Author Topic: Black Friday SCORES!  (Read 6413 times)

Offline Barton

• Carpal Tunnel Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
Re: Black Friday SCORES!
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2010, 06:36:34 PM »
I can't stand reading e-books... can't have my eyes in front of a monitor for that long. I'll always buy the book... plus I like to support the few authors I really enjoy.

Yeah haunted, I feel exactly the same way. Also, it's nice to be able to read a book anywhere without having to lug a big ol' netbook or laptop.

Though at times I feel it's better to get the e-book, esp if the book is more expensive. If you're buying multiple tech books, it's to save some money by getting the e-book. That's interesting to hear, quadz. 

why pay for shit like that? i haven't bought a book in years cause anything i want i find for free, same with music, haven't bought a cd in years, get all my songs for free. get all my programs for free. just gotta know where and how to look

It's easy to say that when you're the person reaping all of the benefits from someone else's hard work. You don't have to view the issue on the side of the author to see that pirating is wrong. Without people paying for these products you steal, you wouldn't have anything else left to pirate.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Well-Reasoned Argument and/or Conclusion
    Demonstrates Exceptional Knowlege of the Game
    Appears Not to Comprehend Game Fundamentals
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Whoosh! You done missed the joke thar Cletus!
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Preposterously Irrational Arguments
    Blindingly Obvious Logical Fallacies
    Absurd Misconstrual of Scientific Principles or Evidence
    Amazing Conspiracy Theory Bro
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline Punk_FAS

• Carpal Tunnel Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2010, 07:22:23 PM »
If I had to guess, I'd say Alpha is speaking from a teenager's POV?  I hope anyway.

I will totally admit to pirating "almost" every game I play, or have played.  With that said, if I actually end up liking the game, and play it for a significant period of time, I like to support the developers/creators/etc (at least I hope I am) and I buy it.  If I download a game, try it, play it for a couple days, and find it uninteresting, I am usually thankful that I did NOT pay for it.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline [BTF]adam

• Brobdingnagian Member
    • View Profile
    • adam.tastyspleen.net
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2010, 07:30:00 PM »
my stance on piracy is pretty similar punk, if I would like to see/try something for example the latest lil wayne album (I am not usually a fan at the best of times, but I thought i'd give it a shot). grabbed a torrent of it and gave it a listen, it was the most garbage shit i've ever heard. I was considering buying it on iTunes and I saved myself money I cannot afford to be pissing away like I might've done.

I don't really download software (though I will admit I have never owned a legal copy of office and have a cracked fraps, for the most part any games I want i'll get through steam and buy it legit, cracking games got old a long time a go and being restricted to single player usually sucks.)

I have also downloaded a lot of illegal music, but if they are someone I truly do like I tend to buy their songs from then on, and have purchased exceptional albums before.

now here is a question I propose to you which is an opinionated question, imo:

Do you think the fact I stream/download episodes of TV series (Dexter, House, Fringe, Eureka, Walking Dead, Chuck, etc) is piracy? Considering the only reason I do it is because in the UK we get shown these episodes 1-2 weeks later than everyone else. I don't personally, I have no moral qualms about doing it and it has never felt like piracy, it has already been released after all and will be shown here in due time, I just can't wait!
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline quadz

• Loquaciously Multiloquent Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2010, 11:01:47 PM »

Do you think the fact I stream/download episodes of TV series (Dexter, House, Fringe, Eureka, Walking Dead, Chuck, etc) is piracy? Considering the only reason I do it is because in the UK we get shown these episodes 1-2 weeks later than everyone else. I don't personally, I have no moral qualms about doing it and it has never felt like piracy, it has already been released after all and will be shown here in due time, I just can't wait!

Speaking only for myself, if I feel I'm being treated capriciously by a publisher or distributer, I'm likely less inclined to abide by any artificial constraints they're attempting to impose. 

In an age where the information delay between the U.S. and the U.K. is measured in milliseconds, I don't think they should be surprised to find some viewers unwilling to abide by their artificial delay measured in weeks.

:exqueezeme:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
"He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious."

