. would you prefer your cell phone was corded?

Actually, wireless mice WILL sometimes disconnect from the receiver causing you to have to punch the sync buttons madly before you get fragged. Just because you've never heard of it happening, doesn't mean that it doesn't. And actually, if I had a few hundred miles of cord... Yeah, I'd want a corded phone INSTEAD of a cell phone. Cell phones drop calls... just like a wireless mouse drops the signal.

People have told me, "you'll just have to understand Plastik, that's just the way he is, he's a bit of a caustic personality." Fuck that shit. You're a know-it-all douchebag who argues with everyone, probably because you were an only child, the center of attention, and always got everything you ever wanted as soon as you pitched a shit fit for it.

You are not a beacon of light. You do not know EVERYTHING. Credibility is the best policy. When some yankee dumbass like you who has only seen tomato plant seedlings at your local Wal-Mart starts telling a country redneck like me how to properly grow some shit after you've read a few websites,... yeah, pretty much everything you say after that looses all weight and significance. I could tell you were an emtpy-headed moron the first time you replied to my introduction when I joined the MK forums not long ago. Unlike you, Jager actually KNOWS what the fuck he's talking about because he has HANDS ON EXPERIENCE. When we want to know how to properly pull off empty posturing, we'll come to YOU for advice, dick lick. Run along back to MK where you can pretend to be an admin, you're out of your element over here.

P.S., suck my cock, whore.

You take a few minutes to make sure your mouse cord is completely free and won't run into any snags, it really isn't that difficult. If your mouse cord is 3 ft' and your computer is 8 ft' away then it's time to rethink your setup.

The only thing that causes "drag" with a wired mouse is the between chair and keyboard error.

In my case, it's not actually the other cords that the mouse cord is hanging on. The way the cord drapes over the edge of the desk, the cord itself rubs the sharp 90 degree edge of the desk. These this shit called friction, it makes the cord not want to slide so easy over that corner. Oh sure, I could sand down the back edge of the desk to make it rounded, but that wouldn't look too swift since it's laminated particle board. Like I said, I pull up a little cord and trap it between the books the monitor is sitting on top of and the wall. No friction, no snags, problem solved.

Wireless mice are... less responsive,

If by "less responsive" you mean "less sensitive to movement", I gotta disagree. The one I had was VERY sensitive. TOO sensitive, in fact. It made fine aiming with a railgun damn near impossible.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Well-Reasoned Argument and/or Conclusion
    Demonstrates Exceptional Knowlege of the Game
    Appears Not to Comprehend Game Fundamentals
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Whoosh! You done missed the joke thar Cletus!
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Preposterously Irrational Arguments
    Blindingly Obvious Logical Fallacies
    Absurd Misconstrual of Scientific Principles or Evidence
    Amazing Conspiracy Theory Bro
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline UUD-40

• Carpal Tunnel Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2008, 05:34:17 PM »
I'll stick to wired mice: 1) They are lighter. 2) I don't have to recharge/replace the damn battery. and 3) Lower risk of interference.. (I usually keep my cellphone between the kb and mouse when I'm at my computer).
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline plastik

• Quake God
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2008, 11:10:11 PM »
"Actually, wireless mice WILL sometimes disconnect from the receiver causing you to have to punch the sync buttons madly before you get fragged."

not once in 4 years did this happen to me...odd for a 5$ mouse. you'd probably have a better chance of winning the lottery than your receiver disconnecting.
-

"you are not a beacon of light. You do not know EVERYTHING. "

lol when I told you that, it must of stuck with you pretty well...maybe I hit a nerve....embrace the truth, don't bury it. :)
-

"When we want to know how to properly pull off empty posturing, we'll come to YOU for advice"

odd, since jager is the one doing the 'empty posturing'...and now so are you.
-

"P.S., suck my cock, whore."

lmao now I know I really hit a nerve.  probably somewhere near your colon cause you got raped. 

here you are, sitting, waiting to pounce on me for hurting your girlish [EMo] feelings, talking about stuff from another thread on another forum.  HAHAH.

maybe you should do some research and find out what happened to the last groups of trolls that tried to gang up on me in the forums.  long story short, it didn't go so well for them...and it still isn't.  you're not going to wear me down one bit...you could of at least learned that by now.
-

"Run along back to MK where you can pretend to be an admin, you're out of your element over here."

