Author Topic: Bogus IR Dirvish/MOUTH FACE  (Read 14156 times)

Offline bvughtoonice

• Swanky Member
  • Join Quake Legacy Mod Revival Discord!
    • View Profile
    • Mod Revival made easy on discord chat!
  • Rated:
Re: Bogus IR Dirvish/MOUTH FACE
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2014, 08:10:07 AM »
i download every single model... or close to from planet quake before it went down...

because i enjoyed my Sailor Moon CTF

i later tried Mega Man and Kenny CTF n some other models..

i reverted back to stock models since that time... so thats why i uploaded stock models as they were the current ones in use...

not sure if i replaced cyborg with stock model.. as its less popular and i dont see it often
----------------------------
focalor.. i've downloaded many things from your site. thank you.  maybe im using claus pak at the moment... i do not know..ive tried many paks from many developers.. and mixed n matche my own custom paks trying to learn on my own how the whole system works..
my one issue i get is sometimes when using r1q2 client my ctf skins that should be blue look kinda green..if i do a vid_restart they turn blue... if i use some other client q2pro they are just blue...

i know if u have a cluster certain things will override other things...
as im am just experimenting at my own pace that i enjoy i do not find it important to make it "perfect" if it works  it works..

yes my quake2 folder is a cluster F%#$ as i have been experimenting swapping models out to see what they look like in my CTF skins

when dragging and dropping new models to my male female.. cyborg folders... i along dropped the .wav files for those models and whatever else may have been in those folders.. skins weapon models etc

after trying 10+ models... and not deleting every since file out of my male female folders etc...

id get 150 bad files 70 bad files... 46 bad files whatever..

i use r1q2 and i have anticheat dll my ac isnt working im not sure why but as im not cheating or making any attempt it really shouldnt matter..

I play CTF with 100s of people on a monthly basis for past couple years... no one who actually play CTF with me has any issues of me making them look like sailormoon or megaman or kenny.. ive posted enough SS on ACME Forums... and no one feels threatened..

they may think it looks stupid which they are entitled to feel that way... but the last thing they are worried about is me being a cheat

it would take too long for me to upload my whole quake2 folder or all 5 of my quake2 folders since ive made back ups for experimenting purposes..

quadz if you would like to telnet/remote admin into my computer.. id have no issue with that for temporary purpose of checking my entire quake2folder/s  and if my  mass collection of all the models i downloaded from planet quake could be any real help to the community as far as validating approved models... i guess i wouldn't mind uploaded every single one of them if u gave me a place to do it.

• Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Well-Reasoned Argument and/or Conclusion
    Demonstrates Exceptional Knowlege of the Game
    Appears Not to Comprehend Game Fundamentals
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Whoosh! You done missed the joke thar Cletus!
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Preposterously Irrational Arguments
    Blindingly Obvious Logical Fallacies
    Absurd Misconstrual of Scientific Principles or Evidence
    Amazing Conspiracy Theory Bro
    Racist Ignoramus
Bring more Life back to your favorite mod! on discord chat!#gloom #vortex #qpong #kots #giex #q2jump #ra2 #wod #wodx #railwarz #LMCTF #LFireCTF #expertctf https://quakelegacy.com/

Offline quadz

• Loquaciously Multiloquent Member
    • View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2014, 08:40:43 AM »
So far I have 14 unique unknown models. I don't "think" any of them should be files that would be flagged as modified because the models they replace probably aren't models that you could devise a way to cheat with anyway.

Indeed, I don't believe any of those items appears in our AC hashes file.

• Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
"He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious."

Offline quadz

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2014, 08:53:38 AM »
Quote from: beaver{KEA} on December 06, 2014, 08:10:07 AM
i download every single model... or close to from planet quake before it went down...

because i enjoyed my Sailor Moon CTF

i later tried Mega Man and Kenny CTF n some other models..

i reverted back to stock models since that time... so thats why i uploaded stock models as they were the current ones in use...

I'm familiar with players having all sorts of custom models installed, but for some reason it never occurred to me that people would be swapping custom models in place of male/female/cyborg.

