Author Topic: How to beat erica on frdm3  (Read 4350 times)

Offline VaeVictis

• i was -1 because you fucking suck
  • Brobdingnagian Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
How to beat erica on frdm3
« on: August 14, 2010, 01:31:15 AM »
Noobs seem to have trouble beating this sub par player on this one map in particular due to her style and map knowledge of a map no one really plays... I was bored, figured id write this up so people will stop losing to such a lowly dueler

Some of the tips will carry over to other maps, and some of the tips will also help greatly against other players, but the guide is mainly geared towards frdm3 vs erica

how to beat erica on frdm3

strat #1: rocket denial
   Easy enough, you can time the rockets pretty easily, rocket launcher preferably,
   if she is being really vigilant on the RL itself, just deny the 2 rocket packs
   down the hallway and the backpack, eventually she will run out of ammo and have
   to use other weapons... her chaingun and ssg are weak so chances are she will
   clutch rail, just dont give her any easy shots by moving in a straight predictable
   pattern for long, she cant hit anything but easy shots that are lined up due to
   her ping and general lack of aim... at that point it should be easy enough to
   either steal another RL, or put yourself into a close range where you will have
   the advantage with chain or ssg against her rail

strat #2: rail play
   Just like it sounds this strategy implies you like railing, if you dont have at
   least a semi decent rail i dont suggest it, this strategy also works well if you
   arent in control vs her, you can camp down by the rail area, in the lower area,
   she wont venture close enough to deal significant damage and you have a short
   route to steal either YA when she neglects them (which she does often), if you
   play quiet you should be able to capitalize on her poor use of sound cues and
   camp the right spots to line up rail shots for when she peaks out over the GL
   ledge or drops down the stairs for the upper YA, you can also try to rail her as
   she grabs the two rocket packs in the hallway shortly after hearing the RL pickup
   and shards, however that is much more dangerous and should only be done if your
   confident enough... also consider if you frequent the area near rail and she
   attacks from any passage from the other side of the map, from the distance you
   create rockets should be easy to dodge, and if she drops down to close the
   distance you can just take the teleport to chain and now you have the high ground
   and can assume if she made the effort to go agressive she will fallow you through
   the teleporter where you can deal some good damage as she has lined herself up
   for whatever shot you wish to take

strat #3: lovin' nades
   when she drops down for RL and likely will go down the hall for the two rocket
   packs, you have an opertunity to sneak around up top and steal a GL and possibly
   the other yellow by dropping to it shortly after, just make sure you are in the
   right position about the time RL comes up, the grenades can do you a lot of good
   with her play style where she walks around like she owns the map... spamming them
   on armors and she goes for them, elevators and she goes for them, or even weapons
   such as the rocket launcher, you will score much needed chip damage and due to
   the map only having 2 YA and her tendency to ignore health packs you should be
   able to push advantage with chain ssg or rail if you can score a couple good nades,
   this strategy also helps out the other two strategies greatly

General tip #1: listen and know where health is
   every player knows that armor is important, but health packs are very important as
   well, chances are she will get lucky and you will eat some splash damage from a
   rocket even if you are being sneaky, so knowing where the health packs are will help
   you stay alive much better, and it also denies health from her, the biggest spot
   for health is the 2 25s bellow the chaingun, but there is several spots with less
   health you should learn so you can use them... also you really want to listen, not
   just for foot steps, jump sounds, and item pickups, but very importantly for weapon
   firing sounds... the reason i grouped the two of these things together is because
   most of the time when i see a player lose to erica on frdm3 is because they arent
   listening so she can either land prediction shots or get up in their face, and when
   they recieve chip damage or end a fight they take too long to stock back up on health
   and armor giving her the chance to score a frag by chipping repeatedly

General tip #2: Learn the angles
   the angles of frdm3 are done in such a way that you can do some really cool prediction
   and angle shots, try to learn them so you can throw damage out from odd angles where
   it isnt expected and keep yourself from recieving damage by going into a straight up
   fight against some one who crutches their rockets like nothin else... you can use the
   angles with rails rockets and nades, just try to listen and line shots up, she plays
   quite predictably so it shouldnt be too hard after you learn some shots

General tip #3: defense like a ninja
   now some people may view a +back style as a cowards way to play, but its just a
   smarter way to play, learn which parts of the map she doesnt frequent too often and
   learn to exploit those areas to disappear when ever you dont have the advantage,
   stay in motion constantly, but do not be noisy about it... her sound awareness is
   quite bad but you still shouldnt go about picking up every item if you dont need it
   and you shouldnt just jump for no reason... if you go offensive that plays right to
   her style of laying rockets for you to run into them, instead do the same to her,
   try to be patient and dont give her frags, make her work for them and since she isnt
   too smart with agressive play you can line rails up and use nades and rockets as a
   way to play defensive while dealing out some serious damage