lol you're new, so I'll give you the heads up. I've been at TS longer than you might think, infact I was at TS years before MK even existed (and I was here for years before even jager came around).  I ran a server, I 'invented' the TS500, designed/ran the tourney site, and I was a forum moderator at TS  (which I gave up on my own accord) you like the demo's section?  yeah that was my idea (although I'm sure more than just me wanted somewhere to put demo's).  lol, so trust me when I say I am not out of my element at TS, and trust me when I say if anyone were to belong here more, it would be me...even on just contributions alone.  don't let the lack of posts on my 'new' account fool you just because I stopped playing q2 for a while :)
-

"If by "less responsive" you mean "less sensitive to movement", I gotta disagree. The one I had was VERY sensitive. TOO sensitive, in fact. It made fine aiming with a railgun damn near impossible."

so basically you just shot down jagers entire argument, thanks. that sensitivity can be lowered through changing settings. now all jager has left to stand on is the complaints about changing batteries and 'interference' (which is basically the same as 'cord management') and even that still isn't much to stand on.  I mean you don't complain about your cellphone running on batteries or your mp3 player right?  if you want wireless, you need some way to get power to the wireless device and until we can safely beam electricity to a mouse in a cheap manner, we're going to have to make due with internal power sources for wireless devices.   
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 11:12:58 PM by plastik »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

R-a-z-o-r

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2008, 11:40:56 PM »
wireless sucks for gaming

YES, IT FUCKING SUX!!!

I were up in a 1v1 and i had
the lead and had to give
up bc my batteries in my
wireless mouse died.

Amazing how i still play with
this lame crap from hell.

:grrrr:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline jägermonsta

• Brobdingnagian Member
  • Bigger Than Jesus
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2008, 05:43:40 AM »
some people think the cord is a pain in the ass.  fact.

Facts still stand. Don't ignore them or act as if they are not any inconvenience what so ever.

Replacing/Recharging batteries is a pain in the ass.
Batteries start to die and no replacement batteries? You need to plug in a wired mouse or stop what you're doing to charge the mouse.
Wireless mice can have latency issues. Input to the computer has a good chance of not getting there in a timely manner for gaming. Why risk it?
Chance to lose sync with receiver... all of a sudden in a game your mouse stops working? Time to press the 'sync' buttons while the game continues without you.

Those are more than enough reasons not to bring a wireless mouse into a gaming environment. Remember this is about a wireless mouse in a gaming environment, not clicking around surfing the web.

You have no argument against ANY of those items. You will deny NONE of those facts have ever happened to you just so you don't look wrong. Why is it most people so far have said the SAME things regarding wireless mice in this thread alone? Try searching the internet and you'll find endless comments all saying the same things I stated above. Stop being a tool and just accept it. You... are... wrong...

as long as the dpi, polling rate/report per second, etc all match up, they should be pretty much on par.  do you even know how fast RF 'physically' travels compared to wires?  the difference is negligible, especially over a few feet.

They don't match up. Wireless mice don't have the same engines as wired performance gaming mice. That was the point I was making.

When RF is working properly sure, but add in interference.

please by all means quote this statement you think I made that contradicts itself.
RF doesn't require an exact 'line of sight'.  even in that case you can place the receiver right beside the screen, problem solved.

Basically you're saying RF doesn't require line of sight but it does...

how can I avoid facts when you aren't using any?

Countless people have all made the same negative comments about wireless mice but you ignore their claims for the sake of your point.

nice job admitting that you're being an asshole needlessly, and enjoying it while at the same time being angry at others.  if you wanna go back and read from the beginning, you'll realize I haven't provoked anything, the anger is all coming from one direction, you.  we'll make you the poster boy for wired mice. happy now?

this is an exact depiction of how you came into this thread..

I am an asshole? I've admitted that plenty of times all over this forum? Your point? I do enjoy it however I'm not angry what so ever. I can't remember a single time on this forum I've actually been angry. What you have provoked is me calling you out for being ignorant. That's all.

Poster boy of wired mice? Huh? You come up with insults like an out of touch old man.

I don't mind wireless mice so I must believe in the bible, and touch little girls because of it..hah!  however if you have a cute little sister and she is above 18, send her this way and I'll make a woman out of her.

Yeah basically. If you don't see the flaws in wireless mice or wireless anything for that matter then you're not inclined to any opinion having to do with anything technical. You have a simple mind and the fact it doesn't have a cord is amazing to you. 

I refer you to..