(I get it, in retrospect, from a customization angle.)

and if my  mass collection of all the models i downloaded from planet quake could be any real help to the community as far as validating approved models... i guess i wouldn't mind uploaded every single one of them if u gave me a place to do it.

We do have a ton of them installed on the server: http://tastyspleen.net/~quake2/baseq2/players/

However, if you have some that we're missing I think it would be great to have them uploaded.

Probably the easiest method for you would be just to .zip up your entire baseq2/players folder.

This can be done in Windows by navigating to baseq2, right-clicking on players, and choosing:
Send To -> Compressed (zipped) folder.

Then use an FTP program to upload the whole .zip file to our q2-uploads account. (Account details are here: http://forum.tastyspleen.net/quake/index.php?topic=5077.0 )

You can drop the whole .zip in baseq2/players, and I can easily sort out on the server which parts of it are new and which parts we already have.

Thanks,

quadz

• Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus
"He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious."

Offline WORM.

• Take it easy, man
    • View Profile
    • ACMECTF
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2014, 09:18:08 AM »
I probably should have replied to this late yesterday but martini time was calling.

It was unclear at first if dervish was referring to AcmeCTF file checks or Tastyspleen file checks as we don't currently use the same hashes. I have no problem cooperating on hashes if that would help alleviate concerns....some files used on TS do not pass our checks.

Our hashes are no doubt more limited and do not include many of yours so I was under the impression the complaint was Beaver not passing our checks...which I am well aware of but I have yet to see anything of what we consider a "cheatable" nature in his models, etc.

Granted, we haven't reviewed his files because they haven't been submitted for review and added if valid. I have no problem adding hashes for different files as long as they do not give an advantage in game but I'm not going to waste my time on daily changes just because someone wants to "see what it looks like".

We are AC optional, except for IPs or subnets forced AC due to previous history or strong suspicion, and have not had any problem with Beaver attempting any cheats. If he did, he would be either forced AC on our servers or summarily banned depending on the offense.

Glad to see this is somewhat sorted out now.
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• Irrepressibly Profuse Member
  • Help Destroy America: VOTE DEMOCRAT
    • View Profile
    • Focalor's Horrible Website: We Rape You Til The Room Stinks
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2014, 10:07:31 AM »
So far I have 14 unique unknown models. I don't "think" any of them should be files that would be flagged as modified because the models they replace probably aren't models that you could devise a way to cheat with anyway.

Indeed, I don't believe any of those items appears in our AC hashes file.

I also asked which files would be flagged if they were modified or unknown. I guess I already know the answer to that one though... kinda. Player models and player weapon models I guess you'd wanna make sure are legit and not spiked. I know that me and Real once discovered a spiked GL projectile model in a pak which was apparently KNOWN because AC actually kicked for using it with a "spiked model" violation, so there's that. And yet... I've added dangling testicles and a german helmet mushroom head to my dick rockets, which definitely fits the bill for "modified model", yet apparently people have 100% impunity to do whatever they want to that model... including adding huge spikes? Doesn't make a lot of sense. If you'd add spiked GL projectiles to the list, why wouldn't you be checking for modified rockets? Seems to me like someone could add an insanely long spike to the front of a rocket and thus be able to dodge incoming fire better since they'd SEE exactly where it's going to hit. And being that I probably just gave a few assholes some clever ideas here... you sure you don't wanna add that model to the checklist? :D
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline quadz

• View Profile
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2014, 01:39:11 AM »
I also asked which files would be flagged if they were modified or unknown.

Basically these:

http://tastyspleen.net/~quake2/anticheat/hashes/spikedmodels.hashes
http://tastyspleen.net/~quake2/anticheat/hashes/vwep_patch.hashes
http://tastyspleen.net/~quake2/anticheat/hashes/sounds.hashes

(Note: "spikedmodels" seems a little confusingly named. It really means "known good models that can be enforced to guard against potential spiked models.")

• Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

Offline |iR|Focalor

• Irrepressibly Profuse Member
  • Help Destroy America: VOTE DEMOCRAT
    • View Profile
    • Focalor's Horrible Website: We Rape You Til The Room Stinks
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2014, 10:36:26 AM »
confusingly

Yeah, I am a little confusingly'd. Don't really know what I'm looking at there, but it looks like as I assumed, all the player weapon models are listed to guard against someone adding giant spikes to them (bypassing the need to spike the player model itself). But like I said before, and you may even remember this, there was a time when both Realistic and I came up with violations for spiked grenade launcher projectile models from some pak we found while putting together our TS homepages individually. I found it first while ripping items from paks I found around the net to compile my pak item archive, and then he found the same pak on the net and posted it in his pak file collection, and I ended up pointing it out to him that he unknowingly had the same pak containing a spiked GL projectile model posted on his page. And I see something for "a_grenades" there, but I'm thinking "a_*" models are "ammo pack" models, which wouldn't be the same as the actual throwable grenade models or the grenade launcher grenade models. And down at the bottom of the 1st list, it has the "object/rocket" model listed, yet I clearly have a modified unknown rocket model, and it's not flagging anything. Either somethings broke with the list, I'm just really confused about what I'm seeing, or a little bit of both. Can you explain it in a little more detail? If it's super-secret stuff you'd rather not blab about to the whole world, just PM me. You know me, I ain't gonna use the shit you say to do a 180 and start hacking tomorrow, I got no interest in that ugly shit.

Also, would it be possible once I finish this pak I'm doing to get my models listed as legit by you, or is that something r1ch himself has to setup and since he's MIA we're just stuck with the list as is?

I hadn't gotten to it yet, but I was considering making some new unique weapon pickup models, like some kinda crazy dick-launcher for my dick rockets. And if I ended up doing that, I might even try to take the models and shrink them a little to use as vwep models for players so you can see players holding the same weapons... instead of having dick-launchers sitting around the map and still having players carrying the stock rocket launchers. But if that's not something that can be added to the legit lists by you since r1ch ain't around, then I won't even attempt it.

edit: Just connected to DM. My AC is connecting now. It says 0 failed filechecks, even with my unknown dick rockets. :-\
  • Insightful
    Informative
    Funny
    Nice Job / Good Work
    Rock On
    Flawless Logic
    Frag of the Week
    Frag Hall of Fame
    Jump of the Week
    Jump Hall of Fame
    Best Solution
    Wins The Internet
    Obvious Troll Is Obvious
    DO YOU EVEN LIFT?
    DEMO OR STFU
    Offtopic
    Flamebait
    Redundant
    Factually Challenged
    Racist Ignoramus

El Box de Shoutamente

Last 10 Shouts:

|iR|Focalor

April 18, 2024, 02:55:33 PM
Quake 2 needs some pubic hair!

Sgt. Dick

April 17, 2024, 08:44:00 PM
This place is not what it used to be, but It can still be amusing at times  :D

Costigan_Q2

April 02, 2024, 07:49:21 AM
Quake 2 needs a public square.

|iR|Focalor

April 02, 2024, 06:38:09 AM
Deflection.

-Unh0ly-

April 02, 2024, 04:32:51 AM

Costigan_Q2

April 02, 2024, 03:22:32 AM
And now, as usual, we finally get to this pathetic buffoon, once again, pettily grasping at straws for any desperate tiny false 'victory' it genuinely believes it can win.

|iR|Focalor

April 02, 2024, 02:18:27 AM
"I freely admit to my faults but this degenerate can't even recognise his nevermind admit them."

I asked you why, and you only responded with "everyone's a sinner." That's less "freely admitting your faults" and more of a minimization of them. Just saying.

Costigan_Q2

April 02, 2024, 01:51:31 AM
I freely admit to my faults but this degenerate can't even recognise his nevermind admit them. :)

He'll never learn, just like Beaver...

Costigan_Q2

April 02, 2024, 01:30:11 AM
Yes, everyone's a sinner.

Didn't you know?

They've only banned my Costigan identity accounts. :)

|iR|Focalor

April 02, 2024, 01:24:14 AM
"Trolls get banned, that's universal"

I forget, maybe you can help me out... Which one of us is banned from Tastyspleen discord again? And why?

Show 50 latest
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:22:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length