General tip #4: In control
   use some common sense here, try to hold the high ground, use sound cues to keep track
   of her and try to spam rockets where she WANTS to go, you can bate the armors and health
   packs to score some rocket damage if you dont need them, keep a tight hold on megahealth
   because it is extremely important, a very very important item to control on frdm3 is the
   RL which you wont want to miss a pickup on because its a very strong weapon for
   regaining control from the lower position... try to keep track of how much damage you
   have dealt and use the right weapon for the job, if she is tryin to keep distance with
   a small amount of health, dont try to score that one rail, dont go for long range rox,
   just pull out the chain or ssg and get that bit of final damage in... also you want to
   try and make sure that both armors dont spawn at the same time, delay a pickup for one
   if you need to so you have enough time to get from armor to armor without leaving one
   up and you can keep a total lock down on the map

if you can combine these tips with general dueling knowledge and a tiny bit of skill it should make the map an easy win vs her

if i think of anything else i might update this
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 01:33:06 AM by VaeVictis »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Well-Reasoned Argument and/or Conclusion
    Demonstrates Exceptional Knowlege of the Game
    Appears Not to Comprehend Game Fundamentals
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Whoosh! You done missed the joke thar Cletus!
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Preposterously Irrational Arguments
    Blindingly Obvious Logical Fallacies
    Absurd Misconstrual of Scientific Principles or Evidence
    Amazing Conspiracy Theory Bro
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline gaudy

• View Profile
  • Rated:
Re: How to beat erica on frdm3
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 06:16:00 AM »
Strategy to beat me on [your map pick here]?

I'd like an analysis, for real.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline fdrjk

• Brobdingnagian Member
  • gotta be above it
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 12:57:58 PM »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline VaeVictis

• i was -1 because you fucking suck
  • Brobdingnagian Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 04:13:08 PM »

couldnt rail that day, obviously, usually i smash bless, and usually i always smash you, if you want to 1v1 instagib or normal 1v1 youd lose every time, your proud of 1 or 2 wins where you barely beat me? congratz, if i took a screenshot of every time i beat you it would just crowd up my screenshot folder too fast... screenshots are only needed if you cant repeat results

Strategy to beat me on [your map pick here]?

I'd like an analysis, for real.

lol gaud, i cant figure out a strat that works on you, your style is confusing against my style... it seems more random than slugs' style, youll play smart, and then play agressive totally at random, if ya give me enough time i might come up with somethin but meh

frdm3 is a stupid map. it will never have the tiniest, remote chance of even being in any duel league around here. If people have fun on it though, then power to them I guess. Personally, I choose to play the other many maps that ACTUALLY promote competition.. as a tdm player, this is more fun for me. I am certain of how you would play this map at the top level of play, and it's really bogus / not worth my time.

and wow @ this thread. You took the time to write a guide on how to beat a tdm player that just started on a worthless map because she broke your e-heart. DUDE...... not caring and being an asshole is one thing, but perhaps you shouldn't TRY to make us all think that you're some psychopathic lunatic. I mean damn.... the whole e-relationship situation is funny, both them and you. But it's to the point that you're being pathetic enough that I start to feel sorry for you instead of laugh.

of course i didn't read that stupid guide either.

its a guide of how to beat players on frdm3, specifically erica since she is the only person who plays the shit map besides maybe venova... she gets wins on players that she shouldnt get wins against BECAUSE no one plays the map... i actually had a bit of this written up in notepad when i was still talking to erica cause id always give her tips to improve her game, and i was noticing some problems with her play on frdm3 where you could easily beat her with the right strategies, all i had to do was take all that, and change it into how to beat her :) not much wasted time, it took me maybe 5 minutes to write up and i was talking to people on msn while i did it
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline UUD-40

• Carpal Tunnel Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 04:17:36 PM »
]map frdm3
Can't find map 'frdm3' 

:oops:
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

El Box de Shoutamente

Last 10 Shouts:

RyU

September 03, 2024, 05:15:49 PM
And wow Derrick is still playing lol

RyU

September 03, 2024, 05:15:15 PM
Just know yesterday is gone and soon tomorrow will be gone too  :)

Lejionator

August 08, 2024, 07:28:01 PM
It's tiem to QuakeCon!!!  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThQd_UJaTys

ImperiusDamian

July 26, 2024, 09:34:53 PM
In nomine Quake II et Id Software et Spiritus John Carmack, Amen.

QuakeDuke

July 26, 2024, 05:10:30 PM
Hey, shout, summertime blues
Jump up and down in you blue suede shoes
Hey, did you rock and roll? Rock on!!  ...QD

Yotematoi

July 24, 2024, 01:31:20 PM
Ayer me mato 5 veces para robarme en la vida real hará lo mismo? [img]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid0wXU2VgS7atesBcSoMz5BWMJCJajeZFVT6GzSU6TtpJGddN9kLTvWNgcZaskkbKFQl&amp;show_text=true&amp;width=500
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid0wXU2VgS7atesBcSoMz5BWMJCJajeZFVT6GzSU6TtpJGddN9kLTvWNgcZaskkbKFQl&show_text=true&width=500" width="500"

Yotematoi

July 24, 2024, 01:25:59 PM
hi ya está la basura de Martin, se cambió el nombre es un ladron estupido, asi llegó a 10000[img]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&amp;show_text
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&show_text

Yotematoi

July 24, 2024, 01:25:59 PM
hi ya está la basura de Martin, se cambió el nombre es un ladron estupido, asi llegó a 10000[img]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&amp;show_text
https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fzoloyoze.torito%2Fposts%2Fpfbid03hZrkDUBJPZKCuFgy5hRUy831ekKJYVRzC7ajXaKQbJ6xcPgKftLukUDfovFyEq3l&show_text

-Unh0ly-

July 05, 2024, 05:20:36 AM

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2024, 11:20:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length