Offline VaeVictis

• i was -1 because you fucking suck
  • Brobdingnagian Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2010, 03:02:29 AM »

Speaking only for myself, if I feel I'm being treated capriciously by a publisher or distributer, I'm likely less inclined to abide by any artificial constraints they're attempting to impose. 

In an age where the information delay between the U.S. and the U.K. is measured in milliseconds, I don't think they should be surprised to find some viewers unwilling to abide by their artificial delay measured in weeks.

:exqueezeme:

not as bad as the months or years some good anime take to reach the states :( its really no surprise that its all streamed here in japanese... however some companies have caught onto this, and some like funimation have actually set up a youtube account posting entire series (watched FMA:Brotherhood that way, was good quality)

on the note of piracy though... i own two copies of quake, two copies of quake2, two copies of quake3, two copies of doom, two copies of doom2, and various other multiples of games i love :) some times for the cd key, some times just for a cool new package kinda like the devil may cry collectors pak with 1 2 and 3 in one box... but its all supporting the devs.... however with piece of shit games and stuff its called find the "sample" version to see it sux then dont bother with it ever again XD i know some people that torrent EVERYTHING.... and its annoying beyond the money reasons, cant lan the shit with my legit copies because he has to wait for a patch for that specific crack, or maybe the crack doesnt work online at all, just stupid shit like that

and on black friday.... newegg has been having crazy sales all month :( it kinda pisses me off though cause the good shit sells out before i can buy it.... found a 20$ 120g western digital external hard drive on newegg at the beginning of the month at like 8:30am or so at school... by lunch it was sold out :( same thing happened with a 320g iomega one for 30$ on friday
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline [BTF]adam

• Brobdingnagian Member
    • View Profile
    • adam.tastyspleen.net
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2010, 07:48:54 AM »
well there is probably one of the first good points you've made actually vae, ever. some stations set up the ability to view the most recent episodes literally hours if that after an episode is broadcast live, the only issue again is they have country specific blocks on. so you couldnt watch something here that shows over there later (stuff like top gear f.e.) and i cant go onto fox.com and watch it on there, but its still available technically online. eh i dunno it should just be released at the same time and this problem would not even arise.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

El Box de Shoutamente

Last 10 Shouts:

Costigan_Q2

Today at 07:35:35 AM
Members
Total Members: 2921
Latest: provider

Date Registered : March 20, 2024

*laughs in slow clapping*

RyU

September 03, 2024, 05:15:49 PM
And wow Derrick is still playing lol

RyU

September 03, 2024, 05:15:15 PM
Just know yesterday is gone and soon tomorrow will be gone too  :)

Lejionator

August 08, 2024, 07:28:01 PM
It's tiem to QuakeCon!!!  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThQd_UJaTys

ImperiusDamian

July 26, 2024, 09:34:53 PM
In nomine Quake II et Id Software et Spiritus John Carmack, Amen.

QuakeDuke

July 26, 2024, 05:10:30 PM
Hey, shout, summertime blues
Jump up and down in you blue suede shoes
Hey, did you rock and roll? Rock on!!  ...QD

Yotematoi

July 24, 2024, 01:31:20 PM
Ayer me mato 5 veces para robarme en la vida real hará lo mismo? [img]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid0wXU2VgS7atesBcSoMz5BWMJCJajeZFVT6GzSU6TtpJGddN9kLTvWNgcZaskkbKFQl&amp;show_text=true&amp;width=500
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid0wXU2VgS7atesBcSoMz5BWMJCJajeZFVT6GzSU6TtpJGddN9kLTvWNgcZaskkbKFQl&show_text=true&width=500" width="500"

Yotematoi

July 24, 2024, 01:25:59 PM
hi ya está la basura de Martin, se cambió el nombre es un ladron estupido, asi llegó a 10000[img]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&amp;show_text
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&show_text

Yotematoi

July 24, 2024, 01:25:59 PM
hi ya está la basura de Martin, se cambió el nombre es un ladron estupido, asi llegó a 10000[img]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&amp;show_text
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&show_text

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 10:43:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length