Author Topic: The last movie you saw....  (Read 521216 times)

Offline |iR|Focalor

• Irrepressibly Profuse Member
  • Help Destroy America: VOTE DEMOCRAT
    • View Profile
    • Focalor's Horrible Website: We Rape You Til The Room Stinks
  • Rated:
Re: The last movie you saw....
« Reply #1710 on: May 30, 2023, 08:06:10 AM »
Probably gonna finally watch Cocaine Bear tomorrow.

Cocaine Bear -
Kinda funny, kinda dumb. Worth watching if you have nothing else, but probably not something I'm gonna want to watch more than once.

Sisu...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2k4QAItiSA

this Finish film got an imdb rate of 7.1 and got a 94% Rotten Tomato rating.  Saw the trailer and said to myself "hmm seems damn good".  So I tried watching it.

What the fuck did i just saw!

This guy is 10000x better than Rambo and not even a tagteam of Rambo + the Terminator could prolly kill him..

Damn, cant trust ratings nowadays even if its from Rotten Tomato.

Does that mean you did or didn't like it?

It was pretty good. Reminds me a little bit of 70's grindhouse kinda movies, which is obviously what they were going for... or they were kinda borrowing a bit from similar movies by Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino, which used the same font and colors as this movie did for all the titles. I guess the idea was to either blatantly rip off a Tarantino/Rodriguez movie, or to pay homage to them. It was pretty good though - it was unique enough that I wouldn't call it a "rip-off". The gore-factor was pretty high, but could've been a lot higher. Would've been nice to see the girls doing some super-graphic horrible gruesome shit to the one guy that he left begging for his life in the road. I mean why be realistic with the blood, go insane with it. I mean why not, it's not like anyone will call the movie out for being "unrealistic" - they already have him using a pick axe to swing from the underside of a plane.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Well-Reasoned Argument and/or Conclusion
    Demonstrates Exceptional Knowlege of the Game
    Appears Not to Comprehend Game Fundamentals
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Whoosh! You done missed the joke thar Cletus!
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Preposterously Irrational Arguments
    Blindingly Obvious Logical Fallacies
    Absurd Misconstrual of Scientific Principles or Evidence
    Amazing Conspiracy Theory Bro
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #1711 on: June 12, 2023, 03:48:53 PM »
Winnie the Pooh - Blood & Honey

Got about 15 or 20 minutes into it... and that's all I could take. Wow. What a tremendous piece of shit. 1 out 10. Awful.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #1712 on: September 04, 2023, 08:01:55 PM »
Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

It had action and adventure. But then again, lots of other movies do these days. I mean... if you just wanted another Indiana Jones movie... and one with ridiculous shit like time travel, MORE nazis (because the 1st and 3rd ones didn't have enough for you I guess), 80% of the movie looking like it was shot in front of a green screen (yet oddly enough still costing shitloads of money to produce as if they used physical sets and real effects and stunts), and rampant plot "borrowing" from the other 4 Indiana Jones movies (like the room with shitloads of creepy crawly insects from Temple of Doom)... then this is the movie for you.

Personally, I didn't think Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was as bad as the critics said it was. I kinda liked it. It wasn't as good as the first 3 Indiana Jones movies obviously, but I felt like it fit enough to be a legit 4th installment, and it was written by George Lucas and directed by Spielberg, so even though it was an obvious cash grab of a movie, it felt like it fit with the others.

This one is NOT written by George Lucas and is NOT directed by Spielberg. And you can tell. And if the 4th one tarnished the reputation of franchise, the critics were very accurate on this one for once: it was rehashed mediocre crap.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's what I notice:

*1st movie - the ark of the covenant (was a real thing)

*2nd movie - chakra stones (pretty sure they were a real thing in Indian culture, maybe not THOSE SPECIFIC stones in the movie, but such things were known to have existed)

*3rd movie - holy grail, the cup christ used at the last supper (likely a real thing, I'm pretty sure certain historical accounts do reference certain people possessing a thing believed to be the cup, unknown for sure if they actually did)

*4th movie - crystal skull (fake, all the discovered supposed native american crystal skull artifacts were proven to be fakes)

(note: moving away from reality and believability here, aren't we?)