I took extensive courses in sociology and psychology years ago :)

No. You read that some where else and used the same insult that is used every where on the internet. It's not degrading to me because there is no truth in it while directed at me. You don't know me very well.

irony. look it up.  you accuse people of being ignorantly religious, but say 'Oh Christ'.  typical nerdy forum shit?  coming from someone baby whining about mice on a forum?  please do dedicate the next two hours to pointing out all of the grammatical errors in my posts.  although I'm willing to bet your time will not yield the results you hope for.

Ok... so by me saying the word 'Christ' in a negative way that makes me religious? If I were religious isn't that call blasphemy?

I don't deny that I'm a computer 'nerd' or hobbyist, it's my living. What can I say... I called you a nerd because your way of insulting somebody in an argument is to point of flaws in grammar of a quickly typed post. Ouch! The fact that you pride yourself on your proof read posts makes it's obvious you've never been kissed, by a girl at least.

lol, firefox has a spellcheck?  I guess you would know.

Hey look. You took something I said and turned it around on me again. You're so clever!

not once in 4 years did this happen to me...odd for a 5$ mouse. you'd probably have a better chance of winning the lottery than your receiver disconnecting.

So all the claims are false. Only what ever has happened in plastik's life holds any ground. Plastik doesn't have a cancer, so people don't die as a result of it all the time. Plastik doesn't have sex, so humans don't breed.

maybe you should do some research and find out what happened to the last groups of trolls that tried to gang up on me in the forums.  long story short, it didn't go so well for them...and it still isn't.  you're not going to wear me down one bit...you could of at least learned that by now.

As far as I'm aware. You were run out of the Tastyspleen community. You have a horrible reputation, you were worn down and I can feel you being worn down again. You're a very weak person plastik and those are the type of people I have the most fun with. I hope you stay this time, I really enjoy shitting all over people such as yourself.

so basically you just shot down jagers entire argument, thanks. that sensitivity can be lowered through changing settings. now all jager has left to stand on is the complaints about changing batteries and 'interference' (which is basically the same as 'cord management') and even that still isn't much to stand on.  I mean you don't complain about your cellphone running on batteries or your mp3 player right?  if you want wireless, you need some way to get power to the wireless device and until we can safely beam electricity to a mouse in a cheap manner, we're going to have to make due with internal power sources for wireless devices.   

So to explain this to you again... The latency/unresponsive issues I'm referring to have nothing to do with the sensitivity settings of the mouse. The issue of latency/unresponsiveness is common with wireless mice. Whether it be because of low batteries or interference between the receive and the mouse or because the manufacture just did a horrible job producing the mouse, the problem exists. You can deny it up and down all you want but deep down... you know it's there.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline plastik

• Quake God
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2008, 10:13:21 AM »
"They don't match up. Wireless mice don't have the same engines as wired performance gaming mice. That was the point I was making.

When RF is working properly sure, but add in interference."

how common is wireless mouse interference?  not very common at all.  I could put my cell phone in between my mouse and my receiver and I would not have any interference.  I could do the same with an FM transmitter or a wireless modem and still have no problems with the mouse.  short of completely encasing the receiver in a thick dense rf absorbing material or a mountain between your mouse and the receiver, you won't have any line of sight problems. 

you make it seem like even if there is no interference, wireless mice are to unresponsive.  even WITH interference the wireless mouse may not have any differences at all in regards to latency or accuracy of the transmission data. 
-

"Basically you're saying RF doesn't require line of sight but it does..."

really?  then how do you listen to the radio behind feet of concrete in a parking garage? or in your home for that matter? signals bounce. the signal can always find a way to reach it.  in most new remote controls you don't even need to point your remote at the device, you can even point it in the opposite direction.

-
"I called you a nerd because your way of insulting somebody in an argument is to point of flaws in grammar of a quickly typed post."

you're the one that said dumbfuck...so obviously I had to point out what a hypocrite you were, especially calling someone a nerd, when you yourself are getting angry over a discussion about mice.
-
"So all the claims are false. Only what ever has happened in plastik's life holds any ground. Plastik doesn't have a cancer, so people don't die as a result of it all the time. Plastik doesn't have sex, so humans don't breed."

wireless mice problems are not false, just a VERY low probability of happening unless you're working to make it happen. 
-
"As far as I'm aware. You were run out of the Tastyspleen community. You have a horrible reputation, you were worn down and I can feel you being worn down again. You're a very weak person plastik and those are the type of people I have the most fun with. I hope you stay this time, I really enjoy shitting all over people such as yourself."