*5th movie - dial of archimedes (fake, not a real thing, VERY loosely based on the Antikythera mechanism, a greek artifact theorized to have been created to predict the movements of the stars and the occurrence of eclipses)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
All of the movies feature some kind of "magical" aspect: The mystical power of the Ark and it's curse being able to kill people, the magical powers of the chakra stones, the mystical power of the grail cup and it's ability to heal and give eternal life to whoever drinks from it (even though Indy's dad did end up dying eventually... strange, right, lol), the otherworldly power of the crystal skull, the magical power of the dial to predict time fissures that allow for time travel.

But the first three were based on religion, major ones that still exist. The 4th one... arguably a religious myth, although based on fake archeology. 5th one, COMPLETELY MADE UP, no religious context at all. I think the fact that the first three used artifacts from religions still in existence today lent a bit of believability to the magical aspects of the plots in the movies. Just my opinion, just my theory. I think if they could've found some other religious based artifact, like the "spear of destiny", perhaps that would play better. (the spear that was used to stab Christ as he hung on the cross, a special division under the direction of Nazi SS Reichsfuhrer H. Himmler was trying to find it, it's rumored that the catholic church has it hidden somewhere) And HEY, since they obviously had to have a nostalgic callback with Nazi's, that one would've let them use Nazi's again as the bad guys, right!?!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2023, 08:43:28 PM by |iR|Focalor »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline yahoo

• Opulent Member
  • Quake II | Powered by SMF 1.0.9.
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #1713 on: September 04, 2023, 09:31:26 PM »
that movie aint really good nor bad.. just enjoyable
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
Quake II | Powered by SMF 1.0.9.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.

Offline yahoo

• Opulent Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #1714 on: October 12, 2023, 02:16:55 PM »
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #1715 on: November 11, 2023, 01:00:19 AM »

Oppenheimer (2023)

Watched it last night. Yeah... so... it's a dramatization of Oppenheimer's life and story. Nothing really more to say than that. It is what it is. Pretty long though, 3 hours total. I fell asleep somewhere after hour 2 and woke up about 15 minutes before it ended. Didn't miss a damn thing that I could tell.

The explosion of the first test... seems like they didn't want to use any real footage of a real nuclear test. Did they maybe feel like the difference in the look of the shots would disrupt the flow of the movie somehow? I don't know. What they did end up creating in it's place looked FAR smaller than any kind of nuclear explosion. It was very underwhelming, and I think this movie had a moral duty to really demonstrate and relate just how unfathomably vast and powerful a nuclear weapon is. The real Oppenheimer was horrified by what he had created. And the movie showed that, but the explosion they showed looked more like a regular old fireball from a gasoline explosion. In my opinion, the bullshit explosion they used did more to disrupt the movie than using stock footage of the trinity test would've. ::)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19ikl8vy4zs

loved it.

Tried watching it tonight. Got about 30 minutes into it before I had to cut it off. There's so much Italian being spoken in the movie, and when I converted it to MP4 from the MKV I downloaded, I didn't burn in the subtitles. So I had to re-convert it a couple times trying different subtitle tracks before I got the one that added all the Italian parts. Will watch it tomorrow night I guess.

Instead, I watched...

The Killer (2023) starring Michael Fassbender.

The previews I saw for it on Youtube made it look like it was going to be some kind of start-to-finish high impact action marathon like a Jason Bourne movie or something, but... it really wasn't. It was okay. The flow was a bit weird the way it did "chapters" for each target he identifies. But the whole "he's a hitman who obsesses over details and methods" thing has kinda been done before, ya know?
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #1716 on: January 08, 2024, 02:50:33 AM »

Vertigo (1958) - starring James Stewart, Kim Novak, directed by Alfred Hitchcock

WOW. See this. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I've never been too much of a Hitchcock fan. I remember the first time I saw The Birds (1963, starring Tippi Hedren) when I was maybe 7 years old and it scared the piss outta me. I remember my parents and grandparents thought it was funny that it scared me because to adults its not all that scary... but think about some of the scenes in the movie for a second. Hordes of crows attacking little children on a playground, killing them and pecking peoples eyeballs out. I was fuckin' 7 years old. My family: buncha fuckin' sadists.  :D

I was always more into 80's and 90's cheesey, campy, horror, cult kinda stuff. But you get older, your tastes evolve. I'm starting to appreciate older movies a lot more, especially the black and white stuff from the 40's, stuff you see on TCM typically. So Christmas Eve I was flipping through the guide on the satellite and saw that TCM was doing a bunch of Hitchcock movies on Christmas. I knew no one else in the house would wanna watch that stuff on Christmas day, so I DVR'd it.

Rear Window (1954)
The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956)
Vertigo (1958)

I've seen Rear Window before,... I think I've even seen a remake of it too, but I can't remember who the hell was in it - it was a long time ago. Rear Window is pretty good, a classic. I watched it the other night, but didn't get to finish it because rain or some kind of interference screwed with the recording on the DVR. The very ending was blipped, right at the scene where he falls out of the window and all the police finally show up. Almost like someone planned it that way just to annoy me. :D Totally ruined it, I had to hop online to watch the ending on youtube.  :frustration:

Same thing Man Who Knew Too Much. About 10 seconds into it, the recording died and kicked me back out to live TV mode.

Vertigo worked though.

Man! What a good movie. A lot of people these days rank it as Hitchcock's #1 masterpiece. I might have to agree with that. (I always thought Psycho was Hitchcock's best - one of the greatest horror/psych thrillers and it was top 3 on my favorite horror movies list.) Great use of augmented reality with some clever usage of animation in key spots that doesn't interrupt the flow and feel of the movie the way you'd think tossing in some animated effects might. Sort of a noir kinda thing, little bit of a mystery, a classic romance/thriller like Hollywood was known for back in the 40's and 50's. An absolutely gorgeous Kim Novak. James Stewart is not really one of my favorite actors, but he was perfect for the part. And just the fact that it was made in '58 - the cars, the buildings, the clotches, art-deco style of everything... It was the PERFECT time and place for such a story. You can try to recreate it in modern film, but it never has the same feel to it.

It's piqued my interest in Hitchcock movies now. Went online and looked up a complete list of all of his movies. Eh... too many to get em all. I made a list of about 20 of them (which might be close to half (chatgpt says theres 53).
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #1717 on: January 08, 2024, 03:32:44 AM »
Since I'm on the topic of "oldies", another old one I watched a while back that I'd recommend...

Lady in the Lake (1947) - starring Audrey Totter

Definitely in the noir genre. A bit of an oddball movie for the time. The entire thing is shot in 1st person perspective. YOU are the main character. The synopsis from IMDB:

The lady editor of a crime magazine hires Phillip Marlowe to find the wife of her boss. The private detective soon finds himself involved in murder.

Audrey Totter. Like Kim Novak, an absolutely gorgeous woman - both proof that class matters and you don't have to look like a slutty whore to be a knockout. It's kinda funny how her character interestingly evolves from an aloof ice queen bitch to a clingy smitten-with-love submissive as it goes on.

Not a particularly amazing movie. The story is okay. I just thought it was something out-of-the-ordinary and interesting enough to recommend as something "different". So keep that in mind: not "amazing"... it's "different".

https://archive.org/details/lady-in-the-lake-robert-montgomery-audrey-totter-leon-ames-tom-tully-lloyd-nolan-1947
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #1718 on: January 11, 2024, 03:45:37 AM »
A weird short film with James Brown.

From the videos description: James Brown, Clive Owen, Gary Oldman and Danny Trejo star in this hyperkinetic short film from the director of True Romance. Commissioned by BMW to promote their cars, it was one of a series of shorts directed by top tier tHollywood filmmakers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfh7NBIh4hg

• Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline yahoo

• Opulent Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #1719 on: January 11, 2024, 01:38:45 PM »
if Danny Trejo is in it then Im in
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline TriggerHappy{FLP}

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #1720 on: January 24, 2024, 01:01:09 AM »

Oppenheimer (2023)

Watched it last night. Yeah... so... it's a dramatization of Oppenheimer's life and story. Nothing really more to say than that. It is what it is. Pretty long though, 3 hours total. I fell asleep somewhere after hour 2 and woke up about 15 minutes before it ended. Didn't miss a damn thing that I could tell.