lol yes, I was run out of the TS community..and how was that?  last time I checked before I left I was owning the trolls stalking me, in game (with a ball mouse) and in forum. q2 is an addictive game, and before you know it hours pass by, sometimes we need to spend more time in the real world :)  none of the admins ever asked me to leave nor did they remove my server/forum access privs...so how exactly was I run off?  by not having the time to argue with 10 idiots like you all day long over the simplest non provoking posts? I am one man with only 2 hands and a life. however if you look back I had some help :)

I refer you back to my original statement, what happened to those people? As I recall they were mostly all run off from MK (and TS) because no one would put up with their bullshit (some even changed their handles).  maybe you don't realize that when I was a moderator as TS, they purposely broke the rules so I would have to take action, just so they could complain about me to the other admins.  guess what? they weren't falling for their bullshit.   

at least I can give them credit for being better at arguing than both of you..you're small potatoes :)
-
"or because the manufacture just did a horrible job producing the mouse"

squirming for any reason eh?
-

"So to explain this to you again... The latency/unresponsive issues I'm referring to have nothing to do with the sensitivity settings of the mouse. The issue of latency/unresponsiveness is common with wireless mice. Whether it be because of low batteries or interference between the receive and the mouse or because the manufacture just did a horrible job producing the mouse, the problem exists. You can deny it up and down all you want but deep down... you know it's there."

please list this latency in milliseconds.  like I said before it would be negligible. if it is lower than your ping there is no damage (and it isn't even near that high in any case).  what unresponsive issues?  interference?  we've already established that interference happens VERY rarely, and most can use a wireless mouse their entire life with no problem at all, cheap or expensive. first you say the mouse is to heavy, but we have people saying some are to sensitive (imagine if it was lighter), now it isn't responsive enough?  when you move the mouse, it moves exactly when you move it...how more responsive can you get?  should it move before you even think about it?  responsiveness and sensitivity are basically the same exact thing.  the mouse moves in basically REAL TIME. since the RF signals go to a receiver, the only slow down is the time it takes to get from the mouse to the receiver, which is pretty much instantaneous. now I ask you again, list this latency in milliseconds since you're the god of mice knowledge.   

better yet, show me a video of 2 mice, one wired one wireless, side by side with the same specs and settings.
-

"Hey look. You took something I said and turned it around on me again. You're so clever!"

to clever for you :)
-

« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 10:38:01 AM by plastik »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline Whirlingdervish

• Super ShortBus Extravaganza
  • Illimitable Sesquipedalian Member
    • View Profile
    • The Dervish Depository
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2008, 10:21:44 AM »
*too

;)
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline plastik

• Quake God
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2008, 10:32:10 AM »
*too

;)
lol...I actually purposely left the extra 'o' out to see if he would notice..thanks for ruining it :)

• Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline DWxchzrles

• Opulent Member
  • hi all - have a nice day
    • View Profile
    • dwx clan
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2008, 10:36:35 AM »
Yawn

:zzz:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
I paid my dues and played by the rules!    http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Offline |iR|Focalor

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2008, 10:38:04 AM »

"you are not a beacon of light. You do not know EVERYTHING. "

lol when I told you that, it must of stuck with you pretty well...maybe I hit a nerve....embrace the truth, don't bury it. :)
-

Stuck with me? Am I at fault for having a fucking memory now? I'm sorry that I'm not the forgetful marshmallow-brained dopehead that you probably are.

"When we want to know how to properly pull off empty posturing, we'll come to YOU for advice"

odd, since jager is the one doing the 'empty posturing'...and now so are you.
-

What's odd about it? You talk about ALL subjects as if you are the foremost authority. You never fooled me for one minute, I always knew you were the prime example of "the empty head rattles the most."

"P.S., suck my cock, whore."

lmao now I know I really hit a nerve.  probably somewhere near your colon cause you got raped.

No, I just know that I'm dealing with someone who is really stupid. Didn't want to leave you completely confused as to the intention of that post.

here you are, sitting, waiting to pounce on me for hurting your girlish [EMo] feelings, talking about stuff from another thread on another forum.  HAHAH.

I love it when idiots break out the emo cutdowns. Emo, whatever the fuck THAT is, was a little before my time. Hehe, yeah, I remember how all the stupid high school dorks used to classify people based on the genre's of music they listened to.

-

......It didn't go so well for them? What, did you send the mafia to go work on his legs with baseball bats? Am I supposed to be afraid of something now? I'd love to meet you in person, just remember to bring an extra pair of undies, 'cause you'll shit the ones you came in. My intention is not to wear you down, christ on a stick you have such an over-inflated sense of reality. This is the fucking internet, retard. My reason for doing this is for sheer amusement. If you want me to actually wear you down, you're gonna have to hop a plane and come to me. By all means, make it "not go so well for me" too. What the fuck is a stupid cocksucker like you going to do, huh? Once again, suck my cock, whore!