The explosion of the first test... seems like they didn't want to use any real footage of a real nuclear test. Did they maybe feel like the difference in the look of the shots would disrupt the flow of the movie somehow? I don't know. What they did end up creating in it's place looked FAR smaller than any kind of nuclear explosion. It was very underwhelming, and I think this movie had a moral duty to really demonstrate and relate just how unfathomably vast and powerful a nuclear weapon is. The real Oppenheimer was horrified by what he had created. And the movie showed that, but the explosion they showed looked more like a regular old fireball from a gasoline explosion. In my opinion, the bullshit explosion they used did more to disrupt the movie than using stock footage of the trinity test would've. ::)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19ikl8vy4zs

loved it.

Tried watching it tonight. Got about 30 minutes into it before I had to cut it off. There's so much Italian being spoken in the movie, and when I converted it to MP4 from the MKV I downloaded, I didn't burn in the subtitles. So I had to re-convert it a couple times trying different subtitle tracks before I got the one that added all the Italian parts. Will watch it tomorrow night I guess.

Instead, I watched...

The Killer (2023) starring Michael Fassbender.

The previews I saw for it on Youtube made it look like it was going to be some kind of start-to-finish high impact action marathon like a Jason Bourne movie or something, but... it really wasn't. It was okay. The flow was a bit weird the way it did "chapters" for each target he identifies. But the whole "he's a hitman who obsesses over details and methods" thing has kinda been done before, ya know?

yeah oppenheimer i think i tried to watch it as well but honestly i was so bored watching it i think my gf and i both fell asleep to it within an hour i haven't really given much thought past that and i actually really like cillian murphy's acting i think he's one of those hidden gems especially after the peaky blinders show last movie i watched was cold pursuit with liam neeson not a bad movie i've seen it before in theatres 
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline QwazyWabbit

• Carpal Tunnel Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #1721 on: January 24, 2024, 10:26:10 AM »
Reading some of the stuff posted about how they did the explosion for the movie, it was non-CGI practical miniature explosions in a studio as big as they could manage without destroying everything. I guess they didn't want to use the actual footage from Trinity because it wasn't filmed in the proper aspect ratio for wide screen cinema and would have detracted from the movie. If you go to YouTube and watch them there are enhanced versions of many of the nuke tests but when they add sound they don't account for the delays and I think it detracts from the experience. A 20kT observed from 5 miles away would be utterly silent until just before the shock wave arrives and the first thing you would hear would be the sound emanating from the earthquake under your feet created by the impulse of the explosion at ground zero. You can't observe the flash with your eyes even with goggles on or you'd be blinded so all you can see would be the fireball after the primary detonation.

I haven't seen the movie but from what I've read about Oppie and the team, they had Germany in mind during the project and once they had achived the goal of creating a practical nuclear weapon they really didn't want it actually used but wanted it to be the big stick to force surrender. Truman didn't want to risk a possible dud in a demo explosion in front of the world so I guess it was all or nothing in a drop on Japan. They were fire-bombing cities all over Japan except for certain targets and still the empire wouldn't surrender so Truman decided to make a sudden impression on the preserved target cities. I think racism and revenge for Pearl Harbor had a little bit to do with it too and that also entered into Oppenheimer's regrets, IMO.

I should also say that the argument that there might be a possible dud is rather specious. Trinity was a plutonium device, similar to Fat Man and it worked perfectly. Little Boy was a Uranium device, a gun type A-bomb, virtually guaranteed to work so the actual risk of a dud demo was very low. Lower even that a live drop from a bomber.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #1722 on: February 01, 2024, 06:05:49 PM »
The Silent Mountain (2014)

Haven't seen it yet. Came across this youtube clip about it. A movie about WW1. Looks pretty interesting. Trying to download it now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dszlIAF5zfg

I saw a couple of other movies about WW1 in the past few years...

1917 (2019) - was REALLY good. About 2 soldiers tasked with taking an important message to the front line warning the officers to call off an attack. From what I remember, apparently the enemy found out about the attack, knew they were coming, and were set up to ambush and slaughter them. Don't wanna say more than that lest I give it away for anyone who will want to see it now. You should though. Seriously, it's really good.

All Quiet on the Western Front (2022) - Was filmed in German, but dubbed pretty well in English. Usually dubbed movies kinda suck because the dubbed voices are completely void of the proper emotion... or they OVER-emote things... this one, the English dubs do tend to match the actors appropriately. About a German boy and his friends who join the war effort thinking they will become heroes, but quickly find out that they got themselves into a veritable "world of shit" as they say. Accurately depicts the horrors of WW1 as well as any movie possibly could. Not a happy tale at all, very sad ending and would be categorized as a "tragedy" as far as plays go.

From what little I've seen of clips of the 1979 version, I guess it borrows a lot from the 1979 version of the same name starring Richard Thomas, Ernest Borgnine, Donald Pleasance, and Ian Holm. I haven't seen that one all the way through, perhaps I'll download it too. And THAT one is a remake of the original 1930 version... which I ALSO haven't seen.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #1723 on: March 25, 2024, 02:53:40 PM »
I've always been a fan of the original Road House with Patrick Swayze (ever since it first came out in '89). And not because it's become a cult classic and people think that it's "so bad that it's good", I disagree that it's "bad". I'll grant you that some of the dialogue is a little awkward, but as a late 80's, early 90's action flick goes, it's got it all - a great villain (Ben Gazzara as Brad Wesley  :thumbsup:), a likeable badass hero, good action, interesting scenes like the monster truck driving through the car dealership, and the special guest appearance of the Jeff Healey Band at their peak. (Big Jeff Healey fan, dude was an awesome guitar player). It's just a certain kind of movie, made a certain kind of way, at a certain point in time. And you can't duplicate that - times are different now, it could never come out the same. The old classic action movies, you can't copy the formula, it's just not the 90's anymore, it'll never be the same.

But that didn't stop someone from trying to remake and re-define Road House. ::)

Road House (2024) - starring Jake Gyllenhall, Conor McGregor

Watched it this weekend. Eh... not terrible. Definitely not as good as the original. It does very little to stick to the original story, which I actually kind of appreciate. Rule #1: NEVER remake a fucking movie. But if you're fucking determined to be an asshole and do it anyway, at least don't make the same movie. And with the exception with when he meets the "love interest" in the hospital and some of the dialogue between them, most of the movie goes entirely it's own way. I think they did some weird 3d camera stuff to get the fight sequences looking a certain way... I wasn't a big fan of it, it looked too unnatural, and I suspect much of it was done in front of a green screen.

Conor McGregor... kinda plays himself for the most part. A wild obnoxious violent 24/7 party-time kinda guy. Looked like he was beefed up a little on 'roids, looked bloated up and much more Hulk Hogan-y than his typical fighting weight. I suppose he's an interesting villain, but nothing supremely special in my opinion.

It's watchable, especially if you're an action movie person. If you're not, you might lose interest somewhere in the middle. The 1989 Road House is still better in my opinion. Honestly, they could've retitled the movie, renamed Dalton to something else, and severed any connections to the original Road House movie, and it wouldn't change anything.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

El Box de Shoutamente

Last 10 Shouts:

-Unh0ly-

March 18, 2024, 03:51:45 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjGjxwHT6ok

played guitar drums bass and sang cuz everyone too lame to start a band with me

0rbisson

March 14, 2024, 04:29:08 AM
HT1 or whatever the stupid map name is instant server killer. the map is trash, Everyone leaves

Costigan_Q2

March 10, 2024, 04:00:02 PM
This is my fave TS post.

And quadz posted it - some ppl must haaate that. :)

-Unh0ly-

February 29, 2024, 08:35:47 AM
MONDAY NIGHT RAILWARZ GAMES   74.91.120.171:27910 -- BIG FUCKIN GAMES.... LETS GO!!!!!!!

|iR|Focalor

February 29, 2024, 01:19:58 AM

|iR|Focalor

February 27, 2024, 12:23:01 AM

0rbisson

February 26, 2024, 11:38:19 AM
player "shogun" known hacker back on ts servers. http://forum.tastyspleen.net/quake/index.php?topic=21160.msg201752#msg201752

|iR|Focalor

February 17, 2024, 10:11:59 PM

Costigan_Q2

February 16, 2024, 07:45:01 AM
Almost 4 months ey? that's a new record.

Last accepted: profile;u=7126
Date Registered:17-10-2023
WaKy-FeLa

Last registered: profile;u=7150
Date Registered:09-02-2024
damsonpharmacy

0rbisson

February 14, 2024, 10:51:18 PM
pings back up to 400+ on dm

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:01:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length