"Run along back to MK where you can pretend to be an admin, you're out of your element over here."

lol you're new, so I'll give you the heads up. I've been at TS longer than you might think, infact I was at TS years before MK even existed (and I was here for years before even jager came around).  I ran a server, I 'invented' the TS500, designed/ran the tourney site, and I was a forum moderator at TS  (which I gave up on my own accord) you like the demo's section?  yeah that was my idea (although I'm sure more than just me wanted somewhere to put demo's).  lol, so trust me when I say I am not out of my element at TS, and trust me when I say if anyone were to belong here more, it would be me...even on just contributions alone.  don't let the lack of posts on my 'new' account fool you just because I stopped playing q2 for a while :)
-

Wow, that's neato. Am I supposed to give a fuck? Let me know when I'm supposed to give a fuck, will ya? So apparently you've been around Tastyspleen longer than me... does e-age equal e-power or something? Go slam your little dick in a door jam, kid.

"If by "less responsive" you mean "less sensitive to movement", I gotta disagree. The one I had was VERY sensitive. TOO sensitive, in fact. It made fine aiming with a railgun damn near impossible."

With each and every sentence you get stupider and stupider. Are you doing one shot of draino after every two sentances, or are you really that stupid? Jesus, does someone have to wipe your ass for you? Does someone cut up your food before you eat it? How the fuck you see THAT as proving your point about anything is...
FUCKING RETARDED
...just like you.

Wow, the sensitivity can be lowered by changing settings!!! HOLY FUCK, YOU'RE A FUCKING GENIUS!!! ...oh wait, no, you're still stupid. Because I changed the settings, captain obvious. It was still too sensitive. If by "responsive" he meant "accurate", he is most certainly still correct. The polling rate and reports/sec are LOWER, PERIOD! Now shut the fuck up and go back to MK where you belong. You're out of your element over here.
 :Aresehole:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline plastik

• Quake God
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2008, 10:40:05 AM »
Yawn

rofl you must be haunteds father!
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline DWxchzrles

• Opulent Member
  • hi all - have a nice day
    • View Profile
    • dwx clan
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2008, 10:42:58 AM »
:lolsign:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
I paid my dues and played by the rules!    http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Offline |iR|Focalor

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2008, 10:48:12 AM »
Yawn

rofl you must be haunteds father!

You're just jealous, you wish you knew who your father was.  :owned:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline jägermonsta

• Brobdingnagian Member
  • Bigger Than Jesus
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2008, 10:59:52 AM »
how common is wireless mouse interference?  not very common at all.  I could put my cell phone in between my mouse and my receiver and I would not have any interference.  I could do the same with an FM transmitter or a wireless modem and still have no problems with the mouse.  short of completely encasing the receiver in a thick dense rf absorbing material or a mountain between your mouse and the receiver, you won't have any line of sight problems. 

WITH interference the wireless mouse may not have any differences at all in regards to latency or accuracy of the transmission data.

Why would you admit it's common? Then you'd be back peddling which you are pretty much starting to do by admitting there is chance of interference. Regardless of the occurrence of that chance it's still enough to not use a wireless mouse or wireless anything for that matter in a gaming environment.

really?  then how do you listen to the radio behind feet of concrete in a parking garage? or in your home for that matter? signals bounce. the signal can always find a way to reach it.  in most new remote controls you don't even need to point your remote at the device, you can even point it in the opposite direction.

For shits and giggles I was just fucking around with a cheap logitech cordless mouse. With the receiver on the desk I could communicate with the computer (with the wireless latency feeling of course). I put the receive on the floor and I could no longer communicate with the computer. You tell me what went wrong with the rf?

you're the one that said dumbfuck...so obviously I had to point out what a hypocrite you were, especially calling someone a nerd, when you yourself are getting angry over a discussion about mice.

You are a dumb fuck? You've proved that in each and ever post you've made so far. You're hilarious!

wireless mice problems are not false, just a VERY low probability

Here we go! You admit they have issues! Debate over. You fail. Lets continue with the personal stomping of you though...

lol yes, I was run out of the TS community..and how was that?  last time I checked before I left I was owning the trolls stalking me, in game (with a ball mouse) and in forum. q2 is an addictive game, and before you know it hours pass by, sometimes we need to spend more time in the real world :)  none of the admins ever asked me to leave nor did they remove my server/forum access privs...so how exactly was I run off?  by not having the time to argue with 10 idiots like you all day long over the simplest non provoking posts? I am one man with only 2 hands and a life. however if you look back I had some help :)

All I heard was... that plastik was run out of the community. I certainly see why now.

I refer you back to my original statement, what happened to those people? As I recall they were mostly all run off from MK (and TS) because no one would put up with their bullshit (some even changed their handles).  maybe you don't realize that when I was a moderator as TS, they purposely broke the rules so I would have to take action, just so they could complain about me to the other admins.  guess what? they weren't falling for their bullshit.   

So people made fun of you and picked on you so you ran off like a child? I know this already.

at least I can give them credit for being better at argueing than both of you..you're small potatoes :)

Umm... you honestly think you won this stupid debate? You've made a complete ass of yourself so far and you have no idea, that's the best part. 

squirming for any reason eh?

Huh? If that was the case then that statement would be a toss in your direction for an excuse to pull yourself out of the hole you've dug.

please list this latency in milliseconds.  like I said before it would be negligible. if it is lower than your ping there is no damage (and it isn't even near that high in any case).  what unresponsive issues?  interference?  we've already established that interference happens VERY rarely, and most can use a wireless mouse their entire life with no problem at all, cheap or expensive. first you say the mouse is to heavy, but we have people saying some are to sensitive (imagine if it was lighter), now it isn't responsive enough?  when you move the mouse, it moves exactly when you move it...how more responsive can you get?  should it move before you even think about it?  responsiveness and sensitivity are basically the same exact thing.  the mouse moves in basically REAL TIME. since the RF signals go to a receiver, the only slow down is the time it takes to get from the mouse to the receiver, which is pretty much instantaneous. now I ask you again, list this latency in milliseconds since you're the god of mice knowledge.   

better yet, show me a video of 2 mice, one wired one wireless, side by side with the same specs and settings.

You're right, we've already established that interference does happen. Enough to not consider a wireless device for gaming. The end.

too* clever for you :)

:lolsign: :lolsign: :lolsign:

That's a joke right?

lol...I actually purposely left the extra 'o' out to see if he would notice..thanks for ruining it :)

ROFL! TO TOP IT OFF!

Nice try. You suck. :busted:

*you also spelled arguing wrong.  :oops:
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 11:02:40 AM by jägermonsta »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline Whirlingdervish

• Super ShortBus Extravaganza
  • Illimitable Sesquipedalian Member
    • View Profile
    • The Dervish Depository
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2008, 11:08:36 AM »
last time I checked before I left I was owning the trolls stalking me, in game (with a ball mouse)

:shifteyes:

don't mind me, people.. just stirring the pot.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

El Box de Shoutamente

Last 10 Shouts:

RyU

September 03, 2024, 05:15:49 PM
And wow Derrick is still playing lol

RyU

September 03, 2024, 05:15:15 PM
Just know yesterday is gone and soon tomorrow will be gone too  :)

Lejionator

August 08, 2024, 07:28:01 PM
It's tiem to QuakeCon!!!  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThQd_UJaTys

ImperiusDamian

July 26, 2024, 09:34:53 PM
In nomine Quake II et Id Software et Spiritus John Carmack, Amen.

QuakeDuke

July 26, 2024, 05:10:30 PM
Hey, shout, summertime blues
Jump up and down in you blue suede shoes
Hey, did you rock and roll? Rock on!!  ...QD

Yotematoi

July 24, 2024, 01:31:20 PM
Ayer me mato 5 veces para robarme en la vida real hará lo mismo? [img]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid0wXU2VgS7atesBcSoMz5BWMJCJajeZFVT6GzSU6TtpJGddN9kLTvWNgcZaskkbKFQl&amp;show_text=true&amp;width=500
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid0wXU2VgS7atesBcSoMz5BWMJCJajeZFVT6GzSU6TtpJGddN9kLTvWNgcZaskkbKFQl&show_text=true&width=500" width="500"

Yotematoi

July 24, 2024, 01:25:59 PM
hi ya está la basura de Martin, se cambió el nombre es un ladron estupido, asi llegó a 10000[img]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&amp;show_text
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&show_text

Yotematoi

July 24, 2024, 01:25:59 PM
hi ya está la basura de Martin, se cambió el nombre es un ladron estupido, asi llegó a 10000[img]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&amp;show_text
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&show_text

-Unh0ly-

July 05, 2024, 05:20:36 AM

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 10:42:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length